****The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread****
11957 replies
Long as we keep Cleveland from the Finals..then see what happens
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele
"Alex44 wrote:
I don't really think that is entirely fair. You can never guess who will get hot/cold or what injuries there may be etc. Though I would say they will be the favorite.
It might not be fair, but it's honest.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
It might not be fair, but it's honest.
Not really...crap happens during the season that impacts that. Some guys disappear on the big stage, some guys will have games they could never replicate in their lives, etc.
It's entirely fair to say they will be the favorites but you can't hand out the trophy.
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
"Alex44 wrote:
Not really...crap happens during the season that impacts that. Some guys disappear on the big stage, some guys will have games they could never replicate in their lives, etc.
It's entirely fair to say they will be the favorites but you can't hand out the trophy.
We will revisit this conversation in one year.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
We will revisit this conversation in one year.
Sure, but you're acting like I'm saying they aren't "likely" to win. Huge difference in that and saying it isn't a foregone conclusion.
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
What I see is a team that doesn't have a single Center under contract as of now. I see a team that, by its actions, still doesn't value a true Center on this roster and still thinks they can play just like last year, but without LeBron.
And if that's true, if all we go into the season with is Birdman, as much as I like him—and Oden, whom we don't know can contribute big—and maybe Justin Hamilton...then it's gonna be a long ****ing season.
"NaboCane wrote:
What I see is a team that doesn't have a single Center under contract as of now. I see a team that, by its actions, still doesn't value a true Center on this roster and still thinks they can play just like last year, but without LeBron.
And if that's true, if all we go into the season with is Birdman, as much as I like him—and Oden, whom we don't know can contribute big—and maybe Justin Hamilton...then it's gonna be a long ****ing season.
Jesus H. Christ...you just mentioned three centers (most teams carry two)...how many do you want?
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
BTW guys...the night before the Decision 2.0 was insane..I will post what I was told that night. There was some interesting stuff and one source of mine nailed the story. ALL of the Miami based people were completely fooled.
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
"Section126 wrote:
BTW guys...the night before the Decision 2.0 was insane..I will post what I was told that night. There was some interesting stuff and one source of mine nailed the story. ALL of the Miami based people were completely fooled.
i love juicey details early on a Sunday afternoon...Im anxiously awaiting your post!
"Finfangirl wrote:
i love juicey details early on a Sunday afternoon...Im anxiously awaiting your post!
probably after the World Cup Final. I will post some interesting stuff in here. THERE WERE SOME SIGNS.
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
"Fin-Omenal wrote:
Adding a Ray Allen will be huge for that team.
Ray Allen is DONE. He calls it quits in TC.
"Section126 wrote:
Jesus H. Christ...you just mentioned three centers (most teams carry two)...how many do you want?
Would you consciously, willingly choose to go into the playoffs with those three guys as your Centers?
All I'm saying is that if Spo—who is stubborn as ****—wants to play the same scheme as before without LeBron, subjugating Bosh to the 5, and especially with Chalmers dribbling—it's gonna be ugly. Fugly.
"Section126 wrote:
Unless he pulls a Lebron....the Heat believe that they have re-signed Birdman.
Bird was offered a contract by the Clippers, Warriors..CAVS...and Knicks.
I ****ing love that guy. LOVE.
I wish he could give more minutes without breaking down, but such is age.
"NaboCane wrote:
Would you consciously, willingly choose to go into the playoffs with those three guys as your Centers?
All I'm saying is that if Spo—who is stubborn as ****—wants to play the same scheme as before without LeBron, subjugating Bosh to the 5, and especially with Chalmers dribbling—it's gonna be ugly. Fugly.
It has to be a different philosophy this year. Bosh can't be used as a chess piece to space for slashing anymore.
"Section126 wrote:
Something to think about.
Heat have around $20 million in cap space.
You give $12 to Lance Stephenson, $8 to Deng, and you roll out the best collection of wing players in the NBA.
The Heat would be the FAVORITE to win the East again. No doubt about that.
If Spriley pulls Deng and Stephenson, the Heat are back to single-digit odds again.
40/1 is ridiculous, anyway.
"NaboCane wrote:
If Spriley pulls Deng and Stephenson, the Heat are back to single-digit odds again.
40/1 is ridiculous, anyway.
It is ridiculous, but they know more than we do.
25-1 sounds about right IMO.

"Alex44 wrote:
On the subject Section...do you know that the Heat have reached out to Lance? Say what you guys want about swapping Lebron for Lance but its a HELL of a lot better than just losing Lebron and adding nothing. Everything can't be "We lost Lebron and added this guy" from now on. Lebron is gone....it's about adding other players now.
Losing the best player in the game is never good; but in the abstract, you lose LeBron and add Deng and Stephenson; you almost have to call that a net gain, because the one thing James couldn't do was be TWO prolific scorers at once.
That also assumes you play Bosh at the 4, not banging with 5s and sacrificing his own scoring...and if you don't re-sign Mario Chalmers, who brings down the team on balance with his mistakes and cold streaks.
"NaboCane wrote:
Losing the best player in the game is never good; but in the abstract, you lose LeBron and add Deng and Stephenson; you almost have to call that a net gain, because the one thing James couldn't do was be TWO prolific scorers at once.
That also assumes you play Bosh at the 4, not banging with 5s and sacrificing his own scoring...and if you don't re-sign Mario Chalmers, who brings down the team on balance with his mistakes and cold streaks.
No you don't. Not even close.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
There is no "net gain" when you lose LeBron. Unless you're replacing him with Durant.
"Section126 wrote:
Lance Stephenson is a HELLUVA basketball player.
But he is most likely certifiably insane.
I don;t give a crap. Give me players. We will figure out the personality stuff later.
100%. Whenever he sits, give him those spatial puzzles they give ADD kids. Keep him occupied when he's not draining 3s.
"aesop wrote:
There is no "net gain" when you lose LeBron. Unless you're replacing him with Durant.
No, I do think there is. A good example is that an aging Spurs beat a team with LeBron in his prime because they had more bodies actually producing. That's what I'm talking about when I say "net gain."
No, neither Deng nor Lance is better than Bron. But playing together, and with Bosh playing to his max level and a PG who doesn't give the ball away 8 times a game—net gain.
Deng 2 yrs $20 million with Heat.
Player option after next year
Alright
Chalmers, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Haslem
Cole, - , Ennis, McRoberts , Anderson
-,-,-,-,-
banned