PS4 unveiling Feb 20th

307 replies

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 18, 2013, 05:18 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

so a newbie question, and because I haven't been staying up to date on this thread. The games that are available on both PS3 and PS4. What's the difference in them? negligible?

Graphics will be better on the PS4 versions. Frame rates should be much better. Less jaggies since the PS4 versions will be running at true 1080p, not upscaled 720p.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Oct 18, 2013, 05:21 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

so a newbie question, and because I haven't been staying up to date on this thread. The games that are available on both PS3 and PS4. What's the difference in them? negligible?

I don't think anyone but developers could tell you the difference between games on both systems right now.

And negligible to one person isn't quite the same to everyone so you may want to be a little more specific (not trying to be a dick, I just really wouldn't know how to answer even if I knew more).

I do know that after seeing the recommended PC specs for Watch Dogs there is no chance I'd get it for PS3 or 360 if I had ANY other option. I would think the same would apply to Assassin's Creed 4.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Oct 18, 2013, 05:26 PM

"Desides wrote:

Graphics will be better on the PS4 versions. Frame rates should be much better. Less jaggies since the PS4 versions will be running at true 1080p, not upscaled 720p.

Could have swore I read somewhere that BF4 is still going to be 720p.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 18, 2013, 07:01 PM

"Stitches wrote:

Could have swore I read somewhere that BF4 is still going to be 720p.

Yep, you would be right. Did some Googling. 720p upscaled to 1080p for 60 FPS.

OK, well, there's still the textures, then. :lol:

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Oct 18, 2013, 08:20 PM

"Desides wrote:

Yep, you would be right. Did some Googling. 720p upscaled to 1080p for 60 FPS.

OK, well, there's still the textures, then. :lol:

I have no doubt it'll look better on PS4, I was just surprised when I read 720p.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Oct 19, 2013, 11:06 AM

"Desides wrote:

Yep, you would be right. Did some Googling. 720p upscaled to 1080p for 60 FPS.

OK, well, there's still the textures, then. :lol:

I mean I'll eventually get the PS4, I'm just not in a hurry to get it on the first day. Although, I'm not planning on buying any games anytime soon either so it really doesn't matter. I was just curious. I've still got GTAV and ACIII to finish up :lol: But sweet jesus does Killzone look impressive in the game play clips I've seen.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Oct 19, 2013, 08:41 PM

omg Watch Dogs looks ridiculous... RIDICULOUS!

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 19, 2013, 08:47 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

omg Watch Dogs looks ridiculous... RIDICULOUS!

Yep. 6 months away!

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

TiP54TiP54New Member
Oct 21, 2013, 08:40 PM

Seriously considering selling my PC and just getting a PS4. I just don't game as much as I thought I would for a number of reasons. Cash out while I can. Not interested in XBOX1, PS4 however...

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 21, 2013, 09:38 PM

"TiP54 wrote:

Seriously considering selling my PC and just getting a PS4. I just don't game as much as I thought I would for a number of reasons. Cash out while I can. Not interested in XBOX1, PS4 however...

I'm going the opposite direction; considering not buying a new console at all for a while. My PC can handle everything on the horizon for the foreseeable future, and FPS games are better on the PC.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

TiP54TiP54New Member
Oct 21, 2013, 09:59 PM

"Desides wrote:

I'm going the opposite direction; considering not buying a new console at all for a while. My PC can handle everything on the horizon for the foreseeable future, and FPS games are better on the PC.

Preaching to the choir here :lol:

I just don't play enough to justify the money i've spent on this rig. Put it together in May, and all I played is few weeks of BF3 and few months of SWTOR. Stopped playing Tor because I was spending too much time playing it. Haven't played anything seriously in over a month, and with my schedule that's coming up, doesn't look like I will get to either.

I might throw it on craiglist and see if I can salvage some moneys for it.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 22, 2013, 10:00 AM

Not sure how a console will be lighter on your gaming schedule than a PC, though. And you still need a computer for non-gaming tasks.

I don't know, I see consoles as supplementary to PCs now, especially with SteamOS on the way.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Oct 24, 2013, 10:49 AM

Man, I need to figure out what game(s) I want besides Killzone. When are reviews going to come out? Looking at NBA2k, Madden, and Knack as my options probably.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Oct 24, 2013, 11:35 AM

Just Dance 2014? :couch:

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

finyank13finyank13New Member
Oct 24, 2013, 01:23 PM

"Stitches wrote:

Man, I need to figure out what game(s) I want besides Killzone. When are reviews going to come out? Looking at NBA2k, Madden, and Knack as my options probably.

I have a list from GamStop and I keep looking at it every night...It is like trying to figure out a fantasy football lineup on bye weeks.....

I haven't played basketball in years.....2k sounds good....I like looking at graphics in sports games too, because generally they are fast moving you know?

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Oct 24, 2013, 11:10 PM

If you pre-order Drive Club on amazon, you can get $10 off Knack or Killzone. You can always cancel your pre-order too. Not sure how long this glitch will last, since it really should only apply to existing pre-orders.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

Not So FastNot So FastForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2013, 11:23 PM

"finyank13 wrote:

I have a list from GamStop and I keep looking at it every night...It is like trying to figure out a fantasy football lineup on bye weeks.....

I haven't played basketball in years.....2k sounds good....I like looking at graphics in sports games too, because generally they are fast moving you know?

http://youtu.be/GJlptY6G4SQ

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Oct 26, 2013, 01:43 PM

Lucked out, and should be getting NBA2k14 for $45.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

jpep13jpep13Supporter
Oct 28, 2013, 02:28 AM

Just got this today, customizing my players so far, haven't played it yet, **** looks real

"Not So Fast wrote:

http://youtu.be/GJlptY6G4SQ

jpep13jpep13Supporter
Oct 28, 2013, 02:31 AM

wanted to either get the PS4 or xbox one, my wife's nephew in Brazil gave my son the PS3 Slim 120 gb, we are newbies

finyank13finyank13New Member
Oct 28, 2013, 03:06 PM

"Not So Fast wrote:

http://youtu.be/GJlptY6G4SQ

lol at Davis's unibrow.......

this game is illlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll........they got how Bron throws is down toatee....

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

Not So FastNot So FastForum Veteran
Oct 28, 2013, 03:55 PM

A few comparison shots between current gen 2k (left) and next gen 2k (right):

Not So FastNot So FastForum Veteran
Oct 28, 2013, 04:01 PM

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Oct 28, 2013, 04:34 PM

Wow, that's quite the difference IMO. I know they're using an entirely different engine.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 28, 2013, 05:23 PM

Really makes you want to facepalm the next time someone says the next gen isn't that big an improvement.

That said, jerseys still seem to be stuck on an invisible forcefield surrounding the players' bodies.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister