Paul Soliai a Top Ten NT, Starks, Langford & Merling Lights Out

12 replies

Finatic8480Finatic8480New MemberOP
Oct 18, 2009, 01:52 AM

Yeap according to this site, Soliai is doing one heck of a job. Wonder if Ferguson gets replaced eventually this season. Some fans are saying our Dline looks better when Paul is in, What do you guys think?

Soliai has the tackles Fergy has in less playing time and some are saying he is really starting to draw double coverage. Anyways here are the Stats:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=DT&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

Ok seriously the names ahead of Paul are all suppose to be there, the fact Soliai is up there is incredible and I would have never expected that. Wonder if we see him take Ferguson job?

Also please make sure to Check out the stats for 3-4 DE and notice Merling Langford and Starks who I think are all having tremendous a season.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=DE4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Oct 18, 2009, 01:57 AM

i don't know, but we've faced some pretty good competition in Mangold and Saturday for him to be doing that well.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 18, 2009, 01:57 AM

Fergie is getting more penetration than Soliai has been getting, Fergie was doing a bit of a Jenkins impersonation against the Jets.

ANAnonymousSupporter
Oct 18, 2009, 04:14 AM

According to this, we have the best 3-4 defensive line in football.

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Oct 18, 2009, 05:04 AM

"Ashraf wrote:

According to this, we have the best 3-4 defensive line in football.

that would not shock me if we did. I think its the guys behind him who are struggling. We have one MLB and no safeties.

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 18, 2009, 09:09 AM

Very interesting and thanks for sharing. I can't say I'm too shocked with Starks, Langford, and Merling all being in the top 10, but Solia does sort of come as a surprise. I have noticed that Solia has been playing very well this year. Our DL is great though, and very young. I have high hopes for them.

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Oct 18, 2009, 09:57 AM

I'm familiar with this website, it's pretty cool, especially from a combined statistics point a view.

A couple of things to remember: (1) These guys are fans just like us that run it, so sometimes their numbers may be a little bit off from the official numbers. Still, it's good to see the stats in near real-time, and this is the only site I've seen that does this. (2) Don't get too caught up the ratings. They use some type of proprietary ranking system, that, I'm guessing, has a lot to do with mathematical formula in Excel.

That said, check out where our friend Channing Crowder ranks as an ILB. Be prepared to scroll.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=ILB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Oct 18, 2009, 10:23 AM

i don´t know about these rating, look where our oline players are sittin and at the moment that unit is dominating, long, carey smiley and thomas are way down the list, but check who is the best center BY FAR !!!!

CrunchTimeCrunchTimeRetired Admin
Oct 18, 2009, 11:04 AM

Ricky Williams listed as top RB while Ronnie is listed 7th.
Polite is listed as top FB.

Jake Grove is listed as the top Center ,while Jake Long is listed as the 22nd LT,Carey as 7th.

Thomas listed as 46th and Smiley as 69th rated Gs

If you look at these stats one can credit our top ranked running game to our Center and FB and talented backs :wink2:

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Oct 18, 2009, 11:41 AM

never doubted Soliai would become dominant @ NT
however
Fergie is a time sensitive item & we need two
outstanding NT's to rotate the 3/4 defense

needs: NT & ILB
maybe a WR, have wait to see how this bunch progresses

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

MIm inoNew Member
Oct 18, 2009, 03:38 PM

i have been down on soliai since he first got here and felt we were thin at dt behind fergie.i am really glad he is turning it around and stepping up when we needed him this year so kudo's for him doing as well as he is.we still may need a nose next year depending on what happens with fergie but it's looking like it may not be as big a need as i originally thought at seasons start.heres to hoping he continues to progress.

Oct 18, 2009, 09:37 PM

intresting stuff

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

Finatic8480Finatic8480New Member
Oct 18, 2009, 10:02 PM

One has to wonder if you will see more of Soliai on running plays.

Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.