Pennington's final thoughts on 2008 season

16 replies

ATVZ400ATVZ400New MemberOP
Jan 8, 2009, 03:50 PM

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-penningtonq09,0,1472216.story

(

On teammate's support) --"I cannot say enough about these guys. They've been unbelievable. They've supported me since the first day I walked into this locker room for the game against Tampa Bay, the first preseason game. It's been magical, it has. That's why it hurts even worse because I really wanted to keep this thing going and to really do some not good things, but great things."

Good read

[deleted][deleted]Luxury Box
Jan 8, 2009, 03:56 PM

I have tons of respect for Chad's modesty and sense of team. Had I known this about him when he was a Jet, I'd probably been a fan of his even then -- as long as they weren't playing us, that is.

RGFRGFSupporter
Jan 8, 2009, 03:59 PM

Ive grown to like the guy ,although I was dead set against the move of getting him in the beginning. Living in New York and being anti-Jet, I used to enjoy rooting against him and the Jets. But,he really made me a believer in him mainly because he was a hard worker and a very smart QB. Eleven wins didnt hurt the cause either and its nice being stable at the Q.B. position for a change.

ATVZ400ATVZ400New Member
Jan 8, 2009, 04:04 PM

Chad has won me over with his smart play this season

Jan 8, 2009, 04:20 PM

Chad's the man.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

calphincalphinNew Member
Jan 8, 2009, 04:33 PM

"Celtkin wrote:

I have tons of respect for Chad's modesty and sense of team. Had I known this about him when he was a Jet, I'd probably been a fan of his even then -- as long as they weren't playing us, that is.

I was just saying those same words to my wife the other night.


Thanks Gish

Dannyg28Dannyg28New Member
Jan 8, 2009, 04:35 PM

i liked Chad when he was with the Jets. i knew he was a really nice guy but i despised him 2 sundays a year, when he would beat us.

MindwarpMindwarpForum Veteran
Jan 8, 2009, 05:08 PM

I always knew he was like that, but my hatred for the jets > *

my mom can be on the jets and I would hate her while she played for them.
if my son ever played football i would tell him, son, your disowned.

StylaStylaNew Member
Jan 8, 2009, 05:25 PM

I never wanted him on the Dolphins, but now I want him to retire a Dolphin. Here's to a great 2009 season led by our QB Chad Pennington.:up:

Calm Like A Bomb!!!.....:freestyle:

Props to GISH for my avy and badges!

2012-2013 NBA CHAMPIONS MIAMI HEAT!!!

SCall13SCall13New Member
Jan 8, 2009, 05:54 PM

Chad is a genuine, great guy. I hated him with the Jets, but now that he has become a Dolphin, and have learned more about him, you have to love him. He is the ultimate team player. He takes responsibility on himself. He doesn't go on about what this guy should have done and what this guy should have done. He makes no excuses. He tells it like it is. I really admire the player and the person Chad Pennington is. If I had the opportunity, I would hug him and tell him what he means to the fans and what he has meant to the Miami Dolphins- not just as player, but as a person.

"Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision." - Muhammad Ali

dolpns13dolpns13New Member
Jan 8, 2009, 11:44 PM

"ATVZ400 wrote:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-penningtonq09,0,1472216.story

(

Good read

:lol: They supported him because if it werent for Chad becoming available, it would have been Luke McCown at the helm... All joking aside, I didnt have an opinion when we signed Chad for obvious reasons, I didnt want to judge him back then, now that the season has come to an end, and I can judge him, thank god he fell into our laps...

We owe all the thanks in the world to Mr. Favre for that one... Thanks for making a bad decision Brett, the 2008 AFCE champion Miami Dolphins will never forget you for it.

Heres to you making another bad decision in 2009 :knucks:

CitizenSnipsCitizenSnipsNew Member
Jan 9, 2009, 12:07 AM

i like Chad, he's a great guy.

but it'll be awhile before I'm happy with him again after that playoff game.

dolpns13dolpns13New Member
Jan 9, 2009, 12:10 AM

"CitizenSnips wrote:

i like Chad, he's a great guy.

but it'll be awhile before I'm happy with him again after that playoff game.

Wait till we start 4-0 next season and he has 4 TD passes, 0 INTs, a 75% completion rate and a QB rating of 98. :up:

CitizenSnipsCitizenSnipsNew Member
Jan 9, 2009, 12:13 AM

"dolpns13 wrote:

Wait till we start 4-0 next season and he has 3 TD passes, 0 INTs, a 75% completion rate and a QB rating of 98. :up:

lol. looking at our scheduled opponents next season, if we start off 4-0, I will build a shrine of the guy.

Also, come on, only 3 tds? In 4 victories? Ronnie better be KILLING it then.

dolpns13dolpns13New Member
Jan 9, 2009, 12:17 AM

"CitizenSnips wrote:

lol. looking at our scheduled opponents next season, if we start off 4-0, I will build a shrine of the guy.

:yes: Give us Tennessee, Pittsburgh, NE and SD all in a row... and see us go.. 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0... You know Sparano wont be like Juron (when the bills started 4-0) and let us lose 9 of our last 12

Ugh.. I cant wait for 2009 already.. s*** and it isnt even the offseason yet

dolpns13dolpns13New Member
Jan 9, 2009, 12:19 AM

"CitizenSnips wrote:

lol. looking at our scheduled opponents next season, if we start off 4-0, I will build a shrine of the guy.

Also, come on, only 3 tds? In 4 victories? Ronnie better be KILLING it then.

Passing bro.. I didnt include ronnies 6 rushing TD's in those 4 games..:pointlol:

ok, ill make an ajustment to Chad... in 4 games, 7 passing TD's with another year under everyones belt

ZodZodNew Member
Jan 9, 2009, 08:45 AM

"Celtkin wrote:

Had I known this about him when he was a Jet, I'd probably been a fan of his even then..

Not I....... I knew he was a quality character and I still didn't like him because he played for that team. I don't like anything "that team".