Troy Smith gets the suprise start

7 replies

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew MemberOP
Oct 27, 2010, 07:47 PM

Alex Smith of San Francisco 49ers out with separated shoulder - ESPN

Good gamble by Singletary, Smith can run better then either of the other QB's and likely protect the ball better also. I like the move alot, Smith was slated to start Flacco's rookie year but came down with an illness and the rest is history.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2010, 08:14 PM

What a disaster this team has become.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Oct 27, 2010, 08:23 PM

"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:

What a disaster this team has become.

Sad thing is in that laughable division it wouldnt suprise me if they came back and won it.

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2010, 09:09 PM

That division is the worst in all sports.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 27, 2010, 09:57 PM

"FinSane wrote:

That division is the worst in all sports.

Very true. I think there are SunBelt Conference teams that could probably take that division.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

RickyBobbyRickyBobbyNew Member
Oct 28, 2010, 09:18 AM

good, im glad for the guy he has played well whenever he has had a chance.
I think he starts game 1 next year...Im in his corner

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Oct 29, 2010, 12:33 AM

I think Seattle will be good enough to hold them off, they aren't good but they do have one of the few true home field advantages. In another 2-3 years the Rams may be one of the better teams, they are going upward but need to have some solid drafts still.

Overall though, we could cut both AFC and NFC Wests and lose the bottom third of the league lol.

As far as Smith, I hope he does well, I was a fan of his in college and think he can be a good pro - we will see.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Nov 1, 2010, 11:41 AM

I think the rams win that division.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.