Week 15 - Dallas vs Miami

417 replies

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 10:11 AM

"Tuanon4Life wrote:

Good point. There's so many different opinions from the narrative writers out there I forget half of what's been said. Last year sticks with me more because Tua was the center of the media's universe over the concussions. Cowherd has been the most consistent Tua hater out there though for sure. At least guys like Stephen A will get on the band wagon and change his opinion when he's given receipts. I've even heard Bart Scott giving Tua praise recently. Cowherd will just never admit when he's wrong. He lost any credibility he had left when he said he would take Daniel Jones over Tua. Straight up clown. Of all the talking heads in the media I'd say Rich Eisen is my favorite. The guy is a Jet fan but never lets his fandom get in the way of giving an unbiased opinion. He sings praises for McDaniel and Tua constantly. Anyway done rambling. Go fins tonight!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t it Eisen who coined “Salty Tua” and loves singing praises of Tua when he displays that swagger…that aggressive attitude?

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

BumrushBumrushSupporter
Dec 24, 2023, 10:25 AM

These next three games are about elevation. Can Tua elevate to his early season form? Two years in a row where he started out like the best QB in the NFL only to revert a bit as the season drags on.

If Tua wants to be paid as the top QB in the NFL his play needs to elevate. Elevate is all I'm thinking about today, against the Ravens and against the Bills.

I've gone from the biggest Tua hater on these boards to someone that loves him, but if he wants top dog billing and top dog dollar it's sink or fucking swim tonight. I believe in him and McDaniel and think this team, this time and these games will be different.

If he fails to elevate than we need to be thinking about Daniel Jones type money, not Burrow money. If he does elevate than back up the brinks baby!!!!

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 10:31 AM

"The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t it Eisen who coined “Salty Tua” and loves singing praises of Tua when he displays that swagger…that aggressive attitude?

He also loves Mike McDaniel

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 10:33 AM

"Bumrush wrote:

These next three games are about elevation. Can Tua elevate to his early season form? Two years in a row where he started out like the best QB in the NFL only to revert a bit as the season drags on.

If Tua wants to be paid as the top QB in the NFL his play needs to elevate. Elevate is all I'm thinking about today, against the Ravens and against the Bills.

I've gone from the biggest Tua hater on these boards to someone that loves him, but if he wants top dog billing and top dog dollar it's sink or ****ing swim tonight. I believe in him and McDaniel and think this team, this time and these games will be different.

If he fails to elevate than we need to be thinking about Daniel Jones type money, not Burrow money. If he does elevate than back up the brinks baby!!!!

So far in December he has a rating of 116, has yet to throw an interception, has completed 76% of his passes, and averages over 9.2 yards per completion.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

SpringveldtSpringveldtForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 10:43 AM

"OwesOwn614 wrote:

That was strange. I've watched every game and didn't see that level of pressure but who knows how various people compile/interpret stats.

The chart is only from week 8, we’ve played some bad offensive lines in that time like the Commanders and Jets twice. The front 4 have been generating a ton of pressure agains those poor lines. Wilson was pressured on 12 of his 16 dropbacks.

On the other side, Tua’s time to release is masking the OL issues. These types of charts are annoying to me since the Tua haters will say he’s got great protection when he plays poorly but in reality the protection is poor if he had to hold the ball an average length of time. Titans game as a good example, they were rushing 4 and dropping 7 and generating pressure with just 4 on nearly half the dropbacks.

Tuanon4LifeTuanon4LifeForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 12:08 PM

"The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t it Eisen who coined “Salty Tua” and loves singing praises of Tua when he displays that swagger…that aggressive attitude?

Yup. He loves when Tua gets salty.

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 12:33 PM

"Bumrush wrote:

These next three games are about elevation. Can Tua elevate to his early season form? Two years in a row where he started out like the best QB in the NFL only to revert a bit as the season drags on.

If Tua wants to be paid as the top QB in the NFL his play needs to elevate. Elevate is all I'm thinking about today, against the Ravens and against the Bills.

I've gone from the biggest Tua hater on these boards to someone that loves him, but if he wants top dog billing and top dog dollar it's sink or ****ing swim tonight. I believe in him and McDaniel and think this team, this time and these games will be different.

If he fails to elevate than we need to be thinking about Daniel Jones type money, not Burrow money. If he does elevate than back up the brinks baby!!!!

While I agree with you that down the stretch your best players have to rise to the top, so does McDaniel. We’ve all seen plays Miami has run offensively and cussed out the TV. That’s not on Tua, that’s on McDaniel.

I’ve been listening to all of the sports media as of late and so many are talking about Dallas’ physicality and how that’s going to be the difference maker. Yes, offensively Dallas is a very physical team, but so is our defense. This is the narrative that is often omitted. Everything is Dak vs Tua. Well, Dak isn’t playing against Tua; Tua isn’t playing against Dak. They are playing against the opposing defenses and I just can’t help but believe our defense is going to get the better of Dallas’ offense.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 03:50 PM

"Bumrush wrote:

These next three games are about elevation. Can Tua elevate to his early season form? Two years in a row where he started out like the best QB in the NFL only to revert a bit as the season drags on.

If Tua wants to be paid as the top QB in the NFL his play needs to elevate. Elevate is all I'm thinking about today, against the Ravens and against the Bills.

I've gone from the biggest Tua hater on these boards to someone that loves him, but if he wants top dog billing and top dog dollar it's sink or ****ing swim tonight. I believe in him and McDaniel and think this team, this time and these games will be different.

If he fails to elevate than we need to be thinking about Daniel Jones type money, not Burrow money. If he does elevate than back up the brinks baby!!!!

Agreed brother

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:19 PM

Let’s go, Tua!! Carve ‘em up mofo!!!

StrikingStrikingForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:19 PM

Time to take the AFC, it starts now. Let's go Dolphins

JJ_79JJ_79Forum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:19 PM

Take care of business, let’s go Fins! Just win baby!

BerezoBerezoForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:21 PM

[ATTACH:full]

Let’s go

Serpico JonesSerpico JonesForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:26 PM

Here we go.

Phil HutchingsPhil HutchingsForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:27 PM

It’s a big blow, not having Ogbah available, IMHO.

BerezoBerezoForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:29 PM

Not the best start. Getting pushed around.

BerezoBerezoForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:31 PM

Lamb is going over 200 yds today

Phil HutchingsPhil HutchingsForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:34 PM

Great pressure, D!

BerezoBerezoForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:35 PM

Weak

OwesOwn614OwesOwn614Forum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:36 PM

Good Lord. Our coverage is back in the same mode as the Tennessee game. They're finding space on every throw.

JJ_79JJ_79Forum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:36 PM

Almost TD Dallas, not looking good so far…

JJ_79JJ_79Forum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:36 PM

"JJ_79 wrote:

Almost TD Dallas, not looking good so far…

And again…

BerezoBerezoForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:36 PM

"JJ_79 wrote:

Almost TD Dallas, not looking good so far…

Half the quarter gone

JJ_79JJ_79Forum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:37 PM

Fumble let’s go D!!!

OwesOwn614OwesOwn614Forum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:37 PM

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!

Phil HutchingsPhil HutchingsForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2023, 04:38 PM

Brilliant!