Rant...

44 replies

btdickey99btdickey99New MemberOP
Sep 30, 2013, 10:39 PM

Man Tannehill looks like ****... and why the hell is D Thomas ever in the game!!!!

Ronnie BassRonnie BassLuxury Box
Sep 30, 2013, 10:45 PM

Blame the coaches, their play calling and defensive schemes - looking at you prevent defense on 3rd and long - didn't give us much of a chance to win this game.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 30, 2013, 10:47 PM

"Ronnie Bass wrote:

Blame the coaches, their play calling and defensive schemes - looking at you prevent defense on 3rd and long - didn't give us much of a chance to win this game.

10+ years of that has taught me that the prevent never. Ever. Works. Ever.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

btdickey99btdickey99New Member
Sep 30, 2013, 10:49 PM

Another thing is the offense looks good with L Miller out there, we were actually running the ball with success... I actually think the big turn in the game was when the Dolphins had 3rd and an inch and they ran it to the weak side with D Thomas....wtf

btdickey99btdickey99New Member
Sep 30, 2013, 10:51 PM

Oh yea and to add that Nolan Carroll has had 2 TDs scored on him

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 30, 2013, 10:53 PM

And here I'd thought we'd fired the guy

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2013, 10:54 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

10+ years of that has taught me that the prevent never. Ever. Works. Ever.

The prevent defense. Which we all know...prevents NOTHING. And RB mismanagement. Some things never change.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 30, 2013, 10:55 PM

On pace for 72 QBs sack this year.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2013, 10:56 PM

And one of these years they will learn to stop the screen pass as well as exececute it themselves.

muscle979muscle979Forum Veteran
Sep 30, 2013, 10:58 PM

Yeah the coaching has definitely been poor in this one.

LimboLimboForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2013, 11:06 PM

I can give Tanny a bit of a pass. His OLine blows, the run game is inconsistent, and Mike WAllace is NONEXISTENT. The guy is a bum in aqua thusfar.

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2013, 11:08 PM

Can they at least make it respectable? I figured we'd lose, but I was thinking a 10 point loss or so. This is just pathetic...I mean, the BUCS were within 2 points of the Saints in the Superdome.

Speaking of the Bucs, maybe we'll finally not get dominated in primetime against them?? Its been a while since we didn't get embarassed in primetime...2009?

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 30, 2013, 11:21 PM

"Dolphins1Beatles wrote:

Can they at least make it respectable? I figured we'd lose, but I was thinking a 10 point loss or so. This is just pathetic...I mean, the BUCS were within 2 points of the Saints in the Superdome.

Speaking of the Bucs, maybe we'll finally not get dominated in primetime against them?? Its been a while since we didn't get embarassed in primetime...2009?

We seem to be the primetime highlight reel for other teams.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

BumrushBumrushSupporter
Sep 30, 2013, 11:25 PM

Tannehill made one bad throw all game. Give it a rest troll

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2013, 11:25 PM

"btdickey99 wrote:

Another thing is the offense looks good with L Miller out there, we were actually running the ball with success... I actually think the big turn in the game was when the Dolphins had 3rd and an inch and they ran it to the weak side with D Thomas....wtf

Yep showed no confidence in the offense can't get 6 inches. stop trying to be smart and run up the gut. That cost us 7. Also the defense play calling is horrible last few weeks. Way to much bend or middle and secondary are playing way to soft

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2013, 11:26 PM

"Bumrush wrote:

Tannehill made one bad throw all game. Give it a rest troll

Your crazy he made more than one bad throw. He also has to get better at protecting the ball. He cost us 15 points himself this game.

Sep 30, 2013, 11:32 PM

Tack on another loss to Ireland's record, FIreland crew !

GunnerGunnerNew Member
Sep 30, 2013, 11:34 PM

Its night like these that I miss being able to hide in the Club Level forums. Oh wait ... I have a job now ... or do I? Awww crap ... I forgot, they are defunding the government at midnight ... guess I am stuck with you animals til they clear that stuff :lol:

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2013, 11:34 PM

I just have one question, did we really improve when we made changes to the linebacker position? Honestly, I rather have Dansby and Burnett.

btdickey99btdickey99New Member
Sep 30, 2013, 11:36 PM

"Limbo wrote:

I can give Tanny a bit of a pass. His OLine blows, the run game is inconsistent, and Mike WAllace is NONEXISTENT. The guy is a bum in aqua thusfar.

I agree with all of this except the run game... Showed a lot of progress until we were getting blown out... And Miller is actually averaging a good yards per carry... I wish they would get rid of Daniel Thomas, they call him a short yardage specialest but he can't even do that

GunnerGunnerNew Member
Sep 30, 2013, 11:38 PM

"btdickey99 wrote:

I agree with all of this except the run game... Showed a lot of progress until we were getting blown out... And Miller is actually averaging a good yards per carry... I wish they would get rid of Daniel Thomas, they call him a short yardage specialest but he can't even do that

He IS a short yardage specialist ... he specializes in gaining as few yards as possible ... to include negative yards

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Sep 30, 2013, 11:43 PM

"Bumrush wrote:

Tannehill made one bad throw all game. Give it a rest troll

I disagree with you and I am no troll.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

TrowaTrowaNew Member
Sep 30, 2013, 11:57 PM

"btdickey99 wrote:

Man Tannehill looks like ****... and why the hell is D Thomas ever in the game!!!!

Turnoverhill*

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Sep 30, 2013, 11:58 PM

To quote Gruden when the game was almost over, "

Tannehill is a work in progress but I really like what I see in him, the Dolphins are 3-1 after 4 games, they got beat by a premier team, Dolphin fans can look forward to good things from this team. I like where they are".

Yeah, we got our asses kicked, but before game 1 most of us here were saying if we got out of the first 5 games at 2-3, we would have a shot at the playoffs or at least a winning season. We are 3-1 and are going to have a fun team to watch this season. Why all the gloom & doom? We just don't have an OL. :angry:

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

PariahPariahNew Member
Oct 1, 2013, 12:00 AM

By title this thread belongs in the rants section.

Nothing good to come out of this but a bunch of haters to pop up.

We lost to a very good team in a very tough place to play, with our best defender on the bench.

3-1 and young. I'm looking ahead already.