The Official What was the last movie you saw??

6579 replies

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Aug 6, 2009, 01:42 AM

"BuckeyeKing wrote:

American Psycho-Not what I was expecting ending was weird. I give it 2 Christian Bale bare asses out of 5.

american psycho is an awesome movie.

the last movie i watched even though i had already seen it was 'monster'.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Aug 6, 2009, 01:45 AM

Funny People!!! Very funny movie, But its drags on and no real story line

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Aug 6, 2009, 08:49 AM

"FreeStyle wrote:

The Happening-actually after hearing all the haters and reading the bad reviews, I had to watch it and I liked it.

I saw the trailers and was intrigued.

I heard the backlash and got turned off.

I eventually saw it on DVD and it was okay, not the best of Shamwowow's movies, but a step up from The Village.

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
Aug 6, 2009, 10:23 AM

"FreeStyle wrote:

The Happening-actually after hearing all the haters and reading the bad reviews, I had to watch it and I liked it.

"opfinistic wrote:

I saw the trailers and was intrigued.

I heard the backlash and got turned off.

I eventually saw it on DVD and it was okay, not the best of Shamwowow's movies, but a step up from The Village.

The set-up was fascinating, but the resolution left me flat. And Wahlberg was just ridiculously miscast.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Aug 6, 2009, 10:29 AM

"DrAstroZoom wrote:

The set-up was fascinating, but the resolution left me flat. And Wahlberg was just ridiculously miscast.

Like you said, the premise of the film was great, it started off as a very interesting film, but as it wore on it got retarded. I think Wahlberg was alright.

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
Aug 6, 2009, 10:45 AM

"opfinistic wrote:

Like you said, the premise of the film was great, it started off as a very interesting film, but as it wore on it got retarded. I think Wahlberg was alright.

There were a couple of bone-chilling moments that were among the most deliciously creepy things I've ever seen on film, but Shamaladingdong just has a hard time keeping it up.

Colorado DolfanColorado DolfanNew Member
Aug 6, 2009, 11:00 AM

Last Man Standing

Okay movie, but I honestly didn't like any of the characters.

Get dirty, get bloody, get sweaty...

...get happy.

-Cam Wake

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Aug 6, 2009, 11:11 AM

"DrAstroZoom wrote:

but Shamaladingdong just has a hard time keeping it up.

Maybe if you dressed sexier......

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Aug 6, 2009, 02:28 PM

hamburger hill, love this ****ing movie. Overlooked war movie.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

MIm inoNew Member
Aug 7, 2009, 09:07 AM

i tried to watch street fighter last night..thank god for codeine cause i fell alseep about 25 minutes in.i did not like who they cast as bison/vega looked nothing like the game character except for the blades,the guy who played the american cop(chris klien?)was horrible.

also watched dragonball evolution which was much better.special effects weren't top notch but they didn't do anything they couldn't make look good.a few things were diff.from the cartoon but nothing that made me dislike the movie.actually can't wait for the next part if they make one.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Aug 7, 2009, 11:02 AM

Taken - Good stuff. Wish I had seen it sooner.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

vmarcilfan75vmarcilfan75Supporter
Aug 7, 2009, 12:39 PM

"Stitches wrote:

Taken - Good stuff. Wish I had seen it sooner.

yeah about time :yes:

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Aug 7, 2009, 01:46 PM

"vmarcilfan75 wrote:

yaeh about time :yes:

Had to wait for the $15 blu-ray.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

vmarcilfan75vmarcilfan75Supporter
Aug 7, 2009, 03:15 PM

"Stitches wrote:

Had to wait for the $15 blu-ray.

heard they're making a second one

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Aug 7, 2009, 03:17 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

hamburger hill, love this ****ing movie. Overlooked war movie.

Yea it is.

Just watched it the other day and noticed Don Cheedle in it. Who knew.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Big EBig ENew Member
Aug 8, 2009, 05:45 AM

Observe and Report....gawd I love Seth Rogan.

MIm inoNew Member
Aug 8, 2009, 11:11 AM

"FreeStyle wrote:

Saw The Orphan tonight, awesome movie. Will definetly watch this one alot more, will add it to my Halloween movie night marathon tradition.

so this is a horror flick? my wife wants to go to the movies and suggested it by name and i was like..bah sounds like a chic flic. this is still at the theatres?

ok so the youtube preview finally worked for me. horror movie? seemed more physcological thriller to me kinda like the good son(you know..the one with micheal jackson's favorite teen idol)only with girls instead of boys.havent seen the movie yet but thats what i got from the preview..i hate when movies get terribly mislabeled.

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Aug 8, 2009, 11:26 AM

GI Joe - saw it last night ... expressed my thoughts in the GI Joe thread. Wasn't bad. After further thought I'd probably slot it ahead of Transformers 2 and Wolverine, in that order. 3 1/2 out of 5 ... though I'm leaning towards bumping it up to 4.

Big EBig ENew Member
Aug 8, 2009, 11:36 AM

tHE LEGEND OF CHUN LI

Uh....what a waste.

bg34bg34New Member
Aug 8, 2009, 11:44 AM

Passengers - 8/10. It was good, I didn't see that ending coming though. And of course Anne Hathaway earned a pt. just for being her sexy self.

MIm inoNew Member
Aug 8, 2009, 01:33 PM

watched mongol last night and it was very good. i recommend to any history buffs.it was a little slow but still a good movie. they didn't go into everything but it wouldve had to be a very long movie to do so. 9/10

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Aug 8, 2009, 03:34 PM

"BIG E wrote:

tHE LEGEND OF CHUN LI

Uh....what a waste.

:lol: duh Chun Li's legs aren't sticks.

Movie had disaster written all over it.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Aug 9, 2009, 08:47 PM

GI Joe. It was a fun action movie. Nothing great but it was enjoyable. Considerably better than Transformers 2.

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Aug 9, 2009, 08:49 PM

Saw "Wanted" and "Taken".....both very good and better than I was thinking they were going to be.

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum Veteran
Aug 10, 2009, 11:13 AM

Watched 'The Proposition' last night on IFC. Grisly story that takes place in the Australian outback in the 1880's. The guy has to decide whether or not to kill his older, rapist and murdering brother to save his younger, harmless brother from getting executed. Screenplay was written by musician Nick Cave.