Wallace and 7th round pick traded to Vikings for 5th

280 replies

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2015, 07:48 PM

Let's not forget the talent available in the 5th round. Kenny stills was a 5th round pick 2 years ago. Reshad jones also a 5th rounder. It's not like the 5th round is garbage.

shamegame13shamegame13Forum Veteran
Mar 13, 2015, 07:49 PM

What did I tell everyone? Yall were expecting a second rounder and I said dont think we will get more then a 5th... We had to ship a 7th with him just to get that 5th round pick...

gunn34gunn34New Member
Mar 13, 2015, 07:50 PM

I hate that Tannebaum is getting rid of draft picks. That's the wrong move. That is why the jest were so bad.

Phoenician FanPhoenician FanForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2015, 07:51 PM

"The Sportz Guy wrote:

At this point... maybe sign Cecil Shorts, retain Charles Clay, and then grab a receiver in the 1st or 2nd? Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable going into the year with Landry, Stills, Cameron, and a rookie as the WR corps.

Also, I'd like to see what the Dolphins' plan is at FS. Many of the viable options in FA are drying up, and the draft has few to no starting caliber players.

Byron Jones played a couple years of safety and Eric Rowe(4yr starter 3 at S, 1 at CB) is being grossly underrated IMO. True, both want to be CB's, but the truth is: most of the great FS's either played CB in college or played some of both.

LILiferYankNew Member
Mar 13, 2015, 07:51 PM

"gunn34 wrote:

I hate that Tannebaum is getting rid of draft picks. That's the wrong move. That is why the jest were so bad.

With the Jets didnt he take on alot of bad contracts thinking they were one player away?

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2015, 07:52 PM

i like this move for the Vikings, Bridgewater is going to love him.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2015, 07:53 PM

All this crying over a 7th round pick.

Absurd. Move up to grab White or Cooper, and I'll be totally down with this receiving corp.

ITItsdahumidityForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2015, 07:58 PM

‏@JamesWalkerNFL

By the way, the seventh-rounder Miami traded to the #Vikings in Mike Wallace swap was via the #49ers in last year's Jonathan Martin deal.

1/4/16 - Chris Grier : "The talk of dysfunction within the organization is over."
Today - Me & every other Dolfan : "Lies!!!"

UndisputedUndisputedNew Member
Mar 13, 2015, 08:00 PM

"Piston Honda wrote:

Please tell me you're kidding. I beg u.

No, it's true.

I have a vasectomy.

The Sportz GuyThe Sportz GuyNew Member
Mar 13, 2015, 08:01 PM

@ArmandoSalguero: One more thing I'm hearing on Mike Wallace traded to Minny: No, he's not thrilled by it.

Hmmm. Maybe the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Mar 13, 2015, 08:04 PM

"gunn34 wrote:

I hate that Tannebaum is getting rid of draft picks. That's the wrong move. That is why the jest were so bad.

Seriously? Come on, we gave up a 7th. in the Wallace deal, to move a player we were going to cut, and we got a 5th in return, plus the cap space.

In the Stills deal... yes, we gave up a 3rd, but that's where you got your replacement for Wallace. Also, lets not forget we moved Ellerbe, who we were also going to cut, to get our replacement for Wallace, and save almost $10 million in cap space combined.

I think you're over reacting a tad.

Essentially we got 10 million in cap space, Stills and a 5th, for Wallace, Ellerbe, (two guys you were likely cutting and getting nothing for) and a third, plus an irrelevant 7th.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

PHPhins Up Wins UpNew Member
Mar 13, 2015, 08:08 PM

"The Sportz Guy wrote:

At this point... maybe sign Cecil Shorts, retain Charles Clay, and then grab a receiver in the 1st or 2nd? Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable going into the year with Landry, Stills, Cameron, and a rookie as the WR corps.

Also, I'd like to see what the Dolphins' plan is at FS. Many of the viable options in FA are drying up, and the draft has few to no starting caliber players.

How about Ron Parker from the Chiefs?

SumlitSumlitNew Member
Mar 13, 2015, 08:09 PM

A lot of overreacting. I'm not exactly thrilled to lose Wallace even despite the fact he was never a great fit here and was over-payed, but this overreaction and crying over picks is a little crazy.

Dolphins got rid of bloated contracts, got back considerable cap space, and got younger and cheaper in the WR unit. They got rid of Wallace and Ellerbe, a 3rd and a 7th pick, and got plenty of money, Kenny Stills and a 5th rounder.

If all that ends up helping retain Clay, and helps sign a CB and/or a S, it was some shrewd business by the Phins.

PHPhins Up Wins UpNew Member
Mar 13, 2015, 08:10 PM

"The Sportz Guy wrote:

Hmmm. Maybe the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Why would he be? Horrible place to live. Young QB and a team that will just be rebuilding. No way he gets 10 TDs next year.

MAMarino1385New Member
Mar 13, 2015, 08:10 PM

I can't wait until Wallace is catching the deep ball all over the place for the Vikings.

The Sportz GuyThe Sportz GuyNew Member
Mar 13, 2015, 08:12 PM

"Undisputed wrote:

No, it's true.

I have a vasectomy.

FameFameForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2015, 08:13 PM

Wallace wasn't bad, but he wasn't worth the money we were paying him. We got a 5th for him instead of just cutting him. If he had agreed to restructure he would still be here. He didn't, and he's gone. No huge loss.

The Sportz GuyThe Sportz GuyNew Member
Mar 13, 2015, 08:13 PM

"Phins Up Wins Up wrote:

How about Ron Parker from the Chiefs?

Doesn't look like he's on the Dolphins' radar. Lots of interest from other teams; I may be wrong, though. That would be a nice surprise.

Vinny FinsVinny FinsForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2015, 08:15 PM

love it. goodbye quitting douchebag

fooball.
futbol.
hockey.

The Sportz GuyThe Sportz GuyNew Member
Mar 13, 2015, 08:15 PM

"Phins Up Wins Up wrote:

Why would he be? Horrible place to live. Young QB and a team that will just be rebuilding. No way he gets 10 TDs next year.

Agreed. Just noting how he was complaining about playing in Miami - now he's in a worse situation. Be careful what you wish for.

magicapmagicapNew Member
Mar 13, 2015, 08:15 PM

Glad he is gone. Wonder if he will bench himself when getting raped by the Packers?

I'm so Dolphins that my sons first and middle name is Zach Thomas.

Piston HondaPiston HondaForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2015, 08:16 PM

"brandon27 wrote:

Seriously? Come on, we gave up a 7th. in the Wallace deal, to move a player we were going to cut, and we got a 5th in return, plus the cap space.

In the Stills deal... yes, we gave up a 3rd, but that's where you got your replacement for Wallace. Also, lets not forget we moved Ellerbe, who we were also going to cut, to get our replacement for Wallace, and save almost $10 million in cap space combined.

I think you're over reacting a tad.

Essentially we got 10 million in cap space, Stills and a 5th, for Wallace, Ellerbe, (two guys you were likely cutting and getting nothing for) and a third, plus an irrelevant 7th.

Those are all good points.

I love the Stills trade, but clearing cap space only helps if we use it to improve the roster so I'm waiting to see at happens next.

Piston HondaPiston HondaForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2015, 08:20 PM

"Sumlit wrote:

A lot of overreacting. I'm not exactly thrilled to lose Wallace even despite the fact he was never a great fit here and was over-payed, but this overreaction and crying over picks is a little crazy.

Dolphins got rid of bloated contracts, got back considerable cap space, and got younger and cheaper in the WR unit. They got rid of Wallace and Ellerbe, a 3rd and a 7th pick, and got plenty of money, Kenny Stills and a 5th rounder.

If all that ends up helping retain Clay, and helps sign a CB and/or a S, it was some shrewd business by the Phins.

I love Clay but w Cameron on board his role is kinda filled. Im hoping Hickey is on the phone w Crabtree's agent.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Mar 13, 2015, 08:22 PM

"GISH wrote:

Let's not forget the talent available in the 5th round. Kenny stills was a 5th round pick 2 years ago. Reshad jones also a 5th rounder. It's not like the 5th round is garbage.

You have about a 4% chance of drafting a starter in the 5th round.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Mar 13, 2015, 08:22 PM

"Piston Honda wrote:

Those are all good points.

I love the Stills trade, but clearing cap space only helps if we use it to improve the roster so I'm waiting to see at happens next.

Well, the way this offseason has been going with Tannenbaum at the helm, I'm sure they're going to use that cap space. A new deal for Clay would be great. He got nothing from Buffalo and Cleveland, so offer him a 2 or 3 year deal, get him back and if you can, for less than the tender, you've got 4 reliable pass catchers on your offense. Get yourself a veteran WR, draft one too. Find a G and a FS. Lots of options, lots of cash right now. You've also got to htink about RT's deal sooner rather than later


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!