Post Fantasy Teams

342 replies

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 25, 2013, 11:55 PM

12 team .5ppr 3rd round reverse draft....now think of your 11 nerdiest friends/people you ever met....that was this draft. The past few years what Ive learned in this league is grab your handcuff rbs because these dudes are vultures.

QB Cam Newton (37)
WR Andre Johnson (36)
WR DeSean Jackson (60)
WR Greg Jennings (84)
RB Adrian Peterson (1)
RB Frank Gore (24)
TE Jordan Cameron (108)
W/R Ahmad Bradshaw (61)
K Caleb Sturgis
DEF Pittsburgh

BN Golden Tate (85...computer froze...probably saved me from taking Owen Daniels after getting sniped on Greg Olsen by the dweeb 2 picks in front of me)
BN Vick Ballard
BN Carson Palmer
BN LaMichael James
BN Toby Gerhart
BN Washington

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 26, 2013, 12:00 AM

"muscle979 wrote:

Just finished the draft earlier today, 12 team league:

QB - Andrew Luck
RB1 - Doug Martin
RB2 - Frank Gore
WR1 - Dez Bryant
WR2 - Mike Wallace
Flex - Torrey Smith
TE - Greg Olsen
D/ST - Packers
K - Randy Bullock

Bench:
RB Chris Ivory
WR T.Y. Hilton
RB Pierre Thomas
RB Danny Woodhead
WR Josh Gordon

There was an absolute blitz for RBs in the first two rounds of the draft. I drafted TE/D/Kicker with the last three picks in that order. I used my fifth round pick on Luck after securing starting RBs and WRs with the first four picks.

If its a non ppr I like your wr's more then in a PPR. RB's QB TE are fine as is WR1. Cant really grade it til I know the parameters of the league

"JDelenne wrote:

Just finished up my first League Draft pretty happy about it, though thin at RB.. Most of my Bench will probably be dropped for other FA's

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Daryl Richardson
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Dwayne Bowe
W/R: T.Y. Hilton
W/R/T: Jermichael Finley
TE: Jimmy Graham
DST: Pitt
K: Matt Bryant

BN: Le'Veon Bell
BN: DeAndre Hopkins
BN: Zach Sudfeld
BN: Zac Stacy
BN: Ryan Williams

VERY thin at RB. If you have byes before Bell gets back youre screwed because the Cards are going to cut or trade Ryan Williams. Rest of it is very strong though. Id probably look in to trading a TE for another RB you can start at the flex spot and fwiw I like Finley a lot this year.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2013, 12:08 AM

My two money league drafts were last night... pretty much had one draft then another an hour later. I wound up with the seventh pick in both drafts.

League A (12 team, 1PPR - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DEF)
QB - Tony Romo (8), Eli Manning (9)
RB - Ray Rice (1), Stevan Ridley (3), Daryl Richardson (7), Danny Woodhead (10), Bernard Pierce (11), Pierre Thomas (14)
WR - AJ Green (2), Marques Colston (4), DeSean Jackson (6), Jeremy Kerley (12), Andre Roberts (13)
TE - Tony Gonzalez (5), Ed Dickson (16)
K - David Akers (17)
DEF - St. Louis (15)

League B (14 team, Standard but TDs are 7 points across the board - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR, WR/TE, K, DEF)
QB - Drew Brees (2)
RB - Arian Foster (1), Lamar Miller (4), Andre Brown (9), Fred Jackson (11), Joique Bell (13)
WR - Randall Cobb (3), Cecil Shorts (6), Chris Givens (7), Michael Floyd (8), Jeremy Kerley (12), Andre Roberts (14)
TE - Rob Gronkowski (5), Brandon Myers (10)
K - Sebastian Janikowski (15)
DEF - Miami (16)

JDelenneJDelenneSupporter
Aug 26, 2013, 12:11 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

If its a non ppr I like your wr's more then in a PPR. RB's QB TE are fine as is WR1. Cant really grade it til I know the parameters of the league

VERY thin at RB. If you have byes before Bell gets back youre screwed because the Cards are going to cut or trade Ryan Williams. Rest of it is very strong though. Id probably look in to trading a TE for another RB you can start at the flex spot and fwiw I like Finley a lot this year.

Yeah I had to pick Bell, Though i've read a few articles saying its just a sprain so he should be back soon. I'm also stoked I got Finley with pick 120 I think he's in for a monster year. I picked Ryan Williams with my 16rd pick for the "just in case" he's been on everyone's sleeper list for 2 years and with the last pick in the draft who else could I pick. Going QB and TE early really hurt my RB Draft strategy. My Big money league is coming up and i'm considering by-passing on Graham and taking the best RB available like MJD or Reggie Bush with the 24th pick.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 26, 2013, 12:29 AM

"JDelenne wrote:

Yeah I had to pick Bell, Though i've read a few articles saying its just a sprain so he should be back soon. I'm also stoked I got Finley with pick 120 I think he's in for a monster year. I picked Ryan Williams with my 16rd pick for the "just in case" he's been on everyone's sleeper list for 2 years and with the last pick in the draft who else could I pick. Going QB and TE early really hurt my RB Draft strategy. My Big money league is coming up and i'm considering by-passing on Graham and taking the best RB available like MJD or Reggie Bush with the 24th pick.

MJD went at pick 13 in the above draft I just did. I was a bit ticked that Graham went 23rd in this league and 1 pick in front of me. Even in a 3rd round reversal draft id have taken Graham at 24.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 26, 2013, 12:34 AM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

My two money league drafts were last night... pretty much had one draft then another an hour later. I wound up with the seventh pick in both drafts.

League A (12 team, 1PPR - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DEF)
QB - Tony Romo (8), Eli Manning (9)
RB - Ray Rice (1), Stevan Ridley (3), Daryl Richardson (7), Danny Woodhead (10), Bernard Pierce (11), Pierre Thomas (14)
WR - AJ Green (2), Marques Colston (4), DeSean Jackson (6), Jeremy Kerley (12), Andre Roberts (13)
TE - Tony Gonzalez (5), Ed Dickson (16)
K - David Akers (17)
DEF - St. Louis (15)

League B (14 team, Standard but TDs are 7 points across the board - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR, WR/TE, K, DEF)
QB - Drew Brees (2)
RB - Arian Foster (1), Lamar Miller (4), Andre Brown (9), Fred Jackson (11), Joique Bell (13)
WR - Randall Cobb (3), Cecil Shorts (6), Chris Givens (7), Michael Floyd (8), Jeremy Kerley (12), Andre Roberts (14)
TE - Rob Gronkowski (5), Brandon Myers (10)
K - Sebastian Janikowski (15)
DEF - Miami (16)

Team 2 isnt as strong as team 1 unless Floyd or Givens breaks out. Im not a believer in Shorts. Team 2 is also in deep doo doo if Gronk starts the year on PUP. Team 1 is a solid A-. WR depth and D are my only 2 blemishes.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2013, 12:48 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

Team 2 isnt as strong as team 1 unless Floyd or Givens breaks out. Im not a believer in Shorts. Team 2 is also in deep doo doo if Gronk starts the year on PUP. Team 1 is a solid A-. WR depth and D are my only 2 blemishes.

The difference between a 12 team draft and a 14 team draft is huge... I was stunned by what was available by round seven. If I hadn't taken Lamar Miller in round four, I would have maybe had a shot at someone like Shane Vereen or someone like that in round five.

Not a fan of Myers? I think he'll be solid for Eli.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2013, 12:49 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

12 team .5ppr 3rd round reverse draft....now think of your 11 nerdiest friends/people you ever met....that was this draft. The past few years what Ive learned in this league is grab your handcuff rbs because these dudes are vultures.

QB Cam Newton (37)
WR Andre Johnson (36)
WR DeSean Jackson (60)
WR Greg Jennings (84)
RB Adrian Peterson (1)
RB Frank Gore (24)
TE Jordan Cameron (108)
W/R Ahmad Bradshaw (61)
K Caleb Sturgis
DEF Pittsburgh

BN Golden Tate (85...computer froze...probably saved me from taking Owen Daniels after getting sniped on Greg Olsen by the dweeb 2 picks in front of me)
BN Vick Ballard
BN Carson Palmer
BN LaMichael James
BN Toby Gerhart
BN Washington

I'm not a fan of the depth (but understand why you went the way you did) and I am uneasy about Jennings and Cameron. Any potential waiver wire pick-ups for a back-up TE?

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 26, 2013, 01:03 AM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

The difference between a 12 team draft and a 14 team draft is huge... I was stunned by what was available by round seven. If I hadn't taken Lamar Miller in round four, I would have maybe had a shot at someone like Shane Vereen or someone like that in round five.

Not a fan of Myers? I think he'll be solid for Eli.

Ive done 14 teams and I think you were in the league the year we did like 20 teams or something absurd. You know I know the difference. Team 2 isnt a bad team. Its that team A is championship caliber (barring injuries and bad luck of course) and I view team 2 as a make the playoffs but out before the finals team. My criticisms are more related to the players themselves then anything else.

RE Myers...He will do ok but hes a TE2 imo. I could see him with 650/6TDs. Remember Oakland there were no other g=targets, now Cruz and Nicks are around. Different ball game though you could do worse certainly. IMO you will be starting Floyd soon over shorts. Floyd is getting big praise and hes got a competent QB this year

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

I'm not a fan of the depth (but understand why you went the way you did) and I am uneasy about Jennings and Cameron. Any potential waiver wire pick-ups for a back-up TE?

Im uneasy about Jennings but as a WR3 I can alternate he and Tate (who will see a lot of targets as their WR1 in Seattle and in a contract year). TE i took Cameron very late but there are some players out there I really like including Rob Housler who I love. The deciding factors on choosing Cameron were...A) Lack of surrounding targets for Cameron With Gordon suspended at least for the first few games Cameron is going to get all the work he can handle and B) Housler has Fitz, Floyd, Roberts around him and C) Arians offenses fluctuate drastically with TE involvement. Heath Miller had his best year after Arians leaves..not a coincidence.
Housler, Dion Sims, Vance MacDonald (in case SF flexes Davis out wide since they have terrible wr's right now), Pettigrew, Dwayne Allen/Fleener, Eifert (who IM not high on as long as Gresham is ahead of him on the depth chart) and Ed Dickson are the others out there. Dickson or Housler would be the next in line just cause Housler did finsih the last half of last year as a top 10 TE. I may simply drop Washington D to procure Dickson or Housler....but I am very high on Cameron

4242MarchNew Member
Aug 26, 2013, 01:17 AM

First ever draft (14 team league - ESPN scoring). Pick 1 Snake

QB - Russell Wilson
RB1 - Adrian Peterson
RB2 - David Wilson
Flex/RB3 - Shane Vereen
WR1 - Torrey Smith
WR2 - T.Y. Hilton
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Garrett Hartley
Def - Miami (homer !!! but if we create more turnovers)

Bench
QB - Phillip Rivers
RB - Zac Stacy
RB - Marcel Reece
WR3 - Josh Gordon
WR4 - Vincent Brown
TE2 - Dustin Keller
TE3 - Zac Sudfeld

Obviously this was completed before DK's injury, I had picked up Sudfield as Mr. Irrelevant and had earmarked him for some trade bait as a couple of teams only had one tight end. Now have traded DK for Brandon Gibson as zip TE's left.

A worry is that in week 8, Smith, Hilton & Brown are on all on the bye week, so I trying to set up a couple of trades where I trade Brown for DeMarco Murray and then trade Vereen (though he really wants Wilson) for Steve Smith. Does this make sense for me?

Also with Bye weeks, do you swap out the Kickers & Defense on a BPA basis on waivers and then stay with the new guy/team or swap again?

muscle979muscle979Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2013, 06:47 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

If its a non ppr I like your wr's more then in a PPR. RB's QB TE are fine as is WR1. Cant really grade it til I know the parameters of the league

VERY thin at RB. If you have byes before Bell gets back youre screwed because the Cards are going to cut or trade Ryan Williams. Rest of it is very strong though. Id probably look in to trading a TE for another RB you can start at the flex spot and fwiw I like Finley a lot this year.

Sorry, it's not PPR.

305305Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2013, 08:34 AM

1st official league draft, casual... 10 team, non PPR. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, and K Def

QB: Andy Dalton
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Chris Johnson
WR: AJ Green
WR: Dwayne Bowe
WR: Hakeem Nicks
TE: Jimmy Graham
Flex: Stevan Ridley
K: Randy Bullock
D: Green Bay

Bench: QB Carson Palmer
Bench: RB Reshard Mendenhall
Bench: WR Josh Gordon
Bench: WR Jordy Nelson
Bench: WR Cecil Shorts
Bench: TE Zach Sudfeld

We're all here because we're all not there.

305305Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2013, 08:41 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

Team 2 isnt as strong as team 1 unless Floyd or Givens breaks out. Im not a believer in Shorts. Team 2 is also in deep doo doo if Gronk starts the year on PUP. Team 1 is a solid A-. WR depth and D are my only 2 blemishes.

Honestly, Team B is a bigger risk reward while team A is playing it safe IMO. Team B, if Foster stays healthy and Gronk comes back at full health for the second two thirds of the season, you hit it out of the park for a 14 person league. Brees Gronk Foster can easily outplay having that weak WR3 spot.

We're all here because we're all not there.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 26, 2013, 11:25 AM

"305 wrote:

Honestly, Team B is a bigger risk reward while team A is playing it safe IMO. Team B, if Foster stays healthy and Gronk comes back at full health for the second two thirds of the season, you hit it out of the park for a 14 person league. Brees Gronk Foster can easily outplay having that weak WR3 spot.

A lot of IF's there though. Anyone who has ever played fantasy football knows its 33% draft, 33% waiver claims/FA grabs when someone gets hurt, and 33% luck. By starting out with an injured TE who you spent a 5th rounder on (at pick 70) in a league where you know depth will be lacking AND a 1st round pick on a RB who will have a nagging injury all year youre starting out behind the 8 ball on the luck part. I hope it works out for him. I prefer limiting the injury risks in deeper leagues.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2013, 11:55 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

A lot of IF's there though. Anyone who has ever played fantasy football knows its 33% draft, 33% waiver claims/FA grabs when someone gets hurt, and 33% luck. By starting out with an injured TE who you spent a 5th rounder on (at pick 70) in a league where you know depth will be lacking AND a 1st round pick on a RB who will have a nagging injury all year youre starting out behind the 8 ball on the luck part. I hope it works out for him. I prefer limiting the injury risks in deeper leagues.

I am not concerned about Foster and I am comfortable with Myers starting too.

Would you have honestly passed on Foster at #7 overall? Gronkowski at #61 overall?

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 26, 2013, 02:06 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

I am not concerned about Foster and I am comfortable with Myers starting too.

Would you have honestly passed on Foster at #7 overall? Gronkowski at #61 overall?

Fosters usage is a concern for me but I feel more confident in him then Gronk. If Foster is available at 5 in my other money league tomorrow then ill find out if I would have passed. At 7 in a 14 team league Im assuming AP, McCoy, Spiller, Charles, Martin and either Rice or Lynch are gone which means at 7 you probably had a choice between Rice or Lynch or Foster. Foster is probably a higher reward but also a bigger risk. I can see the argument for and against Foster there. Bigger problem for me is Gronk at 61. TE is very boom or bust no doubt and studs are hard to come by there but at 61 I probably would have gone elsewhere knowing youre probably not getting more then 12 games out of him this year. Myers is 3rd fiddle on a team thats going to be better running the ball then they were last year. Adequate backup but imo strictly a matchup play.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2013, 02:47 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

Fosters usage is a concern for me but I feel more confident in him then Gronk. If Foster is available at 5 in my other money league tomorrow then ill find out if I would have passed. At 7 in a 14 team league Im assuming AP, McCoy, Spiller, Charles, Martin and either Rice or Lynch are gone which means at 7 you probably had a choice between Rice or Lynch or Foster. Foster is probably a higher reward but also a bigger risk. I can see the argument for and against Foster there. Bigger problem for me is Gronk at 61. TE is very boom or bust no doubt and studs are hard to come by there but at 61 I probably would have gone elsewhere knowing youre probably not getting more then 12 games out of him this year. Myers is 3rd fiddle on a team thats going to be better running the ball then they were last year. Adequate backup but imo strictly a matchup play.

I can tell we're not going to agree here...

I feel you have two tier one TEs (Graham, Gronk), two tier two TEs (Gonzalez, Written), and then everyone else... basically they are risky or have a 600 yard, 5 TD ceiling. I think Myers is a 600/5 guy.

305305Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2013, 02:58 PM

Fantasy football is won in the second half of the year is all I'm sayin. Gronk on a Hernandezless Patriots, there's not much bust there....

We're all here because we're all not there.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Aug 27, 2013, 01:20 AM

12 team league PPR with some other rules I've never used before like .5 per completion and rushing attempts. Defenses get 1 pt for a 4th down stop and .5 for tackles for loss and three and outs. The thing is the rules were changed late. I and most players didn't find out until right before the draft (minutes). The rules I'd reviewed about a week before the draft when I printed some cheat sheets were for a non-PPR league. I got the 3rd pick in a snake draft. There are some quirks in that these guys (and girls) take QBs ridiculously early. For example: last year 7 of the first 8 picks were QBs. Also you better get a back-up kicker and back-up D or there may not be one available at all on your bye week. Anyway here's my draft:

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Lesean McCoy
WR: Julio Jones
TE: Greg Olsen
WR/RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
WR/RB/TE: Danny Amendola
K: Randy Bullock
Def: Miami

Bench
QB: Brandon Weedon
RB: Pierre Thomas
RB: Isaiah Pead
RB: LeGarret Blount
RB: Jordan Todman
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Josh Gordon
WR: Brandon Gibson
TE: Fred Davis
TE: Ed Dickson
K: Caleb Sturgis
Def: Dallas

I like my starters and my depth at WR, TE and K. I'm not happy with my depth/back-ups at QB, RB or Def. But at worst I could play three WRs and only one RB should the need arise.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Aug 27, 2013, 02:47 AM

Just did a 10 team mock, my first one. For crap sake why can't I land this haul in my other league!
QB- Stafford
RB- Spiller
RB- R Bush
WR- Calvin
WR- Wallace
TE- Graham
Flex- Gronkowski
K- Phil Dawson
D- St Louis

....and yes this draft did really happen.

305305Forum Veteran
Aug 27, 2013, 09:12 AM

"phinsational wrote:

Just did a 10 team mock, my first one. For crap sake why can't I land this haul in my other league!
QB- Stafford
RB- Spiller
RB- R Bush
WR- Calvin
WR- Wallace
TE- Graham
Flex- Gronkowski
K- Phil Dawson
D- St Louis

....and yes this draft did really happen.

lmao I wanna see the other draft results... somebody must have great kicker depth

We're all here because we're all not there.

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Aug 27, 2013, 09:16 AM

Well I've had my own fantasy league with buddies for about 8 years now. This year we expanded. Merge with another long time league of friends. So we have 18 teams.

QB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR
TE
DT/ST
K

Anyone been in a football league this deep? Any advice? I'm in a 20 team baseball league so I think that will prepare me. But I've me never been in this deep of a football league and with there being less depth in football I'm worried. Draft is tonight. Ima scaredddd

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Aug 27, 2013, 10:05 AM

Originally had this in the wrong thread:

I give you 2013s Resultant Fart Bubbles. 12 teams, non PPR, no keepers, Homer picks in bold

(4) Resultant Fartbubbles - Calvin Johnson WR
(21) Resultant Fartbubbles - Julio Jones WR
(28) Resultant Fartbubbles - David Wilson RB
(45) Resultant Fartbubbles - Danny Amendola WR
(52) Resultant Fartbubbles - Tony Romo QB
(69) Resultant Fartbubbles - Jason Witten TE
(76) Resultant Fartbubbles - Giovani Bernard RB
(93) Resultant Fartbubbles - Andre Brown RB
(100) Resultant Fartbubbles - Ben Tate RB
(117) Resultant Fartbubbles - Kenbrell Thompkins WR
(124) Resultant Fartbubbles - Justin Blackmon WR
(141) Resultant Fartbubbles - Broncos D/ST D/ST
(148) Resultant Fartbubbles - Brian Hartline WR
(165) Resultant Fartbubbles - Matt Schaub QB
(172) Resultant Fartbubbles - Pierre Thomas RB
(189) Resultant Fartbubbles - Caleb Sturgis K


Starters:
QB: Tony Romo
RB: David Wilson
RB: Giovani Bernard
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Danny Ammendola
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Broncos
K: Caleb Sturgis

I see counting on Giovani as RB2 as this team's biggest weakness.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Aug 27, 2013, 10:06 AM

"Nappy Roots wrote:

Well I've had my own fantasy league with buddies for about 8 years now. This year we expanded. Merge with another long time league of friends. So we have 18 teams.

QB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR
TE
DT/ST
K

Anyone been in a football league this deep? Any advice? I'm in a 20 team baseball league so I think that will prepare me. But I've me never been in this deep of a football league and with there being less depth in football I'm worried. Draft is tonight. Ima scaredddd

Have a depth chart that includes every NFL team and every position. You will be drafting backups that nobody has ever heard of, and you want to be prepared with a current depth chart and take the best backups first. Especially at the RB position.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Aug 27, 2013, 10:07 AM

"phinsational wrote:

Just did a 10 team mock, my first one. For crap sake why can't I land this haul in my other league!
QB- Stafford
RB- Spiller
RB- R Bush
WR- Calvin
WR- Wallace
TE- Graham
Flex- Gronkowski
K- Phil Dawson
D- St Louis

....and yes this draft did really happen.

If it were a 12 team league, it would be alright. 10 teams, it's only average.