Post Fantasy Teams
342 replies
This was a fun thread last year for us dorks.
League: 10 team league (non ppr) points awarded for return yardage for player.
QB- Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler
RB- Steve Jackson, J. Charles, D. Martin, Ryan Williams, C. Benson
WR- Calvin, Antonio Brown, Danny Amendola, Brandon Lloyd, R. Moss
TE- Fred Davis, M. Bennett
K- Dan Bailey
DST 49ers
Working a potential trade for Ryan Williams for Donald Brown deal...
My WR's are better than they look because Brown and Amendola are consistent scorers because of the return yardag(EX: Brown was the 8th highest scoring WR last year), Im going to need Charles to be a top 10 RB wich is doable if he stays on the field. Also like Martellus Bennett as a sleeper TE.
FLAME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good solid team, but you are a little weak at RB I feel. In a 10 team league, you should have a better No. 1. I take it you used an early 1st on Calvin, and waited late 2nd for Jackson or Charles.
Antonio Brown will have a breakout season I feel, and I like the Amendola pick as well. I took him middle of the draft in my keeper last year, but then he got injured week 1.
"Tone_E wrote:
Good solid team, but you are a little weak at RB I feel. In a 10 team league, you should have a better No. 1. I take it you used an early 1st on Calvin, and waited late 2nd for Jackson or Charles.
Antonio Brown will have a breakout season I feel, and I like the Amendola pick as well. I took him middle of the draft in my keeper last year, but then he got injured week 1.
Yea Danny had over 2,000 all purpose yards in 2010 so I like him alot in this format. As far as RB's go I selected Jackson over a couple other guys because he is one of the few featured backs in the league who still gets the majority of GL carries, and Jeff Fisher has always utilized his RB's well. Charles was a gamble but in the 4th Rd I felt like worth the risk, really hoping Doug Martin is the #1 RB in Tampa this year...if so, I like my backs all of a sudden.

I like your backs and QB's not in love with your wr's though. I think your best bet for a WR is really Brandon Lloyd. I suspect Brown will really struggle without the vertical threat of Mike Wallace across from him. He really benefited from Wallace getting double teams the 2nd half of last year and when Wallace's numbers declined it was Brown who gained the most. If Wallace isnt there its all going to fall on brown. I dont like that. What made Brown one of the most targeted wr's last year was the fact that teams were so scared by Wallace's big play ability. Now its going to mean a lot of forced throws his way and probably a lot of double teams. Amendola is part of a young wr's and Fisher is a pretty conservative coach. Theyre going to see what their younger players can do as well with Quick, Chris Givens, Danario Alexander and Brandon Gibson. Thats a lot of players theyre going to want to see in game action. Im assuming you got him pretty late so I cant beat up the pick but I think you'll be using Lloyd a lot more then Amendola in a non-ppr format.
Oh and do yourself a favor and keep Ryan Williams. Beanie Wells is still rehabbing, Brown will be part of a committee and Williams is going to be a stud!
I dunno Boik, i think Amendola is a fav of Bradford and his slot position is his all by himself. But your right about Fisher being conservative. Its not Josh McDaniels running the show anymore. As far as Brown goes he is a mismatch but not having Wallace could effect him early. I need Wilson or Martin to step in and be my flex guy. I feel like i missed the boat on the run of TEs.

There are only a few elite TEs, the rest really contribute at a similar pace. Amendola will get the targets, but I think his YPC will be single digit, def. making him better in a PPR league.
Ryan Williams is someone I am trying to target in my keeper league as well. Hoping he drops a bit.
"Fin-Omenal wrote:
I dunno Boik, i think Amendola is a fav of Bradford and his slot position is his all by himself. But your right about Fisher being conservative. Its not Josh McDaniels running the show anymore. As far as Brown goes he is a mismatch but not having Wallace could effect him early. I need Wilson or Martin to step in and be my flex guy. I feel like i missed the boat on the run of TEs.
i think you will be fine...your biggest issue imo is WR if I am correct about Amendola and Brown. How many WR's are you starting? If its 2 youre in ok shape...if its 3 id probably try and flip Brown for someone similar like a Stevie Johnson or Dwayne Bowe.
IMO your best lineup is:
QB: Stafford
RB: Jackson
RB: Charles
WR: CJ
WR: Lloyd
TE: Davis (should be fine, if not Im sure Bennett will have Redzone targets)
Flex: Ryan Williams (I suspect he wins the job clean...I think Martin will get work as a primary in a time share)
Its a good team imo. I think you have depth at running back to secure a trade for a WR upgrade if you want. But I know Lloyd is having a good camp too so I dont know that you really have much to worry about. Davis is adequate at TE. As long as he keeps his head out of his butt (not as easy as it sounds for some people) hes a good player.
"Boik14 wrote:
i think you will be fine...your biggest issue imo is WR if I am correct about Amendola and Brown. How many WR's are you starting? If its 2 youre in ok shape...if its 3 id probably try and flip Brown for someone similar like a Stevie Johnson or Dwayne Bowe.
IMO your best lineup is:
QB: Stafford
RB: Jackson
RB: Charles
WR: CJ
WR: Lloyd
TE: Davis (should be fine, if not Im sure Bennett will have Redzone targets)
Flex: Ryan Williams (I suspect he wins the job clean...I think Martin will get work as a primary in a time share)Its a good team imo. I think you have depth at running back to secure a trade for a WR upgrade if you want. But I know Lloyd is having a good camp too so I dont know that you really have much to worry about. Davis is adequate at TE. As long as he keeps his head out of his butt (not as easy as it sounds for some people) hes a good player.
I feel like Bennett has a chance to do some good things in NY. They made Jake Ballard look pretty damn good last year, so im hoping he develops as a consistent target.
Again with the WR's I think your underestimating the points return yardage brings to a players worth, Amendola was a top 10 scorer at WR in my league in 2010 and as mentioned last year Brown finished 8th. I share your concern on the Wallace-Less Steelers but as of now they also lack a run game so I think they will be forced to sling it early on, getting the ball into Browns hands alot like the quick screen play he scored on from 50+ last night.
Waiting to see how things play out before deciding on who to flex, who to start opposite CJ at WR...Josh McDaniels likes throwing to Brandon Lloyd alot as evidence in Denver and ST Louis..just concerned about how many balls there are to go around. Very glad to have him on my roster though because he has some BOOM potential.
For the record I didnt execute the Brown/Williams trade so here's to Ryan staying healthy and running the ball Ken Whisenhunt style.

Amendola also did those things in rare circumstances....the rams were terrible/constantly playing from behind. Amendola was healthy and no one else was, and even if the other players were there they werent really good. Amendola also snuck up on everyone then. There was no TE worth a damn for fantasy purposes..it was just Amendola and Jackson. Plus hes now coming off a serious knee injury so I worry about his ability to separate. I just dont see it but for your teams sake I hope youre right.
Bennett has some legit talent but he needs a coach to ride him...luckily coughlin can be exceptional at that. Could end up being a nice find though.
I draft five in a 12 team. In mocks, it is very often Calvin in the first and Stafford in the second.
After that, you sort of have to look RB.
I think it is a very good team. Amendola and Ryan Williams are my two premier sleepers. I think each goes over 1000.
I find Jermaine Greshman is being criminally undervalued, he might be the third best TE. I would trade for him if I didn't have him.
I really believe the Rams have a shot at that division, sounds crazy I know....but if they stay healthy they are an all around solid football team. Kendall Lanford has wreaked havoc in the preseason games ive watched, Chris Long keeps getting better and Robert Quinn had a good rookie season. JL at MLB, Finnegan #1 CB, Mikell at Saftey?? This team is going to cause alot of their opponents problems.

"pocoloco wrote:
I draft five in a 12 team. In mocks, it is very often Calvin in the first and Stafford in the second.
After that, you sort of have to look RB.I think it is a very good team. Amendola and Ryan Williams are my two premier sleepers. I think each goes over 1000.
I find Jermaine Greshman is being criminally undervalued, he might be the third best TE. I would trade for him if I didn't have him.
Hmmm, I believe he is available on waivers in my league...if so I would let go of Davis before Bennett.

You shouldnt let go of davis for gresham. Gresham has a knee sprain. If u want to upgrade Te package davis with a back to a team that needs a back
You should pick up Lance Kendricks over Bennett. Bennett had a bad case of the dropsies.
"BuckeyeKing wrote:
You should pick up Lance Kendricks over Bennett. Bennett had a bad case of the dropsies.
I like Lance, but Im riding with Martellus.

As tight ends go in late rounds or waiver, I like:
Gresham, CIN
Moeki, KC (sp?)
Pettigrew, DET
Cook, TEN
Gresham was having a very good TC, so if that knee is fine, I jump all over that
QB: Phillip Rivers
RB:LeSean McCoy
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Aj Green
WR: Marques Colston
WR: Dwayne Bowe
TE: Aaron Hernandez
W/T: Torrey Smith
W/T/RB: Doug Martin
W/Rb: Deangelo Williams
Def: Chicago
Bench:
WR Michael Floyd
WR Alshon Jefferey
WR Mohammad Sanu
WR Brandon Lafell
RB Lamichael James
RB Chris Rainey
RB Lamar Miller
TE Greg Olsen
QB Matt Shaub
PPR league
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

If Rivers is near the 2010 Rivers your team is awesome.
Love the WR depth with 2 potential breakout players, lil thin on RB depth and like me your hoping D.Martin plays like he should. Pretty damn good team. Although your K likely won't score u many points this yr.

I suspect you will be using Schaub as much as Rivers based on matchups.
- Your RB's are studly...
- Your flex spot you'll probably be using Sanu and Jeffery more then DeAngelo in a PPR format imo
- Overall its very strong though your dependence on rookies worries me..Lafell and Rainey should probably be dumped imo for more proven players with a better upside.
I do two teams a year. One solo and one with friends (takes place in 15 min).
My solo team is...
QB: Cam Newton; Matt Ryan
WR: Jordy Nelson, Dez Byant, Vincent Jackson, Austin Collie, Randy Moss
RB: AP, Jamal Charles, Willis McGahee, Shaun Green.
TE: Tony Gonzo
DEF: NYG; Buffalo
K: Nugent
Thinking of picking of Jennings from Jax. Like most idiots who skip pre-season/training camp, I doubt he'll do anything worthwhile. Green isn't all that great anyway.
QB Luke McCown
RB Pierre Thomas
RB Daniel Thomas
WR Greg Lewis
WR Randy Moss
WR Patrick Crayton
TE Todd Heap
D/ST New York Jets
K Nick Folk
BENCH
Doesn't matter. We gots dis.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
I've only drafted one so far this season (except for a public espn league) and it was for a different message board but it was 12 teams and I picked 3rd and was pretty happy with my haul.
Note: Passing TDs are 4pts
QB: Matt Schaub, Jay Cutler
RB: LeSean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Ryan Mathews, Toby Gerhart, Evan Royster
WR: Percy Harvin, Stevie Johnson, Antonio Brown, Titus Young, Greg Little
TE: Jimmy Graham
DST: Bills, Giants
K: Jason Hanson


"Trowa wrote:
I've only drafted one so far this season (except for a public espn league) and it was for a different message board but it was 12 teams and I picked 3rd and was pretty happy with my haul.
Note: Passing TDs are 4pts
QB: Matt Schaub, Jay Cutler
RB: LeSean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Ryan Mathews, Toby Gerhart, Evan Royster
WR: Percy Harvin, Stevie Johnson, Antonio Brown, Titus Young, Greg Little
TE: Jimmy Graham
DST: Bills, Giants
K: Jason Hanson
How the hell did you get McCoy, McFadden, Ryan Mathews, and Jimmy Graham?
Thats potentially 3 1st round picks or 2 first and 2 second round picks?
"JDelenne wrote:
How the hell did you get McCoy, McFadden, Ryan Mathews, and Jimmy Graham?
Thats potentially 3 1st round picks or 2 first and 2 second round picks?
Injury concerns probably.
My guess the draft went like this for him:
1. McCoy
2. McFadden
3. Graham
4. Mathews
5. Harvin
6. Johnson
7. Brown
8. Schaub
9. Cutler
12 team PPR league.
passing TD's are 6 points and you get .04 pt.s per passing yard, .1 per rushing or receiving yard.
My Team:
Brees
Freeman
A. Peterson
S. Ridley
K. Smith
B. Marshall
Desean Jackson
Anquan Boldin
Nate Burleson
Antonio Gates
Coby Fleener
Ravens D/ST
Raiders D/St
Robbie Gould
IR
Sidney Rice
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/