The Official 2011 Boston Red Sox Thread
963 replies
Well they have to win now, I just bought 2 tix to Game 1 of the ALDS about 1/2 hour ago.....
there I made the decision for all of Sox Nation...
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
"Ray Finkle wrote:
Have you seen just how bad the starting pitching has been in September though? Besides Beckett and Lester it's almost a given the other 3 guys won't get past the 5th without giving up 5 plus runs. I've never seen anything like this before. Yes the Sox have a good team but the SPing has been downright bad. I just don't see how they can reverse this. Lackey sucks, he's not going to not suck, ditto for Wakefield and Weiland (who looks like a RPer anyway). I have a little faith in Bedard but it wasn't surprising he didn't last long or do well since he hasn't thrown since Sept 2nd or 3rd. I just don't like the Sox chances as their SPers just don't have room for error and it's asking a lot for any line up to continue to have to score 8 or 9 runs a game. It doesn't matter who the Red Sox are playing if their starters can't get to or out of the 5th inning.
I agree feel bad for Papelbon because the guy has been great all year and unfortunately couldn't hold a lead.
I'm just not having any fun watching these games, they've been pretty tough to watch. It's not good baseball either where they're losing 1 run games but they're playing well.
Wakefield will step up, no worries RF.
"padre31 wrote:
Wakefield will step up, no worries RF.
Wakefield should have retired 4 years ago. I have no faith in him, although he at least is good for about 5 innings of at least 5 run ball. Considering what Lackey, Miller and Weiland prove he's not looking so bad I guess.
I think I would start to get "concerned" now as a Sox fan....if I just watched my best pitcher give it all he has, and still got touched up.....
I still say no worries as you guys will probably get the watered down version this weekend....
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
"finyank13 wrote:
I think I would start to get "concerned" now as a Sox fan....if I just watched my best pitcher give it all he has, and still got touched up.....
I still say no worries as you guys will probably get the watered down version this weekend....
I told you. This has been unbelieveble what's happening. No one can stop the bleeding. It's really been unreal. Beckett didn't even pitch badly last night either, he just hung a curveball to Reynolds and was probably left in an inning too long. I was surprised he came out for the 8th but it was probably due to Bard throwing a lot of pitches the night before.
With that being said the numbers are still in the Sox favor to make the playoffs, although I still don't think they're going to limp in, I think TB is going to win today, and end up going 4-2 vs. Toronto and TB. With the Sox going 2-4 against the Yankees and Orioles.
Hey give Baltimore credit, they didn't lay down at all these past 2 weeks vs. NYY, TB, LAA and Boston.
"Ray Finkle wrote:
I told you. This has been unbelieveble what's happening. No one can stop the bleeding. It's really been unreal. Beckett didn't even pitch badly last night either, he just hung a curveball to Reynolds and was probably left in an inning too long. I was surprised he came out for the 8th but it was probably due to Bard throwing a lot of pitches the night before.
With that being said the numbers are still in the Sox favor to make the playoffs, although I still don't think they're going to limp in, I think TB is going to win today, and end up going 4-2 vs. Toronto and TB. With the Sox going 2-4 against the Yankees and Orioles.
Hey give Baltimore credit, they didn't lay down at all these past 2 weeks vs. NYY, TB, LAA and Boston.
No they are playing the ultimate spoiler right now....
Dude anybody but LAA for me.....if LAA gets the WC, it is over for NY in the first round....bank it....
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
"finyank13 wrote:
No they are playing the ultimate spoiler right now....
Dude anybody but LAA for me.....if LAA gets the WC, it is over for NY in the first round....bank it....
I'd like to say that LAA's chances are pretty silm but they're only what 2.5 games out? That's still a lot of ground to cover in 7 games but they certainly have the pitching to win out. Again it cames right back to pitching. With even average starting pitching the Sox would have probably clinched a playoff spot already. It all comes back to pitching, it's just so important. Give me the arms, always.
"Ray Finkle wrote:
I'd like to say that LAA's chances are pretty silm but they're only what 2.5 games out? That's still a lot of ground to cover in 7 games but they certainly have the pitching to win out. Again it cames right back to pitching. With even average starting pitching the Sox would have probably clinched a playoff spot already. It all comes back to pitching, it's just so important. Give me the arms, always.
dude they have the same record as TB....2 out of the WC....and after today (Toronto) they play Oakland at home.....come on Boston you gotta win a few here...
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
So day off good or bad Fink....?
These guys musy be stewing right now, but as well a little shocked I would think no?
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
"finyank13 wrote:
So day off good or bad Fink....?
These guys musy be stewing right now, but as well a little shocked I would think no?
When you're going bad a day off is always welcomed in my opinion. Let the players rest up, recharge the batteries a bit, spend the off day doing non-baseball stuff, just relax. I also think getting out of Boston is good for them too, although New York is probably the 2nd worst place to go to right now. But at least it makes it easier for them to ignore what's happening around them.
"Ray Finkle wrote:
When you're going bad a day off is always welcomed in my opinion. Let the players rest up, recharge the batteries a bit, spend the off day doing non-baseball stuff, just relax. I also think getting out of Boston is good for them too, although New York is probably the 2nd worst place to go to right now. But at least it makes it easier for them to ignore what's happening around them.
They always play well in NY too...weather doesn't look good though...cuz you know thats all these teams need right now...
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
"Ray Finkle wrote:
I told you. This has been unbelieveble what's happening. No one can stop the bleeding. It's really been unreal. Beckett didn't even pitch badly last night either, he just hung a curveball to Reynolds and was probably left in an inning too long. I was surprised he came out for the 8th but it was probably due to Bard throwing a lot of pitches the night before.
With that being said the numbers are still in the Sox favor to make the playoffs, although I still don't think they're going to limp in, I think TB is going to win today, and end up going 4-2 vs. Toronto and TB. With the Sox going 2-4 against the Yankees and Orioles.
Hey give Baltimore credit, they didn't lay down at all these past 2 weeks vs. NYY, TB, LAA and Boston.
Teams like that motivate themselves by trying to ruin things for their superior rivals. And they were probably pretty driven to avoid 100 losses.
If there was no NFL today, I may have gone crazy on some household items.
"GreenMonster wrote:
If there was no NFL today, I may have gone crazy on some household items.
ehh hang in dude....it is all about making it to the postseason....
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
Ugh I don't think this team is going to make it. I just don't get it. Every SP has turned to crap and they're making too many mental and physical mistakes. This team is an embarrassment.
yeah when u cant beat Burnett it is bad.....
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
I love Jacoby Ellsbury and Jonathan Papelbon. Those two guys may have saved the Sox season. Up 1 game with 3 to play, I think if they take 2 out of 3 from Baltimore they should win the WC. It's on Beckett tonight to hopefully pitch a CG gem or for the offense to score 10 plus runs, either or.
"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:
It's over. Stick a fork in them.
:pity:
"Ray Finkle wrote:
I love Jacoby Ellsbury and Jonathan Papelbon. Those two guys may have saved the Sox season. Up 1 game with 3 to play, I think if they take 2 out of 3 from Baltimore they should win the WC. It's on Beckett tonight to hopefully pitch a CG gem or for the offense to score 10 plus runs, either or.
Yeah got to question what the hell Joe was doing leaving Romine in to hit against Pap.....
Well here it is Sox Nation, win and you are in....against a bad team....and spare me the "ohh they are hot" line.....guys it is Baltimore enough now...
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:
They're still done.
How so....? Beckett and Lester in a short series is brutal...
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
"finyank13 wrote:
:pity:
Yeah got to question what the hell Joe was doing leaving Romine in to hit against Pap.....
Well here it is Sox Nation, win and you are in....against a bad team....and spare me the "ohh they are hot" line.....guys it is Baltimore enough now...
Problem is is if Joe pinch hits for Romine who's going to catch? Posada? Because if he took Montero behind the plate he'd lose the DH spot. But really the Yankees weren't really playing to win or Jeter and Arod would have pinch hit in the late innings. Winning is meaningless for the Yankees right now, just keeping/getting everyone healthy and them getting their work in is more important. With that being said if they want to sweep Tampa Bay or at the very least take 2 of 3 I won't mind.
"Ray Finkle wrote:
Problem is is if Joe pinch hits for Romine who's going to catch? Posada? Because if he took Montero behind the plate he'd lose the DH spot. But really the Yankees weren't really playing to win or Jeter and Arod would have pinch hit in the late innings. Winning is meaningless for the Yankees right now, just keeping/getting everyone healthy and them getting their work in is more important. With that being said if they want to sweep Tampa Bay or at the very least take 2 of 3 I won't mind.
so are you a Yankee fan again Fink?
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
"finyank13 wrote:
so are you a Yankee fan again Fink?
Sorry I didn't respond to you quicker I was too busy watching *61 while getting a DJ3K tattoo. Does that answer your question?
Wow that's cold man......cold....at least stay with her until she beats it...
SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
john lackey, divorcing cancer-stricken wife (via TMZ), complains about timing of text from media. poor baby.
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod