Ryan Tannehill
11318 replies
Titans OL looks like Miami's out there this last three drives. Lol...
Both OTs struggling, but that RT is going to get Tannehill killed. He's completely over-matched.
The OC needs to figure that out and get Tannehill on the hoof. 4 credited sacks, but 1 or 2 came off the board due to penalties. It's only half-time.
Tannehill doesn't have much of a chance today.. and when he does it's getting tight.
I think he's already been sacked 5 times and if NO puts up more points that running game won't be able to dictate first and second down.
"Bumrush wrote:
Tannehill doesn't have much of a chance today.. and when he does it's getting tight.
I think he's already been sacked 5 times and if NO puts up more points that running game won't be able to dictate first and second down.
Titans need Pittsburgh to lose and win next week for them to get that wildcard spot.
Jets are currently up by 3 atm.
Ryan with a great TD on the move after Ten continues to run. Pretty crazy what happens when an OC knows how to call a garmplan.
Steelers are limping their way to the end of the season.. conner out.. mason rudolph got subbed in after two devlin hodes picks and then got pulled after a shoulder injury that may end his season, so hes out too..
titans have a real shot at making the playoffs
Watching this Titans game... Tannehill is in complete control out there.
"Vertical Limit wrote:
Steelers are limping their way to the end of the season.. conner out.. mason rudolph got subbed in after two devlin hodes picks and then got pulled after a shoulder injury that may end his season, so hes out too..
titans have a real shot at making the playoffs
If the oline holds, Titans can shock any team in tbe playoffs. Theyd probably face the Chiefs first round and Titans match up pretty good against them
Here comes the drive to win the game.
Lets go Tanny
Saints just went for a fake punt and failed, giving tannehill great field position
How was that not a flag?
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
Wow tannehills receiver caught a long pass and fumbled it after a shoulder hit to the helmet forced him to let go of the ball.. just bad luck and no penalty.
How is that not a penalty on the Saints? He hit the guy right in the head.
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
How was that not a flag?
Was a blow to head and neck of the WR. No idea how that wasn't flagged. Ends up a fumble. Titans' got jobbed there.
"cuchulainn wrote:
Was a blow to head and neck of the WR. No idea how that wasn't flagged. Ends up a fumble. Titans' got jobbed there.
It's the saints and they are a chosen team. Much like Miami the Titans are not and don't get those calls.
Tannehill is 16 of 22 for 237 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs and still might lose..... it is a team game.
Film first, numbers second. If the numbers don’t match what is seen on film, something is likely wrong with the numbers.
"Bumrush wrote:
It's the saints and they are a chosen team. Much like Miami the Titans are not and don't get those calls.
Yep, the refs hold their flags when the team has one of the golden boys.. brady, brees, russell wilson.. soon lamar and patrick mahomes will have that benefit too.
Wait, are we really trying to say the Saints get all the calls from the refs? The same Saints team that was kept out of the super bowl last year due to a ref's non call? :lol:
That being said, I'm shocked that wasn't a flag. I'm shocked they said it was a catch too. Seemed bang bang to me, and a hit to the head. Surprised it wasn't incomplete.

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
"Bumrush wrote:
It's the saints and they are a chosen team. Much like Miami the Titans are not and don't get those calls.
Jerome Booger stikes again... that was a clear penalty. https://www.playsmartplaysafe.com/newsroom/videos/nfl-health-safety-related-rules-changes-since-2002/
I agree to an extent on the chosen team thing... Saints were flagged all game for defensive stuff, but that was just blantant.
Separately, the Titans Defense had chances to pick Brees' three times today and lost the ball each time.
Wow.. these Titans games are really interesting to watch! Full disclaimer: I was rooting for the Saints because I like Brees and want him to win. Guy should've been a Dolphin not just once but twice!
Anyway, Tannehill played really well today, and with a 133.6 rating today he'll once again be #1 in passer rating (Brees was #1 after last week) with a rating of 116.5 beating out Brees who is now 115.7. Jackson is still in 3rd place with 113.3. We'll see how Cousins does later.
z-score is now up to 2.28 which corresponds to top 1.2 percentile.
For playoff purposes today wasn't that important. The "must-win" game for Tennessee is next week against Houston. There are still ways to get in if they lose but it's very low probability. If Tannehill ends up #1 in passer rating after next week it will be VERY impressive (I don't care what your surrounding cast is that's hard).
"Well, isn't this familiar..."
-Ryan Tannehill, probably.
Tannehill owns a dozen records as a Dolphin. He's now doing the same for the Titans.
"Tannehill is having the second best season (2003 McNair) for a Titans' QB since 1990 (Moon). Those teams made to the playoffs."
"cuchulainn wrote:
Tannehill owns a dozen records as a Dolphin. He's now doing the same for the Titans.
"Tannehill is having the second best season (2003 McNair) for a Titans' QB since 1990 (Moon). Those teams made to the playoffs."
He's still not playing defense and returning kicks though...he sucks...….
Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”
:rimshot:
"cbrad wrote:
Wow.. these Titans games are really interesting to watch! Full disclaimer: I was rooting for the Saints because I like Brees and want him to win. Guy should've been a Dolphin not just once but twice!
Anyway, Tannehill played really well today, and with a 133.6 rating today he'll once again be #1 in passer rating (Brees was #1 after last week) with a rating of 116.5 beating out Brees who is now 115.7. Jackson is still in 3rd place with 113.3. We'll see how Cousins does later.
z-score is now up to 2.28 which corresponds to top 1.2 percentile.
For playoff purposes today wasn't that important. The "must-win" game for Tennessee is next week against Houston. There are still ways to get in if they lose but it's very low probability. If Tannehill ends up #1 in passer rating after next week it will be VERY impressive (I don't care what your surrounding cast is that's hard).
I saw on TV that the Pitt loss was a big boost to the Titans....so are they in a "win and in" scenario? The standings show them currently in control of the #6 slot; just want to make sure nobody can leapfrog them next week as long as they win (and let's face it, if they lose then they don't deserve the playoff berth anyway).
It's definitely exciting though and I agree...the Titans have been a blast to watch this season. I actually finished the Fins game about 15 minutes ago because I was tuned into the Titans. LOL, I had no idea the Fins went into overtime and all that chaos that ensued!
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
I saw on TV that the Pitt loss was a big boost to the Titans....so are they in a "win and in" scenario? The standings show them currently in control of the #6 slot; just want to make sure nobody can leapfrog them next week as long as they win (and let's face it, if they lose then they don't deserve the playoff berth anyway).
It's definitely exciting though and I agree...the Titans have been a blast to watch this season. I actually finished the Fins game about 15 minutes ago because I was tuned into the Titans. LOL, I had no idea the Fins went into overtime and all that chaos that ensued!
Its win and in...or lose and in, if PIT and IND also lose.
Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”
:rimshot:
"KeyFin wrote:
I saw on TV that the Pitt loss was a big boost to the Titans....so are they in a "win and in" scenario? The standings show them currently in control of the #6 slot; just want to make sure nobody can leapfrog them next week as long as they win (and let's face it, if they lose then they don't deserve the playoff berth anyway).
Yeah it's win and in. Both Titans and Pitt (if they both win) would be tied in terms of conference record as well as the next tiebreaker, best win% in common games, moving it to strength of victory tiebreaker where the Titans have the advantage. If both the Titans and Steelers lose the Titans could get in if the Colts also lose.
What's really amazing though is how this all looks from the point of view of a Raiders fan. This week the Raiders needed 5 things to go their way: Raiders win, Ravens win, Jets win, Saints win and Colts win, all of which have happened or are happening (Raiders still playing). IF next week 5 more things go their way: Raiders win, Browns win, Ravens win, Texans win and Colts win.. then Raiders get in lol. That's also a scenario where Titans and Steelers end up 8-8.
So next week should be seen as a "must-win" for the Titans.