The Official What was the last movie you saw??

6579 replies

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
May 3, 2008, 02:17 PM

"In_Flames wrote:

Just got done watching it...That ending was MESSED UP! :no:

:up: But you liked it, right?

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
May 3, 2008, 02:44 PM

"DrAstroZoom wrote:

:up: But you liked it, right?

I did, the wife not so much...:pointlol: she was pretty pissed off about the ending.

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
May 3, 2008, 09:02 PM

Finally going to watch Cloverfield tonight, I've heard mixed reviews...

May 3, 2008, 09:51 PM

"quelonio wrote:

Charlie Wilson's War... twas Ok

I need to see that.

DevilFin13DevilFin13Supporter
May 3, 2008, 09:55 PM

"DonShula84 wrote:

I need to see that.


I really enjoyed Charlie Wilson's War. Seymore Hoffman is the ****. I can't stand Julia Roberts but even she was tolerable.

bg34bg34New Member
May 3, 2008, 10:12 PM

The Mist. I LOVED it, I was glued to the screen the whole time. What an ending!

ILPhinFan88ILPhinFan88Luxury Box
May 4, 2008, 10:39 AM

Hitman- OK
Deepwater- OK
Lord Of War- OK

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
May 4, 2008, 01:24 PM

Saw Iron Man last night. May be my favorite comic movie ever. Gotta let it marinate a bit.

vmarcilfan75vmarcilfan75Supporter
May 4, 2008, 02:10 PM

"DrAstroZoom wrote:

Saw Iron Man last night. May be my favorite comic movie ever. Gotta let it marinate a bit.

did you stay till the end??

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
May 4, 2008, 04:17 PM

Sure did. ;)

peastripeastriLuxury Box
May 7, 2008, 08:56 PM

The Big Chill... first time I've seen it, the more I think about this film the more I like it. It got the mood spot on I think :up:

May 9, 2008, 04:25 AM

Just watched Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. Marissa Tomei naked, often, was a huge plus. Not sure how i feel about the movie yet, I think I liked it but I need to think it over a bit more. A lot of questions left unanswered so it isnt the most satisfying ending, but it's a good story, and interesting characters.

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
May 9, 2008, 08:35 AM

Ok, last night I subjected myself to the mind**** that is Akira. I had heard for quite some time that it was one of the finest animated movies ever and that, particularly as a science fiction fan, I needed to see it.

It was quite impressive, visually, and I now know that the South Park "Trapper Keeper" episode was done in tribute. But I have decided once and for all that I just don't get anime.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
May 9, 2008, 09:31 AM

"DrAstroZoom wrote:

Ok, last night I subjected myself to the mind**** that is Akira. I had heard for quite some time that it was one of the finest animated movies ever and that, particularly as a science fiction fan, I needed to see it.

It was quite impressive, visually, and I now know that the South Park "Trapper Keeper" episode was done in tribute. But I have decided once and for all that I just don't get anime.

Amen. You get the feeling that, the story is written as they go along, and its only purpose is to pose new cool things to animate. And the only times they really have anything to say (debatable) they decide to make an inner monologue during a fight or chase scene. And even then, it generally just poses one or a few of the same following questions:

1. What is love?
2. What are dreams?
3. What are memories?
4. Something about Gaea?
5. Something about missing manuals/teachings of one martial art or another?

Or the whole thing is some sort of porn/rape fantasy.

vmarcilfan75vmarcilfan75Supporter
May 9, 2008, 10:18 AM

"DonShula84 wrote:

Just watched Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. Marissa Tomei naked, often, was a huge plus. Not sure how i feel about the movie yet, I think I liked it but I need to think it over a bit more. A lot of questions left unanswered so it isnt the most satisfying ending, but it's a good story, and interesting characters.

the beginning was great if you can handle PSH white ass :lol:

i like the movie. it had good acting/story line just didnt like how it ended.
Wouldve liked to see Hawke get confronted by his dad.

PhinperorPhinperorLuxury Box
May 9, 2008, 11:26 AM

Watched Pathfinder last night....I wouldn't recommend it.

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
May 9, 2008, 11:03 PM

Yeah Pathfinder was horrible.

Just watched Doomsday. God was it bad. The second half of the movie seemed like a glorified car commerical.

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
May 10, 2008, 02:53 PM

i watched what happens in vegas.......its alright

unifiedtheoryunifiedtheoryLuxury Box
May 10, 2008, 11:09 PM

Iron Man....saw it last night. Downey was PERFECT. One of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in quite awhile to be honest. Summer fluff at it's finest.

Next up....INDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I'm on Twitter @ut_pez

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
May 11, 2008, 12:09 AM

Speed Racer :cool:

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
May 11, 2008, 03:45 PM

^ You sad soul. Movie looks god awful.

vmarcilfan75vmarcilfan75Supporter
May 11, 2008, 07:20 PM

Man on Fire-5/5

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
May 11, 2008, 08:27 PM

Just saw No Country for Old Men. Pretty danged good movie. Much more intense than what I thought it was going to be. Rating: 4.5 out of 5

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
May 11, 2008, 11:00 PM

cloverfield..6/10 cameras killed it for me..liked the action though

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
May 11, 2008, 11:02 PM

In the movies, the last film I saw was Jarhead.

The last movie I watched on TV was Twister.