Rumor: Jets getting Asomugha | Glazer: Nnamdi signs with Eagles

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by tkdzak90, Jul 28, 2011.

1. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

They used a high pick on Kyle Wilson. They should be wanting to groom him into being a starter. If their sole intention was Wilson being only just a nickel, then that is too Wanny with Fletcher like.

2. MrClean

That little DarrelleRevis poster kid is probably crying his eyes out into his Cocoa Puffs about now.

3. MrClean

Interesting, Nnamdi and Newman both came into the league in 2003 but the latter is 3 yrs older. If I ever knew that, I'd forgotten it till now.

4. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Not me. With Will Allen back, I like our corners. Alot.

5. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    All I know is the Jets look really bad in this with egg on their feet.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  6. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    You know why those teams attract those players?

Because they're established regimes with an enviable reputation, they're already contending and they're settled at quarterback.

Philly, New England, even the Jets. They're in Super Bowl mode every year now. Say what you want about Sanchez, but the Jets are making zero attempts at replacing him. They believe he's going to keep getting better and there's absolutely no controversy there. Either way, that team is good and everyone knows it.

Like Dave Hyde pointed out, this regime isn't in position to take those kinds of chances on character. We don't have the talent or the leadership yet. And like it or not, South Beach has to be a worry when you're talking about taking chances on character. Lot more distractions down here than many other places.

And who keeps them in line? Who are our leaders? Jake Long, an offensive lineman. That's great, but you need the QB to lead too. Naturally lead. And ours is a quiet guy who lost the coaches and locker room last year. Guys gave up on him. And then the owner neutered all of them.

I don't mean it to be doom and gloom. But we have to realize that these guys aren't in the greatest position. The QB market is pretty bare. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. They don't get Orton and they're failures. They get Orton and they gave up too much for an average QB.

I will say that I like the draft and I like the way they've approached free agency. They chased some guys and got priced out. Happens. But free agency is really just beginning. We'll see what happens.

Just glad the Jets got their hearts broken. :)

7. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    funny as hell. or maybe it's all the alcohol and other substances.

8. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Or they realize he just ain't got it.

He wasn't great last year, was he?

9. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Obviously it's still early, but Wilson was a big disappointment last year. In fact, he was demoted down to dime in favor of Drew Coleman, who just signed with the Jaguars.

Muck likes this.
  10. Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Revis I BELIEVE!

Apr 21, 2010
    New York City
    The Eagles are scary good, and I mean scary good. Cromartie is going to push for about $8-9 million a year, which I don't see the Jets giving him. This team is going to take a big hit. However, we had the best defense with Lito Sheppard starting opposite of Darrelle. I think it's time to pay Braylon and start Kyle Wilson (Stated above). We drafted him to be the #2 corner, not to play the nickle.

We all should be happy that Nnamdi is out of the AFC.

11. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I think as long as Rex Ryan is the coach, the Jet defense is going to be good enough to win a lot of games.

That second corner spot could really hurt like you said. With the Jets already struggling to organically create pressure, we could see some new cracks in that pass defense. Still, you've got Revis and that generally shuts down half the damn field.

12. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    I honestly think Braylon would make a bigger impact than Nnamdi on the Jets. It would be great if Tennessee took Edwards.

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    [​IMG]

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  14. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Oh good, we can dial up our NY hating Rhetoric and have another thread about how it's a ****ty place to live and its crime and it's blah blah blah like we have on here annually.

It's still the best place in the world to live. Capitol of the world.

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009

NYC = overrated.

16. MrClean

I'd hope a team wouldn't give up on a corner after just his rookie season. Was he that bad? Did they make a huge evaluation blunder grading him in the 1st round? I liked the kid in college, so I'm surprised.

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    ROffles @ the jets.

18. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He had issues. Remember he got tore up by Anquan Boldin. I don't know what they're going to do with him though. I liked him coming out, but felt he had some inconsistencies and thought he had some issues going laterally. I felt that stood out again last season.

19. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    and I strike again..............

schmolioot likes this.