UFC/MMA/Boxing Thread
43 replies
No way bro, Paulo won that fight. I wouldn’t have been surprised if the judges gave it to Yoel, but I thought Paulo controlled that fight. I’ve been on this guy for a while, he can bang, he just needs to protect his head better. I think he beats adesanya but my boy Whittaker still runs that division.
Nate Diaz is my 2nd favorite fighter and I hope we see more of him. I don’t bet with my heart usually, but I had to. Him vs Masvidal is going to be tough to root for. I almost always gotta go with the Miami boy. That’s a main event waiting to happen.
Random thought, but el cucuy is the most dangerous man p4p in the UFC. Waiting for him vs Khabib after Khabib wrestlefucks Dustin.
The big 3 fights on that card were amazing. Too bad there won't be another decent card til Khabib v Poirier.
Happy for Stipe great come back.
Been a Diaz fan for years I knew he'd break down Pettis, I was surprised it was more in the clinch than at boxing range.
Costa vs Romero is the kind of fight every MMA fight should be more like but sadly is not. What a war.
Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.
Diaz vs Masvidal November 2nd to main event..
Only thing i dont like is that Dana is creating a fake belt “BMF” for this fight. Now this is turning into WWE..
"Vertical Limit wrote:
Diaz vs Masvidal November 2nd to main event..
Only thing i dont like is that Dana is creating a fake belt “BMF” for this fight. Now this is turning into WWE..
Oooh that’s going to be an awesome fight! I love the Diaz bro’s. You feel like you’re watching a real “fight”.
"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.
Less than 24 hours until were blessed with UFC 244. This card is so nasty that Johnny Walker, who could probably main most cards, is a prelim fight. Take my 60 bucks Dana.
Masvidal vs Diaz
Gastelum vs Till
Wonderboy vs Luque (not confident)
Black Beast vs Ivanov
Kevin Lee vs Gillespie
Anderson vs Johnny Walker Blue
Masvidal vs Diaz is so hard to root for unless you have money on it.
I gotta say the 2 fights im most confident in are Gastelum and Johnny Walker. Thats where my bits are going at least.
Obviously this isn’t a huge MMA board but I’ll keep trying.
Conor is back. Well find out tomorrow night if he’s really back. At -330, it ain’t worth it unless you’re putting 5 figures on it, which I am. Let’s go. Should be some tasty props up tomorrow as well.
Eh not really interested in the match. Vince McMahon, not Dana White, gave Cerrone the script. Conor wins without absorbing much damage and setup his March bout.
"BevoPhin wrote:
Obviously this isn’t a huge MMA board but I’ll keep trying.
Conor is back. Well find out tomorrow night if he’s really back. At -330, it ain’t worth it unless you’re putting 5 figures on it, which I am. Let’s go. Should be some tasty props up tomorrow as well.
Why is he cowardly avoiding the Russian kid that beat his brains out last match up?
"Cashvillesent wrote:
Why is he cowardly avoiding the Russian kid that beat his brains out last match up?
Khabib already said he doesn’t plan on giving him a rematch until he gets 10 wins under his belt. He’s exaggerating, but you get it.
I think Conor would step in in April if tony pulled out.
Thank God I didn’t put that bet down I was planning on last night. Wouldn’t feel comfortable with those odds.
"BevoPhin wrote:
Thank God I didn’t put that bet down I was planning on last night. Wouldn’t feel comfortable with those odds.
Is there any good streams for this main event?
"Cashvillesent wrote:
Is there any good streams for this main event?
Looking for one myself...let me know if you find any and I will as well. Can't post it in the forums though- has to be PM only.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
lol... that was pathetic...
"Vertical Limit wrote:
Eh not really interested in the match. Vince McMahon, not Dana White, gave Cerrone the script. Conor wins without absorbing much damage and setup his March bout.
Correction, he didnt absorb any damage. And Cerrone followed the script..
im almost sure dana white himself injected Cerrone with anesthesia before the match so that no pain is felt for taking that dive.
"Vertical Limit wrote:
lol... that was pathetic...
Correction, he didnt absorb any damage. And Cerrone followed the script..
im almost sure dana white himself injected Cerrone with anesthesia before the match so that no pain is felt for taking that dive.
Come on dude. You can’t actually believe that.
Can we talk about how awkward the whole sequence was? Conor throwing and missing the left but having the awareness to throw the left knee. The 3 shoulder bumps? Wtf? Never seen that used as a main weapon in the clinch. The head kick was absolutely brutal. And the sniper attack to end it.
Was Conor’s performance against cowboy more impressive than Tony and Gaethje?
"KeyFin wrote:
Looking for one myself...let me know if you find any and I will as well. Can't post it in the forums though- has to be PM only.
Hit me up next time. I buy most PPVs but know where to go for the streams.
"BevoPhin wrote:
Come on dude. You can’t actually believe that.
Can we talk about how awkward the whole sequence was? Conor throwing and missing the left but having the awareness to throw the left knee. The 3 shoulder bumps? Wtf? Never seen that used as a main weapon in the clinch. The head kick was absolutely brutal. And the sniper attack to end it.
Was Conor’s performance against cowboy more impressive than Tony and Gaethje?
I found it pretty amusing that Nate Diaz said directly after the fight that it was rigged...could that possibly be true? I mean, there's a ton of money in MMA and it wouldn't be too hard to find a fighter who would take a dive for a Connor-sized paycheck. I don't want to believe it but you have to admit, Connor winning was great for the sport since he has so many fans.
What got me was the Holly Holm fight...how boring was that?
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"BevoPhin wrote:
Hit me up next time. I buy most PPVs but know where to go for the streams.
Thanks man...I found about 50 different links a few minutes after I posted that.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
I found it pretty amusing that Nate Diaz said directly after the fight that it was rigged...could that possibly be true? I mean, there's a ton of money in MMA and it wouldn't be too hard to find a fighter who would take a dive for a Connor-sized paycheck. I don't want to believe it but you have to admit, Connor winning was great for the sport since he has so many fans.
What got me was the Holly Holm fight...how boring was that?
Nate Diaz says a lot of crazy things. I wouldn't take them as gospel. I also don't think getting your nose broken is necessarily taking a dive.
Having said that, both Cerrone and Pettis seem to lose a lot recently to bump up other fighters.