***The Official 2018-19 NBA Thread***

1543 replies

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Oct 23, 2018, 05:46 PM

"Fin-O wrote:

Rondo still didn't get what he deserves. Will be interesting to see the next matchup between these 2.

I don't think Rondo intentionally spit at CP3. But I could be wrong.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Oct 24, 2018, 02:58 PM

"GARDENHEAD wrote:

I don't think Rondo intentionally spit at CP3. But I could be wrong.

It looked fairly intentional. They’ve had beef before. CP3 said a long time ago that Rondo was lucky he was a part of the big 3 in Boston (he’s right). Rondos said that CP3 is a poor teammate and treats people like crap...which isn’t the first time ive heard that.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2018, 09:47 PM

Now that was an ass whooping... thank you Whiteside

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Oct 24, 2018, 09:55 PM

1-4...The tank is on. Can we fast forward? #CantWaitTilDraftDay :confused2:

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2018, 09:59 PM

The rockets are offering 4 1st round picks for Jimmy Butler.

Maybe that’ll help get them back to .500.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Oct 26, 2018, 09:17 PM

Watching Nets vs Pelicans. D'Angelo Russell is going off. 18 points first half. Best game I've seen him have as a Net. If he can keep his game at this level the Nets are going to be a tough out next year. Caris Levert improved in the off-season again and is now playing at a borderline all star level. Just below imo but one more level of improvement will get him there. Add Dinwiddie and we have a very talented back court that is no longer about potential but has been actualized. I wonder if Atkinson deals Dinwiddie or Russell. Dinwiddie has great length and a good basketball IQ, Russell at times looks like a legit all star but then disappears for long stretches. But if tonight is an indication that he's putting it together then we could have an All star back court. Gotta think all that free cap space next year will go to targeting a forward and center. Think we're set at guard



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Oct 26, 2018, 10:36 PM

Durant has made it clear now he is ready for big money in 2019. Doubt thats coming from Golden State. If you got 40-50 in space youre in good position to get Durant

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Oct 26, 2018, 11:31 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

Durant has made it clear now he is ready for big money in 2019. Doubt thats coming from Golden State. If you got 40-50 in space youre in good position to get Durant

And who has that space next year?

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2018, 11:30 AM

"BevoPhin wrote:

And who has that space next year?

I think your team can get it done before the deadline. Tim Hardaway Jr can land you an expiring.

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2018, 02:37 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

I think your team can get it done before the deadline. Tim Hardaway Jr can land you an expiring.

I believe you’re mistaken, sir - I despise the skid mark knicks. Heat for life.

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2018, 02:39 PM

Being mistakened for a knicks fan maybe the worst thing that can happen to a man. I’ve gotta take a shower now.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2018, 04:48 PM

"BevoPhin wrote:

Being mistakened for a knicks fan maybe the worst thing that can happen to a man. I’ve gotta take a shower now.

Lmao sorry i thought you were Boik.

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Oct 29, 2018, 12:04 PM

"adamprez2003 wrote:

Watching Nets vs Pelicans. D'Angelo Russell is going off. 18 points first half. Best game I've seen him have as a Net. If he can keep his game at this level the Nets are going to be a tough out next year. Caris Levert improved in the off-season again and is now playing at a borderline all star level. Just below imo but one more level of improvement will get him there. Add Dinwiddie and we have a very talented back court that is no longer about potential but has been actualized. I wonder if Atkinson deals Dinwiddie or Russell. Dinwiddie has great length and a good basketball IQ, Russell at times looks like a legit all star but then disappears for long stretches. But if tonight is an indication that he's putting it together then we could have an All star back court. Gotta think all that free cap space next year will go to targeting a forward and center. Think we're set at guard

Didn't he have like 8 3's in a quarter last year or some insane stat like that?

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Oct 29, 2018, 04:44 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

Lmao sorry i thought you were Boik.

:console::dunno:

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Oct 29, 2018, 04:45 PM

"BevoPhin wrote:

Being mistakened for a knicks fan maybe the worst thing that can happen to a man. I’ve gotta take a shower now.

Lol, you dont know pain and struggle til you been a knicks fan

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Oct 29, 2018, 05:40 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

Lol, you dont know pain and struggle til you been a knicks fan

We’re both phins fans, so we can agree we’re used to misery.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Oct 29, 2018, 08:50 PM

"BevoPhin wrote:

We’re both phins fans, so we can agree we’re used to misery.

Phins
Knicks
Mets
Islanders

Thats misery right there lol.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Oct 29, 2018, 09:41 PM

If we arent playing defense then we have no identity. This is Heat basketball, cant be trying to play like everyone else.

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Oct 29, 2018, 11:43 PM

Hot take: Klay good.

I hope he leaves GSW.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

Not So FastNot So FastForum Veteran
Oct 30, 2018, 06:43 AM

He will leave. He's not taking any discount for the Warriors: https://www.si.com/nba/2018/10/16/klay-thompson-contract-discount-free-agency-warriors

Serpico JonesSerpico JonesForum Veteran
Oct 30, 2018, 01:24 PM

Heat need to swing a trade. Maybe for Kemba even if it means taking on Batum.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Oct 30, 2018, 09:16 PM

"Fin-O wrote:

Didn't he have like 8 3's in a quarter last year or some insane stat like that?

Don't remember that exactly. Alan Crabbe hit 8 three pointers on 11 shots in one game last year.



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Oct 31, 2018, 01:49 PM

Warriors vs Pelicans isn’t nationally televised, but the spurs vs suns is? Lame.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Nov 7, 2018, 11:22 AM

I hope the Knicks lose every game the rest of the year. I want Zion Williamson. He is Lebron on steroids. Jesus freaking Christ, this dude just destroyed Kentucky almost single handedly. In the words of ESPN commentator Jay Bilas, “How do you stop this guy? Whose a matchup for him, Lawrence Taylor?” For those that aren’t aware, 6’7”/285 and a 45” vertical. Think Aaron Judge with hops. Or Charles Barkley but less fat. Developing a better outside game that extends out to the college 3, can handle the ball, really good passer...the biggest thing I need to see is consistency and effort in defense and continued improvement in his jumper. Not just blocks. But I guess when you beat #2 Kentucky by 30, who needs effort. I hate Duke but if they lose more then 2 games all year and don’t win the national title I’ll be stunned.

#1 fan#1 fanForum Veteran
Nov 7, 2018, 03:37 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

I hope the Knicks lose every game the rest of the year. I want Zion Williamson. He is Lebron on steroids. Jesus freaking Christ, this dude just destroyed Kentucky almost single handedly. In the words of ESPN commentator Jay Bilas, “How do you stop this guy? Whose a matchup for him, Lawrence Taylor?” For those that aren’t aware, 6’7”/285 and a 45” vertical. Think Aaron Judge with hops. Or Charles Barkley but less fat. Developing a better outside game that extends out to the college 3, can handle the ball, really good passer...the biggest thing I need to see is consistency and effort in defense and continued improvement in his jumper. Not just blocks. But I guess when you beat #2 Kentucky by 30, who needs effort. I hate Duke but if they lose more then 2 games all year and don’t win the national title I’ll be stunned.

The block and pass around 1:02 is absurd