ThePHINS Survivor 2 - Dolfan984's Host Thread - Please read at least once

71 repliesLockedPinned

Dolfan984Dolfan984Forum VeteranOP
Mar 10, 2011, 03:54 PM

Hey guys this thread is initially for the new rules for this coming season. That's the reason I wanted you guys to read over this one time so everyone understands the changes going on.

First off the most major rule change is cheating will automatically disqualify your team from that challenge. We had some cheating in the beginning of the game last year, some which was my fault for picking a wrong game, but overall try to play a clean game. If something happens which is my own fault, then exceptions can be made. So if you cheat, and I find out, your team automatically loses and you have to eliminate a team member.

Second is I'm going to be a bit more strict on players arguing with me over rulings. I do not play favorites in this game. If you do not like a ruling, you can absolutely discuss it with me. But I'm not going to take the crap I took last season. I also don't need a sarcastic comment just because I didn't do something you liked, or changed my mind on something small that makes the game better/fairer in my eyes. Last year when I let SICK make his adjustments because the entire 30 minutes was taken up by the BIG E's team is an example of that.

Third is Redemption Island. Some of you understand this concept already. The person voted off goes to Redemption Island and faces the last person to get voted out to see who gets to stay in the game with a chance to eventually come back into the game. The catch is with this is all you know is either 1 or 2 people are going to be coming back in the game at some point. You will not know when this will happen, but the only clue I can give you is if it starts becoming more and more of a blowout (which I believe is unlikely) the more likely it'll be 2 people than 1 person. So be very cautious on who you vote out, it could end up coming back to bite you.

Fourth is simple. If a tribe gets over a 1 person lead, they will have to sit out someone out on the next challenge. If you're up 2 members you have to sit 1, 3 members you sit out 2 etc. The same person CANNOT sit out back to back challenges. This should make it easy to make complete team challenges without too much of an advantage/disadvantage. We did not have to face this at all last year except for the very last challenge, but just in case it does happen we have an official ruling.

Otherwise this thread is for me to give my random thoughts on the game. Nothing from what anyone tells me personally will be mentioned this thread. I'll put a few posts on here before the game starts, maybe a little pre draft power ranking. Also if anyone has any questions they'd like to ask publically you can feel free to ask in this thread. I'm available via PMs and AIM as well.

my aim = phinphanphorever

Ricky Williams - "I will always be a Dolphin."

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Mar 11, 2011, 10:48 PM

I like these new rules. Especially cheating and sitting players when there is a lead. I thought last year's game was nearly perfect except when Dender was basically eliminated in a challenge before it even started by having to compete against impossible odds.

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Mar 12, 2011, 04:40 AM

"MonstBlitz wrote:

I like these new rules. Especially cheating and sitting players when there is a lead. I thought last year's game was nearly perfect except when Dender was basically eliminated in a challenge before it even started by having to compete against impossible odds.


Well he says he doesn't play favorites but he obviously hates Dender and put him in a no win situation. It's ****ing bull****!

Dolfan984Dolfan984Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2011, 12:40 PM

"Skeet84 wrote:

Well he says he doesn't play favorites but he obviously hates Dender and put him in a no win situation. It's ****ing bull****!


Hey the challenges fall where they fall...and I don't hate my own brother hahahahaha. It does tell me that I should probably use that break the plate game as an earlier individual immunity challenge though. Actually a lot of the order of challenges are going to change. Some slightly, some quite a bit. I learned a lot from running it last year.

Ricky Williams - "I will always be a Dolphin."

TrowaTrowaNew Member
Mar 12, 2011, 04:05 PM

Fourth is simple. If a tribe gets over a 1 person lead, they will have to sit out someone out on the next challenge. If you're up 2 members you have to sit 1, 3 members you sit out 2 etc. The same person CANNOT sit out back to back challenges. This should make it easy to make complete team challenges without too much of an advantage/disadvantage. We did not have to face this at all last year except for the very last challenge, but just in case it does happen we have an official ruling.

This is retarded.

Dolfan984Dolfan984Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2011, 05:45 PM

"Trowa wrote:

This is retarded.


In regular survivor it's the same exact rules except they keep it completely even.

"MonstBlitz wrote:

I like these new rules. Especially cheating and sitting players when there is a lead.

Eh, can't please everyone I guess.

Ricky Williams - "I will always be a Dolphin."

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Mar 12, 2011, 09:15 PM

"Trowa wrote:

This is retarded.


Kinda agree, if a team is kicking ass, they shouldnt be punished. jmo

Dolfan984Dolfan984Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2011, 11:35 PM

"SICK wrote:

Kinda agree, if a team is kicking ass, they shouldnt be punished. jmo


Ok I'm going out tonight I'll post up a poll after I announce the winner of the coin toss.

Ricky Williams - "I will always be a Dolphin."

Dolfan984Dolfan984Forum Veteran
Mar 18, 2011, 04:46 PM

1st challenge will be posted right after the draft is over. This game's really close to starting guys. :)

Ricky Williams - "I will always be a Dolphin."

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
Mar 20, 2011, 03:31 PM

This is going to be great fun!

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Mar 20, 2011, 04:24 PM

Looking at the team I am on.........all that comes to mind is..................who the **** is Financious D ?

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Mar 20, 2011, 04:28 PM

"SICK wrote:

Looking at the team I am on.........all that comes to mind is..................who the **** is Financious D ?


He can buy beer, plays World of Warcraft, and the D stands for Douchebag.

That's all I know. :shifty:

TrowaTrowaNew Member
Mar 20, 2011, 04:44 PM

"SICK wrote:

Looking at the team I am on.........all that comes to mind is..................who the **** is Financious D ?


There's still time to defect. We could use a mole on Skeet's team :lol:

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Mar 20, 2011, 04:49 PM

"Trowa wrote:

There's still time to defect. We could use a mole on Skeet's team :lol:

Get the **** out of here before I punch you in the face

TrowaTrowaNew Member
Mar 20, 2011, 04:55 PM

"Skeet84 wrote:

Get the **** out of here before I punch you in the face


Someone is cranky.

Dolfan984Dolfan984Forum Veteran
Mar 20, 2011, 05:04 PM

I'm beginning to write up the first challenge as we speak.

Ricky Williams - "I will always be a Dolphin."

Dolfan984Dolfan984Forum Veteran
Mar 20, 2011, 05:35 PM

As soon as I get both team name submissions I will post up both team threads. I wanted to wait until I had the teams named this year.

Ricky Williams - "I will always be a Dolphin."

Dolfan984Dolfan984Forum Veteran
Mar 22, 2011, 01:59 PM

In general I really like Skeet's team's idea of the office themed avatars...but man Sick's "Creed" takes the cake with the homeless man joke :yes::lol:

Ricky Williams - "I will always be a Dolphin."

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Mar 22, 2011, 02:54 PM

"Dolfan984 wrote:

In general I really like Skeet's team's idea of the office themed avatars...but man Sick's "Creed" take the cake with the homeless man joke :yes::lol:


Credit goes to gish, i literally pm'ed him and said "use this picture, think of something funny....GO!"

and he sent me this golden gem. Dude is creative. It's a pleasure to be on a team with him.

Dolfan984Dolfan984Forum Veteran
Mar 22, 2011, 02:58 PM

"SICK wrote:

Credit goes to gish, i literally pm'ed him and said "use this picture, think of something funny....GO!"

and he sent me this golden gem. Dude is creative. It's a pleasure to be on a team with him.


Skeet knew what he was doing. It almost feels like each captain got close to the exact team they wanted.

I bet the banners this year are going to make the ones from last year look like crap.

Ricky Williams - "I will always be a Dolphin."

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Mar 22, 2011, 03:28 PM

WTF does "Tenchu" mean skeet?

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Mar 22, 2011, 03:42 PM

"SICK wrote:

WTF does "Tenchu" mean skeet?


It my Xbox Live Gamertag and a Nickname I got from Paintball (I wore all black to play paintball one day.) Its an old xbox game and Tenchu is a Ninja in the game.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Mar 22, 2011, 03:47 PM

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Mar 22, 2011, 03:54 PM

Oh cool, i am on a team full of dorks...............

just kidding dont vote me off :lol:

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Mar 22, 2011, 04:09 PM

"SICK wrote:

Oh cool, i am on a team full of dorks...............

just kidding dont vote me off :lol:

Just give'm swirlies, you meathead. :tongue2:

This thread is locked.