Three veterans set to visit Miami Dolphins as free agency continues

9 replies

SceetoSceetoForum VeteranOP
Mar 10, 2016, 05:30 PM

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article65168077.html

Tackle Bushrod, defensive ends Ayers and Jones on Miami’s radar

Dolphins have yet to address their need at offensive guard

Perhaps they envision Bushrod, who played under Adam Gase last year, moving inside.

Then there’s the matter of his health. Bushrod is likely out until training camp after undergoing labrum surgery in February.

As for defensive end, the Dolphins need at least one veteran after letting Olivier Vernon walk Wednesday. Ayers, 30, is a former first-round pick who was in Denver with Gase a few years back. Jones is a year younger. He’s had stints with the Titans, Seahawks and Lions in his eight-year career.

LBLBsFinestNew Member
Mar 10, 2016, 05:31 PM

Dolphins have yet to address their need at offensive guard

well hey it wasn't like we trotted out the worst set of guards in football

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Mar 10, 2016, 05:38 PM

the complete lack from year to year to address the Oline baffles me. The draft is a gamble. The offensive line needs to be fix why the hell 3 head coaches and revisions of this team fail to address it baffles my small brain...

BigNastyDB13BigNastyDB13New Member
Mar 10, 2016, 05:46 PM

"Dorfdad wrote:

the complete lack from year to year to address the Oline baffles me. The draft is a gamble. The offensive line needs to be fix why the hell 3 head coaches and revisions of this team fail to address it baffles my small brain...

Not the head coaches responsibility. This is a front office fail. Something we as fin fans should get used to with Tbaum on board. This franchise needed to blow it up and tank this year and build for the future. Get thill and his contract off the books and try to be in the thick of things in 2-3 yrs. This half ass measures we ve done screams 6-10 again unless our qb miraculously starts playing consistently at a high level. Hasn't happened in 4 yrs. At least my baseball team is badass! Da Mets!

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Mar 10, 2016, 08:14 PM

LMAO

Annnnd...it turns into a Tannehill thread.

Good job.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Mar 10, 2016, 08:46 PM

Those were 6 of the most gratifying wins ever in one season.

Redskins - Landry wins it by taking it to the house

Titans - The end of Philbin and Tennessee coach complaining about how we're too physical.

Texans - We didn't just get the monkey off our back. We bukaked that monkey as it was running away.

Philly - Gutsy come from behind win, where we got to laugh at Sanchez one more time.

Baltimore - We got another monkey off our back and saw a beautiful TD grab by our rookie.

New England - We kept them from home field advantage in a game where they really disrespected us in the first half.

Puka-headPuka-headSupporter
Mar 11, 2016, 01:40 AM

Denver fans I know were especially grateful for that NE win.

And I think I may be starting to hate the Texassans more than the jest at this point. Hate them. Ok maybe not more than the jest but ill cheer for whoever playing them. Unless its the jest.

Flip the flipping texassans.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Mar 11, 2016, 02:22 AM

"LBsFinest wrote:

well hey it wasn't like we trotted out the worst set of guards in football

I will say this...I have been a fan of the Dolphins and followed them since 1967...in the time since then I have never seen a worse full season starter on our OL than Dallas Thomas.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

LBLBsFinestNew Member
Mar 11, 2016, 08:28 AM

"MrClean wrote:

I will say this...I have been a fan of the Dolphins and followed them since 1967...in the time since then I have never seen a worse full season starter on our OL than Dallas Thomas.

I don't know bro you could honestly make a case for any of the futile Four Horsemen, Thomas, Colombo, Clabo, and Jon Martin....nobody could find terrible offensive lineman like good ole Ginger.

jason8erjason8erLuxury Box
Mar 11, 2016, 08:38 AM

"MrClean wrote:

I will say this...I have been a fan of the Dolphins and followed them since 1967...in the time since then I have never seen a worse full season starter on our OL than Dallas Thomas.

He unseated Marc Columbo for that honor, which I didn't think would be possible.