The Dolphins organization is ruining my love of football
40 replies
Been a Dolphins fan my entire life I'm now 45 and after today's game I'd come to it The realization that this front office these coaches and these players are ruining my love of football in general. I was watching a bunch of other games today and it irritated me to no end to see them routinely convert third downs. To see their subpar defenses stop running attacks to see teams with less talent outperform the dolphins. I no longer believe in them and I feel like I'm being held captive. i'm tired of the excuses I'm tired of the inability to address his needs on this team I'm tired of watching Ryan Tannehill get sacked and I'm tired of seeing him look confused.
I don't know what the problem is it seems to change weekend and week out there are so many issues with this team that it's impossible to fix this anytime soon. Our D line constantly gives up running plays of the middle. If we cannot stop the run we will lose every game our defense is not built to stay out there consistently
I guess I'm just trying to say the same thing that everyone else's but I really do feel my love for the game is fading due to this team and the last 12 years of inadequacy with one Saving season where Pennington was here.
I also do not like that coach Gase came out and stated that Ryan Tannehill is his quarterback regardless for the rest of the year he said if you are not performing you will be held accountable I understand that he wants to see Ryan to evaluate him however Ryan needs to be held to the same standards as all other players
It's tough being a Dolphins fan
"Bpk wrote:
Try watching college?
Pffft! My screen went blurry and I read your post as "tried watching college?"
..and I was like ,"no ****, college sucks like the Star Wars prequels."

Thank me if you saw how much you had to read in the opening post and immediately skipped it...

"Dorfdad wrote:
Been a Dolphins fan my entire life I'm now 45 and after today's game I'd come to it The realization that this front office these coaches and these players are ruining my love of football in general. I was watching a bunch of other games today and it irritated me to no end to see them routinely convert third downs. To see their subpar defenses stop running attacks to see teams with less talent outperform the dolphins. I no longer believe in them and I feel like I'm being held captive. i'm tired of the excuses I'm tired of the inability to address his needs on this team I'm tired of watching Ryan Tannehill get sacked and I'm tired of seeing him look confused.
I don't know what the problem is it seems to change weekend and week out there are so many issues with this team that it's impossible to fix this anytime soon. Our D line constantly gives up running plays of the middle. If we cannot stop the run we will lose every game our defense is not built to stay out there consistently
I guess I'm just trying to say the same thing that everyone else's but I really do feel my love for the game is fading due to this team and the last 12 years of inadequacy with one Saving season where Pennington was here.
I also do not like that coach Gase came out and stated that Ryan Tannehill is his quarterback regardless for the rest of the year he said if you are not performing you will be held accountable I understand that he wants to see Ryan to evaluate him however Ryan needs to be held to the same standards as all other players
It's tough being a Dolphins fan
My friend, I feel your pain. We are almost the same age, and we both were pre-teens when Marino started. It is gut-wrenching to watch this team. You are not sure to root for them or for them to just play well and lose. We both know 6-10 or 7-9 just doesn't allow you to re-build properly.
Here is what I think WE should do expect:
1. Have patience with Gase and Grier. The hiring and firing of coaches need to stop. I don't think there is an better alternative, other than Harbaugh
2. Have patience with re-building. It will take 3 years of drafting and developing players, potentially being in the top 5 every year.
3. With regard to patience, there may be no qb in year 1. Or they maybe a qb in year 1 and 2. Miami has to utiliize the power of numbers
4. expect that some stars could be be traded or released because in 3-4 years we may lose them anyway.
5. Expect boring drafts, with lots of linemen and no real splashes in FA
6. Remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website
I feel ya. I don't have the passion for football I used to anymore. There's no reason to when the team I love is never in contention.
"Rick 1966 wrote:
I feel ya. I don't have the passion for football I used to anymore. There's no reason to when the team I love is never in contention.
Yeah but won't you feel guilty when and if they get back to contention? The prudent thing to do is lower our expectations, stay informed and follow, and even watch the games. But to invest your heart, soul and wallet? That can wait. The reality is Miami is one of the worst-run teams in the NFL, next to Cleveland. But there is hope when you see rookie qb's like Prescott and Wentz play well and the injection of optimism it puts in teams. Miami has to have a paradigm shift in their philosophy.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website
Jury is definitely still out with Gase.
I'm not a fan of Tannenbaum so far.
"dirtylandry wrote:
My friend, I feel your pain. We are almost the same age, and we both were pre-teens when Marino started. It is gut-wrenching to watch this team. You are not sure to root for them or for them to just play well and lose. We both know 6-10 or 7-9 just doesn't allow you to re-build properly.
Here is what I think WE should do expect:
1. Have patience with Gase and Grier. The hiring and firing of coaches need to stop. I don't think there is an better alternative, other than Harbaugh
2. Have patience with re-building. It will take 3 years of drafting and developing players, potentially being in the top 5 every year.
3. With regard to patience, there may be no qb in year 1. Or they maybe a qb in year 1 and 2. Miami has to utiliize the power of numbers
4. expect that some stars could be be traded or released because in 3-4 years we may lose them anyway.
5. Expect boring drafts, with lots of linemen and no real splashes in FA
6. Remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.
Except when other organizations turn in around in a year of two. We wasted too much time on Philbin.
The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.
I agree that can be done, but think of the depth and starters Miami needs. It basically had to be rebuilt, offensive line, dline, lb's and corners AND qb. And to top this they cant move on from Suh.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website
"Zach13 wrote:
Jury is definitely still out with Gase.
I'm not a fan of Tannenbaum so far.
You think another coach can do better?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website
"dirtylandry wrote:
I agree that can be done, but think of the depth and starters Miami needs. It basically had to be rebuilt, offensive line, dline, lb's and corners AND qb. And to top this they cant move on from Suh.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And this team is worse than it was last year. What has Gase done that you've liked in the first 5 games? Nothing from my point of view.
The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.
I stopped watching after the Cincinnati game. Theres nothing going on with this team to get me to put in the effort of finding a pill.

Many thanks to the awesome staff and members of the site, all of whom contribute tirelessly to an incredible Dolphins fansite.
It got worse because of personnel decisions. It also got worse because of salary decisions based on those personnel decisions. There were also decisions on personnel years ago that we are paying for, Dion Jordan, Albert and Mike Wallace. Where is Wheeler? Dansby? Marshall? Vernon? Miller? Smith? Davis? There has been a major disconnect in personnel decisions. Who on this team is worth keeping? Jones, Parker, Landry, Tunsil, Howard, Drake, Grant and maybe Alonso. The rest of the team is garbage, suspended, injured or would help if off the team from a cap standpoint. How do you fill your roster with 40+ new players in one offseason?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website
"dirtylandry wrote:
My friend, I feel your pain. We are almost the same age, and we both were pre-teens when Marino started. It is gut-wrenching to watch this team. You are not sure to root for them or for them to just play well and lose. We both know 6-10 or 7-9 just doesn't allow you to re-build properly.
Here is what I think WE should do expect:
1. Have patience with Gase and Grier. The hiring and firing of coaches need to stop. I don't think there is an better alternative, other than Harbaugh
2. Have patience with re-building. It will take 3 years of drafting and developing players, potentially being in the top 5 every year.
3. With regard to patience, there may be no qb in year 1. Or they maybe a qb in year 1 and 2. Miami has to utiliize the power of numbers
4. expect that some stars could be be traded or released because in 3-4 years we may lose them anyway.
5. Expect boring drafts, with lots of linemen and no real splashes in FA
6. Remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.
Exactly what stars do the Dolphins have on their team which might be traded?
Suh can't be traded because no other team in the NFL is dumb enough to take on the contract he signed with the Dolphins.
Jones only has a year left on his contract beyond this year and it is more likely he will leave in free agency than be traded.
Landry is the Dolphins best WR and not a player who is likely to be traded but could leave for more money in free agency when his contract is up.
Tunsil is on his rookie contract for several more years and he is the one young offensive lineman they should start building their line around.
That's about it when you are talking about possible star players on the Dolphins. The rest of the 49 players on the roster are not stars and the vast majority of them would bring absolutely nothing in a trade.
The problem with the Dolphins is they are loaded with starters who would likely be backups on the better teams in the NFL.
I do agree this is going to be a long rebuilding process because this team needs help everywhere. Going into this season I thought it would be at least 2018 before the Dolphins would become a legitimate playoff contender.
After watching the first 5 games and seeing how bad the talent on this team really is. I think a 3-4 year rebuilding job is in order and now it appears it will be at least 2020 before we possibly see this team making a legitimate run at the playoffs.
By the way, this marathon is now entering it's 8th year under the ownership of Ross and we are seeing the Dolphins regress further every year. If this is truly a race, we are at the back of the pack and still losing ground to the rest of the teams in the race.
"jw3102 wrote:
Exactly what stars do the Dolphins have on their team which might be traded?
Suh can't be traded because no other team in the NFL is dumb enough to take on the contract he signed with the Dolphins.
Jones only has a year left on his contract beyond this year and it is more likely he will leave in free agency than be traded.
Landry is the Dolphins best WR and not a player who is likely to be traded but could leave for more money in free agency when his contract is up.
Tunsil is on his rookie contract for several more years and he is the one young offensive lineman they should start building their line around.
That's about it when you are talking about possible star players on the Dolphins. The rest of the 49 players on the roster are not stars and the vast majority of them would bring absolutely nothing in a trade.
The problem with the Dolphins is they are loaded with starters who would likely be backups on the better teams in the NFL.
I do agree this is going to be a long rebuilding process because this team needs help everywhere. Going into this season I thought it would be at least 2018 before the Dolphins would become a legitimate playoff contender.
After watching the first 5 games and seeing how bad the talent on this team really is. I think a 3-4 year rebuilding job is in order and now it appears it will be at least 2020 before we possibly see this team making a legitimate run at the playoffs.
By the way, this marathon is now entering it's 8th year under the ownership of Ross and we are seeing the Dolphins regress further every year. If this is truly a race, we are at the back of the pack and still losing ground to the rest of the teams in the race.
I agree there are not many stars to trade. My point was that anyone that is talented right now could be a waste of time for them and us, the better result is a trade for picks.
Rebuilding starts now. Grier should be evaluating everyone and see what are cap implications. I do hope Miami can make a few moves that can accelerate the rebuilding process. Those moves would be at the core of the team, qb, rb, ol and de. You gotta block, pass , run and rush the passer. Does Miami get a vet qb while they groom a pick?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website
I also think we need a new defensive scheme. This one is supposed to be suited to allow our DE's get sacks but instead its allowing massive running plays from the oposing teams. Were getting no sacks and giving up rushing yards all day to everyone. we need like 2 Vince Wilforks on the line to stuff the run.
I also think we need to play up in the secondary. If they are going to beat us let them work for it on long passes. Instead of giving them slants and 10 yarders that become 60.
I agree we need a rebuilding. Ross needs a real GM and a real Front office that knows talent. His friendships are causing this team to become the old JEts when they sucked for years. Maybe Ross wants that for Tax writeoffs?
"dirtylandry wrote:
I agree there are not many stars to trade. My point was that anyone that is talented right now could be a waste of time for them and us, the better result is a trade for picks.
Rebuilding starts now. Grier should be evaluating everyone and see what are cap implications. I do hope Miami can make a few moves that can accelerate the rebuilding process. Those moves would be at the core of the team, qb, rb, ol and de. You gotta block, pass , run and rush the passer. Does Miami get a vet qb while they groom a pick?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand wanting to trade for picks, but as I pointed out, they just don't have players other teams will want to trade picks for.
If they did decide to trade Landry and Jones, they would only be hurting the rebuilding process by getting rid of two young players who they should be building around, instead of trying to find younger players to replace them.
They really can't trade Tannehill because no team in the NFL is going to take on his contract.
Perhaps they could get a third or fourth round pick for Pouncey. Yet with him coming off his third hip fracture in the last few years, I have to wonder if any team would want to give up a draft pick for him.
Albert is an injury waiting to happen and a late round pick might be a possibility
assuming another team is willing to take on his contract.
Alonso might bring a 6th or 7th round pick and that's about it. Wake should have been traded a couple of years ago and now at his age and coming off injury, I don't see any team trading for him.
As I stated earlier, the Dolphins just don't have players other teams will be willing to trade valuable draft picks for. Of course that is what happens when you have one of the least talented teams in the entire league.
Ditto for me. Same age, same result. same dwindling passion. the first time in 30 years I haven't been passionate for upcoming games. canceled Sunday Ticket (which I've had for about 20 years).
- get rid of Tannebaum
- keep Gase
- start all over and see what Gase can do with some serious purging of talent. (mostly mediocre talent).
testing
"Bpk wrote:
Try watching college?
College football has been SOOOOOOO much more exciting than the NFL this year. It's a no-contest thanks to how bad so many teams have been in the NFL. It's not just the Dolphins which is what's weird. Legitimately good teams like Arizona and Carolina have also come out struggling. The Jets were 10-6 a year ago and now they're 1-4, just like the Dolphins.
I was recently listening to 105.5 which is sports talk here in Clemson and a guy called in with that sentiment. He talked college for about 5 minutes before basically saying "I've got nothing to say about the NFL." There's no way anyone can disagree this year. Every match-up is someone laying an egg.
Meanwhile you've got tons of story lines in the top-25 in college. Thankfully my Tigers are a big part of it but yeah, college football all the way. If you're reliant on just the NFL these days you're doing yourself a big disservice.
Anyhow, I'm 30 so I don't feel quite as mad as some at how things have stagnated in Miami. But I've done 2 things to help me get through these lean times.
First, I've watched college football. That's a big asset when the NFL isn't providing you the kind of excitement and positivity you need to keep going as a fan. You need to have at least somebody you're pulling for that's doing well. For me, that's the Clemson Tigers. I'm an alum so I can claim them, but that also means I'm invested in the ACC as well as the overall top-25. It gives me teams to root for and against so that my teams ultimately makes the ACC Championship Game and/or the National Championship Play-offs.
Second, I studied the game in tandem with draft/FA analysis and fantasy sports. This made me more interested in the NFL as a whole. A game might come on between Cincinnati and Arizona and because the NFL does a great job of hyping every game, you can actually stand to watch it. Either fantasy is motivating you or you want to see certain players or you're just in the mood for football and want to see more competent, well-coached teams compete. Whatever the case, you gotta fall in love with football and have the Dolphins come second to that (at least as long as they're a bottom dweller). When they're on top in another 10 years or whatever, you can be a loud and obnoxious as Pats fans are now! :)
"Dorfdad wrote:
Been a Dolphins fan my entire life I'm now 45 and after today's game I'd come to it The realization that this front office these coaches and these players are ruining my love of football in general. I was watching a bunch of other games today and it irritated me to no end to see them routinely convert third downs. To see their subpar defenses stop running attacks to see teams with less talent outperform the dolphins. I no longer believe in them and I feel like I'm being held captive. i'm tired of the excuses I'm tired of the inability to address his needs on this team I'm tired of watching Ryan Tannehill get sacked and I'm tired of seeing him look confused.
I don't know what the problem is it seems to change weekend and week out there are so many issues with this team that it's impossible to fix this anytime soon. Our D line constantly gives up running plays of the middle. If we cannot stop the run we will lose every game our defense is not built to stay out there consistently
I guess I'm just trying to say the same thing that everyone else's but I really do feel my love for the game is fading due to this team and the last 12 years of inadequacy with one Saving season where Pennington was here.
I also do not like that coach Gase came out and stated that Ryan Tannehill is his quarterback regardless for the rest of the year he said if you are not performing you will be held accountable I understand that he wants to see Ryan to evaluate him however Ryan needs to be held to the same standards as all other players
It's tough being a Dolphins fan
I feel the same. It's like someone keeps cancelling Xmas.
QUIT WALKING TOWARDS THE CAMERA! https://streamable.com/59t0
Time to take advantage of Jerry Jones's man crush on Romo.
This was the first year that I looked forward to the football season moreso because of fantasy than the Dolphins.
"Dorfdad wrote:
Been a Dolphins fan my entire life I'm now 45 and after today's game I'd come to it The realization that this front office these coaches and these players are ruining my love of football in general. I was watching a bunch of other games today and it irritated me to no end to see them routinely convert third downs. To see their subpar defenses stop running attacks to see teams with less talent outperform the dolphins. I no longer believe in them and I feel like I'm being held captive. i'm tired of the excuses I'm tired of the inability to address his needs on this team I'm tired of watching Ryan Tannehill get sacked and I'm tired of seeing him look confused.
I don't know what the problem is it seems to change weekend and week out there are so many issues with this team that it's impossible to fix this anytime soon. Our D line constantly gives up running plays of the middle. If we cannot stop the run we will lose every game our defense is not built to stay out there consistently
I guess I'm just trying to say the same thing that everyone else's but I really do feel my love for the game is fading due to this team and the last 12 years of inadequacy with one Saving season where Pennington was here.
I also do not like that coach Gase came out and stated that Ryan Tannehill is his quarterback regardless for the rest of the year he said if you are not performing you will be held accountable I understand that he wants to see Ryan to evaluate him however Ryan needs to be held to the same standards as all other players
It's tough being a Dolphins fan
Welcome to the club.
I officially gave up on this organization 2 years ago.
All my time and money go to my college program now.
This team has trotted out failure after failure at the most important positions in an organization for years now. GM, Coach and QB. You can't win without quality in those positions. The rebuild is soon to go on 2 decades now. A once proud franchise in shambles and a joke.
RIP Jetssuck
"dirtylandry wrote:
It got worse because of personnel decisions. It also got worse because of salary decisions based on those personnel decisions. There were also decisions on personnel years ago that we are paying for, Dion Jordan, Albert and Mike Wallace. Where is Wheeler? Dansby? Marshall? Vernon? Miller? Smith? Davis? There has been a major disconnect in personnel decisions. Who on this team is worth keeping? Jones, Parker, Landry, Tunsil, Howard, Drake, Grant and maybe Alonso. The rest of the team is garbage, suspended, injured or would help if off the team from a cap standpoint. How do you fill your roster with 40+ new players in one offseason?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be fair most of those free agents looked good again once they left the Dolphins. It wasn't Irelands fault Morano and Average Joe couldn't coach worth a damn unless he picked Joe Philbin. Jury is still out on Howard, Drake and Grant.
The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.