My family's story.
70 repliesLocked
"Jeffrey wrote:
Far is relative.
lost two brothers, graduated college, you're still going, id say you're pretty damn far.
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
I believe that my brother Dave was killed. I know he chose to take that shot of heroin, but his "friend" left him out to dry. He might as well have put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger.
At the wake, Dave's friend Jack was approached by Mike, one of Dave's friends from high school. Mike and a couple other people wanted the "green light" to murder these scumbags. Since Jack isn't a scumbag, he didn't give them the greenlight. He said and I quote...."It wouldn't bring Dave back."
Looking back on that....I wish that Jack had given the green light.
![]()
A dark spirit has come upon you.
"Jeffrey wrote:
I believe that my brother Dave was killed. I know he chose to take that shot of heroin, but his "friend" left him out to dry. He might as well have put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger.
At the wake, Dave's friend Jack was approached by Mike, one of Dave's friends from high school. Mike and a couple other people wanted the "green light" to murder these scumbags. Since Jack isn't a scumbag, he didn't give them the greenlight. He said and I quote...."It wouldn't bring Dave back."
Looking back on that....I wish that Jack had given the green light.
you want revenge. Who wouldn't?
You're friend jack is right though. If the friend was killed, who would benefit? Your brothers friends would go to prison, a person would be dead, how many more families would be destroyed. you're angry, and sad. I understand I would be too.
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
"Jeffrey wrote:
They were not friends. And those f***ing junkies deserved to be murdered. THEY DESTROYED MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!
So destroying someone elses family would make you feel better? What they did was wrong no question but nothing that could be said or done is bring your brother back right? So whats the point?
What destroyed your family wasnt anyone else then your brother deciding to stick a needle in his arm. Those other kids were probably blitzed themselves...obviously they werent very good friends but at the same time they arent your brothers keeper.
I'm glad. Stay strong Jeffrey. You can show the world, you're a survivor. You have certainly proved it to all of us.
I had an epiphany in Orlando the other night. I can tell you the entire story if you want, but I found God.
![]()
A dark spirit has come upon you.
Good to see you back :hi5:
Thank you to whoever unlocked this thread. I was offended when I found out that someone had locked it.
![]()
A dark spirit has come upon you.
While I wasn't the one who locked it, I agreed with the decision. Not to disrespect you but because some of the answers were not going well in the discussion. In what was intended to be a compassionate act on your behalf, we didn't want anything more that would have upset you. The result might not have been what you wanted but the motive was a good one.
I am happy for your epiphany and would be delighted to hear about it. Perhaps you would send me a pm or maybe make a thread in the religion forum. Some will challenge you but that is a generally respectful place.
Welcome back!
OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.
Thanks for being one of the few people who actually care. I know that there are people on this site that hate me for whatever reason. But you know what? I don't care. People can knit pick me to death but they don't know or care what I'm going through, so it doesn't matter to me. And my gut feeling is being confirmed by the minute as people don't respond to my messages or friend requests.
![]()
A dark spirit has come upon you.
Not surprised that no one responded. I came here to reach out for help and I got banned for 10 days, then ignored.
Thanks.
![]()
A dark spirit has come upon you.
"Jeffrey wrote:
Not surprised that no one responded. I came here to reach out for help and I got banned for 10 days, then ignored.
Thanks.
You are not being ignored... People may not have read this thread, or they just don't have an answer or anything to say...its not because you are being ignored... Also it's only been a couple of hours. you need to give people more time to respond.
plus it was 3 in the morning, most people are asleep......or in the ladies lounge haha
jeffrey im here to talk if you ever need anything, you can pm me....we have been chatting VIA visitor messages......i work till 530ish however, and if i cant respond during the day....you know why. i dont have access to thephins at work, enless i sneak on my phone during a break or something.
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

I'm just really disappointed with how I feel like every word I say is knit picked to death. I feel like people are just looking for an excuse to ban me again. I just want people to not treat me like I'm an outcast. Which is how I get treated in real life seemingly everywhere I go. Just please cut me some slack. That's all I ask. Don't send me an infraction and ban me over something small. I'm not sitting here cursing people out or threatening anyone. I'm just trying to reach out for some help.
The hand over the fist.
![]()
A dark spirit has come upon you.
Your supposed issues are just too big and too personal for you to expect results from talking with people on a Miami Dolphins internet forum.
If indeed your stories are all true, what you should do is get some therapy for your issues in a professional environment, with mental health professionals.
Just my 2 cents, bro. :knucks:
"TrueDolFan wrote:
Your supposed issues are just too big and too personal for you to expect results from talking with people on a Miami Dolphins internet forum.
If indeed your stories are all true, what you should do is get some therapy for your issues in a professional environment, with mental health professionals.
Just my 2 cents, bro. :knucks:
Why are you using words like "supposed" and then you go on to say that "If indeed your stories are all true".........are you calling me a liar?
Is that whats going on here? You all think I'm a liar? TrueDolFan did you even click the link and read my familys story? www.drugfree.org is a real website. You think I'm making this up? I WISH I WAS MAKING THIS UP.
And I don't think its a coincidence that you have "Minion of Satan" next to your picture and you're sitting there implying that I'm a liar. Do me a favor and don't respond on my thread again. Thank you.
![]()
A dark spirit has come upon you.
"Jeffrey wrote:
Why are you using words like "supposed" and then you go on to say that "If indeed your stories are all true".........are you calling me a liar?
Is that whats going on here? You all think I'm a liar? TrueDolFan did you even click the link and read my familys story? www.drugfree.org is a real website. You think I'm making this up? I WISH I WAS MAKING THIS UP.
And I don't think its a coincidence that you have "Minion of Satan" next to your picture and you're sitting there implying that I'm a liar. Do me a favor and don't respond on my thread again. Thank you.
Instead of focusing on the one word of the statement you didnt like, which you are taking entirely out of context by the way, may be you need to focus on the rest of his statement which is true. If you dont like someone you have the option to ignore them but you arent going to sit there and tell people which threads to respond to. Sorry, thats just not happening. Also, youre going to want to learn how to speak nicer to people. Calling someone a "Minion of Satan" is rude when hes simply trying to help. Either you want the help or you want to be disruptive but it wont be both. Im sorry that youre in the situation youre in but thats not an excuse for the way you responded.
"Boik14 wrote:
Instead of focusing on the one word of the statement you didnt like, which you are taking entirely out of context by the way, may be you need to focus on the rest of his statement which is true. If you dont like someone you have the option to ignore them but you arent going to sit there and tell people which threads to respond to. Sorry, thats just not happening. Also, youre going to want to learn how to speak nicer to people. Calling someone a "Minion of Satan" is rude when hes simply trying to help. Either you want the help or you want to be disruptive but it wont be both. Im sorry that youre in the situation youre in but thats not an excuse for the way you responded.
Focus on the rest of his statement? You mean the part where he said that I need to seek therapy? What else? Do you know how many times I've been to therapy? Do you know how many times people have suggested that I seek therapy? Um....it says Minion of Satan next to his picture, like I said. How am I calling him what it says next to his picture? That makes no sense. He wrote it. Not me. Honestly I don't want your help. All you seem to do is attack me and I'm tired of it.
![]()
A dark spirit has come upon you.
"Jeffrey wrote:
Focus on the rest of his statement? You mean the part where he said that I need to seek therapy? What else? Do you know how many times I've been to therapy? Do you know how many times people have suggested that I seek therapy? Um....it says Minion of Satan next to his picture, like I said. How am I calling him what it says next to his picture? That makes no sense. He wrote it. Not me. Honestly I don't want your help. All you seem to do is attack me and I'm tired of it.
bro, you need to realize that you have only been here for a few weeks. some of us have known eachother for years. and though some of us have all met and hung out, this is still the internet. there's always an air of misunderstanding, misinterpretation, and uncertainty. you asked for help and people here are nice and trying to help you. every post in this thread is a gift to you, and yet you judge peoples offerings. or say they aren't offering enough.
you seem young and confused and hurt. the fact seems to be that you aren't ready or willing to allow yourself to feel better. you want to stay angry. thats something you need to figure out. but don't think you're the only person on here who's suffered and been through a tragedy. been to hell and back. how you handle it is ultimately up to you. just remember, you aren't a guy we have all known for years, and have any proof of seeing or spending time with, nor have a long standing friendship with. but we give you the benefit of the doubt, and do the best we can by you. because at the end of the day, all we are qualified to give is a half-assed opinion on the Miami Dolphins and why the Jets suck.
Look, "Jeffrey", I said what I said because I was giving my advice to a dude who went out of his way to start a thread looking for advice. It's NOT an insult for somebody to advise you to seek professional help.
ThePHINS.com is a very close-knit community of users, and to me, I find it VERY odd that somebody would join our site, and within a few days start carrying on about how he's picked on everywhere he goes, that people "stalk" him on the internet, how he's tired of being judged, and tell total strangers his life story via a convenient web link.
Regardless of whether what you claim is true or not, I believe that you have very real, very deep issues you need help with, brother. The fact that you sent me a PM telling me "you think you're smooth, don't you" and "I know what you're trying to do" is evidence of that.
I wish you well, and I hope you get the counseling you need.
"Jeffrey wrote:
Focus on the rest of his statement? You mean the part where he said that I need to seek therapy? What else? Do you know how many times I've been to therapy? Do you know how many times people have suggested that I seek therapy? Um....it says Minion of Satan next to his picture, like I said. How am I calling him what it says next to his picture? That makes no sense. He wrote it. Not me. Honestly I don't want your help. All you seem to do is attack me and I'm tired of it.
I made no such attack of you personally. I dont do that. You just didnt like the answer I gave which frankly I cant help you with. Again, the context with which you are taking peoples statements is incorrect; I read his sig and I read what you wrote. The two are entirely different.
I've been a part of this board for roughly a year now, and what the regulars want to do here is help you.
The internet being what it is sometimes posts can be taken out of context. It's very easy.
FWIW I'm a psychology major and this stuff definitely falls under the 'you need help' category. That's not an insult to your person, but a reality. There's nothing wrong with needing help in life.
I've got several things that I need to go see a therapist about, but haven't been able to due to financial reasons. I don't see this as a dash to my character. It's just something I need to do to help me fix some things that have happened in my past.
Once I get the $ to go I will go. And whenever medicaid kicks in is when that will be.
I suggest that you see if you're available for medicaid if $ is the issue, or call a therapist and ask what their rates are, and what you can expect before going. Maybe see if you can go talk to them about talking to them. Also you have to find one that you can open up to because otherwise it will be useless.
Sometimes there are just things that you can't figure out on your own and you need someone who has devoted their time to figuring out what makes people tick.
Best of luck.
"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl
"TrueDolFan wrote:
Look, "Jeffrey", I said what I said because I was giving my advice to a dude who went out of his way to start a thread looking for advice. It's NOT an insult for somebody to advise you to seek professional help.
ThePHINS.com is a very close-knit community of users, and to me, I find it VERY odd that somebody would join our site, and within a few days start carrying on about how he's picked on everywhere he goes, that people "stalk" him on the internet, how he's tired of being judged, and tell total strangers his life story via a convenient web link.
Regardless of whether what you claim is true or not, I believe that you have very real, very deep issues you need help with, brother. The fact that you sent me a PM telling me "you think you're smooth, don't you" and "I know what you're trying to do" is evidence of that.
I wish you well, and I hope you get the counseling you need.
See.....now I'm starting to regret reaching out for help because people like you have to somehow try and throw it in my face. Just because I'm new here means that I couldn't post about whats going on in my life? You know how many times I've told complete strangers my life story? You think you have the right to tell me when and where I can tell my life story? HOW DARE YOU.
I've spoke in front of hundreds of people before and told my life story, so has my father. You want to judge him too?
![]()
A dark spirit has come upon you.
You are searching for something that you are not going to find here, and getting angry at the people on this board will not bring it any closer.
This thread is locked.