My fandom is almost gone.

31 replies

PSGPSGForum VeteranOP
Oct 12, 2014, 01:36 PM

Before I start let me just say I know all the rainbow and lollipoppers will call me this and that and tell me to GTFO. But that's not the point of the post.

My point is, there was a time when those last 4 plays, especially the 4th down call, would enrage me and Id be screaming at the TV. Now I just shrug my shoulders and go back to the RedZone channel.
This franchise the last decade has sucked the fandom out of me. And it makes me sad.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 12, 2014, 01:38 PM

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2014, 01:51 PM

Good for you. Why even click on it then bro?

HEheylookatmeForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2014, 02:13 PM

Honestly I feel about the same way. Even if we go down the field and score here, I don't even think I'll be excited. We're just... boring.

BumrushBumrushSupporter
Oct 12, 2014, 02:40 PM

It's been 15 years of ineptitude.

It's hard to have hope anymore.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Oct 12, 2014, 02:41 PM

Another year, another thread from PSG claiming he's almost done with this team.

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2014, 02:47 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

Another year, another thread from PSG claiming he's almost done with this team.

I know.
I don't know why stick around either. Glutton for punishment I guess.

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2014, 02:49 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

Another year, another thread from PSG claiming he's almost done with this team.

The point of the post was more to say the passion isn't there like it used to.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 12, 2014, 03:44 PM

24-17

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

VanDolPhanVanDolPhanSupporter
Oct 12, 2014, 03:45 PM

"PSG wrote:

The point of the post was more to say the passion isn't there like it used to.

If you don't have passion right about this moment............You must be clinically dead.

GermanfinfanGermanfinfanNew Member
Oct 12, 2014, 05:28 PM

I thought I had lost my fandom a lot of times during the last years but man...I'm as pissed of as I have ever been right now because of this crap! So I guess it will never change, I will always love the Phins, it's like a curse or something.

rdhstlr23rdhstlr23Supporter
Oct 12, 2014, 05:35 PM

lmeister - too good man, haha.

PSG - I have no problems with those statements. It is what it is. Can't expect people to hang around if your team sucks.

DEDen54Supporter
Oct 12, 2014, 05:46 PM

"PSG wrote:

I know.
I don't know why stick around either. Glutton for punishment I guess.

Like myself, a true sadist.

ASOTASOTNew Member
Oct 12, 2014, 06:01 PM

PSG I know how you feel. I used to get excited before games, all butterflies and such. It's been years, since I've had that kind of excitement. My fandom is still there I am FINZ 4 LIFE as anyone on Facebook knows, but I am getting closer and closer to just ignoring them until Ross sells. I truly think he is the biggest impediment to the teams success.

Hopefully he's getting tired of losing, and will want to sell. I can't believe the next owners will be nearly as clueless.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2014, 06:15 PM

"PSG wrote:

Before I start let me just say I know all the rainbow and lollipoppers will call me this and that and tell me to GTFO. But that's not the point of the post.

My point is, there was a time when those last 4 plays, especially the 4th down call, would enrage me and Id be screaming at the TV. Now I just shrug my shoulders and go back to the RedZone channel.
This franchise the last decade has sucked the fandom out of me. And it makes me sad.

While I completely feel where you're coming from, Green Bay is worlds ahead of us in terms of offensive chemistry. The Fins stood tough and Rodgers had a super-human performance...and honestly the better team won. Now, maybe I'd feel different if I felt that we would definitely win today going into the match-up, but we all knew that Green Bay was going to take this game. So being mad over losing it in the last 2 minutes is a bit on the drama-queen side of things, even though we should have won. Because the truth of the matter is, Miami played better than 90% of the people here expected them to.....so why be angry?

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 12, 2014, 06:24 PM

if it weren't for packer fans that stadium would of had 20,000 empty seats for a team in first place..not good.

ABrownLampABrownLampNew Member
Oct 12, 2014, 06:41 PM

Dear diary,
today the Dolphins made me sad, but not sad like the other times. just thought you should know!

mlb1399mlb1399Forum Veteran
Oct 12, 2014, 06:42 PM

Being a Dolphins fan is a cycle of vicious and deep emotional abuse.

I will never give up on this franchise but I can understand the apathy. Except for a gimmick wildcat offense, we have been insignificant for the better part of 15 years.

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Oct 12, 2014, 06:56 PM

PSG I knew from the moment we settled for the punt we were going to lose. We have seen it happen way too many times to this team.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2014, 07:31 PM

When we threw the incomplete pass on 1st and ten I knew we were going to lose.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Oct 12, 2014, 07:49 PM

"BuckeyeKing wrote:

PSG I knew from the moment we settled for the punt we were going to lose. We have seen it happen way too many times to this team.

note the time that PSG started this thread.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 12, 2014, 08:34 PM

I can't put myself in your shoes. For me, saying that I'd stop being a Dolphins fan would be like saying that I'm no longer going to be a part of my family. Up and down (and down, and down) they're mine, forever.

I guess it depends on when you got on board. I became hardcore in 1990, when I was 13. From that point, for the next 14 years, the team was in the playoff hunt every season. Since those were my formative years, I grew up expecting that the team would always have a winning season.

Then before the 2004 season, Ricky "retired", and the team was suddenly crap. and has been since. How many teams can point to one moment where a long stretch of success turned into a long stretch of crap? I guess that I just long for the old days - which were never great, just above average - that I need to believe that they'll one day be back.

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2014, 08:48 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

note the time that PSG started this thread.

I said in the post exactly when I started it. Right after the 4 bad plays calls.
It as just a microcosm of the last 10 years.
And as I thought, I'm catching a lot of flack for the post. But I just explaining how...for some reason...I don't have passion I once had.
I didn't get upset when GB scored the winning TD...didn't scream...didn't throw anything...just shrugged shoulders. Like I knew it was coming.

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2014, 08:50 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

I can't put myself in your shoes. For me, saying that I'd stop being a Dolphins fan would be like saying that I'm no longer going to be a part of my family. Up and down (and down, and down) they're mine, forever.

I guess it depends on when you got on board. I became hardcore in 1990, when I was 13. From that point, for the next 14 years, the team was in the playoff hunt every season. Since those were my formative years, I grew up expecting that the team would always have a winning season.

Then before the 2004 season, Ricky "retired", and the team was suddenly crap. and has been since. How many teams can point to one moment where a long stretch of success turned into a long stretch of crap? I guess that I just long for the old days - which were never great, just above average - that I need to believe that they'll one day be back.

It's not even that I want to stop being a fan. But I hate this team for making me feel so...emotionless about the franchise. It sucks.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 12, 2014, 09:45 PM

"PSG wrote:

It's not even that I want to stop being a fan. But I hate this team for making me feel so...emotionless about the franchise. It sucks.

I hate the people, not the team. Hate Ross, if you want. I hate Philbin. I've hated plenty of coaches and players. They're all just the current stewards of the Aqua and Orange. They'll all be replaced, sooner or later.