Some nice info for you ppl.

64 replies

SWsweeperNew MemberOP
Jan 9, 2008, 04:14 AM

a few notes ill get the links to tom as i have to go sleep but peter king believes miami will trade its 3rd round pick for Chad Johnson also Gaine (the pro scouting dude from Dallas) has resigned and wont be able to join the dolphins for 7 days but can talk with other teams during that time.

just a few tid bits.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/010908dnspoivr.20af378.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/010908dnspocowbriefs.22ea640.html

well nm i got the links either way. loll

Go for GHOL!

^^^^^^^^^
1st pick

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Jan 9, 2008, 05:11 AM

I agree, thats a whopper of a fish story.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Jan 9, 2008, 05:11 AM

I'd rather trade a 4th round pick for Chad Johnson, being the first pick in the 3rd round is pretty valuable as it's the first pick in the second day.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Jan 9, 2008, 05:16 AM

eh speculation nothin solid yet

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jan 9, 2008, 05:23 AM

I'm not a huge Chad Johnson fan but he and Ginn would combine to make a pretty nice 1-2 punch of playmakers.

PAPassrusherNew Member
Jan 9, 2008, 05:26 AM

Isn't Chad Johnson a self centered lockerroom cancer? If so then Parcells wouldn't want him. He's like a mini Terrell Owens

Football is the ONLY sport

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Jan 9, 2008, 06:00 AM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

I don't understand where this assumption comes from. Chad is all about football and he's all about getting the ball in the end zone. Chad knows he's great and he knows the best way to get the ball passed the goal line is through him. He's a great receiver and a terrific student of the game; he would work perfectly under Parcells.

I think Chad Johnson would be just fine too. I believe Johnson quit doing his touchdown dances during the season because the Bengals weren't winning. I remember hearing that from a press conference or something. Sounds to be like he's a decent guy, just wants to play somewhere other than Cincinatti at the moment.

feelthepainfeelthepainNew Member
Jan 9, 2008, 07:08 AM

I think Chad's too old to spend a third, especially a high third. I'll pass.

late againlate againNew Member
Jan 9, 2008, 07:42 AM

"feelthepain wrote:

I think Chad's too old to spend a third, especially a high third. I'll pass.

We just got a 2nd for Chambers. Who has accomplished more in their respective 7 years in the NFL? That's right, they're both 29 and both 7 year vets. Johnson has roughly 2,000 more career yards than Chambers.
Looking at it from purely a value based standpoint. If we get a 2nd for Chambers and give up a 3rd for Johnson we came out ahead.

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jan 9, 2008, 07:44 AM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

Yeah it was that interview with Keyshawn Johnson when Key asked why he wasn't doing the dances any more Chad's exact quote was, "What is there to celebrate?" That right there shows you that winning is the most important thing to this guy. People figure that because he yells and screams that he's automatically a bad guy when the truth is he wants to win so badly that he can't hide his emotions.

Agreed. Watch the interview and you will be convinced that he has the team's best interests in mind first. WRs are generally arrogant, and $#@ky, as long as they don't become a detriment to the team. I think Chad has earned plenty of respect from his teammates in that regard.

I'm no profiler for the FBI or anything, but just look at this man's sincerity....it is clearly evident.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=siIkMT25ImQ

sabanhatersabanhaterNew Member
Jan 9, 2008, 09:37 AM

well.... it's apparent that Chad and Keyshawn wouldn't work out to well as team mates.

Dolphins77Dolphins77New Member
Jan 9, 2008, 09:42 AM

Ocho Cinco, Ginn, Lobook in the slot

Nastiest receiving corp in the NFL

FineasFineasLuxury Box
Jan 9, 2008, 09:48 AM

"feelthepain wrote:

I think Chad's too old to spend a third, especially a high third. I'll pass.

You really don't believe Chad Johnson is worth a 3rd? WOW. Talk about overvaluing draft picks. . . .

:bighug: Toonie Luvs Ya

SMOKESMOKEForum Veteran
Jan 9, 2008, 09:50 AM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

Nevermind, it's right here.



WOW! I'm officially PUMPED!


Don't get too excited, it's only one mans opinion. I don't see it happening myself, at least not for a 3rd rounder. If we got a 2nd round pick for Chambers then I can't imagine the Bengals taking a 3rd for a guy who is worlds better.

MrtreeMrtreeForum Veteran
Jan 9, 2008, 09:56 AM

Anything can happen, but I'll believe it when I see it. Everything I have heard so far just sounds like media speculation.

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Jan 9, 2008, 09:58 AM

"sabanhater wrote:

well.... it's apparent that Chad and Keyshawn wouldn't work out to well as team mates.

Cousins being Cousins....family discuss issues like that. Chad was in his element and wanted to continue the discussion.

And a 3rd round this year (64th pick) would be perfect value (perhaps leaning toward a better deal for Miami) for him. No way the 64th pick equals NFL starting value this year to what he would bring.

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

PMZQPMZQNew Member
Jan 9, 2008, 10:07 AM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

I think Chad Johnson would be just fine too. I believe Johnson quit doing his touchdown dances during the season because the Bengals weren't winning. I remember hearing that from a press conference or something. Sounds to be like he's a decent guy, just wants to play somewhere other than Cincinatti at the moment.

And of course Miami is his hometown.....

LinusLinusSupporter
Jan 9, 2008, 10:10 AM

Aren't Keyshawn and Chad Johnson cousins?

Anyway, I'd be all for this trade (if it were even possible). It's a real, proven playmaker for a third rounder, who could end up being a bust. Add on the fact that we got a second for Chambers, who can't really be compared to CJ in my eyes. Also, if we're going to try to help any young qb mature, whether it be Beck or someone new in the future, it would definitely be good to get a player who will make plays for them and get open all the time.

I do think a third rounder is important to a team who is rebuilding, but I also think that passing up a great receiver, who isn't as old as everyone is making him out to be, would be a mistake. This is all speculation anyway, and the Bengals probably wouldn't make the trade either, but it is fun thinking about it!

phinpheverphinpheverNew Member
Jan 9, 2008, 10:11 AM

"sweeper wrote:

a few notes ill get the links to tom as i have to go sleep but peter king believes miami will trade its 3rd round pick for Chad Johnson also Gaine (the pro scouting dude from Dallas) has resigned and wont be able to join the dolphins for 7 days but can talk with other teams during that time.

just a few tid bits.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/010908dnspoivr.20af378.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/010908dnspocowbriefs.22ea640.html

well nm i got the links either way. loll

Provide the link to the Peter king story.

Ronald Reagan:
"The nine most terrifying words in the English
language are, 'I'm from the government and
I'm here to help.' "

emocomputerjockemocomputerjockNew Member
Jan 9, 2008, 10:22 AM

"phinphever wrote:

Provide the link to the Peter king story.

I believe it was last week's MMQB article on SI. Might not mean much, but I vouch that King stated that it was a possibility in his mind that the Dolphins traded for 85.


Many thanks to the awesome staff and members of the site, all of whom contribute tirelessly to an incredible Dolphins fansite.

ACAccordon13zNew Member
Jan 9, 2008, 10:24 AM

Honestly I cant believe this is even in question! For a 3rd? Chad belongs down here and im sure he'll fit right in talking trash to the other team along side Porter (and I mean this in a good way). I've seen him completely destroy DB's and leaving them standing in their puddle of drewl. With the threat of Ocho Cinco on the outside that would: 1. Instantly create more running room for our average (at best, w/o Brown) running game. 2. Make Ginn much better simply because all eyes on Johnson. 3. Give Beck some one to throw too that isnt allergic to the ball. 4. Make games a whole lot funnier. Even if he has 5 yrs of being a spectacular reciever left and 3 yrs of fading into black, that is still worth one 3rd rounder. Now the problem is I doubt the Bengals are interested.

Update: I have changed Lemon to Beck. My mistake I got caught up. LOL

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Jan 9, 2008, 10:26 AM

"Accordon13z wrote:

Honestly I cant believe this is even in question! For a 3rd? Chad belongs down here and im sure he'll fit right in talking trash to the other team along side Porter (and I mean this in a good way). I've seen him completely destroy DB's and leaving them standing in their puddle of drewl. With the threat of Ocho Cinco on the outside that would: 1. Instantly create more running room for our average (at best, w/o Brown) running game. 2. Make Ginn much better simply because all eyes on Johnson. 3. Give Lemon some one to throw too that isnt allergic to the ball. 4. Make games a whole lot funnier. Even if he has 5 yrs of being a spectacular reciever left and 3 yrs of fading into black, that is still worth one 3rd rounder. Now the problem is I doubt the Bengals are interested.

Beck is the correct spelling.

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

MrtreeMrtreeForum Veteran
Jan 9, 2008, 10:28 AM

"BigDogsHunt wrote:

Beck is the correct spelling.

LOL yeah Lemon's a goner. Especially since in his press conference Parcells referred to them as Beck and "that other guy."

burger13burger13New Member
Jan 9, 2008, 10:36 AM

"feelthepain wrote:

I think Chad's too old to spend a third, especially a high third. I'll pass.

Imagine chad Johnson was thrown into the draft pool this year....where do you think he'd go....top-10? Without a doubt he'd go in the first round. But a high 3rd round pick is too much?? Makes no sense to me. :confused2:

SCSchleprockNew Member
Jan 9, 2008, 10:42 AM

"Linus wrote:

Aren't Keyshawn and Chad Johnson cousins?

yes ........