Richard Marshall Out For Sunday

70 replies

OghmaOghmaSupporterOP
Oct 5, 2012, 03:39 PM

Per Mando on Twitter

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero
Richard Marshall has been ruled OUT for Sunday. Weak Dolphins secondary gets weaker.

"Where there is no vision, there is no hope"

shourightshourightNew Member
Oct 5, 2012, 03:41 PM

Cue the Vontae Davis comments.

OghmaOghmaSupporter
Oct 5, 2012, 03:44 PM

I think Carroll might be dinged a bit as well

"Where there is no vision, there is no hope"

ANAnonymousSupporter
Oct 5, 2012, 03:44 PM

Now is Nolan Caroll's time to shine.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Oct 5, 2012, 03:45 PM

"shouright wrote:

Cue the Vontae Davis comments.

What like this Vontae Davis comment??

Colts CB Vontae Davis (foot) has been ruled out for Week 5 against the Packers.

Indianapolis will be left with just one viable cover man (Jerraud Powers) against a Green Bay passing attack that's just now starting to heat up. RE/OLB Dwight Freeney (ankle) will be a game-time decision for Week 5. Nickel CB Justin King and ILB Pat Angerer have also been ruled out due to injury.

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

OghmaOghmaSupporter
Oct 5, 2012, 03:47 PM

This was from Berardino on Wednesday:

Mike Berardino ‏@MikeBerardino
Three #Dolphins didn't practice today: LB Kevin Burnett (foot), CB Nolan Carroll (Achilles) and CB Richard Marshall (back)

"Where there is no vision, there is no hope"

Oct 5, 2012, 03:47 PM

More like cue the Andrew Hawkins Show.

To me the big keys to this game would be how well we're able to shut A.J. Green AND Andrew Hawkins down when they have them working off each other a little bit. Losing Marshall as our slot corner could make that a lot more difficult.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

OghmaOghmaSupporter
Oct 5, 2012, 03:54 PM

I've not really seen the Bengals much. What's their passing game like - are we mostly looking at quick drops and short passes?

If that's their game we could be in trouble since that would neutralise our pass rush to some extent.

"Where there is no vision, there is no hope"

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
Oct 5, 2012, 03:59 PM

"Oghma wrote:

I've not really seen the Bengals much. What's their passing game like - are we mostly looking at quick drops and short passes?

If that's their game we could be in trouble since that would neutralise our pass rush to some extent.

I think AJ Green is second in the NFL in receiving right now. Dalton has been terrorizing defenses as of late. No Marshall really, really hurts us.

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Oct 5, 2012, 04:00 PM

well get ready for RJ Stanford

Oct 5, 2012, 04:04 PM

Personally I think the primary beneficiaries of this are Armon Binns and Andrew Hawkins, but Hawkins more so than Binns.

Not REALLY really worried about Stanford. More worried about the step up for Jimmy Wilson. Also a little concerned about the noise we hear about Nolan Carroll fighting some kind of Achilles injury.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

pennphinfanpennphinfanForum Veteran
Oct 5, 2012, 04:04 PM

tannehill on the injury report too for a thumb. I remember this happening in the game too he whacked it on an opposing players helmet after a throw. Knew he'd be hurt

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 5, 2012, 04:05 PM

"finyank13 wrote:

What like this Vontae Davis comment??

Every loss the colts have benefit us tremendously, could be the difference between a bust and a probowl player.

This is good news

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Oct 5, 2012, 04:29 PM

Quick get Benny Sapp on the phone!

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Oct 5, 2012, 04:31 PM

"Anonymous wrote:

Now is Nolan Caroll's time to shine.

Sorry, but I have no idea how Carroll is still playing in the NFL. I am not real high on Marshall, but he is far better than Carroll. I wouldn't be surprised if Dalton has his first 400 yard passing game against Miami's secondary.

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
Oct 5, 2012, 04:49 PM

"BuckeyeKing wrote:

Quick get Benny Sapp on the phone!

No, let's call Toast Buckley !!

jsizzlejsizzleNew Member
Oct 5, 2012, 06:22 PM

It will be the RJ Stanford coming out party!

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Oct 5, 2012, 06:27 PM

"shouright wrote:

Cue the Vontae Davis comments.

WTF not? This is EXACTLY the sort of situation that some of us feared of when the Davis trade was announced. Ireland was stupid for trading him. Said it then, and I say it now.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Oct 5, 2012, 06:31 PM

"MrClean wrote:

WTF not? This is EXACTLY the sort of situation that some of us feared of when the Davis trade was announced. Ireland was stupid for trading him. Said it then, and I say it now.

Why? He wouldn't be playing this week anyways, and the weeks he has he has been unimpressive.

jboogiejboogieForum Veteran
Oct 5, 2012, 06:59 PM

Have we worked out any decent CBs lately? Might be time to pick up the phone.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Oct 5, 2012, 07:09 PM

"Al13 wrote:

well get ready for RJ Stanford

get ready for a blowout.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

NyPhinfanNyPhinfanForum Veteran
Oct 5, 2012, 07:34 PM

"jw3102 wrote:

Sorry, but I have no idea how Carroll is still playing in the NFL. I am not real high on Marshall, but he is far better than Carroll. I wouldn't be surprised if Dalton has his first 400 yard passing game against Miami's secondary.

The running joke while me and my brother are watching the games on Sundays are always seeing the back of Nolan Carroll to the ball and the receiver ALL DAY LONG. One of us yells "Turn around!" He never seems to find the ball. Just watch how many times he has his back to the play

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Oct 5, 2012, 08:02 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Why? He wouldn't be playing this week anyways, and the weeks he has he has been unimpressive.

Just because he got injured in Indy, doesn't mean he would have in Miami. He's been improving every week in Indy, and when he was in Miami he was playing better than he has in Indy.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Oct 5, 2012, 08:03 PM

"jboogie wrote:

Have we worked out any decent CBs lately? Might be time to pick up the phone.

We worked out Alphonso Smith and Aaron Berry but both have since signed elsewhere.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Oct 5, 2012, 08:07 PM

"jboogie wrote:

Have we worked out any decent CBs lately? Might be time to pick up the phone.

"MrClean wrote:

Just because he got injured in Indy, doesn't mean he would have in Miami. He's been improving every week in Indy, and when he was in Miami he was playing better than he has in Indy.

He looked bad in camp also, I'm certainly NOT for Ireland..but he did pretty well in this trade.