UCF FINatic's Weight Loss Diary
263 replies
I am going to post each day what I eat and what activities I do. This is mostly to keep me accountable, plus if I do have some great success people can copy what I did. I plan on at least updating this each day for the next 10-weeks. Realistically, I am trying to lose 2 pounds per week for a total of 20 pounds lost during the 10 weeks. I will weight in every week (wearing the same clothes to keep everything consistent).
Beginning Stats:
Date: 6/10/12
Height: 5'9
Weight: 216 (I weighted myself on a Publix scale wearing sperrys, blue athletic shorts (with underwear lol), grey American Eagle T-shirt, and black UCF hat.)
As a note I will be taking a One-A-Day Men's Pro Edge Multivitamin everyday.
I am going to try to achieve these goals everyday:
Calories - 1900
Protein - 150g (600 calories)
Fat - 60g (540 calories)
Carbs - 200g (800 calories)
Total Cals - 1940 (1950 or 1900 is fine).
6/10/12
Food
Chi-Chi's Fiesta Plates Creamy Chipotle Chicken
Publix Fruit on the Bottom Dutch Apple Pie Low Fat Yogurt
Body Fortress Whey Protein - Chocolate mixed with water
Publix Enriched Long Grain Boil-In-Bag Rice
Chicken (little under a pound)
Teriyaki marinade
Soy Sauce
Blue Diamond Almonds - Smokehouse
Diet Coke (no nutritional value)
Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla yogurt - Vanilla (frozen and eaten like ice cream)
Exercise
500 jumping jacks (5 sets of 100)
50 push-ups (5 sets of 10)
8 minute abs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNqrkGnkUWc)
(I realize this isn't much exercise, but I wanted to sort of ease into working out rather than burn myself out right away.)
Day 1 Totals:
Calories - 1870
Protein - 182g
Fat - 51g
Carbs - 177g
Notes: This really can't be a diet, can it? I have eaten everything I have felt like and still met my goals. I was a little short on Fat and Carbs, but I think I made up for that with my 182g of protein (hopefully this much protein is okay...). I seriously could make this a lifestyle change. While I am looking at the totals and I "should" lose weight I just don't know how that is possible because I felt satisfied and full all day. I ate when I wanted to (stopped that eat every 2-3 hours crap). I can't wait to see if this actually works in a week. Also the myfitnesspal app is unreal. I downloaded a while ago and never really gave it a chance, but this thing is freaking sweet and makes it so simple to keep track of your nutritional values.
6/11/12
Food
Banana
Body Fortress Whey Protein - Chocolate mixed with water
Blue Diamond Almonds - Smokehouse
Natures Own Whole Wheat Bread with One slice of Publix Medium Cheddar cheese and 2 oz of Publix smoked turkey
Cliff Bar - White Chocolate Macadamia Nut
Diet Coke (no nutritional value)
Publix Enriched Long Grain Boil-In-Bag Rice
Chicken (little under a pound)
Teriyaki marinade
Soy Sauce
Exercise
2.4 Mile Bicycle ride to work
2.4 Mile Bicycle ride from work
600 Jumping Jacks (6 sets of 100)
60 push-ups (6 sets of 10)
Day 2 Totals:
Calories - 1900
Protein - 183g
Fat - 46g
Carbs - 213g
Notes: I half expected to wake up in the morning with soreness/tenderness in my calves, arms, or abs because of yesterdays work out, but had none. I guess I can contribute this to how much protein I ate yesterday. As the day is progressing I am getting slightly sore in the previously mentioned body parts; I am kind of glad in a weird way to see that my "workout" didn't go to waste yesterday. Forget everything I said about not being sore earlier on in the day... As the hours ticked by I noticed "ohhh, that hurts when I move that way." As the time passed my body started to ache in more places. By the time it was time for my jumping jacks and push-ups, I didn't want to do them. Simple solution, I pulled up some hot lady pictures and looked at them for motivation ;) My body may have ached, but I am the master of it and tell it to do whatever the hell I want to do. My body is my bitch lover.
6/12/12
Food
Banana
Body Fortress Whey Protein - Chocolate mixed with water
Macintosh Apple
Natures Own Whole Wheat Bread with One slice of Publix Medium Cheddar cheese and 2 oz of Publix smoked turkey
Diet Coke (no nutritional value)
Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl - white rice, chicken, all salsas (except the green one), sour cream, cheese, and lettuce.
Body Fortress Whey Protein - Chocolate mixed with water
Soy Milk Plus Dha Omega 3 & Calcium - 1 cup
Exercise
2.4 Mile Bicycle ride to work
2.4 Mile Bicycle ride from work
8 minute abs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNqrkGnkUWc)
50 push-ups (5 sets of 10)
250 jumping jacks
Day 3 Totals:
Calories - 1635
Protein - 138g
Fat - 52g
Carbs - 178g
Notes: Body was still sore today. I must push on though. Early on in the day I kind of decided that I wanted to get Chipotle. Since I CAN eat anything on this diet I said, "why the hell not?" In order to feel better about splurging and getting Chipotle I cut out my Clif Bar from lunch (that gave me an extra 270 calories and 41g of Carbs to apply towards Chipotle). Since my body was sore I took it easy on the exercise. That being said, I plan on remaining well under 1900 calories for the day. Additionally, I plan on stopping by Planet Fitness in order to check out their deals. Thanks for the support guys!
6/13/12
Food
Banana
Body Fortress Whey Protein - Chocolate mixed with water
Clif Bar - Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch
Macintosh Apple
Natures Own Whole Wheat Bread with One slice of Publix Medium Cheddar cheese and 2 oz of Publix smoked turkey
Natures Own Whole Wheat Bread with One slice of Publix Medium Cheddar cheese and Starkist Tuna Salad
Smart Ones Macaroni and Cheese
Muscle Milk
Exercise
2.4 Mile Bicycle ride to work
2.4 Mile Bicycle ride from work
50 push-ups (5 sets of 10)
500 jumping jacks
Day 4 Totals:
Calories - 1550
Protein - 115g
Fat - 41g
Carbs - 214g (wow..)
Notes: I had really little calories today. Mostly because I was constantly on the go at work. I never felt like I was starving myself though and wasn't super hungry. I don't plan to continually get this little calories. Additionally, I have been slacking on my protein the last two days; hopefully that doesn't make a huge difference. I still haven't had a problem craving fat food, I have never really had a sweet tooth. That being said, I am usually pretty high on my Carbs. I think that is my weakness. My body is constantly sore throughout the day. Push-ups everyday are killing me as I never seem to recover from them before its time to do more.
6/14/12
Food
Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt
Body Fortress Whey Protein - Chocolate mixed with water
Cliff Bar - White Chocolate Macadamia Nut
Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
Starkist Tuna Salad
Natures Own Whole wheat bread (two slices)
Publix Medium Cheddar Cheese
Hormel Compleats - Chicken and Gravy with Mash potatoes
Woodchuck - Amber
Blue Moon - Belgian White
Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt
Exercise
2.4 Mile Bicycle ride to work
2.4 Mile Bicycle ride from work
Day 5 Totals:
Calories - 1751
Protein - 104g
Fat - 57g
Carbs - 175g
Notes: I've decided I am going to do the 40 mile bike trail this coming Saturday. That will be my only exercise for the day and I will use Sunday as a "recovery" day and not workout at all. I am strangely looking forward to the 40 mile bike ride, probably because then I won't have to do push-ups lol. I might have a hard time fitting in my exercise today as it is one of my friends 21st birthdays, but I will do my best. Worse comes to worse, I will do 1,000 jumping jacks tomorrow and 100 push-ups. Also as it gets closer to Sunday, I get more and more excited about seeing how much weight I have lost.
6/15/12
Food
Crystal Light - Raspberry Lemonade
Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl - white rice, chicken, all salsas (except the green one), sour cream, cheese, and lettuce.
Starkist Tuna Salad
Birds Eye Steamfresh Super Sweet Corn
Wishbone Light Italian dressing
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Publix Chicken Breast
Muscle Milk
Exercise
8 minute abs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNqrkGnkUWc)
110 push-ups (11 sets of 10)
1,000 jumping jacks (5 sets of 100 and 10 sets of 50)
Day 6 Totals:
Calories - 1580
Protein - 139g
Fat - 66g
Carbs - 110g
Notes: Those numbers might be a little on the light side as I accounted for only 8 oz of chicken when I actually had about 9 oz. Taking the day off yesterday really paid off, I felt no soreness and was able to grind out a lot more push ups and jumping jacks than usual. I look forward to riding 40 miles tomorrow!
6/16/12
Food
Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla
2 Publix Medium Cheddar cheese slice
Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl - white rice, chicken, all salsas (except the green one), sour cream, cheese, and lettuce.
Muscle Milk
Light Italian Dressing
Chicken Breast
Diet Mountain Dew
Salad
Diet Mountain Dew
Exercise
3 Hour bike ride
750 jumping jacks (5 sets of 100 and 5 sets of 50)
100 push-ups (10 sets of 10)
8 minute abs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNqrkGnkUWc)
Day 7 Totals:
Calories - 1650
Protein - 140g
Fat - 69g
Carbs - 124g
Notes: I should just call this the Chipotle diet seeing as I have eaten there like 3 times this week lol. Their burrito bowls are pretty good though and they have a ton of protein. I decided to work out pretty hard today because I have a feeling I am going to be pretty sore tomorrow. If I am considering taking tomorrow off in terms of working out, or at the very least working out lightly. Looking in the mirror I can notice a pretty big difference; I look more muscular and lighter than I have in the past. I cannot wait to see the results tomorrow.
Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!
Cocaine is a helluva drug, is all I'm saying.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
May be a good idea to add what supplements you are using and whether you can see them working or not.
LOTS of quackery in the supplement field.
AM cardio on an empty stomach 4-5 x a week and do not eat anything past 630pm. Watch it shred away.

UCF, have you discovered what body type you have?
Simple check is wrist diameter, if your thumb and middle finger can wrap around your wrist, you are an ectomorph, if they almost or barely touch, you are a mesomorph, if they cannot touch you are and endomorph.
This and look into blood type diets..interesting stuff, won't replace doing the work of course, but maybe can give you some direction without trial and error.
"padre31 wrote:
UCF, have you discovered what body type you have?
Simple check is wrist diameter, if your thumb and middle finger can wrap around your wrist, you are an ectomorph, if they almost or barely touch, you are a mesomorph, if they cannot touch you are and endomorph.
This and look into blood type diets..interesting stuff, won't replace doing the work of course, but maybe can give you some direction without trial and error.
I am either an ectomorph or mesomorph. I can touch my thumb to my middle finger around the wrist, but I have to squeeze. All in all, I would say I am mesomorph. I never knew they had diets based on this type of stuff. I'll have to look into it.
EDIT: After researching more about body time and what each one entails I feel like I am more of a mesomorph and maybe a little endomorph. I am what you would call "big-boned" especially in the thighs. I luckily get away with looking like I weigh less than I actually do because most of my weight is in my big thighs.
Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!
There is a sort of duel meso/endomorph, but my wrist diameter is about the same as yours.
What I've found is I can muscle rapidly, but when losing weight I hit sticking points and pretty much have to take calorie restricted/lots of cardio approach to make it past them.
I've hovered between 202-208 for a couple of weeks now and only rafting for 6 hours yesterday with no food brought it down to 201 but I could tell I was exhausted when literally having a single beer and relaxing listening to a band led to me darn near crashing/falling asleep right then and there...then there was the 2 mile trip home on the bike up the mtn side!
All that and I lost one pound!
Another thing I do is track my weight every morning and then put the daily results in a spread sheet and graph it to see which way the trend is going compared to working out and what I've been eating..keeps me from letting a bad trend from continuing and lets me know where I'm at in my goals.
"padre31 wrote:
There is a sort of duel meso/endomorph, but my wrist diameter is about the same as yours.
What I've found is I can muscle rapidly, but when losing weight I hit sticking points and pretty much have to take calorie restricted/lots of cardio approach to make it past them.
I've hovered between 202-208 for a couple of weeks now and only rafting for 6 hours yesterday with no food brought it down to 201 but I could tell I was exhausted when literally having a single beer and relaxing listening to a band led to me darn near crashing/falling asleep right then and there...then there was the 2 mile trip home on the bike up the mtn side!
All that and I lost one pound!
Another thing I do is track my weight every morning and then put the daily results in a spread sheet and graph it to see which way the trend is going compared to working out and what I've been eating..keeps me from letting a bad trend from continuing and lets me know where I'm at in my goals.
It sounds like we have the same body type. In the past, I always used to hover around the 180 pound mark. No matter what I seemed to do nothing would work to get below that weight, even playing lacrosse in high school (a ton of running) didn't help me that much. That being said, when I have "dieted" in the past by mostly working as many hours as possible as a Publix stock clerk and eating very healthy otherwise I was able to shed weight fast. I hope that I experience the same thing now, especially since I am 23 and I know my metabolism is about to slow down.
That's a good point about logging your weight every day. I used to have a scale but lent it to someone and never got it back. Next time I go to Orlando I am going to hunt it down like a blood hound. That being said, I think right now since I am just starting out I might be more motivated by only weighing myself once a week so I see bigger results. Once I get down to a lower weight I might incorporate your strategy.
Thank you so much everyone! I love all the support from my fellow Dolphin fans. And while the team may suck every once in a while (or for quite some time), the fans never do! :knucks:
Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!
"padre31 wrote:
UCF, have you discovered what body type you have?
Somatotypes (Endomorph, Ectomorph, and Mesomorph) are pseudoscience. It was invented by William Herbert Sheldon. He took a bunch of nude pictures of Ivy League students and came up with a bunch of physiological and personality types to match. His theory's have since been discredited.
padre31 wrote:
This and look into blood type diets..interesting stuff, won't replace doing the work of course, but maybe can give you some direction without trial and error.
Blood Type diet is garbage brah.
Medical experts universally agree that the theory is nonsense, and say there is absolutely no link between our blood group and the diet we eat. Consequently you won’t find qualified nutritionists or dietitians recommending this diet.
There are not many positive things to say about this diet, which is clearly based on science fiction rather than science fact.
"UCF FINatic wrote:
It sounds like we have the same body type. In the past, I always used to hover around the 180 pound mark. No matter what I seemed to do nothing would work to get below that weight, even playing lacrosse in high school (a ton of running) didn't help me that much. That being said, when I have "dieted" in the past by mostly working as many hours as possible as a Publix stock clerk and eating very healthy otherwise I was able to shed weight fast. I hope that I experience the same thing now, especially since I am 23 and I know my metabolism is about to slow down.
That's a good point about logging your weight every day. I used to have a scale but lent it to someone and never got it back. Next time I go to Orlando I am going to hunt it down like a blood hound. That being said, I think right now since I am just starting out I might be more motivated by only weighing myself once a week so I see bigger results. Once I get down to a lower weight I might incorporate your strategy.
Thank you so much everyone! I love all the support from my fellow Dolphin fans. And while the team may suck every once in a while (or for quite some time), the fans never do! :knucks:
You are probably better off weighing yourself everyday when you first start out so you can get a feel for what works and what does not work for you, as you learn that you know what you can avoid and what is effective.
The problem with once a week is you will not then be certain what is working and what is causing problems.
"padre31 wrote:
You are probably better off weighing yourself everyday when you first start out so you can get a feel for what works and what does not work for you, as you learn that you know what you can avoid and what is effective.
The problem with once a week is you will not then be certain what is working and what is causing problems.
Agreed. More numbers are better. Glycogen and water can fluctuate from 1-15lbs depending on various factors like carb intake, sodium intake, etc... In fact, one of the best ways to know whether your diet is working properly is the lack of bowel movements. If you're in a deficit, they will be cut down quite a bit. That means it's storing inside for a while and keeping the scale up when you're really losing fat.
When you get a gym membership, you'll have access to a scale, so track often.
"Clark Kent wrote:
Agreed. More numbers are better. Glycogen and water can fluctuate from 1-15lbs depending on various factors like carb intake, sodium intake, etc... In fact, one of the best ways to know whether your diet is working properly is the lack of bowel movements. If you're in a deficit, they will be cut down quite a bit. That means it's storing inside for a while and keeping the scale up when you're really losing fat.
When you get a gym membership, you'll have access to a scale, so track often.
I am curious about sodium intake. Yesterday I was way over my sodium limit and I am curious how this would impact my "diet." I know sodium makes you retain water, but if everything else is in check could I still lose fat? Later down the line after I have lost a good amount of fat could I then just cut out a lot of my sodium in order to lose a lot of "water weight" caused by excess sodium? I am curious to see how sodium plays a role in dieting and if its something I need to monitor closely. If I lose fat and gain water weight (due to more sodium) I am fine with this as I should be able to shed water weight later by restricting sodium intact later down the line. Any imput on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!
"Clark Kent wrote:
Agreed. More numbers are better. Glycogen and water can fluctuate from 1-15lbs depending on various factors like carb intake, sodium intake, etc... In fact, one of the best ways to know whether your diet is working properly is the lack of bowel movements. If you're in a deficit, they will be cut down quite a bit. That means it's storing inside for a while and keeping the scale up when you're really losing fat.
When you get a gym membership, you'll have access to a scale, so track often.
Yessir, bought a scale and check every morning before breakfast.
As for carbs, imo it is better to mix them with a fiber source like raw veggies or legumes. And unlike in your case what works well for me is actually reducing what I call low quality protein and going more with nuts as the fat=protein ratio of the low quality stuff tends to pack weight onto my frame.
Do agree 100% on sauces on your food, but I'd toss mayo into the sauce category, it has a poor quality=calorie relationship.
As for supplements, the ones I've found that work:
-Chromium picolinate
-Vitamin D
-Cayenne
-St John's Wort
Since ma-huang has been banned I generally do not fool with weight loss supplements as they are just not very effective.
"UCF FINatic wrote:
I am curious about sodium intake. Yesterday I was way over my sodium limit and I am curious how this would impact my "diet." I know sodium makes you retain water, but if everything else is in check could I still lose fat? Later down the line after I have lost a good amount of fat could I then just cut out a lot of my sodium in order to lose a lot of "water weight" caused by excess sodium? I am curious to see how sodium plays a role in dieting and if its something I need to monitor closely. If I lose fat and gain water weight (due to more sodium) I am fine with this as I should be able to shed water weight later by restricting sodium intact later down the line. Any imput on this would be greatly appreciated.
Sodium has no effect on body composition. Eat as much as you want. It will make your retain some water though.
"Clark Kent wrote:
Sodium has no effect on body composition. Eat as much as you want. It will make your retain some water though.
One caution with that is eating a large amount of protein and sodium the body will require additional water to process those substances...or I'd suspect constipation would result.
"Clark Kent wrote:
Sodium has no effect on body composition. Eat as much as you want. It will make your retain some water though.
Sodium will retain water like you say. It means he will retain "water weight" meaning the scales may not tell you the whole truth. Water is great for your body and helps clean you but you don't want to retain it when trying to lose weight. As padre said...drink lots of it to prevent cramping and constipation as a high protein diet pretty much requires it. A normal diet should have two gallons of water a day...try for more then that. It gives you that full feeling especially on days when you want to go outside your diets restrictions. Don't eliminate sodium but do try and limit it to a degree. Go for the lightly salted chips or peanuts where possible.
Also UCF, if you had no soreness after your workout you aren't trying hard enough :)
You're on the right track. I've recently simply been counting my calories and using the myfitnesspal app on Iphone to track it and I lost nearly 20lbs in a matter of weeks. Calories in and calories out. Add some excercise and it flies off.
Hint: Don't eat your excercise calories for quicker / more consistent results.
"Boik14 wrote:
Sodium will retain water like you say. It means he will retain "water weight" meaning the scales may not tell you the whole truth. Water is great for your body and helps clean you but you don't want to retain it when trying to lose weight. As padre said...drink lots of it to prevent cramping and constipation as a high protein diet pretty much requires it. A normal diet should have two gallons of water a day...try for more then that. It gives you that full feeling especially on days when you want to go outside your diets restrictions. Don't eliminate sodium but do try and limit it to a degree. Go for the lightly salted chips or peanuts where possible.
Also UCF, if you had no soreness after your workout you aren't trying hard enough :)
Only part I disagree with. Soreness should be expected at first (fight through it the first month) but it should not be used as an indicator long-term. One reason is
Lyle McDonald wrote:
First, the easier of the two which is soreness. Simply, this doesn’t matter. Soreness appears to mainly be an issue of connective tissue damage more than anything muscularly (despite still being called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness or DOMS) and there is no problem training through it. Most find that by the time they finish their warm-ups (see Warming Up for the Weight Room Part 1 and Warming Up for the Weight Room Part 2 for detailed information on this), the majority of the soreness is gone and even more find that as they get used to a higher training frequency soreness becomes much less anyhow. They also usually start growing better.
However, if soreness persists for a prolonged period (even after a month of steady and consistent training) then dialing it back might be for the best as you're overdoing it. In a calorie deficit, muscles don't repair themselves quickly enough (which is why a seasoned lifter can't put on muscle at this time).
MonstBlitz wrote:
You're on the right track. I've recently simply been counting my calories and using the myfitnesspal app on Iphone to track it and I lost nearly 20lbs in a matter of weeks. Calories in and calories out. Add some excercise and it flies off.
Hint: Don't eat your excercise calories for quicker / more consistent results.
Exactly. Also I would add, the only way to truly know how many calories you've burned during exercise is through trial and error and that's a pain in the ass because so many different variables could be at play. Especially with MFP calculating "exercise calories". Those numbers are trash. Hit your goals and do what you do and the weight will come off.
"Clark Kent wrote:
Only part I disagree with. Soreness should be expected at first (fight through it the first month) but it should not be used as an indicator long-term. One reason is
However, if soreness persists for a prolonged period (even after a month of steady and consistent training) then dialing it back might be for the best as you're overdoing it. In a calorie deficit, muscles don't repair themselves quickly enough (which is why a seasoned lifter can't put on muscle at this time).
Exactly. Also I would add, the only way to truly know how many calories you've burned during exercise is through trial and error and that's a pain in the ass because so many different variables could be at play. Especially with MFP calculating "exercise calories". Those numbers are trash. Hit your goals and do what you do and the weight will come off.
The same muscles should not be sore every time and if that happens theres something wrong but if youre not somewhat sore the next morning you probably didnt push yourself hard enough. I am familiar with DOMS but soreness can also result from nothing more then a good intense workout. And the reason pushing yourself would be important is obviously to burn calories, push your body to different limits and to keep yourself interested in working out otherwise it becomes boring and mundane. In short, soreness is a good thing as long as soreness doesnt = pain.
This is also why you take the protein shake AFTER you lift, especially in a calorie deficit, to speed muscle repair. Potassium based foods such as bananas and other fruits also aid this but too much potassium isnt good either.
If you're having soreness continually I would probably try using creatine. Used to help me a lot.
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
"Stringer Bell wrote:
If you're having soreness continually I would probably try using creatine. Used to help me a lot.
I will try that. I have been doing crossfit for about 4 months now, and I pretty spend my entire week sore.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
I will try that. I have been doing crossfit for about 4 months now, and I pretty spend my entire week sore.
be prepared to drink A LOT of water and feel bloated with creatine.
"Boik14 wrote:
be prepared to drink A LOT of water and feel bloated with creatine.
So it is either bloated or sore?
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
So it is either bloated or sore?
Not enough creatine and you can have both... :)
How much will not having a gym membership set me back?
The reason I ask is because I am only going to be in Gainesville for the next six and a half weeks. In order to use a gym for that amount of time I would have to sign up, pay $50, and then cancel my membership. Right after I leave Gainesville, I will be going back to Orlando where I can use Gold's Gym for free (my brother has an account there). Then when I come back up to Gainesville towards the end of August I will be allowed to use the UF gym. All in all, I just don't think it is worth the hassle of going through with it up here since it would only be for a few weeks. Additionally, since I am just starting to diet and exercise I don't think getting a gym membership would make THAT much of a difference in my results. I will continue to push myself doing various workouts and activities I can find online, etc. This weekend I am actually planning on doing a 40 mile bike course.
What are your thoughts?
Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!