The Phins 2016 Fantasy Football

72 replies

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Sep 4, 2016, 06:30 PM

"ToddPhin wrote:

Wait, so is the draft tonight at 8:30?

Yes, though I don't know that it will happen with 10 teams. Maybe Boik changed the settings? I'll be ready to draft.

EDIT: Looks like it was changed to 10. We should be ready to go.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Sep 4, 2016, 06:50 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Yes, though I don't know that it will happen with 10 teams. Maybe Boik changed the settings? I'll be ready to draft.

EDIT: Looks like it was changed to 10. We should be ready to go.

I just logged in and it says 8:30 est tonight.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Sep 4, 2016, 06:54 PM

"ToddPhin wrote:

I just logged in and it says 8:30 est tonight.

Oh sorry. I meant changed from 12 teams to 10. Yes, I agree 830. I'll be on.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Sep 4, 2016, 07:09 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Oh sorry. I meant changed from 12 teams to 10. Yes, I agree 830. I'll be on.

Me too

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Sep 4, 2016, 07:23 PM

Good luck boy'os.... See ya at the Draft

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Sep 4, 2016, 07:31 PM

"vt_dolfan wrote:

Good luck boy'os.... See ya at the Draft

Same to you guys! It will be a different experience for me drafting with fellow Dolphins fans. In my league, I have two Steeler fans, two Vikings, an one each of Cowboys, Giants, Lions, so unless there's a really well known Miami player, I can draft them if I choose.

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Sep 4, 2016, 07:50 PM

Yall can start figuring out pick 2... I'll be taking Antonio Brown with first pick.. Lol

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Sep 4, 2016, 09:08 PM

The draft locked up on me, and when I tried to reboot it, I can't. Oh well, if I can't get back in, I'm glad I got my whole offense myself.

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Sep 4, 2016, 09:20 PM

I can't get back in either man... It's just stuck on loading.. Probably a ton of drafts being run tonight... So system is probably straining...

I'm happy I got my offense and first few D picks..

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Sep 4, 2016, 09:22 PM

"vt_dolfan wrote:

I can't get back in either man... It's just stuck on loading.. Probably a ton of drafts being run tonight... So system is probably straining...

I'm happy I got my offense and first few D picks..

No shock. Glad I was able to do what I could.

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Sep 4, 2016, 09:24 PM

Lol.. I can see the message on the loading page...

Your on clock.. Make a pick or Olivier Vernon will be your choice...

I'd make the pick if it would let me in.. Lol

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Sep 4, 2016, 09:28 PM

"vt_dolfan wrote:

Lol.. I can see the message on the loading page...

Your on clock.. Make a pick or Olivier Vernon will be your choice...

I'd make the pick if it would let me in.. Lol

I saw the same thing. I put two defensive players in my que before I closed the window and I got both of them at least. I'm on a bad connection, so I was thinking it might just be that, but if others are having trouble too, it must just be overloaded.

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Sep 4, 2016, 09:33 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

I saw the same thing. I put two defensive players in my que before I closed the window and I got both of them at least. I'm on a bad connection, so I was thinking it might just be that, but if others are having trouble too, it must just be overloaded.

Yeh I have a great connection... Really fast and couldnt get back in

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Sep 4, 2016, 09:38 PM

Man I didn't even realize it was tonight. Well **** me, wasted year.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Sep 4, 2016, 09:51 PM

"BuckeyeKing wrote:

Man I didn't even realize it was tonight. Well **** me, wasted year.

That explains your good draft lol

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Sep 4, 2016, 09:52 PM

It locked up on my iPad also, had to use the NFL.com app to get back in

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Sep 4, 2016, 10:01 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

That explains your good draft lol

I highly doubt that.

I'm pretty annoyed I missed it. Had people from another league in this one and they couldn't even give a heads up. SMH

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Sep 4, 2016, 10:04 PM

The CPU did a pretty good job of filling out my squad. Put a few waiver claims in.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Sep 4, 2016, 10:05 PM

"BuckeyeKing wrote:

I highly doubt that.

I'm pretty annoyed I missed it. Had people from another league in this one and they couldn't even give a heads up. SMH

im just busting your chops but the team didn't come out bad at all. Playoff team IMO.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Sep 4, 2016, 11:18 PM

So this was a practice draft then? :shifty:

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Sep 4, 2016, 11:20 PM

"ToddPhin wrote:

So this was a practice draft then? :shifty:

Lol raise your hand if anyone wants to do 30 rounds all over again?

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Sep 5, 2016, 12:19 AM

It would be 30 new rounds for me :)

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Sep 5, 2016, 08:00 AM

It'd be about 12 new rounds for me, lol. My connection to the site was in a constant state of "responding" and "not responding" so I could move freely around among the different positions and such, and had it freeze during some of my picks while the clock ran out. I got booted in the 20's and couldn't log back in either. And get this, I unchecked auto draft, but then every time I was on the clock, it would revert right back to auto draft and make my selection for me based on whatever I had in my que, ugh.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Sep 5, 2016, 08:40 AM

"ToddPhin wrote:

It'd be about 12 new rounds for me, lol. My connection to the site was in a constant state of "responding" and "not responding" so I could move freely around among the different positions and such, and had it freeze during some of my picks while the clock ran out. I got booted in the 20's and couldn't log back in either. And get this, I unchecked auto draft, but then every time I was on the clock, it would revert right back to auto draft and make my selection for me based on whatever I had in my que, ugh.

It was doing the same thing to me, so I closed it down, and could never get back in.

I think its cool that it assigns us a draft grade and projection.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/1561255/draftresults?draftResultsType=recap

UNLUCKY 13 ASSEMBLES A RUSHING ATTACK

  • Draft GradeA-

  • Proj Record9-5

  • Proj Finish3

DRAFT SUMMARYUnlucky 13 will be a team to watch out for this season. Drafting fifth overall, they put together a roster that has the ability to reach the postseason. They focused on building a well-rounded team right from the start, taking a quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and tight end within their first five picks. As the draft concluded, Unlucky 13 secured the highest-scoring foursome of running backs in the league.


According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Arian Foster in the 7th round (65th overall pick versus an ADP of 95.1 across all NFL.com leagues).
The fantasy hopes of Unlucky 13 might rest heavily on the fortunes of the Rams, as they have four of them on their roster.
Unlucky 13 got off to a sizzling start, amassing the most projected points in the league during the first half of the draft.


Boik14Boik14Supporter
Sep 5, 2016, 11:43 AM

"ToddPhin wrote:

It'd be about 12 new rounds for me, lol. My connection to the site was in a constant state of "responding" and "not responding" so I could move freely around among the different positions and such, and had it freeze during some of my picks while the clock ran out. I got booted in the 20's and couldn't log back in either. And get this, I unchecked auto draft, but then every time I was on the clock, it would revert right back to auto draft and make my selection for me based on whatever I had in my que, ugh.

Myself and a few others were having the autocheck problem. Luckily ive learned from past experience to always keep a queue.