The Walking Dead - Season 5
185 replies
"Paul 13 wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't expecting Rick to say yes to that... I was 75% sure he'd say no. As for the end of the episode with Bob... I have a question and then a top 10...
what was he crying about before he got hit over the head? Oh and that brings to mind the old WTF are they doing (horror movie stupidity).... love how him and the other two are out running around in the dark alone...
anyway... top 10 Bob's on the menu:
10. Hot Bob on a Stick
9. Bananas Bobster
8. Bobba Stump
7. Baskin and Bobbins... Quarterbob Crunch Ice Cream
6. Bob Evans Tuesday night special, our meat is humanely... prepared
5. Bob-a-que Brisket
4. Poor Bob Sandwiches
3. Bobscht
2. Bobby Filet
1. Shish Kabob
Bobaque brisket does sound appealing tbh... In fact, I wish Gareth had a bottle of sweet baby rays w/him during that conversation. **** would of been lol.
How long does Kuru disease begin to take effect?
"Clark Kent wrote:
Bobaque brisket does sound appealing tbh... In fact, I wish Gareth had a bottle of sweet baby rays w/him during that conversation. **** would of been lol.
How long does Kuru disease begin to take effect?
Seems like they've been eating human for a while, probably since after they took back terminus. Proabaly already suffering effects
Random thoughts...
1. Why is Maggie so chill? She flipped over losing Glenn and having to find him. Her sister was kidnapped and she's all... YOLO #Washington.
2. Was Bob bit perhaps? Maybe that's why he was outside, unafraid and crying? Can't think of a good explanation for that idiocy otherwise.
3. I like Sasha a lot. She's not doing a whole lot, but she seems like a cool character.
4. I really hate Tyrese's getting the "gentle giant black man" characterization. Tyrese is a BMF and TPTB need to fix their goof up. He can be bad ass and have a good heart (like Daryl).
5. Daryl sucks now. Everything that made him interesting has been stripped away. I love how they glossed over Merle's death too. Like, "wow, he's dead... he's never done anything like that before..." Kind of like Beth... If Merle had to die (which was a mistake, IMO, he's an awesome wildcard villian/anti-hero type), it could of been used as a device to make Daryl interesting again. But nope.
6. This show needs a Kenny Powers type. Not full on Kenny Powers satire... but comic relief who questions the bull****, makes hilarious and inappropriate observations, sarcastic, provides some lol's, etc... Kenny's Mullet > Eugene's.
7. The priest is too much of a caricature, IMO. They needed to tone it down from an 11 to a 3-4.
"Clark Kent wrote:
Random thoughts...
1. Why is Maggie so chill? She flipped over losing Glenn and having to find him. Her sister was kidnapped and she's all... YOLO #Washington.
2. Was Bob bit perhaps? Maybe that's why he was outside, unafraid and crying? Can't think of a good explanation for that idiocy otherwise.
3. I like Sasha a lot. She's not doing a whole lot, but she seems like a cool character.
4. I really hate Tyrese's getting the "gentle giant black man" characterization. Tyrese is a BMF and TPTB need to fix their goof up. He can be bad ass and have a good heart (like Daryl).
5. Daryl sucks now. Everything that made him interesting has been stripped away. I love how they glossed over Merle's death too. Like, "wow, he's dead... he's never done anything like that before..." Kind of like Beth... If Merle had to die (which was a mistake, IMO, he's an awesome wildcard villian/anti-hero type), it could of been used as a device to make Daryl interesting again. But nope.
6. This show needs a Kenny Powers type. Not full on Kenny Powers satire... but comic relief who questions the bull****, makes hilarious and inappropriate observations, sarcastic, provides some lol's, etc... Kenny's Mullet > Eugene's.
Every time they showed Bob and Sasha smooching I was thinking to myself, one of them is going to get it. When they were having their canned food feast, I was thinking, someone is going to get it. Watched last night episode with the wife, and she figured Bob was bitten when he got attacked underwater. So, I was waiting on him to expose that by the end of the hour.
Agreed on Daryl and Tyrese. And I'm missing Michonne and her sword. Kind of along the line of your Kenny comment, the show also needs its father figure / voice of reason back. First it was Dale... then it was Hershel. Rick doesn't have someone he can consult with as that older wiser counsel. Was thinking it could be Abraham with his military background, but I'm not so sure now. The show has a lot of "good" characters... fan favorites... perhaps too many?
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
"Clark Kent wrote:
Random thoughts...
1. Why is Maggie so chill? She flipped over losing Glenn and having to find him. Her sister was kidnapped and she's all... YOLO #Washington.
Found this to be a huge inconsistency. Oversight by different team of writers maybe?
2. Was Bob bit perhaps? Maybe that's why he was outside, unafraid and crying? Can't think of a good explanation for that idiocy otherwise.
3. I like Sasha a lot. She's not doing a whole lot, but she seems like a cool character.
4. I really hate Tyrese's getting the "gentle giant black man" characterization. Tyrese is a BMF and TPTB need to fix their goof up. He can be bad ass and have a good heart (like Daryl).
He kinda is already badass. He doesn't have to act it; but he did take out that team of zombies outside the door with his bare hands.
5. Daryl sucks now. Everything that made him interesting has been stripped away. I love how they glossed over Merle's death too. Like, "wow, he's dead... he's never done anything like that before..." Kind of like Beth... If Merle had to die (which was a mistake, IMO, he's an awesome wildcard villian/anti-hero type), it could of been used as a device to make Daryl interesting again. But nope.
Agreed about Merle. There was some decent character development in limited screen time with him. At the same time though, his loop was indeed closed pretty nicely (selfless act of badassery to save someone else's life; a black person no less).
6. This show needs a Kenny Powers type. Not full on Kenny Powers satire... but comic relief who questions the bull****, makes hilarious and inappropriate observations, sarcastic, provides some lol's, etc... Kenny's Mullet > Eugene's.
They should just turn Eugene into a KP-type. They might as well.
"Now listen here, Rick. I'm God's gift to mankind; I got an arm like a rocket, a dick like a python and the mind of a mother****ing scientist. I'm gonna save this here bunch of sad sack mother****ers whether you like it or not. 'Cause that's what I do. I will **** you up, friend."
7. The priest is too much of a caricature, IMO. They needed to tone it down from an 11 to a 3-4.
Observations in red
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"Clark Kent wrote:
Random thoughts...
1. Why is Maggie so chill? She flipped over losing Glenn and having to find him. Her sister was kidnapped and she's all... YOLO #Washington.
2. Was Bob bit perhaps? Maybe that's why he was outside, unafraid and crying? Can't think of a good explanation for that idiocy otherwise.
3. I like Sasha a lot. She's not doing a whole lot, but she seems like a cool character.
4. I really hate Tyrese's getting the "gentle giant black man" characterization. Tyrese is a BMF and TPTB need to fix their goof up. He can be bad ass and have a good heart (like Daryl).
5. Daryl sucks now. Everything that made him interesting has been stripped away. I love how they glossed over Merle's death too. Like, "wow, he's dead... he's never done anything like that before..." Kind of like Beth... If Merle had to die (which was a mistake, IMO, he's an awesome wildcard villian/anti-hero type), it could of been used as a device to make Daryl interesting again. But nope.
6. This show needs a Kenny Powers type. Not full on Kenny Powers satire... but comic relief who questions the bull****, makes hilarious and inappropriate observations, sarcastic, provides some lol's, etc... Kenny's Mullet > Eugene's.
7. The priest is too much of a caricature, IMO. They needed to tone it down from an 11 to a 3-4.
I presume Bob was bitten at the food bank. That's why he was all weepy and pulled his "one more" schtick. My thought was he left to commit suicide before he could turn and then was captured.
As for Maggie, she asked about Beth in the train car. And right now, there is literally nothing they can do to find her. They have no leads. With Glenn, she had a vague idea of where he was last seen and when that didn't work, she left the signs for him to go to Terminus.
With Beth, all they had is that she got taken by a car outside a church somewhere she and Daryl had been. She could be in California by now. I agree that you'd think she'd be more visibly upset, but at this point, it's probably better to compartmentalize and just hope that she ended up with decent people, just tell yourself the lie.
Also with Maggie, I found her scene with Tara a bit weird. I doubt they meant to do this, but it did seem like Tara was hitting on her on a little and Tara has pretty much decided she's going to be Glenn and Maggie's third wheel.
"schmolioot wrote:
I presume Bob was bitten at the food bank. That's why he was all weepy and pulled his "one more" schtick. My thought was he left to commit suicide before he could turn and then was captured.
If he indeed got bitten on the leg underwater, the terminus group may have done him a favor with his leg....kinda like Hershel. So in that case they are feeding on something contaminated?
"Ludacris wrote:
If he indeed got bitten on the leg underwater, the terminus group may have done him a favor with his leg....kinda like Hershel. So in that case they are feeding on something contaminated?
no way it takes that long to move through his system. If that turns out to be the case, then the writers screwed up. bigger question is whether the virus/infection gets eliminated when you cook the flesh, which I doubt as well.
testing
"Ohio Fanatic wrote:
no way it takes that long to move through his system. If that turns out to be the case, then the writers screwed up. bigger question is whether the virus/infection gets eliminated when you cook the flesh, which I doubt as well.
There are tons of screw ups/inconsistencies in this show.
It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. I've learned not to question this show, because it will drive you crazy. Just enjoy the madness.
Wilson Performance on Facebook
Wilson Performance on Twitter
:hammertime::hammertime:
"Nappy Roots wrote:
There are tons of screw ups/inconsistencies in this show.
It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. I've learned not to question this show, because it will drive you crazy. Just enjoy the madness.
This show has source material. The same thing happened in the comics with somewhat predictable results.
"Ohio Fanatic wrote:
no way it takes that long to move through his system. If that turns out to be the case, then the writers screwed up. bigger question is whether the virus/infection gets eliminated when you cook the flesh, which I doubt as well.
This is what I don't understand in reading speculation about them being infected by the flesh. Wasn't it revealed a long time ago that everyone is already infected? If so, eating infected flesh won't infect you any more than you already are, no?
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
"Pagan wrote:
This is what I don't understand in reading speculation about them being infected by the flesh. Wasn't it revealed a long time ago that everyone is already infected? If so, eating infected flesh won't infect you any more than you already are, no?
IMO there are two things going on. Everyone is already infected, when they die, they turn. With Herschel and being bitten, it's something different. Being bitten doesn't turn you, dying does. But you die from being bitten. That's about as simple as it gets :wink2:
Clark Kent referred to something earlier... there's an actual disease that if you eat humans (cannibalism) you can get and eventually die. But it does take some time. Not every cannibal gets it apparently, some are immune. Whether the show incorporates this or not, I don't know.
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
"Ohio Fanatic wrote:
no way it takes that long to move through his system. If that turns out to be the case, then the writers screwed up. bigger question is whether the virus/infection gets eliminated when you cook the flesh, which I doubt as well.
Bob is a goner, there will be no Hershel 2.0 with him.
I loved a Talking Dead question someone posted... who would win in a race, Hershel or Bob?
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
"Pagan wrote:
This is what I don't understand in reading speculation about them being infected by the flesh. Wasn't it revealed a long time ago that everyone is already infected? If so, eating infected flesh won't infect you any more than you already are, no?
Getting bit causes an infection according to season 1. The infection kills you and you become a walker. I don't know if eating an infected person causes an infection similar to a bit though. I suppose it could though (pigs from last year).
sucks that they aren't all going to DC together. (EDIT, but I guess that was the way it had to be... Abraham and Rick, two Alphas, not going to mesh well together, we knew that) Oh and how did the Rick group know the Termites were already at the church?
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
Separating the group worked in the second half of the Fourth Season.
It re-united the same group that made it to Terminus first (Sans Bob and Sasha of course)
The Hunter storyline of the comics was the most satisfying so-far in the series. It's great seeing heels get their com-uppance in such a manor. In the comics Rick does a monologue about how he's pwned these fools. The TV Rick is far less talkative.
I'm really interested to see who was with Darryl at the end of the episode and who got Beth. What city was Beth in, in the preview? Very interesting stuff that's totally a part from the source material.
"Clark Kent wrote:
Getting bit causes an infection according to season 1. The infection kills you and you become a walker. I don't know if eating an infected person causes an infection similar to a bit though. I suppose it could though (pigs from last year).
The pigs caused an infectious influenza type disease.
It's pretty clear that either cooking the virus or having it go through your digestive system doesn't kill you. Still didn't make that scene any less hilarious.
"Paul 13 wrote:
sucks that they aren't all going to DC together. (EDIT, but I guess that was the way it had to be... Abraham and Rick, two Alphas, not going to mesh well together, we knew that) Oh and how did the Rick group know the Termites were already at the church?
If you recall, at one point he told the priest "Now we're being watched.
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
"DolPhinPhan7 wrote:
Separating the group worked in the second half of the Fourth Season.
It re-united the same group that made it to Terminus first (Sans Bob and Sasha of course)
The Hunter storyline of the comics was the most satisfying so-far in the series. It's great seeing heels get their com-uppance in such a manor. In the comics Rick does a monologue about how he's pwned these fools. The TV Rick is far less talkative.
I'm really interested to see who was with Darryl at the end of the episode and who got Beth. What city was Beth in, in the preview? Very interesting stuff that's totally a part from the source material.
I think Darryl will be with Carol and Beth. And then you'll have at least 1 or more episodes of Beth's back story and escape/rescue?
"Sethdaddy8 wrote:
I think Darryl will be with Carol and Beth. And then you'll have at least 1 or more episodes of Beth's back story and escape/rescue?
I would imagine the next episode is all Beth and then we will get to Daryl and Carol the following episode.
"Paul 13 wrote:
sucks that they aren't all going to DC together. (EDIT, but I guess that was the way it had to be... Abraham and Rick, two Alphas, not going to mesh well together, we knew that) Oh and how did the Rick group know the Termites were already at the church?
It was a pretty smart guess. Why else would they turn Bob over in his condition? It was to rile them up and get them to retaliate. Gareth's group baited them into leaving the nest. Once Gareth and co. saw that their plan worked, they charged in knowing only a handful would be left inside the church. Gareth's small group could kill them easily and when Rick's group gets back, they can surprise them as they have the advantage of being in the church, while Rick and co. are outside. Simple divide and conquer.
Once again, Maggie peaces out w/o even asking about Beth... Really sloppy writing lol. I'm really hoping Beth's episode is strong, because so far the show is a pretty solid 3/3 this season.
No complaints from me so far from the current season. I'm curious to know who the next villain will be, besides the never ending flow of walkers. I'm guessing it's whoever kidnapped Beth.
"Jaydog57 wrote:
No complaints from me so far from the current season. I'm curious to know who the next villain will be, besides the never ending flow of walkers. I'm guessing it's whoever kidnapped Beth.
You're probably right. But I'm thinking Beth's captors might be a one off. If Daryl is signaling to Beth to come out of the woods, then they'll only be around for that episode. I feel like that would get boring if her captors hang around too long. Like a redux of Woodberry where they had to go in as a tactical team and get their people back.
Honestly, I could do without a human villain for a bit. Build the zombies back up as a massive threat again. As Rick and co. head towards Washington, they'll be around cities. Which would change the human/zombie dynamic a bit given their larger numbers and closed quarters. In the open fields/woods they're not as big of a threat.
I'd love to see them pay homage to dawn of the dead for a few episodes inside a mall or something.