The Stephen Ross Clown Shoes Coach Search Extravaganza: SEASON TWO

143 replies

smahtazsmahtazForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2012, 08:31 PM

"Vengeful Odin wrote:

It's a highly irregular move for a front office that is increasingly becoming highly irregular.

In a lot of ways, this is like the Sparano / Harbaugh fiasco last season. Last year, Ross used Sparano as his fallback option after opening courting another coach. This time out Ross is using Ireland as a fallback option in the event that he and King Carl can't score a big name coach.

From a business strategy, I get it. Hedging your bets to prevent the franchise from falling into disarray. I just don't think Ross understands how much this hurts the franchise from a PR standpoint.

Color me unimpressed by this turn of events.

I don't care if Ross shows up at the Pro Bowl in a unitard and leads the band at halftime. I just want him to get this one right and I don't care how he goes about it.



It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Jan 3, 2012, 08:41 PM

"Vendigo wrote:

I'm not crying oh so loudly (I'm rather amused instead) but actually I have and would consider it poor style if the employer conducted two searches at the same time. It's not uncommon in some industries but in my personal experience it usually speaks volumes about the quality of the company conducting the search.

my comments weren't really directed at you, never are. But, I don't agree. I see this as one shot to get a bigwig, and the normal process of interviewing assistants who want to be our HC. In the business of the NFL, where the little things, like a better coach, can be the difference between 8 and 10 wins, I expect our front office to do whatever it takes to land the best candidate. Would I do it the same way, no. but if we end up with Fisher, then I'm happy with the procedure.

testing

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Jan 3, 2012, 08:43 PM

"Vinny Fins wrote:

I just saw the fist pumps. I guess a lot of people want me gone. Jesus Christ.

don't mistake "wanting you gone" with not wanting you to start ridiculous, overly dramatic threads.

testing

RoukRoukForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2012, 08:51 PM

hmm as long as Ross mans up and trades up for a QB I'm fine with whatever coach he chooses if he plans on going with Moore again then this is straight up clown shoes

MRmracerNew Member
Jan 3, 2012, 08:57 PM

To OP: IS THIS SOME FREAKING SICK JOKE!

Please Mr Ross...Sell this team!!! You're a disgrace and an embarrassment!

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2012, 09:05 PM

I swear hes a JETS fan and hes trying to get back at us for making his team cry on Sunday! If he really cared about the team and I mean the team and a head coach he would have mandate (made it happen however) a 1-15 2-14 season and cleaned house. Had his choice for a real head coach and front office.

Hes just playing NFL fantasy football now. Just do it the right way and stop the games ROSS! there is a right way and their is the JETS way..

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2012, 09:08 PM

"Dorfdad wrote:

I swear hes a JETS fan and hes trying to get back at us for making his team cry on Sunday! If he really cared about the team and I mean the team and a head coach he would have mandate (made it happen however) a 1-15 2-14 season and cleaned house. Had his choice for a real head coach and front office.

Hes just playing NFL fantasy football now. Just do it the right way and stop the games ROSS! there is a right way and their is the JETS way..

I do not understand how being 1-15 or 2-14 is needed to become a winning team.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Jan 3, 2012, 09:18 PM

I think we need to strap a device to Stephen Ross that electrocutes him whenever he has a stupid idea...

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

rdhstlr23rdhstlr23Supporter
Jan 3, 2012, 09:18 PM

Some of the things said in here are pure comedic gold. From the comparison to Wal-Mart, the interview questions. Keep it up sec and lucky...good stuff

2socks2socksForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2012, 09:22 PM

FOR SALE

Used dog collar..........level 5 compatable

"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:

I think we need to strap a device to Stephen Ross that electrocutes him whenever he has a stupid idea...

Winning isn't everything - it's the only thing
In Our Business there is no second place
Either your first or your last

Vince Lombardi

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Jan 3, 2012, 09:50 PM

"KingMotion wrote:

Density huh?

Got a problem with back to the future?

smahtazsmahtazForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2012, 09:54 PM

"Dorfdad wrote:

I swear hes a JETS fan and hes trying to get back at us for making his team cry on Sunday! If he really cared about the team and I mean the team and a head coach he would have mandate (made it happen however) a 1-15 2-14 season and cleaned house. Had his choice for a real head coach and front office.

Hes just playing NFL fantasy football now. Just do it the right way and stop the games ROSS! there is a right way and their is the JETS way..

Wow, just wow.

Mandating professional football players to lay down and risk their livelihood was your strategy? Post of the year so far and I have a feeling it will stand.



It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2012, 10:01 PM

"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:

I think we need to strap a device to Stephen Ross that electrocutes him whenever he has a stupid idea...

Dude would be dead in about 90 minutes.

Vinny FinsVinny FinsForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2012, 10:09 PM

"2socks wrote:

FOR SALE

Used dog collar..........level 5 compatable

Kinky. How much?

fooball.
futbol.
hockey.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jan 3, 2012, 10:31 PM

"Disgustipate wrote:

We really need to just hire a hitman

Marc Colombo. Was the hitman.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Jan 3, 2012, 10:38 PM

"Vinny Fins wrote:

Well, your "I worked in the corporate world ergo I know better than you" hubris that you've shown here time and again makes me embarrassed to be part of the human race.

That's not a very good comeback. You sound like my kid

testing

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jan 3, 2012, 10:42 PM

4 or the last 7 Superbowl coaches were hired off Monster.com. True story.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Jan 3, 2012, 10:42 PM

"Vengeful Odin wrote:

It's a highly irregular move for a front office that is increasingly becoming highly irregular.

In a lot of ways, this is like the Sparano / Harbaugh fiasco last season. Last year, Ross used Sparano as his fallback option after opening courting another coach. This time out Ross is using Ireland as a fallback option in the event that he and King Carl can't score a big name coach.

From a business strategy, I get it. Hedging your bets to prevent the franchise from falling into disarray. I just don't think Ross understands how much this hurts the franchise from a PR standpoint.

Color me unimpressed by this turn of events.

Oh bull****... we start winning, none of this matters.

Jan 3, 2012, 10:50 PM

"PSG wrote:

Dude would be dead in about 90 minutes.

That would be ideal.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Jan 3, 2012, 11:08 PM

For some of you, Stephen Ross will never be supported until his team wins a few SuperBowls.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

SCschisnoForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2012, 11:23 PM

I support Ross whole heartedly, and look forward to seeing the Dolphins give the HC job to Rob Chudzinski.:knucks:

Minnesota Vikings Draft
23. Andrew Billings, DL, Baylor
54. Vonn Bell, DB, Ohio State
86. Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
121. Dominique Alexander, LB, Oklahoma
160. Spencer Drango, OL, Baylor
180. Moritz Boehringer, WR, Germany State
240. Tyler Ervin, RB, San Jose State
244. Nate Sudfeld, QB, Indiana

ADAdamC13New Member
Jan 3, 2012, 11:25 PM

Last I heard Ross owns the team...gets to do what he wants with the FO.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Jan 3, 2012, 11:34 PM

"schisno wrote:

I support Ross whole heartedly, and look forward to seeing the Dolphins give the HC job to Rob Chudzinski.:knucks:

you spying little whore... :lol:

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2012, 11:55 PM

I wonder if Ross and Ireland are even on the same sheet of music, if Ross told Ireland to conduct a coaching search, but he was going to interview Fisher himself.

Strange off-season already.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Jan 4, 2012, 12:21 AM

"muscle979 wrote:

If he's scared to run a football team perhaps he shouldn't have bought one.

Two members actually gave this a fist pump :lol: