Ronnie Brown: signs 1-year deal w/ Eagles

94 replies

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Aug 2, 2011, 05:00 PM

"cdz12250 wrote:

If he becomes a durable running back who hits the hole decisively, lightning-quick for the Eagles, I think I will hang myself.

its clearly the coaching staff then :shifty:

Dr. MookieDr. MookieNew Member
Aug 2, 2011, 05:01 PM

Gonna miss you Ronnie!

TiP54TiP54New Member
Aug 2, 2011, 05:02 PM

When Eagles visit Miami on December 11th, Ronnie will get a round of applause from me.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Aug 2, 2011, 05:03 PM

The grass is sometimes greener on the other side eh? Good Luck RB!

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

The Aqua CrushThe Aqua CrushNew Member
Aug 2, 2011, 05:07 PM

Good decision by RB. He's going into a pretty solid system in Philly. I think he will find some success there. Good luck Ronnie.

Deus ex dolphinDeus ex dolphinForum Veteran
Aug 2, 2011, 05:11 PM

I think Ronnie will be reborn in that offense. He is very capable of giving them a decent short yardage ground game, and should be a nice dump pass option for Vick. I've got no hard feelings, Brown did what he could under some very poor coaching and/or offensive systems.

The Eagles are the most hyped team this year, so who is the underdog team? The one that will "come out of nowhere" to a surprising playoff season (besides the Dolphins I mean :yes:)? I'd go with the Rams, I guess.

A terrible play call, terribly executed.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Aug 2, 2011, 05:12 PM

"Deus ex dolphin wrote:

I think Ronnie will be reborn in that offense. He is very capable of giving them a decent short yardage ground game, and should be a nice dump pass option for Vick. I've got no hard feelings, Brown did what he could under some very poor coaching and/or offensive systems.

The Eagles are the most hyped team this year, so who is the underdog team? The one that will "come out of nowhere" to a surprising playoff season (besides the Dolphins I mean :yes:)? I'd go with the Rams, I guess.

I think the Lions are going to surprise a lot of people.

I do not know if the Rams would be a surprise. They might be able to make the playoffs at 6-10.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

branbranNew Member
Aug 2, 2011, 05:12 PM

hope nothing but the best for ronnie he gave it his all while he was here and was a class act the whole way.

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

NJFINSFAN1NJFINSFAN1Luxury Box
Aug 2, 2011, 05:13 PM

"Muck wrote:

Per Darlington, Eagles, Rams, Chargers and Ravens made offers. Eagles offered the least money.

It's about winning now.

Plus Andy Reid will use his receiving skills unlike we did. Brown will have a very good year. Good for him.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Aug 2, 2011, 05:15 PM

I am surprised it was only for $1 million plus incentives.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

SESeanPSupporter
Aug 2, 2011, 05:16 PM

Sad to see him go, but definitely saw the writing on the wall. Hopefully he plays lights out (except against us) for a long time to come. Guess I gotta hang my RB Jersey up :( Oh well, time to go Jersey shopping for this season!

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Aug 2, 2011, 05:17 PM

Buying jersey's sucks.

I guess I can wear my JT's now and since Zach retired I can wear his.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

NJFINSFAN1NJFINSFAN1Luxury Box
Aug 2, 2011, 05:22 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

Buying jersey's sucks.

I guess I can wear my JT's now and since Zach retired I can wear his.

I only had Brown and Ricky left. I guess its my old Zach Thomas that doesn't fit anymore all year!

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 2, 2011, 05:23 PM

I hope the Philly media manage to get his honest opinion about the situation in Miami now that he has 'left the building'. Espacially about Sparano, Ireland, BMars, Henning and Henne.

FIFinsAreLifeNew Member
Aug 2, 2011, 05:25 PM

and now zach miller signs with the seahawks.....what is our FO doing?? Seriously.

KAKanye WestNew Member
Aug 2, 2011, 05:25 PM

:cry::cry:
I wish him well. Im getting his jersey.....he is my favorite player of all time

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Aug 2, 2011, 05:26 PM

"RonnieBrownTown wrote:

:cry::cry:
I wish him well. Im getting his jersey.....he is my favorite player of all time

His Philly Jersey or his newly discounted Dolphins jersey?

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

jupiterfinjupiterfinForum Veteran
Aug 2, 2011, 05:34 PM

Hey, Ronnie played hard here. He was a solid pick for us, and he gave us some exciting (and boring) plays here. I'll always remember him for his wildcat debut... 5 td's against The Pats was a great day, and his first half of 2007. He was really tearing it up before the ACL.

Bye Ronnie, thanks for the memories and I'm glad you're not going to a crappier team. Have fun winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 2, 2011, 05:40 PM

Here's a quiz question:

Michael Vick, Vince Young, Ronnie Brown, Desean Jackson and LeSean McCoy jog out onto the field and line up in a new Wildcat wrinkle... how do you line up your defense...

BEGIN! 10-9-8-7......

KAKanye WestNew Member
Aug 2, 2011, 05:42 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

His Philly Jersey or his newly discounted Dolphins jersey?

His Philly jersey I have his dolphins jersey

KAKanye WestNew Member
Aug 2, 2011, 05:45 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

With health and decent coaching, he couldn't racked up enough yardage to make him our all time leader. Damn, shame. What a waste of talent.

I know I always saw so much potential in Ronnie. He gave everything he had go this franchise, a number of things happened last season for him not to have a good season.....I hate it. I feel like if he had a good season he would of been resigned

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 2, 2011, 05:46 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

Don't forget Jeremy Maclin.

I remember him, but I wouldn;t put him out there. Need to leave enough spots for big nasties as blockers, plus Maclin's a downfield straight line guy.. not a wildcat dude IMO.

Wildcat is best with versatile runners who can also throw, catch or block in a pinch... not straightline speed WRs who aren;t very physical... so I limited myself to ONE speedster. Desean is better at running with the ball in a crwod (reverse, punt returns etc), so I'd rather he be out there than maclin.

5 Oline.

2 QB/RBs (Young and Vick)
2 RBs (Brown and McCoy)
1 WR

What could happen???

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Aug 2, 2011, 05:46 PM

Besides the regret because I really thought it smart to resign Ronnie to share carries with the rookie the other thing this signing does is make me laugh.

Why?

Because the Eagles are signing Ronnie Brown while they already have Lesean McCoy and commenting that "you can never have to many good backs in this league". At the same time I've been arguing with certain posters on this board that feel going into a season with only a Rookie RB and a broken down 3rd down back is actually a good strategic play.

Funny stuff.

Happy for Brown though.
He's got a great shot at a championship and I'll bet he tears it up this year because of proper usage.

We better have a plan in mind at the RB position and act soon.

RIP Jetssuck

Abbi NormalAbbi NormalNew Member
Aug 2, 2011, 05:47 PM

Congratulations Ronnie

Got a feeling if your healthy you'll be awesome on a real team and make everyone here proud and also put another nail into the coffin of tweedle dumb and treedle dumber...........

Dead organization walking

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Aug 2, 2011, 05:54 PM

Wow, he will have a career high in receptions.