New TV Shows Out Right Now

952 replies

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Jul 15, 2018, 11:11 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

They're just not the type of things that interest me, or I get into. I totally get that a lot of people love that kind of thing these days and its become very popular, but crime drama just isn't for me.

I used to love crime drama, but my free time to watch TV has shrunk by at least half over the years. eliminating crime drama was easy. not willing to give up superhero or scifi.

testing

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Jul 16, 2018, 02:04 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

They're just not the type of things that interest me, or I get into. I totally get that a lot of people love that kind of thing these days and its become very popular, but crime drama just isn't for me.

You have to watch Stranger Things. Mind hunters is awesome too.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jul 25, 2018, 10:27 PM

Yellowstone is outstanding. Reminds me of an upscale familial version of Banshee.

Condor is a good fun drama-thriller.

invidinvidSupporter
Jul 26, 2018, 08:41 PM

Recommend me docuseries.

I've seen The Jinx, Making of a Murderer, Evil Genius, Confession Tapes, Wild Country, the one about the nun who was murdered and they never found the murderer, The Staircase, etc. etc.

I'm dying for another, they're easily my favorite type of TV show.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jul 26, 2018, 09:24 PM

"invid wrote:

Recommend me docuseries.

I've seen The Jinx, Making of a Murderer, Evil Genius, Confession Tapes, Wild Country, the one about the nun who was murdered and they never found the murderer, The Staircase, etc. etc.

I'm dying for another, they're easily my favorite type of TV show.

What about stuff like Narcos, Waco, Mindhunter, Manhunt: Unabomber, American Crime Story, Trust, or Unsolved: the Murders of Tupac & Notorious B.I.G that aren't docuseries per say but are based on real people/events?

invidinvidSupporter
Jul 26, 2018, 10:04 PM

"ToddPhin wrote:

What about stuff like Narcos, Waco, Mindhunter, Manhunt: Unabomber, American Crime Story, Trust, or Unsolved: the Murders of Tupac & Notorious B.I.G that aren't docuseries per say but are based on real people/events?

Watched Mindhunter and loved it, can't wait for the next season. Tried all of the others, and they just don't capture me like the real docuseries do. I don't know why Mindhunter was the exception. I watched the documentaries on the Oklahoma City Bomber and the Ruby Ridge incident, also very enthralling. I also enjoyed Spotlight (not a documentary), but that's a year or two old now.

Todd, have you ever watched "The Lost Tapes"? I caught an episode on the Smithsonian channel or something. It's a show where all archival news footage explains the story of an episode in history. I caught the Son of Sam episode and it was fantastic, I could not peel away. Maybe I'll revisit that one to satisfy my jones.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jul 26, 2018, 10:29 PM

"invid wrote:

Watched Mindhunter and loved it, can't wait for the next season. Tried all of the others, and they just don't capture me like the real docuseries do. I don't know why Mindhunter was the exception. I watched the documentaries on the Oklahoma City Bomber and the Ruby Ridge incident, also very enthralling. I also enjoyed Spotlight (not a documentary), but that's a year or two old now.

Todd, have you ever watched "The Lost Tapes"? I caught an episode on the Smithsonian channel or something. It's a show where all archival news footage explains the story of an episode in history. I caught the Son of Sam episode and it was fantastic, I could not peel away. Maybe I'll revisit that one to satisfy my jones.

No I haven't. I'll have to check it sometime though after your endorsement. :up:

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 14, 2018, 02:33 AM

"ToddPhin wrote:

Yellowstone is outstanding. Reminds me of an upscale familial version of Banshee.

Condor is a good fun drama-thriller.

RE: Yellowstone...its ok but its definitely no Banshee. Banshee was one of the top 10 tv series of the last decade imo. They really need to bring that show back :pray:

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 14, 2018, 02:40 AM

Looks like we arent getting season 2 of the punisher til early 2019. But we may get season 4 of Narcos in a month or 2. Money Heist season 3 looks to be early 2019 as well and is now the most watched non english speaking show on Netflix passing Narcos.

Looks like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones reruns for another month.

Aug 14, 2018, 08:42 AM

Who Is America?

This is the best show out right now...this isn't up for debate, lol.

Yes, this idiot from the House of Representatives had to resign after this interview, lmao.

PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS


DON'T MESS WITH US!

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 16, 2018, 06:58 PM
DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Aug 17, 2018, 01:15 PM

I'm watching Sharp Objects and Venture Brothers. Both are awesome.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

invidinvidSupporter
Aug 23, 2018, 09:36 PM

"phinswolverinesrockets wrote:

Who Is America?

This is the best show out right now...this isn't up for debate, lol.

Yes, this idiot from the House of Representatives had to resign after this interview, lmao.

I love these types of comedies. Have you watched any, "Nathan For You", PWR? It's this same style, but in a marketing scenario. Nathan plays a master marketer that tries to flip the fortunes of businesses by suggesting ridiculous ideas. Hilarity ensues.

invidinvidSupporter
Aug 23, 2018, 09:38 PM

"ToddPhin wrote:

What about stuff like Narcos, Waco, Mindhunter, Manhunt: Unabomber, American Crime Story, Trust, or Unsolved: the Murders of Tupac & Notorious B.I.G that aren't docuseries per say but are based on real people/events?

I watched the first couple episodes of "I Am A Killer" on Netflix. Pretty engaging, if just a little dry so far.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Aug 23, 2018, 09:51 PM

"invid wrote:

I love these types of comedies. Have you watched any, "Nathan For You", PWR? It's this same style, but in a marketing scenario. Nathan plays a master marketer that tries to flip the fortunes of businesses by suggesting ridiculous ideas. Hilarity ensues.

Thanks for the head’s up. I’ll have to check it out.

Aug 24, 2018, 08:03 AM

"invid wrote:

I love these types of comedies. Have you watched any, "Nathan For You", PWR? It's this same style, but in a marketing scenario. Nathan plays a master marketer that tries to flip the fortunes of businesses by suggesting ridiculous ideas. Hilarity ensues.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have not seen that show yet, but after reading this I just watched a few youtube clips of it. It seems right up my alley. I, too, love this type of comedy. Sascha Baron Cohen (Borat, Bruno, Ali G, Who Is America) may be the greatest troll comedian of all time. Hell, he is in my personal top 5 comedians, period.

PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS


DON'T MESS WITH US!

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Aug 24, 2018, 09:34 AM

I got turned on to a show that's been out for a few years on the History Channel. It's not for everyone, but I do a lot of backpacking/hiking/camping so it's right up my alley.

The show is called Alone. I just finished season 3. Basically, it's a reality show, without any of the scripted "reality". The premise is, 10 people are literally dropped off in the middle of nowhere with 10 items of their choosing plus a medical kit and lifejacket provided by the show. They are given camera equipment, gopro's etc...and film all their own daily activities. However, these are people that have to prove themselves to be true survivalists. They go through a "boot camp" type scenario where 20+ people are chosen to show the experts on the show that they can hunt, make fire, build traps, build shelters, etc etc...This is no Survivor. This is a grueling, sometimes painful show to watch, and it's 100% real with no added drama. Some of these people literally starve themselves to near death and don't give up. They are dropped off in places like Patagonia and the wilderness of Vancouver. And, and this is the kicker, they are all alone. They are separated and because they are filming themselves, they are truly all alone.

Anyhow, and like I mentioned before, I like to be outdoors so I have an interest in what these people are doing. I was lucky enough to attend SERE training while in the Marine Corps, and I have to admit, these people are equaling or bettering the training I had. (In regards to the survival parts...not the evasion, resist, and escape part.) However, I think even if you hate everything about the outdoors most people would find this show fascinating.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Aug 24, 2018, 10:48 AM

"danmarino wrote:

I got turned on to a show that's been out for a few years on the History Channel. It's not for everyone, but I do a lot of backpacking/hiking/camping so it's right up my alley.

The show is called Alone. I just finished season 3. Basically, it's a reality show, without any of the scripted "reality". The premise is, 10 people are literally dropped off in the middle of nowhere with 10 items of their choosing plus a medical kit and lifejacket provided by the show. They are given camera equipment, gopro's etc...and film all their own daily activities. However, these are people that have to prove themselves to be true survivalists. They go through a "boot camp" type scenario where 20+ people are chosen to show the experts on the show that they can hunt, make fire, build traps, build shelters, etc etc...This is no Survivor. This is a grueling, sometimes painful show to watch, and it's 100% real with no added drama. Some of these people literally starve themselves to near death and don't give up. They are dropped off in places like Patagonia and the wilderness of Vancouver. And, and this is the kicker, they are all alone. They are separated and because they are filming themselves, they are truly all alone.

Anyhow, and like I mentioned before, I like to be outdoors so I have an interest in what these people are doing. I was lucky enough to attend SERE training while in the Marine Corps, and I have to admit, these people are equaling or bettering the training I had. (In regards to the survival parts...not the evasion, resist, and escape part.) However, I think even if you hate everything about the outdoors most people would find this show fascinating.

I'm going to totally check that out. I love these survivalist shows and I hadn't heard of this one. And I watch the History channel from time to time, so they must do a poor job of promoting it on their own channel. The Curse of Oak Island intrigues the hell out of me. And I need to get going on Vikings, heard that is great.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Aug 24, 2018, 10:50 AM

So I know someone working on True Detective Season 3. If you loved S1 and wasn't impressed with S2... you're gonna love S3. You've been warned.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Aug 24, 2018, 11:27 AM

"Paul 13 wrote:

I'm going to totally check that out. I love these survivalist shows and I hadn't heard of this one. And I watch the History channel from time to time, so they must do a poor job of promoting it on their own channel. The Curse of Oak Island intrigues the hell out of me. And I need to get going on Vikings, heard that is great.

I had not heard of it either. I was actually on YouTube looking for reviews of some backpacking gear and I saw a channel from a guy talking about how to build a fire and keep it going for 50 straight days. I watched it and in the video he mentioned that this was what he did on the show Alone. He seemed like a really likeable guy and I was curious so I looked up the show on Hulu. It's a great show.

Here is the before and after photos of one of the contestants:

[ATTACH:full]
[ATTACH:full]

Dude lost like 35% of his body weight.

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Aug 27, 2018, 04:43 AM

"danmarino wrote:

I got turned on to a show that's been out for a few years on the History Channel. It's not for everyone, but I do a lot of backpacking/hiking/camping so it's right up my alley.

The show is called Alone. I just finished season 3. Basically, it's a reality show, without any of the scripted "reality". The premise is, 10 people are literally dropped off in the middle of nowhere with 10 items of their choosing plus a medical kit and lifejacket provided by the show. They are given camera equipment, gopro's etc...and film all their own daily activities. However, these are people that have to prove themselves to be true survivalists. They go through a "boot camp" type scenario where 20+ people are chosen to show the experts on the show that they can hunt, make fire, build traps, build shelters, etc etc...This is no Survivor. This is a grueling, sometimes painful show to watch, and it's 100% real with no added drama. Some of these people literally starve themselves to near death and don't give up. They are dropped off in places like Patagonia and the wilderness of Vancouver. And, and this is the kicker, they are all alone. They are separated and because they are filming themselves, they are truly all alone.

Anyhow, and like I mentioned before, I like to be outdoors so I have an interest in what these people are doing. I was lucky enough to attend SERE training while in the Marine Corps, and I have to admit, these people are equaling or bettering the training I had. (In regards to the survival parts...not the evasion, resist, and escape part.) However, I think even if you hate everything about the outdoors most people would find this show fascinating.

I watched the seasons where it was based on Vancouver Island as I have lived there and spend parts of the year there. Been to the area where they filmed it quite a bit, and it is as depicted.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Aug 27, 2018, 11:32 AM

"danmarino wrote:

I had not heard of it either. I was actually on YouTube looking for reviews of some backpacking gear and I saw a channel from a guy talking about how to build a fire and keep it going for 50 straight days. I watched it and in the video he mentioned that this was what he did on the show Alone. He seemed like a really likeable guy and I was curious so I looked up the show on Hulu. It's a great show.

Here is the before and after photos of one of the contestants:

[ATTACH:full]
[ATTACH:full]

Dude lost like 35% of his body weight.

not a doctor, but it's not healthy to lose that much weight that quickly. damaging some organs there.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Aug 27, 2018, 02:44 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

not a doctor, but it's not healthy to lose that much weight that quickly. damaging some organs there.

True. This guy said it took him about 6 months to get back to feeling normal again.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Aug 31, 2018, 09:32 PM

Burned through 6 or 7 episodes of Jack Ryan. Meeting expectations thus far.

Aug 31, 2018, 11:39 PM

"Ozark" Season 2 is out today on Netflix. Im going to be binge watching it this week. I really liked Season 1.

PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS


DON'T MESS WITH US!