****The Official 2017-18 NBA Thread****
2842 replies
"Hoops wrote:
ha ha what's homer about the east running through boston very soon?
Just messing with you bro. I agree that Boston is going to be legit, lotta young talent and great coaching.
Are you the dude that did hoops scoops? Loved that shit. Never once posted over there but lurked because a couple guys have great draft insight.
"BevoPhin wrote:
Just messing with you bro. I agree that Boston is going to be legit, lotta young talent and great coaching.
Are you the dude that did hoops scoops? Loved that ****. Never once posted over there but lurked because a couple guys have great draft insight.
yeah that's me
"CaribPhin wrote:
The posters there are mainly ***. Don't @ me boik.
Hate to say this but mains have been much more active and has had solid content the past month.
Not much bickering at all.
However when Ryan has his first good or bad game, they will come out in spades.
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
CHRIS F'N PAUL
41 points
10 assists
POINT GOD!!!
Props to Donovan Mitchell and the Jazz. That dude is special.
PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS
DON'T MESS WITH US!
"phinswolverinesrockets wrote:
CHRIS F'N PAUL
41 points
10 assistsPOINT GOD!!!
Props to Donovan Mitchell and the Jazz. That dude is special.
If yall somehow get Lebron, I dont think Golden State wins 2 games in a series.
"BevoPhin wrote:
An erratic big man who just ruptured his achilles who is set to be a FA isn't getting anything for New Orleans. I had forgotten that he is a FA this year when I proposed that.
It’s an interesting situation for Boogie and the Pels. On one hand a IF Boogie took a 1 year say 15m deal somewhere, it’s still 15% of your cap being used on a rehabbing player. If he tries to go for a multi year he may not get the full max like he’d probably get otherwise. And from a team perspective, how far are you willing to go knowing the first year is going to be a lost year for 1/2 the year and the fact that Achilles injuries typically have not had great success with players coming back? https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/1/27/16940178/demarcus-cousins-achilles-tear-injury-kobe-bryant-wesley-matthews-rudy-gay-this-is-the-worst
"Hoops wrote:
greatest of all time before he's done. I have a serious question. how does the nba thread get more run than the main forum on a dolphins site?
full disclosure I'm a Celtics fan. it won't be long before the east runs through boston every year for the next decade. at least half a decade.
Its the offseason for the NFL and the NBA playoffs.
And the east will run thru NYK when we take Kyrie off your hands next offseason :)
"BevoPhin wrote:
The draft is the most exciting thing about the dolphins lately. And the draft forum isn’t exactly booming.
I think youre the only celtics fan in here, this thread needs one. And youre a homer? Youll fit right in.
We never need Celtics fans around. #DirtiestTeamInLeagueHistory
Though I do like Brad Stevens as a coach. And I did predict Jayson Tatum would be better then Fultz during last years draft talk
"CaribPhin wrote:
The posters there are mainly ***. Don't @ me boik.
Oh I’m @‘ing you bruh!
Man, pels lost but theyre scrappy. They were down 26 halfway thru the 4th, cut it to 7 with some good D. That team needs a wing and a better rebounding interior. A 2 that can defend and score (assuming that Jrue plays PG) would help them also
"Boik14 wrote:
It’s an interesting situation for Boogie and the Pels. On one hand a IF Boogie took a 1 year say 15m deal somewhere, it’s still 15% of your cap being used on a rehabbing player. If he tries to go for a multi year he may not get the full max like he’d probably get otherwise. And from a team perspective, how far are you willing to go knowing the first year is going to be a lost year for 1/2 the year and the fact that Achilles injuries typically have not had great success with players coming back? https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/1/27/16940178/demarcus-cousins-achilles-tear-injury-kobe-bryant-wesley-matthews-rudy-gay-this-is-the-worst
I think the only way he leaves is if a team shows faith in him and throws a max at him to be the future. Say a team like Miami or New York does just that. You got a top 10 player locked down for 4 years and can still tank this year while he rehabs and get an elite talent in the draft or trade the pick. Its risky AF, and you better trust your team doctors to make that call. But if it works out, youve got a hell of a player and didnt have to give up any assets to get him.
Heat sign Demarcus Cousins and let him wear a suit for a year. He rehabs and comes back strong. Heat tank 1 season (not 7) and get RJ Barrett. Sign Klay Thompson next year. I think im stuck in 2010...
"Boik14 wrote:
And the east will run thru NYK when we take Kyrie off your hands next offseason :)
See, were all homers here lol
"BevoPhin wrote:
See, were all homers here lol
that's as homer as it gets
"Hoops wrote:
that's as homer as it gets
Is Kyries knee a long term concern?
As in sonething degenerative?
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"Fin-O wrote:
Is Kyries knee a long term concern?
As in sonething degenerative?
I think it’s sometbing definitely to consider. They say he should be good in 2019 but the way rozier and those young wings have been playing I’d seriously consider trading kyrie this offseason and Hayward after 2019 or even at the all star break. We have two max contract types I’m not even sure we need. But I’d want a legit big back a 18 and 8 to 12 type and a 2 deep quality point. And then I’d sign rozier to a $15 mil per pact and I also want to keep smart and Marcus morris.
Danny ainge got a lot of chess pieces to play with and rozier and those young wings making for some hard decisions. One things for sure the value of all 3 has gone way up.
If they want to keep Baynes they can keep him on the dirt cheap for banging purposes.
When kyrie plays its must watch tv. That kid is flat out special. They removed some wiring from his patella I think it was surgery that was giving him discomfort. They say the knee is structurally sound.
"Hoops wrote:
that's as homer as it gets
Homer recognize homer lol
"Boik14 wrote:
Man, pels lost but theyre scrappy. They were down 26 halfway thru the 4th, cut it to 7 with some good D. That team needs a wing and a better rebounding interior. A 2 that can defend and score (assuming that Jrue plays PG) would help them also
It was a fun season. They really grew together as a unit.
Hopefully, we resign Cousins and Rondo and add a wing.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
Boston is expected to make a play at kahwi Leonard this offseason.
Jaylon brown rozier and the Sacramento pick
Thoughts?
"Hoops wrote:
Boston is expected to make a play at kahwi Leonard this offseason.
Jaylon brown rozier and the Sacramento pick
Thoughts?
I hate the C's, so I hope they do that.
Ira Windbag is an idiot.
"Hoops wrote:
Boston is expected to make a play at kahwi Leonard this offseason.
Jaylon brown rozier and the Sacramento pick
Thoughts?
That’ll probably just start another San Antonio dynasty lol.
"Boik14 wrote:
That’ll probably just start another San Antonio dynasty lol.
Well the one thing that would pump the brakes other than brown is emerging into a monster is if pop can’t reign in Kawri brad Stevens the next pop probably can’t either.
I’m enjoying a top 3 head coach at least and a top 3 guy calling the personnel shots I know that much.
Now it’s time to get down with the king. Whatever happens from here this postseason is gravy.
"Hoops wrote:
Well the one thing that would pump the brakes other than brown is emerging into a monster is if pop can’t reign in Kawri brad Stevens the next pop probably can’t either.
I’m enjoying a top 3 head coach at least and a top 3 guy calling the personnel shots I know that much.
Now it’s time to get down with the king. Whatever happens from here this postseason is gravy.
Pop has had a lot on his plate this year. Brad Stevens is the new big dick swinging of the league.
I think the Kawhi trade you mentioned is good for both teams but Boston would win that trade. Kawhis a top 5 player and i would give up Jaylen, scary terry and the damn #1 overall pick up for Kawhi. Yall just proved youre in win now mode(but with young talent) But I would rather give up Smart than Rozier if i was Boston.
"eltos_lightfoot wrote:
I hate the C's, so I hope they do that.
Youre trippin, bro. That trade makes Boston a legit contender to Golden State.
Kyrie, Gordon, Kawhi, Any Scrub, Al Horford. Cot Damn thats a squad.
"BevoPhin wrote:
Kyrie, Gordon, Kawhi, Any Scrub, Al Horford. Cot Damn thats a squad.
You left out Tatum. And ya, thatd be nasty
Cav's lose Kyrie.....back in the ECF.
Celtics lose Kyrie.....back in the ECF.
Not to take from Kyrie's special ability, but I agree with Hoops. Trading him might not be a terrible idea.
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"