Travis Daniels has some nice parting words

18 replies

HiggiHiggiForum VeteranOP
Aug 21, 2008, 01:00 PM

"I appreciate all the support over the years. I really enjoyed playing in Dolphin Stadium. It's something that I dreamed of as a little kid. In life, change will come. You accept it and roll with the punches. I have a great opportunity here in Cleveland and I will make the most out of it. To all my Dolfans i will miss you.

Sincerely,

Travis Daniels

via a text message to Omar from the Sun Sentinel - link

TheAnswer385TheAnswer385Forum Veteran
Aug 21, 2008, 01:06 PM

good stuff didnt care for him as a player but good stuff

ARarsenalNew Member
Aug 21, 2008, 01:08 PM

wish he kept the form he showed as a rookie... i know the injury in his 2nd year really put him back...

oh well, hope he plays great in cleveland (except when playing the fins)

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Aug 21, 2008, 01:10 PM

Considering he has a shot at starting on his new team, I'd be gracious in my parting words too.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

HiggiHiggiForum Veteran
Aug 21, 2008, 01:11 PM

"arsenal wrote:

wish he kept the form he showed as a rookie... i know the injury in his 2nd year really put him back...

oh well, hope he plays great in cleveland (except when playing the fins)

agreed... i always rooted for him just because he was from miami and a life long fins fan. imagine if any of us would of grown up to be drafted by the fins... talk about a dream.

like you said, just too bad he never improved on year one.

[deleted][deleted]Luxury Box
Aug 21, 2008, 01:19 PM

That was classy.

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Aug 21, 2008, 01:25 PM

Didn't care much for Travis Daniels the player, but he seems like a great guy. I know he was a South Florida native, so I'm sure he loved playing here. I wish him all the best in Cleveland.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

TEtexasPHINSfanNew Member
Aug 21, 2008, 01:30 PM

i think he needed more of a chance. he was damn fine his rookie year for a 4th round pick... i think his regression has to do with all the turnover on the coaching staff & FO. With a new scheme every year, and new positional info every year, you can't blame the guy for getting confused and struggling.

given that he played well his rookie year, we know what he is capable of. too bad they threw in the towel on him so early.

classy last words to us though. thanks travis. :up:

*

ATATLFINFANSupporter
Aug 21, 2008, 02:23 PM

Never a fan of the player since I thought he was given to much credit his rookie year,(JMO) but its real easy to root for a guy who leaves like that. There have been a few others that should take note.

shaunm000shaunm000Forum Veteran
Aug 21, 2008, 02:44 PM

Class Act.

calphincalphinNew Member
Aug 21, 2008, 02:54 PM

That's very rare these days days.

Best of luck


Thanks Gish

PMZQPMZQNew Member
Aug 21, 2008, 03:45 PM

Classy way to leave a team.....wish JT had done the same.

ALalen1New Member
Aug 21, 2008, 03:48 PM

Much better than Feely. Wish Daniels luck in Cleveland, I expect him to be the nickel corner for them.

JajJajNew Member
Aug 21, 2008, 03:58 PM

"PMZQ wrote:

Classy way to leave a team.....wish JT had done the same.

He did. He bought a full page add to do it.

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Aug 21, 2008, 03:59 PM

"PMZQ wrote:

Classy way to leave a team.....wish JT had done the same.

Yeah. JT should have taken out a full page ad in all the So. Fla. magazines to thank Miami. He should have.

ALalen1New Member
Aug 21, 2008, 04:01 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

The cornerback situation is so bad in Cleveland, he has a legitimate shot at starting.

I don't think he's a better corner than Brandon McDonald or Eric Wright.

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Aug 21, 2008, 04:02 PM

I don't know about starting, especially this late, but they traded a 7th for him, he'll have a spot for sure. Good for him.

gunn34gunn34New Member
Aug 21, 2008, 04:25 PM

"TheAnswer385 wrote:

good stuff didnt care for him as a player but good stuff

Ditto. :knucks:

FIFinsAreLifeNew Member
Aug 21, 2008, 04:41 PM

best of luck to him