TANNEHILL VERSUS THE WORLD: THE IN-DEPTH COMPARISON TANNEHILL’S CRITICS DON’T WANT YOU TO READ
83 replies
New article from Lazaro Montecruz
In the end, it is important to recognize two important points.
The first is that Tannehill was not formed in the mold of either Griese or Marino. He is, instead, far more like Seattle’s Russell Wilson, an athletic QB at his best when moving freely in and out of the pocket. This something Joe Philbin, to his and the team’s detriment, failed to recognize. Thankfully, as previously noted, Gase has already proven to be a much better accessor of Tannehill’s game.
The second, Tannehill is already, without question, the 3rd best QB in Dolphins’ history, and quite frankly, has the untapped talent to climb even higher on that list.
Is this article old?
Wilson is much better from the pocket then when leaving it by the way.
That is a great clickbait title.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
usually when you have to debate about a qb this much, something is wrong
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website
"dirtylandry wrote:
usually when you have to debate about a qb this much, something is wrong
Usually it means they play quarterback.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Usually it means they play quarterback.
Actually a good point. If you go to Packer forums probably not a lot of debate. Tampa forums is sure there are. Luck. Mariota. How about Raiders. After year 1 definitely. Year 2? Carr faded at the end. Last year was pretty damn good.
"jdang307 wrote:
Actually a good point. If you go to Packer forums probably not a lot of debate. Tampa forums is sure there are. Luck. Mariota. How about Raiders. After year 1 definitely. Year 2? Carr faded at the end. Last year was pretty damn good.
basically, you are just guessing.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"jdang307 wrote:
Is this article old?
Wilson is much better from the pocket then when leaving it by the way.
It looks like a lot of that article was written at the start of 2016...although it alludes to being the full season.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
I'm actually tired of reading and debating Tannehill. I just feel the past (based on who we should have drafted or traded for after Tannehill) is a waste of time. I also feel the past performances of him, whether it was himself, the line, the coaching, the run game, no TE, or WRs, is history. Miami has made strides and not sat on their hands. Their FO has changed, their coaching has changed, their personnel has changed and their plans have changed. With this transformation, it is all on Tannehill now. There are no more excuses, whether it is him or not. Jamil Douglas, Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas are gone. We have a team to support him and it is not crazy to expect him to carry us for a game or two. We should expect elite play, because in year 2, Gase has quietly built an offensive juggernaut
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website
"dirtylandry wrote:
I'm actually tired of reading and debating Tannehill. I just feel the past (based on who we should have drafted or traded for after Tannehill) is a waste of time. I also feel the past performances of him, whether it was himself, the line, the coaching, the run game, no TE, or WRs, is history. Miami has made strides and not sat on their hands. Their FO has changed, their coaching has changed, their personnel has changed and their plans have changed. With this transformation, it is all on Tannehill now. There are no more excuses, whether it is him or not. Jamil Douglas, Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas are gone. We have a team to support him and it is not crazy to expect him to carry us for a game or two. We should expect elite play, because in year 2, Gase has quietly built an offensive juggernaut
You're going to debate it and you're going to like debating it!
"danmarino wrote:
You're going to debate it and you're going to like debating it!
Lol. Fine!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website
I don't get the "there's no more excuses" stuff. Injuries can always change what the end result could have been.
Barring injuries, yes, I expect Tannehill to do well. However, there are a myriad of reasons why the team could do worse than last year, that have literally nothing to do with Tannehill.
"dirtylandry wrote:
We should expect elite play, because in year 2, Gase has quietly built an offensive juggernaut
We actually had all the pieces in place last year....it's just a matter of the players realizing that they can take over football games and dominate. We didn't see that at all last season except for Moore's 1st game; that's the attitude Tannehill needs to have though. Just go out and perform.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
We actually had all the pieces in place last year....it's just a matter of the players realizing that they can take over football games and dominate. We didn't see that at all last season except for Moore's 1st game; that's the attitude Tannehill needs to have though. Just go out and perform.
I disagree. I thought we saw that against the 49ers and the Cardinals until he got hurt.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
basically, you are just guessing.
Not a blind guess. Blind Guessing would be me asking you how many people are at this bar right now. You would have to guess with zero available facts.
"resnor wrote:
I don't get the "there's no more excuses" stuff. Injuries can always change what the end result could have been.
Barring injuries, yes, I exect Tannehill to do well. However, there are a myriad of reasons why the team could do worse than last year, that have literally nothing to do with Tannehill.
For me, no more excuses isn't predicate on the team success. Just isolating what Tanny does and seeing individual improvement or not. Now, I'm not in the no excuses camp, but some excuses
"jdang307 wrote:
Not a blind guess. Blind Guessing would be me asking you how many people are at this bar right now. You would have to guess with zero available facts.
A guess is a guess.
I did read comments after the season about Carr being, "not that good" and just a product of having one of the best offensive lines in the league.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
A guess is a guess.
I did read comments after the season about Carr being, "not that good" and just a product of having one of the best offensive lines in the league.
Like a QB player is a football player. But there are good ones, and bad ones. We're really going to get into semantics. Call it what you want. I hypothesized one of the greatest QBs of all time, doesn't have as much debate amongst their fans than other QBs. Call it what you wish.
Well it's not difficult to test. Here are some GB forums:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
http://packerrats.com/forumdisplay.php?9-Green-Bay-Packers
https://www.packerforum.com/forums/packer-fan-forum.20/
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?89-Green-Bay-Packers
Basically the topics have little to do with the QB or it's appreciation of the QB (even entire threads on that), and there's some debate as to how much others benefit from Rodgers. But no QB controversy or anything close to it I can find in ~10 minutes browsing some threads.
So jdang is right here it seems (as in not a lot of critical debate).
Probably one of those things One doesn't even need to verify but good job doing so :D
I've browsed Bengal forums from time to time and the debates there have been eerily similar to here.
Giants fans have had a love/hate relationship with Eli since he's been there. Same goes for Flacco and the Ravens. Thats the best we can hope for, a lot of misery with a bit of glory sprinkled in. And that would not bother me so much if everybody was on the same page.
I have to figure Dalton discussions were even more polarized.
IMO, a lot of fans negative perceptions of Tannehill are due to the media's influence. Most of the media (national and some local) is not high on Tannehill, that, in turn, makes some people think Tannehill isn't good which leads to the debates.
Tannehill is like the anti-Luck in that sense, IMO. Luck and Tannehill have had a very similar career so far stats-wise (sans playoff appearences) as has been proven in prior threads/discussions, yet one is put on a pedestal and the other is spit on... again, most of it is due to media spin.
"KeyFin wrote:
We actually had all the pieces in place last year....it's just a matter of the players realizing that they can take over football games and dominate. We didn't see that at all last season except for Moore's 1st game; that's the attitude Tannehill needs to have though. Just go out and perform.
The line was only intact for 4-5 games
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website
"jdang307 wrote:
I have to figure Dalton discussions were even more polarized.
how that guy is qb still there, if you ask fans, is surprising
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website
