Tags:
  1. Finsfan333 New Member

Oct 22, 2009
    I have been one of the biggest ginn haters since last year but i must say he didnt look bad at all last game , BUT thats just one game but ANYWAYS

My question is why throw 15 screen passes to BESS?

Honestly i'de like to see that screen play thrown to ginn , our fastest player..

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I love Bess but he never breaks a tackle. NEVER. So I agree, it's a nice play every now and then but they run it way to much. I also agree that they should try to get the ball in Ginn's hands more.

dolfan7171 and PhiNomina like this.
  3. PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    On passes thrown behind the line of scrimmage, Bess averages 5.5 yards - more or less a very effective run play.

But I agree - Bess' longest play on these screens is 14 yards; we don't seem to get big yardage out of these plays like other teams.

(After a quick check - Ginn's career long on these plays is 15 yards - he averaged about 8 yds per attempt in 07 but has been very pedestrian since. Bess has about as many passes behind the LOS this year as Ginn does in his 3 year career.)

Love to see Hartline get some chances - he has a mix of strength and speed that could be deadly.

eric and dolfan7171 like this.
  4. Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Answer: Because Dan Henning is not a good offensive coordinator.

5. Finsfan333 New Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Agreed. Would also like to see it go to hartline rather than bess , AND henning NEEDS TO GO. Theres just so many time throughout the course of our games that you just say ... really ? thats what you call there? REALLY? lol

cant believe we actually still have a chance , better than nothing makes the pitt game interesting atleast imo

dolfan7171 likes this.