1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steelers Fan Coming In Peace

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mejeris, Oct 25, 2010.

1. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Fair enough, and you are representing your team well.

There was another "Gentleman" who follows your team in here last week. He was not nearly so civil.

I have met many many Stillers fans. You are by far the best natured I have encountered. Refreshing!

2. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Stoke people and stir the pot just a bit. Then do it again. You are my hero.

3. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I agree that we coached that game like an underdog hoping for a break, thats a fair statement. We did not go for the throat after those turnovers and we did not challenge the Steelers deep. Granted the Steelers defense is great and we were playing a close game so maybe a mistake or two would have killed the game for us but I could live with that more than sitting around afterwards hoping we had the guts to go for it. I would have loved to see a deep pass for Marshall in the endzone, honestly even if it was just a jumpball its worth a shot, he's that good.

The refs handled the call about as bad as you could handle it. They should formally be reprimanded by the league.

4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I can almost GUARANTEE you it is swept under the rug totally and completely ASAP!!!

MrClean, Ozzy and adamprez2003 like this.
  5. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    right back at ya. We are as physical a team as you will meet. I think the Ravens and Titans comparisons are spot on. That's exactly the type of team we are building

you just answered your own question. It was clear that Henne was intimidated by some of the coverages you were dropping back. Its hard to tell on television but my guess is you were flooding the passing lanes and daring him to try to squeeze a pass in there. Henne clearly played to protect the ball and I think that is a smart strategy for a second year QB to have against a Lebeau type defense. Otherwise you get a Vince Young performance in all likelihood. Considering he had that type of performance just two games earlier its better for the coaching staff to have him play it safe rather than risk another meltdown. Young QBs need to have their confidence protected. Break a young QBs confidence and you may never get it back. Year three they will let him loose. This year its about nurture and grow

Once again 2nd year QB, Personally I think he has a chance to be better than Roethslisberger. I think Big Ben will be better at the big play but Henne if he continues to grow and reaches his potential will pick you apart with smart safe play. For all the good Big Ben plays he also gives up alot of bad. Eventually you'll have Henne being able to hit the big play on a more consistent basis but without all the negative plays. Anyways thaats the plan I believe. We'll see how it plays out

the line is very good in pass protection, not so good in run. Opposite of last year. Not sure if that was done to help Henne or because of the realization that Ronnie Brown has lost his burst this year and thereby passing would be the more important ingredient

your not. we're the best team in the AFC. Even when we were 1-15 we are the best team in the AFC :tongue2: ON a more serious note, you're playing the best right now but its a long season. Potentially, I think the Titans might be the best but that will depend how Vince Young plays in the playoffs. Ravens and Jets are in the discussion too but they will have to up their game to make the Super Bowl. Patriots I think are a notch below in my opinion due to their inconsistent defense. I will say that if the Dolphins learn to stop shooting themselves in the foot and somehow make the playoffs on a roll, we'll be in the mix. We are incredibly young though so those types of teams tend to be up and down. Consistency is the bane of young players. Once again the coaching staff is coaching to what are players are capable of doing right now. Next year it will open up if Henne progresses and doesnt get confused by complex defensive schemes like yours

As for the other two, its not worth discussing. Whats done is done with the fumble and its time to move on. The white uniforms rant was frankly bizarre. We just wanted to laugh at your black and gold uniforms. Like some bad Italian lacquered furniture :shifty: [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
    ToddsPhins, Ozzy and azfinfanmang like this.
  6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL

Check Saints Report

7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    See Pariah, he stands by his statement that showed some serious ignorance to the ways of the NFL

8. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    i don't know if anyone said it but i think we wear white on every home day game...................................

9. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Lol.

That is by far the awesomest
    example ever. L. That's funny ****! Lol.

Puka-head likes this.
  10. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    Okay now it is okay to call him a big dummy. :yes:

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  11. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    Are you sure? I am still looking for some verification here if we wear white on home games. Is anyone sure of this?

12. Bpk

This is the unfortunate truth, my friend.

The league doesn't like too much attention on questionable officiating because sooner or later those discussions raise the question of gambling money. They need gambling to thrive, but pretend they have nothing to do with encouraging it. Lol.

It's the gambling community that cares most about officiating, and which some claim has an effect on officials at times.

I don't think that was the case here, at all, but the NFL hates too much examination of poor officiating in case it leads to such speculations.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  13. Bpk

How about calling out the statement, not the poster? I mean, those are our own TOS.

If I join the "The moon is made of cheddar cheese" club I expect to be able to express my convictions here.

Feel free to disagree, but you'll feel silly when the sun melts it all over Earth, like a quesadilla.

Ozzy likes this.
  14. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    I love cheese.

15. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    i understand this... but the problem is with every fumble the whistle is blown while the scrum continues... the ref's blow the play dead then try to sort it out... no player in the bottom of the pile lets the ball go no matter what until the pile is disassembled...

saying the play was dead so all of a sudden the steelers players gave the ball to the dolphins is silly...

i understand the rule but its dumb... a player who comes out of the scrum with the ball generally is ruled as having recovered the fumble, now when you add to that the video evidence of that player being the first one to jump on the ball, its pretty obvious who clearly made the recovery...

oh well, it was a hard fought game... we played too conservative in the redzone and that really hurt us early on... 3rd down defense was killer also...

16. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    What jersey we wear depends on the type of year and time of day:

Orange: Home Night Games/Big Primetime Games
    White: Home Games (Summer/Early Fall Weather)
    Teal: Home Games (Fall/Winter Weather)

To answer the question though, us wearing white in the heat has been going on for some time. It's not anything that's cheap. If wearing white in the heat is cheap, so is Buffalo/GB choosing not to build a dome. It's our home field advantage.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  17. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    Thank you to the peanut gallery and might I add - Ditto. You do realize that of the three losses this team has Pittsburgh scored the least amount of points. "Naturally" three of the points being given to the Stealers. Which equates to the same amount of points earned by the last team that lost versus the Dolphins - 20 of the Green Bay Packers.

And might I say that anytime the Dolphins got pressure on your QB he did something stupid. As a matter of fact your quarterback was responsible for 3 fumbles. Two of which were lost and only one was awarded to the correct team. I'm just not sure I can honestly say that you got a championship level QB right now.

The guy that you provided critique? He had zero fumbles and zero interceptions.

Well thank you for the backhand and might I again say DITTO. You do realize that your first paragraph describes the Stealers. Or are you too blind as a fan to see that?

Citing ONE play as your offensive prowess is weak. It was a weak roll coverage leaving the one of the fastest guys in the league one on one. THAT equates our coaching staff to a 9-7 team with 11-5 talent? Poor judgement on your part with that statement.

Basically you are full of BS. It was the difference in the Stealers losing the game. It is the reason why YOUR coach said to the pool of reporters after the game, "Make it quick, the buses are warming up." HE knew (unlike you) that the Stealers had just stolen the game.

I'll just copy and paste my comment to the other moron that doesn't know the difference between black and white.

"What colors do you think we are forced to wear in November, December, and January while playing in New England, Buffalo, and New York? All of them being further north and arctic than that of Pittsburgh.

This whole color thing must be new to you guys. We deal with it every freaking year. Welcome to the AFC East."

djphinfan likes this.
  18. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The Dolphins never wear Teal.

Puka-head likes this.
  19. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Did you notice Hines Ward giving the Head Linesman Jerry Bergman a smile and slap on the butt after the play had been ruled a TD? Like he is saying: Thanks Jerry for the premature TD signal, you my boy!

Bpk likes this.
  20. raylucas

raylucas New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    For the record, I'd be happy if the Fins never wore those uglt teal jerseys. White or Orange. Although, the teal pants/white jersey combo is my favourite.

21. Steven-O

Steven-O F*** the JETS!!

Jun 30, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    you come in peace but your still a moron with #4. sorry bro....

22. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Yeah and the Steelers homefield advantage is having a bunch of toothless trailer trash fans swinging piss-yellow towels around like crackheads.

23. mejeris

mejeris New Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Congratz on the win, guys.

Disnardo, Dolfan984 and djphinfan like this.