Nintendo Switch discussion

206 replies

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 20, 2016, 04:36 PM

"mor911 wrote:

I think if it's pushing XB1 looking games, there's no way it gets 12 hours. if it manages 8 i think it'd be a super accomplishment.

The Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 gets 10 hours of battery life. Get rid of the crappy Android OS and optimize the hardware, 12 hours should be doable.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Oct 20, 2016, 04:40 PM

yeaaaaahhhhhh but that thing hardly pushes current gen AAA games. I dont think that's a fair comparison. Plus real-world reviews clocks that battery closer to 6 hours under load.

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 20, 2016, 04:41 PM

"mor911 wrote:

yeaaaaahhhhhh but that thing hardly pushes current gen AAA games. I dont think that's a fair comparison. Plus real-world reviews clocks that battery closer to 6 hours under load.

Is that the Shield K1 or the previous gen Shield? I know the previous gen was pretty mediocre on the battery life.

We'll have to just wait and see. I don't think Nintendo would be playing up the portable aspect if they didn't have good battery life.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Oct 20, 2016, 04:58 PM

"Desides wrote:

Is that the Shield K1 or the previous gen Shield? I know the previous gen was pretty mediocre on the battery life.

We'll have to just wait and see. I don't think Nintendo would be playing up the portable aspect if they didn't have good battery life.

Honestly not sure. Can look when I get home. I just know that hitting 10 hours with high end graphics is kind of the holy grail of mobile batteries. If they do it, I'd be super impressed. But I'd be impressed with console-level graphics at 8 hours. Realistically, any battery that can get you across a coast-to-coast flight is a win.

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 20, 2016, 05:17 PM

It shouldn't be hard for a 720p display to get 10 hours of battery life on an Nvidia mobile SOC.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Oct 20, 2016, 05:26 PM

"Desides wrote:

It shouldn't be hard for a 720p display to get 10 hours of battery life on an Nvidia mobile SOC.

i think 720p would be a damn travesty lol

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 20, 2016, 08:01 PM

"mor911 wrote:

i think 720p would be a damn travesty lol

Well, prepare yourself for a travesty, because the screen has been rumored to be 720p, and I don't see why it wouldn't. 1080p when docked, 720p on mobile, makes sense to me.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 20, 2016, 08:08 PM

Gotta love nintendo's balls. Consistently they do what no other dares and truly innovates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 20, 2016, 08:59 PM

I'm not sure how purely innovative it is. It's the intersection of the Wii U's controller, Nintendo's portable business, and small size tablets. But it's a logical intersection and it resulted in what can be a really good console.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 20, 2016, 09:43 PM

I'm just looking at all of this as an outside, curious observer. I'll admit that I really don't get it, but I'm an old man, and not the target audience, lol. :lol:

Its all....very strange. Those controllers look practically unusable, aside from the Pro. But that said, I'm glad that there's something different out there for the people who want it.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 20, 2016, 11:38 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

I'm just looking at all of this as an outside, curious observer. I'll admit that I really don't get it, but I'm an old man, and not the target audience, lol. :lol:

You absolutely are the target audience. Nintendo markets their stuff to anyone with a wallet. Especially parents.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

invidinvidSupporter
Oct 20, 2016, 11:38 PM

Monster Hunter 5 on this and Nintendo has my money (it probably has it anyways). I went without one generation (Wii U) and miss my Nintendo games. Now these games are probably going to be rereleased on a more realized and unique console, so perhaps patience paid off?

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 20, 2016, 11:45 PM

"Desides wrote:

You absolutely are the target audience. Nintendo markets their stuff to anyone with a wallet. Especially parents.

My 5 year old is learning the ways of the Dual Shock :up:

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 21, 2016, 12:18 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

My 5 year old is learning the ways of the Dual Shock :up:

And more commonly, the touch screen. Dual analog is on the Switch as well. You are absolutely in the target demo.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Oct 26, 2016, 10:13 PM

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 26, 2016, 10:28 PM

"Desides wrote:

And more commonly, the touch screen. Dual analog is on the Switch as well. You are absolutely in the target demo.

The kids certainly are adept with the touch screen. My two year old does better on my cell phone than I do. Its all very intuitive for them. They can take the dual shock from me when they pry it from my cold, dead hands :lol:

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Nov 1, 2016, 10:24 PM

Nintendo is ending Wii U production this week. Presumably they'll sell through the remaining stock and then that's that.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 1, 2016, 10:36 PM

"Desides wrote:

Nintendo is ending Wii U production this week. Presumably they'll sell through the remaining stock and then that's that.

Wow, that was fast! Four years after release and its gone. Do they not have the factory ability to make both systems at the same time? Sony built the PS2 for 11 years, and you still see them in stores. They've been building PS3's for 11 years now. I see that the Wii U is still going for full price most places. My wife and I bought our Wii back in 2011, I guess five years after it came out, for $90 new.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Nov 2, 2016, 10:07 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Wow, that was fast! Four years after release and its gone. Do they not have the factory ability to make both systems at the same time? Sony built the PS2 for 11 years, and you still see them in stores. They've been building PS3's for 11 years now. I see that the Wii U is still going for full price most places. My wife and I bought our Wii back in 2011, I guess five years after it came out, for $90 new.

They're moving full production over to the Switch. I doubt there's going to be much of a Wii U market left in 2017.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Nov 21, 2016, 12:04 PM

Breath of the Wild is supposedly a June 2017 release.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Nov 21, 2016, 12:07 PM

yeah looks like Zelda is delayed (maybe it was never confirmed for March, but I really thought it was).

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Nov 21, 2016, 12:16 PM

March was informed speculation based on Nintendo saying it would be out in time for the series' 30th anniversary fiscal year. March 2017 is the end of the 30th anniversary fiscal year, and is also the supposed launch date of the Switch for the same reason ("it'll be out this fiscal year.") So, put one and one together, you get a March 2017 launch date for the Switch with Zelda as a launch title. Looks like that isn't the case now, though.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Nov 22, 2016, 12:35 PM

There's also rumors of the Switch being sub $250 -- Seems highly unlikely to me... But I would like that a whole lot.

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Nov 22, 2016, 01:30 PM

"mor911 wrote:

There's also rumors of the Switch being sub $250 -- Seems highly unlikely to me... But I would like that a whole lot.

Would make sense if it is supposed to fill the handheld and console market for Nintendo.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Nov 22, 2016, 01:32 PM

Their messaging seems to indicate its not supposed to fill the mobile games roll. They even refer to it as the Nintendo Switch Home Gaming Console. The only reason I can think for that is the battery isn't where people need it to be for it to be their mobile console.

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said