*Official Dolphins vs Browns Gameday Thread*

969 replies

padre31padre31Luxury BoxOP
Dec 4, 2010, 10:19 PM

Place: Sun Life Stadium

Time: 1:00pm

6-5 Dolphins v 4-7 Browns

Injuries:

Dolphins: Channing Crowder, Al Harris likely out

Browns: Scott Fujita out

Weather: 79 degrees, gusty

Latest line: Dolphins -5

Announcers: Dan Dierdorf and Greg Gumbel

Names to watch for:

Browns:

Joe Haden (R) had a streak of 4 games with an intercption
Marcus Bernard leads Rob Ryan's defense with 6.5 sacks
Peyton Hillis has 1,300 combined yds rushing and receiving.
Matt Roth on his first trip back to Miami.

Dolphins:

Defense overall, it has created 2 turnovers in each of the last 3 games
Chad Henne: roughly 600 yds passing 3 Td's 2 int's in his last two games
Brandon Marshall is expected to play with a gimpy hammy.
Nolan Carroll vs Browns ST unit, they have the best Kick coverage in the NFL but oddly enough, the Browns also have the lowest kick return avg in the NFL.

BTW 940 winz is streaming game coverage live if there are no other options available.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Dec 4, 2010, 10:30 PM

Hoping for another solid game from Henne

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Dec 4, 2010, 10:32 PM

I expect Wake to force Delhomme into retirement.

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Dec 4, 2010, 10:35 PM

I hope our defenders can catch the ball tomorrow because they'll definitely have passes thrown to them.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 4, 2010, 10:48 PM

Fellas, I'm not sure how I feel about this one, we parallel the Browns and that normally means a tight game, but then again, is Henne's resurgence reality, or a mirage?

We also have to banish some ghosts from Sunlife Stadium, sounds weird, just think we need to come out tomorrow and steam roll and do not stop steam rolling.

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Dec 5, 2010, 12:06 AM

Time for a Brown out.....

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Dec 5, 2010, 12:18 AM

I love us in this game, hopefully Coach has got his pulse on the home situation, I think he gets it, he will not let them come out flat no matter if the place is only 3/4 full, and coming out flat imo, is the only way we lose, not gonna happen, coach dont want that kinda heat know what iam sayin...Pod, iam gonna miss it until hopefully later in the week, so iam gonna need a nice full report buddy. ..

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Dec 5, 2010, 03:47 AM

Wow... game threads earlier and earlier. Is it too early for me to start the Dolphins v. Jets gameday thread? lol.

Agree that this is a tightly-balanced matchup... except we are lucky Delhomme is starting. He is an INT machine.

- to win the Dolphins DBs MUST show up with their hands. Delhomme will put a couple up for grabs. We must come down with them.

- We all know Peyton Hillis is badass. I traded for him in my Madden league a year ago already. Now the rest of the world knows too, this guy is a beast. Csonka redux. I am VERY concerned about our front handling Hillis with Crowder out. dobbins may look good when hitting things in a small space of responsibility, but once he needs to move more than ten feet laterally you are in deep ****. Dobbins could be a major issue several times. If I were the Browns I'd victimize Dobbins in coverage, AND run trap, stretch and off-tackle plays to his side.... Dansby's side is not a great option since Dansby can get out to the sideline, but on Dobbins' side you can either catch Misi inside with a trap block, or if Wake is on that side with Dobbins you can split them easily since Wake tends to take a wide rush. Either way, make Dobbins slide laterally and then Hillis can outpace him or cut back on him. Passes to hillis out of the backfield, or Watson on short routes against Dobbins would absolutely destroy Dobbins. Cribbs wildcat (if he plays) wide to Dobbins side, another issue as the blockers will only have the OLB to block since Dobbins won't get to the perimeter in time to be a factor. Another thing, Dobbins is so aggressive, the playaction could leave the TE wide oepn behind him when he bites. Yeah, Dobbins concerns me.

- guarantee you Rex Ryan gave his brother all the advice he could to help the Browns beat us.

- most important thing is, Delhomme starting helps us. Strange to think, we're better off facing the Superbowl QB than the rookie, McCoy, but it's true.

- Henne has had two good performances in a row... the offense is in a great flow.. and now we reinsert Marshall into the mix. Marshall, simply by being great, demands playcalls designed to get the ball to him. That could mess with the flow our offense was beginning to establish. I still haven;t seen great chemistry between Marshall and Henne, so I'll be watching. I have a bad feeling our offense could take a step BACK again with Marshall in the mix. He is a better player than our other WRs, sure, but maybe a wrench in the gears of how our offense functions smoothest? I want to be totally wrong on that. C'mon Brandon, catch two TDs and block for Ronnie and Ricky to rush for one TD apiece and I'll be happy. lol.

- As always, how does Henning call the game. Does Sparano stay heavily involved, as he seemed to be in Oakland (with great results). Does Henne continue to be vocal about what he wants called. Let's hope so.

- Does Cleveland play a LOT moe zone coverage than man. Oakland lost, in large part, because the coaches played man coverage versus Chad Henne and Henne is much better at defeating man than zone. Will Mangini and company be smarter than that? I expect so. How will henne look against a predominantly zone look? This will be a great chance to see if Henne is improving and progressing.

Overall, i have no clue who wins. Clearly, if we don;t we are not in the playoff hunt (we really aren;t anyways, but it'd be official). Then it'd be time to start assessing players for next season.

Boy, I hope we win. It's too soon to stop caring about the results of football games til next season.

mrozmrozSupporter
Dec 5, 2010, 05:08 AM

"Bpk wrote:

Wow... game threads earlier and earlier. Is it too early for me to start the Dolphins v. Jets gameday thread? lol.


I am just waiting for the weather report so that I can start the official Dolphins vs Pats thread... :)

RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18

jupiterfinjupiterfinForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2010, 07:24 AM

"padre31 wrote:

Fellas, I'm not sure how I feel about this one, we parallel the Browns and that normally means a tight game, but then again, is Henne's resurgence reality, or a mirage?

We also have to banish some ghosts from Sunlife Stadium, sounds weird, just think we need to come out tomorrow and steam roll and do not stop steam rolling.

Henne's resurgence, because I'm a fan of the Phins, is real. He's had a fire lit under his ass and he's playing with passion.

See ya at the game padre.

TiP54TiP54New Member
Dec 5, 2010, 08:31 AM

Defense created 2 turnovers vs bears?

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Dec 5, 2010, 08:59 AM

Henne Powers needs to impose his will.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Dec 5, 2010, 09:13 AM

Gotta love gameday. I think this one is one the phins should win. I think it's going to be closer than many expect, but I think we should be able to get the W. I'll be majorly disappointed if we dont. Time for breakfast, a workout, laundry then gametime!

Go Phins!


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

Irish Phin FanIrish Phin FanNew Member
Dec 5, 2010, 10:10 AM

Living in Cleveland will be tough for me today as it is me vs. all my family and friends. However, Today.................... we win!!!!!

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2010, 10:38 AM

"Irish Phin Fan wrote:

Living in Cleveland will be tough for me today as it is me vs. all my family and friends. However, Today.................... we win!!!!!


You don't have to say a word just print out troll face guy and tape it to your shirt...It's the implied FU without the annoying yelling that will ensue.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2010, 10:48 AM

It would be nice to be 2 games above .500 again...

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2010, 10:57 AM

Btw, I just saw that Hillis only has 1 100+ rushing game on the road this year and that was at Baltimore whose run defense is very shoddy.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 5, 2010, 11:00 AM

"Mari0k wrote:

Defense created 2 turnovers vs bears?

Sapp had an int and iirc there was a fumble recovered(?)

RickyBobbyRickyBobbyNew Member
Dec 5, 2010, 11:00 AM

Henne Powers to Thigpen: " Your out, Im ****ing in."

RGFRGFSupporter
Dec 5, 2010, 11:08 AM

27-16 ( remember that score).

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 5, 2010, 11:29 AM

MikeBerardino Mike Berardino
Bess, Hartline, Moore and Wallace are out warming up. No sign of Brandon Marshall yet, and he's usually an early arrival

Maybe no BM today?

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 5, 2010, 11:40 AM

Marshall is inactive for today, which is why I changed the picture..:D

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 5, 2010, 11:50 AM

ArmandoSalguero Armando Salguero
Brandon Marshall, Channing Crowder Al Harris, Matt Kopa, Eric Ghiaciuc, Ryan Baker, Chris Baker and Mickey Shuler inactive for Dolphins.

BM, Harris, Crowder, that is a lot of snaps that will have to be replaced by other guys.

And I guess I have the answer to whether or not Marshall should start today, Sparano has him shut down and OmarK mentioned on QAM that BM's hammy injury is worse than the one that ended his season in Denver last season.

rdhstlr23rdhstlr23Supporter
Dec 5, 2010, 11:56 AM

Not having Al Harris and Channing Crowder will hurt--along with Brandon Marshall.

ASasciiNew Member
Dec 5, 2010, 11:58 AM

"rdhstlr23 wrote:

Not having Al Harris and Channing Crowder will hurt--along with Brandon Marshall.


I like what Nolan has done on defense with players/formations. Not worried about Harris/Crowder being out. Marshall needed to stay out and get 100% for the Jets next week.