***Thee Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread***

734 replies

Not So FastNot So FastForum Veteran
Feb 3, 2020, 10:45 PM

Franchise low 3 turnovers!

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Feb 4, 2020, 12:00 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

Only a few days away from the trade deadline which is Thursday. What are some moves you’d like to see your teams make?

For my Knicks I’m thinking the following:
- Marcus Morris and Elfrid Payton for Picks. I’m thinking a team like the Clippers or Lakers could give a 1st.
- Dennis Smith Jr for a bag of balls.
- I’d consider Randle for a younger shooter (I.e. Tyler Herro or Luke Kennard or a proven PG like D Lo Russell) as the Knicks need more floor spacing and a PG but that’s a more complicated scenario particularly for Russell (the Knicks have been linked to trade talks with GSW) as GSW is looking to lower their luxury tax bill. Moving on from Randle for just picks could make sense if one was a lottery pick as it would free up minutes for Knox at his real position and give a real chance to establish himself.

Lmaooo

Gardenhead thinks DSJ is better than Bam, maybe Griffin is as dumb and will give y’all something better than a bag o balls

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Feb 4, 2020, 12:01 AM

Whatever happened to that “hardcore” sixers fan that was in here a couple of years ago giving us shit during the playoffs about how the sixers future was so bright?

Embiid wants the fuck out of there lol

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 4, 2020, 12:54 AM

"BevoPhin wrote:

Lmaooo

Gardenhead thinks DSJ is better than Bam, maybe Griffin is as dumb and will give y’all something better than a bag o balls

He scored 15 tonight, maybe the balls we get back will even include air in them?

Charlotte and the knicks talking about a Rozier/Randle swap. Hard pass. Need a PG but not sure that really helps us. I’ll take Monk and a pick from them tho. They can even have DSJ with it :up:

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Feb 4, 2020, 01:04 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

He scored 15 tonight, maybe the balls we get back will even include air in them?

Charlotte and the knicks talking about a Rozier/Randle swap. Hard pass. Need a PG but not sure that really helps us. I’ll take Monk and a pick from them tho. They can even have DSJ with it :up:

I’d have to know the contracts to give any decent input. I think I remember Rozier getting very overpaid this past offseason. Monk is still on his rookie contract?

I’m still rooting for DSJ. He was the annual “next dwade” of that draft.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 4, 2020, 01:06 AM

"BevoPhin wrote:

I’d have to know the contracts to give any decent input. I think I remember Rozier getting very overpaid this past offseason. Monk is still on his rookie contract?

I’m still rooting for DSJ. He was the annual “next dwade” of that draft.

Randle and Rozier are similar contract wise...Rozier at 3/58 and Randle at 3/63 but year 3 is a team option. Monk still on a rookie deal.

I can’t root for extreme ball dominant Pgs. Never was a DSJ fan. Could try him at the 2 except his shooting is an even bigger drag there

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Feb 4, 2020, 03:28 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

Randle and Rozier are similar contract wise...Rozier at 3/58 and Randle at 3/63 but year 3 is a team option. Monk still on a rookie deal.

I can’t root for extreme ball dominant Pgs. Never was a DSJ fan. Could try him at the 2 except his shooting is an even bigger drag there

Honestly bro...I wouldn’t judge you if you became a heat fan. Probably your best option at this point lol

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 4, 2020, 05:05 AM

"BevoPhin wrote:

Honestly bro...I wouldn’t judge you if you became a heat fan. Probably your best option at this point lol

I won’t change teams. Ever. Just apathy. A whole lot of apathy until Dolan sells the team.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 4, 2020, 12:21 PM

Faith rewarded (somewhat): Knicks just fired Team President Ratface Steve Mills

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Feb 5, 2020, 02:54 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

Faith rewarded (somewhat): Knicks just fired Team President Ratface Steve Mills

Congratulations. But I doubt Dolan can bring in Masai. Dolan honestly needs to just fuck off and focus on his shitty music.

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Feb 5, 2020, 02:55 AM

Slow trading season when a deal centered on Clint Capela and Robert Covington is being reported as “massive” lol

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 5, 2020, 01:22 PM

"BevoPhin wrote:

Congratulations. But I doubt Dolan can bring in Masai. Dolan honestly needs to just **** off and focus on his ****ty music.

Amen bro. From your mouth to Gods ears. :pray:

masai is under contract for another year. But who knows. Maybe he offers a pick.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Feb 5, 2020, 08:26 PM

Why did we extend Iguodala to 30 million? Wtf riley?

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 5, 2020, 08:59 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

Why did we extend Iguodala to 30 million? Wtf riley?

Why did you give up Winslow for him?

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 5, 2020, 09:01 PM

Heat also pursuing Gallinari

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Feb 5, 2020, 09:22 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

Why did you give up Winslow for him?

Riley is going full retard on this... i like gallinari, and ive been wanting him on the Heat for a few years now.. but iguodala does not move the needle one bit and galli does improve our team but the same goes for him, we arent significantly better than the next east team above us because of him.

there isnt a player available out there that puts us over the top.. these are meaningless trades that may hurt the locker room more than anything if we arent careful.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 5, 2020, 09:43 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

Riley is going full ****** on this... i like gallinari, and ive been wanting him on the Heat for a few years now.. but iguodala does not move the needle one bit and galli does improve our team but the same goes for him, we arent significantly better than the next east team above us because of him.

there isnt a player available out there that puts us over the top.. these are meaningless trades that may hurt the locker room more than anything if we arent careful.

I think Igo is pretty much done. I don’t get it. Gallo I can see the value but it would depend on the compensation if it’s worth it. Gallo is expiring at the end of the year

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Feb 5, 2020, 09:45 PM

The Heat clearly don’t trust Winslow to stay healthy. Some guys are just injury prone. Although Iggy is not the paragon of health himself.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Feb 5, 2020, 09:51 PM

"GARDENHEAD wrote:

The Heat clearly don’t trust Winslow to stay healthy. Some guys are just injury prone. Although Iggy is not the paragon of health himself.

Maybe winslows injury is worse than we thought.

Does this mean Riley is going whale hunting? Iggys deal is a team option for the second year.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Feb 5, 2020, 10:04 PM

CP3 and gallo has been very limited in the second half of the cavs game.. im going to throw up if cp3 is in the deal

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Feb 5, 2020, 10:19 PM

Porzingis took an elbow from josh jackson to the nose.. may have broken it.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 6, 2020, 12:48 AM

This may be a crazy deadline... GSW just got Burks and Glenn Robinson lll for 3 2nd round picks. In what parallel universe is that worth 3 2nds?!?!

sports24/7sports24/7Supporter
Feb 6, 2020, 01:48 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

Why did you give up Winslow for him?

It sounds like they are also shedding James Johnson and Dion Waiters (and their big contracts), which is a good thing for the Heat, and Gallinari could be a part of the overall package. It's being reported that the deal in the end could be Winslow, Johnson, and Waiters for Iggy and Gallinari. They'll probably also have to add a draft pick or change the restrictions on the ones OKC already owns, but that's a pretty good deal for Miami if that's what happens. There have also been some rumbling that Winslow wasn't seeing eye to eye with management, and Tim Reynolds (who is really good) even said he didn't think Winslow liked playing for the organization, and might not have been a Heat culture guy. It didn't seem that way to me, but Tim is a lot more plugged in than I am.

It's interesting to me because I have thought that this Heat team reminds me a lot of the 2018-2019 Raptors in that you have a really good head coach, add a star in Jimmy Butler like the Raptors did with Kawhi (although Leonard is obviously better), and get a breakout season from Bam like they got from Siakam. Now, there might be even more parallels if the Heat pull off these moves for good veteran role players in Iggy and Gallinari like Toronto did at the deadline with Gasol and Ibaka. I'm not expecting it to end the way that it ended for the Raptors because I think the two LA teams are really good and will be incredibly tough to beat in the finals, but it wouldn't shock me if Miami did some damage in the playoffs, and even got to the finals.

Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 6, 2020, 02:29 AM

"sports24/7 wrote:

It sounds like they are also shedding James Johnson and Dion Waiters (and their big contracts), which is a good thing for the Heat, and Gallinari could be a part of the overall package. It's being reported that the deal in the end could be Winslow, Johnson, and Waiters for Iggy and Gallinari. They'll probably also have to add a draft pick or change the restrictions on the ones OKC already owns, but that's a pretty good deal for Miami if that's what happens. There have also been some rumbling that Winslow wasn't seeing eye to eye with management, and Tim Reynolds (who is really good) even said he didn't think Winslow liked playing for the organization, and might not have been a Heat culture guy. It didn't seem that way to me, but Tim is a lot more plugged in than I am.

It's interesting to me because I have thought that this Heat team reminds me a lot of the 2018-2019 Raptors in that you have a really good head coach, add a star in Jimmy Butler like the Raptors did with Kawhi (although Leonard is obviously better), and get a breakout season from Bam like they got from Siakam. Now, there might be even more parallels if the Heat pull off these moves for good veteran role players in Iggy and Gallinari like Toronto did at the deadline with Gasol and Ibaka. I'm not expecting it to end the way that it ended for the Raptors because I think the two LA teams are really good and will be incredibly tough to beat in the finals, but it wouldn't shock me if Miami did some damage in the playoffs, and even got to the finals.

Hadn’t heard the James Johnson or Waiters inclusion part. Waiters contract in particular is a tough pill to swallow.

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Feb 6, 2020, 02:43 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

Hadn’t heard the James Johnson or Waiters inclusion part. Waiters contract in particular is a tough pill to swallow.

Its everywhere in the heat twitterverse.

This shows me Riley and Andy have their eyes on 2021. Gallo on an expiring and the team option on Iggy. They have the assets to have traded for a better player, but wanted that cap space for 2021. They’re whale hunting, and I love that they’re going for it. Plus, Gallo and Iggy do make the team better this year than an injured Winslow, and JJ and Dion who aren’t key players. That’s gotta make Jimmy and Bam happy.