Official Blu-Ray thread
135 replies
"BuckeyeKing wrote:
I guess I'm not use to it I mean the quality is mind blowing but when their moving it just looks a little funky.
Do you have a 120hz HDTV? Could be that. I know movies can look funky when you have anything like Motionflow on it.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

"Regan21286 wrote:
Do you have a 120hz HDTV? Could be that. I know movies can look funky when you have anything like Motionflow on it.
Yea, because it "creates" a transition picture between the frames. It is supposed to stop the blurring of moving objects that wasn't uncommon to many LCD's, but I have heard a good handful of complaints that people can't watch with it on (motionflow that is and its counterparts).
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
Yea, because it "creates" a transition picture between the frames. It is supposed to stop the blurring of moving objects that wasn't uncommon to many LCD's, but I have heard a good handful of complaints that people can't watch with it on (motionflow that is and its counterparts).
Yea I know, looked it up out of boredom once. I kinda like it for sports though. Just not movies. Sony's I found was especially stronger than others like Sharp or Samsung.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

"Regan21286 wrote:
Do you have a 120hz HDTV? Could be that. I know movies can look funky when you have anything like Motionflow on it.
It was at Best buy. Im not sure of the Specs.
"BuckeyeKing wrote:
It was at Best buy. Im not sure of the Specs.
Probably Motionflow or a similar one then since most models carry it now.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Well here is my current Blu & Red collection, if anyone has any questions about specific titles, I can give you my opinion on them. The hd-dvd version is usually the same as the blu-ray for the most part.
Blu-ray: 99
3:10 to Yuma
21
1408
Appleseed Ex-Machina
Bank Job, the
Dark Knight, the
Before the Devil Knows Your Dead
Black Hawk Down
Blazing Saddles
Casino Royale (initial release)
Chain Reaction
Corpse Bride, the
Crank
Curse of the Golden Flower
Deja Vu
Die Hard Collection
Dirty Harry Collection
Dodgeball
Enter the Dragon
Fifth Element
Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within
Forbidden Kingdom
Forgetting Sara Marshall
Gangs of New York
Ghost Rider
The Godfather Trilogy
Gone Baby Gone
Good Night and Good Luck
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle
Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
Hellboy II
Hitman
House of Flying Daggers
Incredible Hulk
the Invisible
I, Robot
Iron Man
Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2
Kingdom of Heaven
Kung Fu Panda
the Lookout
Meet the Robinsons
Memento
Michael Clayton
National Treasure 1 and 2
No Country for Old Men
Pan's Labyrinth
Payback
Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy
Rambo 1-4
the Rock
Shinobi
Shoot 'Em Up
Simpsons Movie
Sleeping Beauty
Spider-Man Trilogy
Stargate
Star Wars: the clone Wars
Step Brothers
Superbad
Street Kings
Super Troopers
SWAT
There Will Be Blood
the Tiger Blade
Total Recall
Traitor
Transformers (1984 cartoon)
Transporter 1 & 2 (have the uncut french editions as well)
Tropic Thunder
the Untouchables
Vantage Point
Walk Hard
Wall-E
War
Warriors of Heaven and Earth
We Own the Night
HD-DVD: 89
12 Monkeys
16 Block
40 Year old Virgin
300
2001: A Space Odyssey
Alexander Revisited
American Gangster
Anchorman
Army of Darkness
A Scanner Darkly
Babel
Batman Begins
the Big Lebowski
Billy Madison
Black Snake Moan
Blade Runner
Blood Diamond
Bone Collector, the
Bourne Trilogy
Breach
Casino
Children of Men
Coming to America
Constantine
Departed, the
Derailed (Unrated)
Disturbia
Eastern Promises
End of Days
Fast and the Furious trilogy
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Fearless
Fletch
Good Fellas
Good Shepard, the
Happy Gilmore
Harry Potter 1-5
Harsh Times
Hot Fuzz
Hot Rod
Hulk
I Am Legend
the Hurricane
I now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Inside Man
the Jerk
the Kingdom
Knocked Up
Last Samurai
Lucky number Slevin
Matrix Trilogy
Mercury Rising
Miami Vice
Mission Impossible I-III
the Mummy
the Mummy Returns
Ocean's Eleven - Thirteen
Old School
the Rundown
Serenity
Shaun of the Dead
Shooter
Slleepy Hollow
Smokin' Aces
Spy Game
Swordfish
Trading Places
Traffic
Training Day
Transformers
Unleashed
V for Vendetta
Zodiac
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
Well here is my current Blu & Red collection, if anyone has any questions about specific titles, I can give you my opinion on them. The hd-dvd version is usually the same as the blu-ray for the most part.
Blu-ray: 99
3:10 to Yuma
21
1408
Appleseed Ex-Machina
Bank Job, the
Dark Knight, the
Before the Devil Knows Your Dead
Black Hawk Down
Blazing Saddles
Casino Royale (initial release)
Chain Reaction
Corpse Bride, the
Crank
Curse of the Golden Flower
Deja Vu
Die Hard Collection
Dirty Harry Collection
Dodgeball
Enter the Dragon
Fifth Element
Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within
Forbidden Kingdom
Forgetting Sara Marshall
Gangs of New York
Ghost Rider
The Godfather Trilogy
Gone Baby Gone
Good Night and Good Luck
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle
Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
Hellboy II
Hitman
House of Flying Daggers
Incredible Hulk
the Invisible
I, Robot
Iron Man
Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2
Kingdom of Heaven
Kung Fu Panda
the Lookout
Meet the Robinsons
Memento
Michael Clayton
National Treasure 1 and 2
No Country for Old Men
Pan's Labyrinth
Payback
Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy
Rambo 1-4
the Rock
Shinobi
Shoot 'Em Up
Simpsons Movie
Sleeping Beauty
Spider-Man Trilogy
Stargate
Star Wars: the clone Wars
Step Brothers
Superbad
Street Kings
Super Troopers
SWAT
There Will Be Blood
the Tiger Blade
Total Recall
Traitor
Transformers (1984 cartoon)
Transporter 1 & 2 (have the uncut french editions as well)
Tropic Thunder
the Untouchables
Vantage Point
Walk Hard
Wall-E
War
Warriors of Heaven and Earth
We Own the NightHD-DVD: 89
12 Monkeys
16 Block
40 Year old Virgin
300
2001: A Space Odyssey
Alexander Revisited
American Gangster
Anchorman
Army of Darkness
A Scanner Darkly
Babel
Batman Begins
the Big Lebowski
Billy Madison
Black Snake Moan
Blade Runner
Blood Diamond
Bone Collector, the
Bourne Trilogy
Breach
Casino
Children of Men
Coming to America
Constantine
Departed, the
Derailed (Unrated)
Disturbia
Eastern Promises
End of Days
Fast and the Furious trilogy
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Fearless
Fletch
Good Fellas
Good Shepard, the
Happy Gilmore
Harry Potter 1-5
Harsh Times
Hot Fuzz
Hot Rod
Hulk
I Am Legend
the Hurricane
I now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Inside Man
the Jerk
the Kingdom
Knocked Up
Last Samurai
Lucky number Slevin
Matrix Trilogy
Mercury Rising
Miami Vice
Mission Impossible I-III
the Mummy
the Mummy Returns
Ocean's Eleven - Thirteen
Old School
the Rundown
Serenity
Shaun of the Dead
Shooter
Slleepy Hollow
Smokin' Aces
Spy Game
Swordfish
Trading Places
Traffic
Training Day
Transformers
Unleashed
V for Vendetta
Zodiac
I dare you to put all of them in your car at once and leave it there overnight. :shifty:
And we need to get you out of the house more....:pity:
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39


Tech specs will see a BD-50 dual-layer presentation with 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video (2.40:1) and a English DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround track.
Extras include a raft of making of featurettes ("Bond on Location," "Start of Shooting," "On Location," "Olga Kurylenko and the Boat Chase," "Director Marc Forster," "The Music," "Crew Files"), the "Another Way to Die" music video, and the theatrical trailer.
Wow, skimping on the extras there and does that horrible song really need a music video? I smell a 2nd special edition release about the time the 3rd comes out.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Yea, I am waiting at least for a better price. I got screwed edition-wise with the previous one.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
And I want to know why Canada and Europe get sweet steel-book editions of various movies and we don't?
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
Yea, I am waiting at least for a better price. I got screwed edition-wise with the previous one.
Precisely. The later one really should've been the only one.
"Stitches wrote:
And I want to know why Canada and Europe get sweet steel-book editions of various movies and we don't?
Never really concerned me much but I'm hoping Blu-Ray doesn't follow DVD's pattern of less and less special features. I remember a time DVDs came out with 2-3 discs off the bat for the same prices as today's 1 disc 0 feature versions.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

"Regan21286 wrote:
Precisely. The later one really should've been the only one.
Never really concerned me much but I'm hoping Blu-Ray doesn't follow DVD's pattern of less and less special features. I remember a time DVDs came out with 2-3 discs off the bat for the same prices as today's 1 disc 0 feature versions.
Not saying it won't happen, but it shouldn't.
If it does, a movie should only cost like $10 (in which case I would be fine with is).
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
Not saying it won't happen, but it shouldn't.
If it does, a movie should only cost like $10 (in which case I would be fine with is).
Yea, though studios are charging $15 for a single disc these days. $15 could've gotten me the 2-disc special edition which is now around $20-25
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Well one of the selling points of blu is the full featured nature of the discs, so they should never cut down what they have now.
Now, I have no problem with there being two editions like the I Am Legend box, and the normal version. However, I wish they would come out with both at the same time as I hate double-dipping.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
Well one of the selling points of blu is the full featured nature of the discs, so they should never cut down what they have now.
Now, I have no problem with there being two editions like the I Am Legend box, and the normal version. However, I wish they would come out with both at the same time as I hate double-dipping.
Wouldn't be surprised if they did down the line. A couple out there are already skimpy to begin with (ID4).
I hate double-dipping too but unfortunately it's a great industry tactic. I just know they'll do the same for the LOTR trilogy.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

I don't think i can buy the LOTR trilogy until the EE's come out for that very reason.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
I don't think i can buy the LOTR trilogy until the EE's come out for that very reason.
We both know you'll get it anyways. :tongue2:
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

"Regan21286 wrote:
We both know you'll get it anyways. :tongue2:
Shut up! :lol:
I think I have one movie with very minimal features (maybe not, but I certainly haven't watched any if it has them) and that is the Transformers movie(1984 animated).
I didn't pay a lot for it though, so I am ok with the lack of features.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
And I want to know why Canada and Europe get sweet steel-book editions of various movies and we don't?
We get some, just usually a Sun Coast exclusive. Canada does gets way more though :pity:
Here's my current collection of Blu-Ray's and HD-DVD's. Hopefully I got all of them. I might have "permanently" loaned a few out. Not as comprehensive as Stitches's but then again, most Best Buys aren't either. :lol:
Blu-Ray
5 free Blu-Rays PS3 promotion: Deja Vu (wanted Italian Job), Phantom of the Opera, Stealth, Kiss of the Dragon, Pearl Harbor
2001: A Space Odyssey
The Aviator
Batman Begins
The Best of Blu-ray Action (Troy, Blood Diamond, Wyatt Earp, Alexander Revisited)
Black Hawk Down
Blade Runner
Casablanca
Casino Royale (Initial and Collector's Editions)
Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Dark Knight
Die Hard Collection
Enter the Dragon
Fifth Element (Re-mastered version)
Forbidden Kingdom (Taiwan import)
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Flyboys
Gangs of New York
Grey's Anatomy: The Complete Fourth Season
The Godfather Trilogy
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle
Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
House of Flying Daggers
Incredible Hulk
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I, Robot
Iron Man
James Bond 10 Disc Blu-Ray Collection (Costco)
Jet Li's Fearless
Kingdom of Heaven
Lost: The Complete Fourth Season
National Treasure 1 and 2
Ocean's Trilogy
Pineapple Express
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
Planet Earth
Ratatouille
The Rock
Shoot 'Em Up
Simpsons Movie
Spider-Man Trilogy
Star Wars: the clone Wars
Superbad
SWAT
Talladega Nights (came with the PS3)
Transformers
Tropic Thunder
Wall-E 3 disc
HD-DVD:
5 free HD-DVD's with 360 add-on: Apollo 13, Constantine (picked Casablanca but they were out), Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Blazing Saddles, U-571
40 Year old Virgin
300
American Gangster
Anchorman
Babel
Bourne Trilogy
Breach
Clerks II
The Departed
Heroes: Season 1
The Kingdom
King Kong (with add-on)
Knocked Up
Last Samurai
Matrix Trilogy
Miami Vice
the Mummy
the Mummy Returns
Old School
Smokin' Aces
Superman Returns (Combo Edition)
Swordfish
Top Gun
Transformers
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Star Trek to Blu-Ray
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2332
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
As originally reported back in November on The Digital Bits, Star Trek I-VI will be released on Blu-ray in the U.S. in May in a 6-film "Kirk/Spock" box set, each with remastered picture and sound. This set will include Star Trek V here in the States, though other regions may offer different disc configurations/packaging options. Star Trek I, II and VI will each be the original theatrical versions. (If I'm not mistaken, this would mark the first time that The Undiscovered Country has EVER been available on home video in its theatrical version - even on VHS - and the first time that The Motion Picture has been available in its theatrical version since its VHS and Laserdisc release. Note that we also expect the remaining Next Generation films to be released in a 4-film Blu-ray box set at a later date.) At least some new extras have been created for this release, including "famous fan" commentary tracks for each film, as well as a featurette offering select scenes from a Klingon performance of Hamlet by the Commedia Beauregard (filmed in St. Paul, Minnesota - see the group's original press release and this previous report at Trek Movie). It's unknown yet whether these will be BD-exclusive, or if there will be a simultaneous standard DVD release. What's more, we've learned that CBS will finally release Star Trek: The Original Series - Season One on Blu-ray on the same street date in May as the movies. The release is currently planned to include BOTH the original broadcast versions as well as the new Remastered versions of each episode. If this happens as planned, it's obviously very cool news, though we're still waiting to hear whether the Blu-rays will include all of the special features that were offered with the previous DVD and HD-DVD/DVD Combo releases of the series.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Blu-Ray Sales Developing Nicely
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Blu-Ray_Sales_Developing_Nicely/2425
The Blu-ray Disc player industry is seeing increased sales over the past two and a half years. Since the technology was unveiled, 10.7 million players (including Playstation 3s) have been shipped to retail stores across the US. The 2008 sales have increased three-fold compared to 2007 estimates.
According to Adams Media Research, the household penetration for Blu-ray Disc players is 8% after slightly less than three years on the market. Compare this to the three-year estimates of about 3% for Color TV, 2% for CDs and 4% for DVDs, and Blu-rays are looking to be a rapidly growing industry.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

My French Transporter 1 & 2 came in the other day, and the Video is Mpeg 4 as opposed to the Mpeg 2 we got here. The run time is even in T2 (supposed to be uncut) but T1 is like 3 mins shorter than the US version. Audio of the french is supposed to be better but both appear to be 5.1 DTS-MA. We'll see though.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Regan21286 wrote:
Star Trek to Blu-Ray
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2332
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
:thumbup::clap::favre::w00t::hammertime:
"Stitches wrote:
And I want to know why Canada and Europe get sweet steel-book editions of various movies and we don't?
I know right. The wanted steel-book looked real good. FYE though has some decent ones, Transformers to name one.
