Prayer request

60 replies

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Nov 6, 2008, 04:23 PM

"dolphindebby wrote:

They never figured out for sure what happened. He was in Nam and around the agent orange etc., so they never could pin point it.

He's getting weaker and weaker now. I've heard from Kath last night and her sister this morning.
No one can figure out why his tests keep getting postponed etc. Their saying he'll have an indoscopny today.

sorry to hear that. i'll hope for the best.

ALalen1New Member
Nov 6, 2008, 05:32 PM

Sorry to hear mrs. Debby. Hope it gets better. Thank you for keeping us updated.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I have a family member who went through chemo and has cancer. Well today she went to the hospital to get some tests and scans done and it wasn't the best of news to say the least. Her cancer has spread throughout her body, it originally started in her left leg I believe. She has taken numerous medications over the last year but at this point, they can't help her anymore and she has to stay in the hospital. They have given her six months max to live. :sad:

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Nov 6, 2008, 07:13 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Sorry to hear mrs. Debby. Hope it gets better. Thank you for keeping us updated.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I have a family member who went through chemo and has cancer. Well today she went to the hospital to get some tests and scans done and it wasn't the best of news to say the least. Her cancer has spread throughout her body, it originally started in her left leg I believe. She has taken numerous medications over the last year but at this point, they can't help her anymore and she has to stay in the hospital. They have given her six months max to live. :sad:

I am so sorry alen. I wish there were something I could say or do to make it better for you and your family.
All I know is that we have to keep hanging on the best we can. And sometimes that feels impossible. Just let go if you feel like it and let some of the frustration out. I've done it over Jim & Kath, it helps for a while anyway. I've gone through anger, depression, self-pity (Yea, I was down because my friend is sick and I couldn't take it) that made me feel horrible, now I'm numb and check 50 times a day for emails from her.
What I'm trying to say is you'll run the gamit and it's all ok. All of us handle things different. I've learned over the years that holding things in is really painful and only makes things worse for me.
You take care and know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
Debby

ALalen1New Member
Nov 6, 2008, 07:49 PM

Thank you.

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Nov 6, 2008, 07:49 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Sorry to hear mrs. Debby. Hope it gets better. Thank you for keeping us updated.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I have a family member who went through chemo and has cancer. Well today she went to the hospital to get some tests and scans done and it wasn't the best of news to say the least. Her cancer has spread throughout her body, it originally started in her left leg I believe. She has taken numerous medications over the last year but at this point, they can't help her anymore and she has to stay in the hospital. They have given her six months max to live. :sad:

sorry to hear that dude.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Nov 7, 2008, 01:16 AM

"alen1 wrote:

Sorry to hear mrs. Debby. Hope it gets better. Thank you for keeping us updated.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I have a family member who went through chemo and has cancer. Well today she went to the hospital to get some tests and scans done and it wasn't the best of news to say the least. Her cancer has spread throughout her body, it originally started in her left leg I believe. She has taken numerous medications over the last year but at this point, they can't help her anymore and she has to stay in the hospital. They have given her six months max to live. :sad:

I'm so sorry to hear that. But never give up hope. People can always live past a prognosis because the human body can be a lot more resilient than one can think. My dad was given 1 month max. He lasted 12 times that. There's always hope. In any case, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Nov 7, 2008, 01:27 AM

you're in my prayers



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Nov 7, 2008, 11:34 AM

Here's Kath's latest email. It's easier than me trying to tell you all of it.

Jim did have his bronchoscopy yesterday and now we wait for the results. He is scheduled for an endoscopy today and they will tap his abdomen again later today to drain more fluid. The liver biopsy is scheduled for Monday. The pulmonologist (sp?) gave me disturbing news yesterday but the nurse told me to wait until the liver biopsy is done and see what the LIVER team says. I think the main focus now is on the liver. They also are discussing putting him on dalasis to try and get his potassium level down. The high potassium can affect his heart if it doesn't come down. Keep praying for a miracle.

Kathy

Thanks for all your prayers guys. I love all of you.
Debby

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Nov 7, 2008, 11:38 AM

"Regan21286 wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear that. But never give up hope. People can always live past a prognosis because the human body can be a lot more resilient than one can think. My dad was given 1 month max. He lasted 12 times that. There's always hope. In any case, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I haven't given up at all. I'm just so scared, so is my friend.
I posted her last email to me in here so you guys can see it.
Thanks. Giving up is not in my vocabulary. I just pray and pray and try to support them the best I can.

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Nov 7, 2008, 11:45 AM

I forgot to tell you guys. Kath & Jim are the ones that sent the grandgirls their Dolphin cheerleading unis. The girls are crazy about them. Kath is always sending me Dolphins stuff when she finds it. My Christmas tree is full of ornaments she's sent of Dolphins. She's just sent so much, I can't list it.
NOW how's that for a friend!!!
I'm so blessed to have her and Jim, not for what they give materially, but for just giving me the priviledge of being my friends.

I'm also blessed to have all of you. You can't know how much all of your thoughts and prayers mean to me.
Love you all.

ALalen1New Member
Nov 7, 2008, 03:00 PM

"Regan21286 wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear that. But never give up hope. People can always live past a prognosis because the human body can be a lot more resilient than one can think. My dad was given 1 month max. He lasted 12 times that. There's always hope. In any case, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Regan. Really appreciate it man. My mom talked to my cousins mother (the one whose in the hospital now) and she said that she's feeling a little bit better.

"dolphindebby wrote:

Here's Kath's latest email. It's easier than me trying to tell you all of it.

Jim did have his bronchoscopy yesterday and now we wait for the results. He is scheduled for an endoscopy today and they will tap his abdomen again later today to drain more fluid. The liver biopsy is scheduled for Monday. The pulmonologist (sp?) gave me disturbing news yesterday but the nurse told me to wait until the liver biopsy is done and see what the LIVER team says. I think the main focus now is on the liver. They also are discussing putting him on dalasis to try and get his potassium level down. The high potassium can affect his heart if it doesn't come down. Keep praying for a miracle.

Kathy

Thanks for all your prayers guys. I love all of you.
Debby

Thank you for the updates Mrs. Debby. Lets hope that the results turn out good.

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Nov 7, 2008, 11:52 PM

Here's Kath's latest email guys.

Today we got the news we didn't want to get. Jim has a tumor in his native lung and it is believed to have spread to his liver. The news is very grim. This diagnosis is fatal. One doctor has told me Jim may only have 1 or 2 months. A different doctor said he is unable to give us a time span right now. They have talked with me and Jim and the doctor wants to talk to the both of us regarding what we will want toward the end. I am sure Jim will not want to be hooked up to a ventalator or be recessated (sp?)should it come down to that. I thank you all for your prayers and I hope you all continue to pray for Jim's comfort right now. I love you all.

Kathy

My tears know no bounds for them right now.
Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted.
Debby

The RevThe RevAdministrator
Nov 8, 2008, 12:35 AM

"dolphindebby wrote:

Here's Kath's latest email guys.

Today we got the news we didn't want to get. Jim has a tumor in his native lung and it is believed to have spread to his liver. The news is very grim. This diagnosis is fatal. One doctor has told me Jim may only have 1 or 2 months. A different doctor said he is unable to give us a time span right now. They have talked with me and Jim and the doctor wants to talk to the both of us regarding what we will want toward the end. I am sure Jim will not want to be hooked up to a ventalator or be recessated (sp?)should it come down to that. I thank you all for your prayers and I hope you all continue to pray for Jim's comfort right now. I love you all.

Kathy

My tears know no bounds for them right now.
Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted.
Debby

There are no words, my friend. May God give Jim strength and Kathy peace.
Please lean on us if you need us.
You know we love you.
GB

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Nov 8, 2008, 12:44 AM

"The Rev wrote:

There are no words, my friend. May God give Jim strength and Kathy peace.
Please lean on us if you need us.
You know we love you.
GB

Thank you. You're a great bunch to lean on.
This place has given me so much strength, as well as, keeping my mind occupied a lot of the time.
My only hope is that in some way I help all of you like you do me.
God Bless You Raul.

Nov 8, 2008, 05:50 AM

"dolphindebby wrote:

Here's Kath's latest email guys.

Today we got the news we didn't want to get. Jim has a tumor in his native lung and it is believed to have spread to his liver. The news is very grim. This diagnosis is fatal. One doctor has told me Jim may only have 1 or 2 months. A different doctor said he is unable to give us a time span right now. They have talked with me and Jim and the doctor wants to talk to the both of us regarding what we will want toward the end. I am sure Jim will not want to be hooked up to a ventalator or be recessated (sp?)should it come down to that. I thank you all for your prayers and I hope you all continue to pray for Jim's comfort right now. I love you all.

Kathy

My tears know no bounds for them right now.
Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted.
Debby

As a pastor, I have watched others be given this news and as a husband had it given to my first wife. The pain is unbelievable. You have my ongoing prayers as do your friends.

While this is not a time for advice but simply support, I would be remiss if I didn't urge Jim and Kath to make sure a referral to the hospice in their home area comes out of these discussions. No one does pain management better nor support for patient and families. They are a great help and blessing at a time when all other blessings seem hollow.

My love and prayers.

OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Nov 8, 2008, 07:54 AM

"Ohiophinphan wrote:

While this is not a time for advice but simply support, I would be remiss if I didn't urge Jim and Kath to make sure a referral to the hospice in their home area comes out of these discussions. No one does pain management better nor support for patient and families. They are a great help and blessing at a time when all other blessings seem hollow.

Excellent suggestion Pastor and Deb. When my dad was dying my mom had a hospice worker come into the home and take care of him. She always says the best thing to come out of Medicare was the hospice program. This man took wonderful care of my dad for almost a year while he was dying and even kept in touch with my mother afterwards.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

The RevThe RevAdministrator
Nov 8, 2008, 09:20 AM

"Ohiophinphan wrote:

As a pastor, I have watched others be given this news and as a husband had it given to my first wife. The pain is unbelievable. You have my ongoing prayers as do your friends.

While this is not a time for advice but simply support, I would be remiss if I didn't urge Jim and Kath to make sure a referral to the hospice in their home area comes out of these discussions. No one does pain management better nor support for patient and families. They are a great help and blessing at a time when all other blessings seem hollow.

My love and prayers.

I agree, Pastor. Hospice are one of God's angels on earth. They have incredible sympathy and care. They are amazing.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Nov 8, 2008, 10:02 AM

"The Rev wrote:

They have incredible sympathy and care. They are amazing.

:yes: Raul - this man was so tender and gentle with my dad and when he could no longer walk - he used to carry him up and down three flights of stairs so he could at least "be with" his family, although he had hardly any faculties left. This was in the last stages of the disease.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

ALalen1New Member
Nov 8, 2008, 01:09 PM

"dolphindebby wrote:

Here's Kath's latest email guys.

Today we got the news we didn't want to get. Jim has a tumor in his native lung and it is believed to have spread to his liver. The news is very grim. This diagnosis is fatal. One doctor has told me Jim may only have 1 or 2 months. A different doctor said he is unable to give us a time span right now. They have talked with me and Jim and the doctor wants to talk to the both of us regarding what we will want toward the end. I am sure Jim will not want to be hooked up to a ventalator or be recessated (sp?)should it come down to that. I thank you all for your prayers and I hope you all continue to pray for Jim's comfort right now. I love you all.

Kathy

My tears know no bounds for them right now.
Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted.
Debby

Very very sorry to hear this Mrs. Debby. It seems like both of our family and friends have the same situation. I wish him the best. Stay strong.

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Nov 8, 2008, 01:22 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Very very sorry to hear this Mrs. Debby. It seems like both of our family and friends have the same situation. I wish him the best. Stay strong.

Thank you.
My prayers are always with you and your family.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Nov 8, 2008, 03:38 PM

"The Rev wrote:

I agree, Pastor. Hospice are one of God's angels on earth. They have incredible sympathy and care. They are amazing.

Agreed 100%. If you find the right one, it can make all the difference.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

RGFRGFSupporter
Nov 9, 2008, 12:08 PM

Wow,I just got around to reading the posts here and I`d like to offer my support and everlasting prayers to all who need them at this time. It sure puts things in perspective. I never mentioned it befor in any of my posts but I lost my Mom a few weeks ago and its the love,support and prayers of friends and family who get me through on a daily basis. God Bless.

ALalen1New Member
Nov 9, 2008, 03:11 PM

"RGF wrote:

Wow,I just got around to reading the posts here and I`d like to offer my support and everlasting prayers to all who need them at this time. It sure puts things in perspective. I never mentioned it befor in any of my posts but I lost my Mom a few weeks ago and its the love,support and prayers of friends and family who get me through on a daily basis. God Bless.

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother RGF. I hope all is well with your family.

RGFRGFSupporter
Nov 9, 2008, 04:13 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother RGF. I hope all is well with your family.

Thanks so much,it means a lot.

Nov 9, 2008, 04:48 PM

"RGF wrote:

Wow,I just got around to reading the posts here and I`d like to offer my support and everlasting prayers to all who need them at this time. It sure puts things in perspective. I never mentioned it befor in any of my posts but I lost my Mom a few weeks ago and its the love,support and prayers of friends and family who get me through on a daily basis. God Bless.

Let me add my prayers and best wishes for you and your family at this time of loss. We are at our tallest when we lift up each other.

OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.