****The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread****
6817 replies
Wth at Danny Green getting that contract. All he is, is a specialist. Kyle Korver regretting signing that contract now I bet.
I'm just going to throw this out there, but is LaMarcus Aldridge really that good?
He's been toiling in relative obscurity his entire career and Portland has made it to the 2nd round exactly once since he;s been there, on Lillard's miracle shot.
I just think the fawning over him is similar to the fawning over Kevin Love, who collected great stats on teams that didn't do much, got talked about as a top 7 player and now people are realizing is nowhere near that good.
I just don't see Aldridge as a franchise altering piece.
"Section126 wrote:
TIGHT. Gotta trade Splitter and Mills at the very least.
Splitter is a goner. Traded to Hawks.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
I think Aldridge is that good. At least he looks that way when I watch him play.
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
Aldridge is better than Bosh in my opinion at least offensively. Dont know much of his defense to comment on it.
Does Aldridge shoot the 3?
Yes he can.
Not really. Career 27% 3-point shooter with almost no attempts per game except for last season where he added the 3pt shot more into his arsenal.
I'd take Bosh over Aldridge personally. A wash offensively but Bosh is by far the better defender.
Spurs are going to be tough. Damn.
Clearing Splitter and having Leonard wait on terms, possibly looking at clearing Mills, not to mention nothing has been said of Duncan and Ginobili who might take very little, the Spurs can definitely make this work. Exciting stuff!
Hope the fins have pulled/can pull together a FO and coaching squad like the Spurs. That's been much of what has made the Spurs so good for so long.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
I don't think the Spurs clear up the space without knowing damn well that Lamarcus is a lock to join them. So yeah... that's a dangerous team next season
Davis vs Shaq long term predictions - who will prove the better, more dominant player? (Injuries etc. not withstanding)
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Woj says Wade is still looking for the max... Monta... don't sign anything yet please..
"GARDENHEAD wrote:
Splitter is a goner. Traded to Hawks.
Yep. AFTER I made that post.
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
"Vertical Limit wrote:
Aldridge is better than Bosh in my opinion at least offensively. Dont know much of his defense to comment on it.
Bosh was the defensive captain of two NBA champions that had Lebron James and Dwyane Wade on it.
Bosh is elite Defensively.
Aldridge is a better offensive player in the sense of his versatility, but Bosh is not that far behind if at all.
You can make an argument that Bosh is better than Aldridge at every facet of the game. Both guys are that close.
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
"Vertical Limit wrote:
Woj says Wade is still looking for the max... Monta... don't sign anything yet please..
I think you fell for a fake account.
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
"Section126 wrote:
I think you fell for a fake account.
I didn't check it on twitter.. got it from this article
Wade is pursuing a max contract with the Heat, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
"Vertical Limit wrote:
I didn't check it on twitter.. got it from this article
That article is not clear. It's a blurb. He is not seeking a Max Contract. Maybe "Max" for 1 year.
But not a Max.
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
Aldridge is a slightly better offensive player then Bosh, Bosh a better defensive player by a healthy margin. Aldridge though is strictly a PF where as Bosh can played C which is nice since there are few good ones.
Green for 11m per is nuts but I guess that's going to be this whole fa period
Joseph Goodman saying Heat and Wade working on a max 2 year deal with a player option for 2nd year.
I was wondering why the other thread was dead on day 1 of free agency. 1 subscription pls.
🎃
"Section126 wrote:
gonna be close......
Melo: $135,865,275
Wade: $121,321,666Here is the rub. Wade has made and will make another $210 Million with Jordan Brand and LiNing
That's what I was going to point out. Winning championships provides financial opportunities that he wouldn't have had otherwise. In China they really focus on championships. James was almost non-existent there until he won a championship. Wade was bigger in China before that. That 2012 championship really raised Wade's profile in China even more. I doubt Wade signs that Li-Ning contract w/o that 2012 title. And we don't even know the parameters of that contract w/ Li-Ning. We know the salary, but he also got an unknown stake in the company. Most guesses are that it's anywhere from 2.5% - 5%. I think Li-Ning's market cap is just under $6.7 billion. So his stake could be worth another $167 mil - $330 mil.
(BTW Wade also had an earlier deal with Converse).

"rafael wrote:
That's what I was going to point out. Winning championships provides financial opportunities that he wouldn't have had otherwise. In China they really focus on championships. James was almost non-existent there until he won a championship. Wade was bigger in China before that. That 2012 championship really raised Wade's profile in China even more. I doubt Wade signs that Li-Ning contract w/o that 2012 title. And we don't even know the parameters of that contract w/ Li-Ning. We know the salary, but he also got an unknown stake in the company. Most guesses are that it's anywhere from 2.5% - 5%. I think Li-Ning's market cap is just under $6.7 billion. So his stake could be worth another $167 mil - $330 mil.
(BTW Wade also had an earlier deal with Converse).
Not to mention his partnership with Hublot, his steak and designs with Tie Bars, his partnership with Stance and that's just off top of my head. I'm sure there are other ventures.
So yeah, while Dwyane has taken major pay cuts on the court, he has made a lot of money off of it. Like rafael said, we don't know his steak in LiNing, which I suspect is $100m plus.

"Boik14 wrote:
Aldridge is a slightly better offensive player then Bosh, Bosh a better defensive player by a healthy margin. Aldridge though is strictly a PF where as Bosh can played C which is nice since there are few good ones.
Green for 11m per is nuts but I guess that's going to be this whole fa period
I don't know what SA was thinking offering that much money for a specialist... Korver is kicking himself right now..
Talks between the Heat and Wade are progressing toward a multi-year deal according to Woj.