Vontae Davis visiting
16 replies
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Galant wrote:
He's looking at the ridiculous contracts we gave Pouncey and Kiko and wants in on that easy money....Nothing like free money on SoBeach
Did he bring his grandmother with him? Kidding aside, he would be great on the right deal, but he seems to have had problems staying healthy.
A terrible play call, terribly executed.
I'd love to have him back if he has anything left in the tank, never should have traded him in the first place.
Aren’t they thinking of using McDonald in a hybrid LB/S role?
I think they’re looking at him for safety and backup CB. Use to be fast. Solid hands. He’s a thumper. I’ve always liked Davis’ play.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau
1 year prove it deal 4 me. Probably an upgrade from Verner, don't know about safety though.
Of all the players we've let walk over the past decade, Davis was by far the most head-scratching. He's been a top three corner since leaving (well, I didn't check last season) and the guy plays lights-out every time. He's just not a "high moral character" like Philbin preferred because he was too dumb to know what that meant. Otherwise the guy was lights-out!
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"Deus ex dolphin wrote:
Did he bring his grandmother with him? Kidding aside, he would be great on the right deal, but he seems to have had problems staying healthy.
That Grandmother thing was never funny to begin with. Now, at this stage, it is just really really lame. There is absolutely nothing funny about a child not being able to be raised by his parents.
"KeyFin wrote:
Of all the players we've let walk over the past decade, Davis was by far the most head-scratching. He's been a top three corner since leaving (well, I didn't check last season) and the guy plays lights-out every time. He's just not a "high moral character" like Philbin preferred because he was too dumb to know what that meant. Otherwise the guy was lights-out!
Actually, Vontae has a very high IQ, and did very well in school. He is also known to be a very hard worker and a really nice guy. What he had, was a drinking problem. He overcome that and stopped missing meetings, and falling asleep in meetings, and being hungover in practice.
Would love this signing if they could fit him in this tight cap.He is a baller when healthy.
Did he forget something?
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
"Phoenician Fan wrote:
That Grandmother thing was never funny to begin with. Now, at this stage, it is just really really lame. There is absolutely nothing funny about a child not being able to be raised by his parents.
Being raised by a grandmother who clearly loved him puts Vontae in a better position than lot of kids who have NO ONE when growing up.
More to the point, do you think she WON'T have any influence on where he signs next? The GM and coach that traded him away are long gone, so maybe Miami has a real chance to sign him. Or maybe they both hold a grudge, but Davis needs multiple teams competing for his services to get the best deal he can so that means pretending to be interested in a return to the Dolphins.
A terrible play call, terribly executed.
I'd love to bring in VD and undo one of Ireland's fuck ups.
"Phoenician Fan wrote:
That Grandmother thing was never funny to begin with. Now, at this stage, it is just really really lame. There is absolutely nothing funny about a child not being able to be raised by his parents.
I agree that it was not very funny. Just shows how big of jerks fans can be.
He just got some bad news and his first reaction is to talk to someone he cares about? What a loser.
He should have said, "I need to do 1,000 push-ups, slam a red bull, and not talk about my feelings. I'M A MAN!"
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
He's a Buffalo Bill.
Well, fuck that guy.
:balloon:
