Pretty cool. Dig it.

16 replies

SceetoSceetoForum VeteranOP
Dec 12, 2020, 07:44 AM

This is a good one:

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Dec 12, 2020, 08:47 AM

“Men respond to leadership in a most remarkable way, and once you have won his heart, he will follow you anywhere.”

Spoken by Lombardi, executed by Flores.

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Dec 12, 2020, 09:32 AM

Leadership as a whole is a kind of disturbing concept but is also required for organized sports to a degree because of human nature.

It's a good thing we have it I suppose.

PLplc001Supporter
Dec 12, 2020, 11:32 AM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

Leadership as a whole is a kind of disturbing concept but is also required for organized sports to a degree because of human nature.

It's a good thing we have it I suppose.

and required for most ORGANIZations. Even animal groups have social structure.

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Dec 12, 2020, 11:44 AM

"plc001 wrote:

and required for most ORGANIZations. Even animal groups have social structure.

Right I'm not talking about its necessity so much as its disturbing conceptual nature.

I cant imagine giving full trust to a person and having them make decisions for me. To me that is disturbing to the highest degree, it's basically mental slavery and destroys individualism.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Dec 13, 2020, 10:25 AM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

Right I'm not talking about its necessity so much as its disturbing conceptual nature.

I cant imagine giving full trust to a person and having them make decisions for me. To me that is disturbing to the highest degree, it's basically mental slavery and destroys individualism.

Those two statements say more about you than anything- your comments have nothing to do with what real leadership actually is.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

Phil HutchingsPhil HutchingsForum Veteran
Dec 13, 2020, 12:12 PM

"Sceeto wrote:

This is a good one:

That’s a great video.

Thanks for posting.

Deus ex dolphinDeus ex dolphinForum Veteran
Dec 13, 2020, 12:44 PM

Maybe the Dolphins didn't beat the Jets, 20-3? Maybe it was lack of leadership?

A terrible play call, terribly executed.

FinatikFinatikStaff
Dec 13, 2020, 04:22 PM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

Right I'm not talking about its necessity so much as its disturbing conceptual nature.

I cant imagine giving full trust to a person and having them make decisions for me. To me that is disturbing to the highest degree, it's basically mental slavery and destroys individualism.

Try reading John Maxwells 21 Laws of Leadership. You might figure out what true leadership is about.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Dec 13, 2020, 04:23 PM

"Finatik wrote:

Try reading John Maxwells 21 Laws of Leadership. You might figure out what true leadership is about.

I will give it a read, but I also doubt it's going to entirely change the way I view humans and human behaviour.

FinatikFinatikStaff
Dec 13, 2020, 04:35 PM

True leadership is about service to others. Developing others and getting your success in their successes.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Dec 13, 2020, 04:44 PM

"Finatik wrote:

True leadership is about service to others. Developing others and getting your success in their successes.

I get that, it's exactly what I think is weird.

I absolutely cant look at another person and think I'd want their help or input to grow. How can someone with less value than me help me?

FinatikFinatikStaff
Dec 13, 2020, 05:04 PM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

I get that, it's exactly what I think is weird.

I absolutely cant look at another person and think I'd want their help or input to grow. How can someone with less value than me help me?

See it’s not all about you. It takes others for you to achieve any meaningful success. Even in a singular sport like tennis you have a coach. When my team excels I excel. Look at an NFL coach. He doesn’t make the plays on the field but he gets his people to be able to make those plays. He gets success through others successes.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Dec 13, 2020, 05:34 PM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

I get that, it's exactly what I think is weird.

I absolutely cant look at another person and think I'd want their help or input to grow. How can someone with less value than me help me?

You're so incredibly off-base here. Why would someone under you have less value? Hopefully you're just young and don't understand how the world works yet. Otherwise, these are scary comments.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

jdallen1222jdallen1222Forum Veteran
Dec 15, 2020, 07:55 PM

"KeyFin wrote:

You're so incredibly off-base here. Why would someone under you have less value? Hopefully you're just young and don't understand how the world works yet. Otherwise, these are scary comments.

It’s a lone wolf mentality that won’t go very far in the real world.

🎃

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2020, 08:06 PM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

I get that, it's exactly what I think is weird.

I absolutely cant look at another person and think I'd want their help or input to grow. How can someone with less value than me help me?

You are either a CEO or a serial killer.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2020, 09:27 AM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

You are either a CEO or a serial killer.

Opposite actually. I believe value starts from the bottom up, someone in a higher position is inherently less valuable in context of the job being worked on.

I didnt mean less valuable than me in life.