Well if Chad Johnson gets cut that will cement our WR corps as worst in the league.
165 replies
lmao @ Hartline and Naanee as our starting WRs.
we need to call up Pittsburgh and increase our offer for Mike Wallace.
one positive from this is maybe Gates makes the team now, i think it's too early to part ways with him.
what do you think, do we end up releasing Chad? SHOULD we release him?
I'm hoping Wallace, Pruitt, and Moore all continue to impress this preseason and one of them turns into the next Miles Austin/Victor Cruz.
311 receiving yards in first preseason game without a Chad catch.
Not even close. People overrate 85.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
I SO disagree.
I think it finally gives snaps to deserving young talent that was wasting away down the roster. Wallace looked great the other night, he's a physical freak and he is bottom strong. Let's get these guys some snaps!!!
Maybe now we can keep Naanee, Bess, Hartline, Pruitt, Wallace and Fuller! (unless Gates, Cunningham or Matthews show a lot).
Actually Cunningham may steal a spot, forcing one of Wallace or Fuller out the door... it WAS Wallace before Fridays game but Fuller is now likely on the hotseat.
"LBsFinest wrote:
lmao @ Hartline and Naanee as our starting WRs.
we need to call up Pittsburgh and increase our offer for Mike Wallace.
one positive from this is maybe Gates makes the team now, i think it's too early to part ways with him.
what do you think, do we end up releasing Chad? SHOULD we release him?
I think when you're laughing your ass off, your eyes are closed so you can't see.
"BuckeyeKing wrote:
I'm hoping Wallace, Pruitt, and Moore all continue to impress this preseason and one of them turns into the next Miles Austin/Victor Cruz.
Opportunity and playing time , I am hoping for at least one WR to step up and forward this year. This scheme works for that/them and there is some nice size/speed/athleticism in that group.

With Chad doing the Head butt two step (clearly he's missed the Presidents message ... 1 is 2 many!) and Hartline playing at I'm hurt I'm hoping that our young guns step it up! Pruitt, Wallace, Fuller, BJ, and Moore all should get a chance to step up. There is speed and great hands in that group and I don't know if any will survive a move to the PS.

This is the only thing I’ve learned: There’s only us. There’s no them. Despots and authoritarians need to make a “them” to have a straw man whom you are against. If you need to make an enemy of “them,” you’ve lost the spirit of us. - Ken Burns of PBS

"LBsFinest wrote:
lmao @ Hartline and Naanee as our starting WRs.
we need to call up Pittsburgh and increase our offer for Mike Wallace.
one positive from this is maybe Gates makes the team now, i think it's too early to part ways with him.
what do you think, do we end up releasing Chad? SHOULD we release him?
I honestly did not think Johnson improved our WR corp at all to begin with.
If he goes it gives more focus to the youth.
The only way our WR corp. had a chance to be solid this year is if one of our developmental players had a coming out party this year.
Hopefully that's Roberto Wallace!
RIP Jetssuck
"VanDolPhan wrote:
311 receiving yards in first preseason game without a Chad catch.
This says enough for me. The sky is NOT falling!
2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

"Ohio Fanatic wrote:
Why does he post?
it just happened some weeks ago
"LBsFinest wrote:
lmao @ Hartline and Naanee as our starting WRs.
we need to call up Pittsburgh and increase our offer for Mike Wallace.
one positive from this is maybe Gates makes the team now, i think it's too early to part ways with him.
what do you think, do we end up releasing Chad? SHOULD we release him?
I don't seriously think that CJ makes us that much better. We still don't know if the CJ we're seeing is the same CJ from 3yrs ago, so he's proven nothing....nothing at all except that he knows some hand to hand combat techniques that he used on his wife...
You say we'll officially be the worst if we cut him...well, we very well could be that with him... The thing we're all clinging to right now is a couple of the youngsters will shine...Chad is not our answer...only a fill in, if that...
Should we release him...I don't recall him having issues off the field in the past. I'm not condoning what he allegedly did, but as reported that in and of itself is not reason most NFL teams would dump him for, again assuming he's not had issues off the field in the past that. The thing is, if we do release him, I would hope it's under the guise that Fuller, Cunningham or Wallace are showing some signs to the staff and they feel that Pruitt and Hartline and Moore are doing enough...
"LBsFinest wrote:
lmao @ Hartline and Naanee as our starting WRs.
we need to call up Pittsburgh and increase our offer for Mike Wallace.
one positive from this is maybe Gates makes the team now, i think it's too early to part ways with him.
what do you think, do we end up releasing Chad? SHOULD we release him?
Someone needs a sunshine enema.
Chad Johnson is a man of his word, if he says it he means it.. For those who watched the first episode of Hardknocks Chad was walking out the building and proclaimed he was going to get arrested over the Weekend, he just waited an extra week to do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LlJIqrJ6-k
Well if Chad Johnson gets cut that will cement our WR corps as worst in the league, then has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
I'd rather see Wallace, Pruitt, Cunningham or Fuller than this clown.
"jsizzle wrote:
I'd rather see Wallace, Pruitt, Cunningham or Fuller than this clown.
This.
We have hungry young talent working hard to make a name for themselves.
CJ was a selfish aging washedup hasbeen with an attention-whoring problem and a lack of respect for mature authority figures. I'm not knocking his work ethic, but why not take a flyer on the young legs?
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"lmeister3 wrote:
This.
We have hungry young talent working hard to make a name for themselves.
CJ was a selfish aging washedup hasbeen with an attention-whoring problem and a lack of respect for mature authority figures. I'm not knocking his work ethic, but why not take a flyer on the young legs?
Wheres the joke?
Where's lmeister?
"Bpk wrote:
Wheres the joke?Where's lmeister?
Sorry.Anyway, as it turned out,, Chad was the man from Nantucket! Lol
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
just cut him. end the drama early. let the young kids try and develop. it's not like CJ was the piece to put this team over the top and get them to the super bowl.
on Twitter @mpark14news
I was very critical of our wr corps, but a lot of guys showed up Friday. BJ jumped out at me. I think/hope the kid can play come sept. Some kids may step up like Wallace and gates too. And Naanee is having a beast camp and had a solid preseason outing.
Ocho gave me that feeling in my gut, that he will let us down especially when it counts. He is not a huge loss fortunately.
Sent from my iPhone
I think we might be dismissing him a little early. I mean Dez Bryant beat his own mother and got arrested and didn't get cut. I know that the young guys looked pretty good in the game but that was against the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string players. Underwood had a huge game against our 2's and 1 1/2's does that mean he is their best reciever??
The problem is that if the police are called for a "domestic violence" somebody is going to jail no matter what. If he really beat her I see him getting a felony.
I'm really fine with whatever we do, I think the guy can still play, but I would also be fine with letting one of these younger guys make the team and show what they got.
I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right ones.
-Herb Brooks-
Marshall got traded for an alleged incident that he didn't get arrested for, Chad should be cut he's not worth the headache.
