Section 126's Top 20 NFL Media Idiots.

47 replies

Section126Section126Luxury BoxOP
Sep 10, 2010, 09:10 AM

The Sports media in general are just stupid. But the NFL media is special. There is the biggest collection of incompetent, and downright embarrassing personalities in this form of media. If you are not on this list, you are worth listening to.

1. .Peter King (SI, NBC, The Weather Channel, Playboy TV, NBC, etc..)
2. .Jamie Dukes (NFL)
3. .Jason Cole (Yahoo)
4. .Keyshawn Johnson (ESPN)
5. .Trent Dilfer (ESPN)
6. .Terry Bradshaw (FOX)
7. .Chris Berman (ESPN)
8. .Pete Prisco (CBS)
9. .Skip Bayless (ESPN)
10. .Armando Salguero (Miami Herald)
11. .Babe Laufenberg (Dallas local)
12. .Trey Wingo (ESPN)
13. .Michael Smith (ESPN)
14. .Sean Salisbury (XM)
15. .Mike Greenberg (ESPN)
16. .Mike Reiss (ESPN Boston)
17. .Michael Irvin (NFL)
18. .Sid Rosenberg (560 WQAM)
19. .Teddy Bruschi (ESPN)
20. .Ron Jaworski (ESPN)

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

DePhinistr8DePhinistr8Forum Veteran
Sep 10, 2010, 09:13 AM

I'm afraid if I made a list like this, it would never end.

I bet if you took Ron Jaworski off of ESPN and put him on NFL network he'd be much more tolerable. He's a great X's and O's guy, but I think they ask him to amp up the energy a bit.

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Sep 10, 2010, 09:19 AM

All those guys definitely deserve to be on there. I'd also add: Jason Whitlock, Mike Lupica and Jay Mariotti. Oh, and Mitch Albom. He's written one half-decent book (Tuesday's with Maury) and has been milking that **** ever since.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Sep 10, 2010, 09:20 AM

"HardKoreXXX wrote:

All those guys definitely deserve to be on there. I'd also add: Jason Whitlock, Mike Lupica and Jay Mariotti.

those guys are idiots as well......but they aren't "NFL media". they are general sports media holes.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

ANAnonymousSupporter
Sep 10, 2010, 09:27 AM

Hmm, I kind of like Jaws. Jamie Dukes should be number one. I can not stand him.

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Sep 10, 2010, 09:28 AM

All those guys definitely deserve to be on there. I'd also add: Jason Whitlock, Mike Lupica and Jay Mariotti.

those guys are idiots as well......but they aren't "NFL media". they are general sports media holes.

True. I figured since you threw Rosenberg in there these A-holes deserved a mention.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

shaunm000shaunm000Forum Veteran
Sep 10, 2010, 09:45 AM

So are you a Dp, Jim Rome, and Steven A, Fan?

DolfanTomDolfanTomNew Member
Sep 10, 2010, 09:47 AM

"Section126 wrote:

The Sports media in general are just stupid. But the NFL media is special. There is the biggest collection of incompetent, and downright embarrassing personalities in this form of media. If you are not on this list, you are worth listening to.

1. .Peter King (SI, NBC, The Weather Channel, Playboy TV, NBC, etc..)
2. .Jamie Dukes (NFL)
3. .Jason Cole (Yahoo)
4. .Keyshawn Johnson (ESPN)
5. .Trent Dilfer (ESPN)
6. .Teddy Bradshaw (FOX)
7. .Chris Berman (ESPN)
8. .Pete Prisco (CBS)
9. .Skip Bayless (ESPN)
10. .Armando Salguero (Miami Herald)
11. .Babe Laufenberg (Dallas local)
12. .Trey Wingo (ESPN)
13. .Michael Smith (ESPN)
14. .Sean Salisbury (XM)
15. .Mike Greenberg (ESPN)
16. .Mike Reiss (ESPN Boston)
17. .Michael Irvin (NFL)
18. .Sid Rosenberg (560 WQAM)
19. .Teddy Bruschi (ESPN)
20. .Ron Jaworski (ESPN)

Take the "8" away from Sid Rosenberg's "18" and you might be on to something!

Please join us for the #BillsMafiaTakeover, 9/14 in Buffalo!!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/433589416780504/

Follow me @Hotstover

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 10, 2010, 09:50 AM

Trent Dilfer should be #1 on that list though.

Emmitt Smith is missing.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2010, 09:54 AM

21. Tim Graham

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Sep 10, 2010, 10:28 AM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Trent Dilfer should be #1 on that list though.

Emmitt Smith is missing.

Emmitt got canned..if not, he would be #1.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2010, 10:58 AM

I'd add Mark Cannizzaro of the NY Post to that list. Total and complete Jets homer who picks them to win EVERY week, and 9 times out of 10 makes them his "best bet".

Falls for the hype every year and proclaims them ready for the super bowl, then tears them to pieces when the inevitable crash and burn occurs.

Hysterical.

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Sep 10, 2010, 11:13 AM

"DolfanTom wrote:

Take the "8" away from Sid Rosenberg's "18" and you might be on to something!

:lol:

Funny but no need to.

You have to be relevant NFL media member to be that high on the list of Idiots.

Sid is a legend in his own mind and nowhere else.

RIP Jetssuck

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Sep 10, 2010, 11:27 AM

"HardKoreXXX wrote:

All those guys definitely deserve to be on there. I'd also add: Jason Whitlock, Mike Lupica and Jay Mariotti. Oh, and Mitch Albom. He's written one half-decent book (Tuesday's with Maury) and has been milking that **** ever since.

Jay will beat the **** out of you for saying this.

and agreed about Albom...he just sucks and makes things up.

jupiterfinjupiterfinForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2010, 11:41 AM

Rodney Harrison was on TV last night for NBC, you should add him to your list on basic principal.

Also, Teddy Bruschi. F him.

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed he was already on. Good list sec.

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2010, 12:10 PM

Agree with the whole list.

Except...who's Teddy Bradshaw?

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Sep 10, 2010, 12:29 PM

Yeh....I kinda liked Jaws...sometimes he gets a bit hokey....but all in all he I can tolerate.

I like all of the Fox Football guys....for the most part I think they are the best. Really like Howie, Jimmy, Bradshaw, I think their dynamic works very well.

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

FEfeldsparForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2010, 12:38 PM

"Section126 wrote:

The Sports media in general are just stupid. But the NFL media is special. There is the biggest collection of incompetent, and downright embarrassing personalities in this form of media. If you are not on this list, you are worth listening to.

1. .Peter King (SI, NBC, The Weather Channel, Playboy TV, NBC, etc..)
2. .Jamie Dukes (NFL)
3. .Jason Cole (Yahoo)
4. .Keyshawn Johnson (ESPN)
5. .Trent Dilfer (ESPN)
6. .Teddy Bradshaw (FOX)
7. .Chris Berman (ESPN)
8. .Pete Prisco (CBS)
9. .Skip Bayless (ESPN)
10. .Armando Salguero (Miami Herald)
11. .Babe Laufenberg (Dallas local)
12. .Trey Wingo (ESPN)
13. .Michael Smith (ESPN)
14. .Sean Salisbury (XM)
15. .Mike Greenberg (ESPN)
16. .Mike Reiss (ESPN Boston)
17. .Michael Irvin (NFL)
18. .Sid Rosenberg (560 WQAM)
19. .Teddy Bruschi (ESPN)
20. .Ron Jaworski (ESPN)

Skip Bayless should be #1 IMO. He's just whiny and intolerable. Sean Salisbury would be close, but I don't see him anymore; I think he e-mailed a picture of his penis to the wrong woman.

Steven A. Smith is among the most arrogant person in the sports media. I can't stand to look at him.

I think Terry Bradshaw is an acquired taste. I happen to like him. He has fun with it. Trent Dilfer isn't too bad, comparatively speaking; neither is Ron Jaworski or Chris Berman.

You forgot Dennis Miller. What the hell was he ever doing in that booth? Tony Kornheiser, too. I can't stand Dan Dierdorf, either...or Joe Buck, Randy Cross, etc.

FEfeldsparForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2010, 12:41 PM

How about Jimmy Johnson? He's been taking Extenz, so I guess now he's an even bigger dick.

jetssuckjetssuckNew Member
Sep 10, 2010, 12:46 PM

Great list but no Deion Sanders?

JS

ALalen1New Member
Sep 10, 2010, 12:49 PM

Is it wrong that I like reading Peter King's columns? I read MMQB quite often.

What's wrong with Jaworski? He seems like a nice guy and he's always explaining things. I appreciate that. I'd rather him do what he does than have someone like Mike Tirico ramble on about irrelevant stuff.

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Sep 10, 2010, 12:54 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Is it wrong that I like reading Peter King's columns? I read MMQB quite often.

What's wrong with Jaworski? He seems like a nice guy and he's always explaining things. I appreciate that. I'd rather him do what he does than have someone like Mike Tirico ramble on about irrelevant stuff.

I think people dislike King because he knows as much about football as my sister, yet gets paid to write about it.

If you want a laugh, read some of Drew Magary's 'Fun with Peter King' columns on Kissing Suzy Kulber. Pure Gold.

Here's one of my fav's: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2010/08/peter-king-says-everyone-should-sprain-their-ankles.html

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

ALalen1New Member
Sep 10, 2010, 01:00 PM

"HardKoreXXX wrote:

I think people dislike King because he knows as much about football as my sister, yet gets paid to write about it.

If you want a laugh, read some of Drew Magary's 'Fun with Peter King' columns on Kissing Suzy Kulber. Pure Gold.

Here's one of my fav's: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2010/08/peter-king-says-everyone-should-sprain-their-ankles.html

Yeah, I've checked that out. It's hilarious.

He doesn't know a great amount but he provides good information on players and teams IMO. That's the main reason I read his MMQB columns.

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Sep 10, 2010, 01:03 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Yeah, I've checked that out. It's hilarious.

He doesn't know a great amount but he provides good information on players and teams IMO. That's the main reason I read his MMQB columns.

Well, he does give info. I'll grant him that. I like reading his column before I read Magary's, just to see if he makes fun of the things I think he will.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

TEtexasPHINSfanNew Member
Sep 10, 2010, 02:33 PM

I very much dislike Peter King but admit to reading his columns almost regularly - there is usually a lot of good information in there. My beef with him is he clearly isn't a football expert, but rather just a reporter who was lucky enough to be given the keys to the biggest vehicle of media exposure of NFL in the country. I also hate his non-NFL stuff he fluffs his column with - what starbucks he had, some guy on a train he saw, baseball news, and what book about Cricket that just came out that's a "good read".

Jaworski is just annoying; like that little dog that doesn't stop barking.

*