What's Your Greatest Live Concert Experience So Far?
48 replies
Bob Dylan at Roselands in the fall of 1994. Did his unplugged version of Knockin on Heavens Door. Good stuff.
And another: Rage did a set at the dysfuntional family picnic in Jones Beach that was pretty intense.
back then, kid rock was just an opener, and howard stern played a set with rob zombie. didnt bother staying for limp bizkit. it wasnt gonna get any better than Rage that night.
i think it might be rumors.....but i heard on the rock station here in charlotte, that there is a planned Rage, Metallica, and AC/DC tour??!? Anyone else hear anything about this? i almost crashed my car thinking about that.........
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

"SickFinFan33 wrote:
i think it might be rumors.....but i heard on the rock station here in charlotte, that there is a planned Rage, Metallica, and AC/DC tour??!? Anyone else hear anything about this? i almost crashed my car thinking about that.........
thatd be ridiculous.
is rage even back together with de la roche?
"Sethdaddy8 wrote:
thatd be ridiculous.
is rage even back together with de la roche?
i heard some rumblings of them getting back.......but i dunno why a rock dj would say that if it werent at least a rumor?
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

Rage Against The Machine, headliner of Friday May 30, will come back to Spain with their original members after the reunification on 2007 Spring.
his picture is on the site, guess hes back bro!!!! good news :up:
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

"SickFinFan33 wrote:
i think it might be rumors.....but i heard on the rock station here in charlotte, that there is a planned Rage, Metallica, and AC/DC tour??!? Anyone else hear anything about this? i almost crashed my car thinking about that.........
I know Metallica is touring in October for their new CD. Metallica and AC/DC seems possible, Rage sounds unlikely to me.
"darkmistress wrote:
Seeing Lacuna Coil in June so may have another one to add to the list :lol:
just heard through my insider brother that it's been canceled :pity: very sad :cry:
"Jt0323 wrote:
i saw Muse DVD where they were in Wimbolton and was blown away at the visuals used. That dvd had to be the most amazing concert dvd i ever seen.
Their absolution tour dvd is awesome and easily my fav. I however like a bit more artist/audience interaction, they tend to just play one song after another which I don't mind I love most of their stuff but I need a little more than that when I'm at their gig. And to be honest I'm not there to watch a light show :lol:
wow, a lot of rock, metal, grudge, punk fans out there. All good stories. Is there anyone who had a good experience at an r&b or hip hop concert? Even jazz or other genres?
"SickFinFan33 wrote:
i heard some rumblings of them getting back.......but i dunno why a rock dj would say that if it werent at least a rumor?
thatd be sick
"Ludacris wrote:
wow, a lot of rock, metal, grudge, punk fans out there. All good stories. Is there anyone who had a good experience at an r&b or hip hop concert? Even jazz or other genres?
bro i would love to see a jazz concert, besides watching my homeboy play ive never had the pleasure. I might change that when i go to austin in june.........
oh I also went to the warped tour when it was good. :pointlol:
anti flag, no fx , the mighty mighty bosstones, millencolin and others. ****ing awesome.
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
"Ludacris wrote:
wow, a lot of rock, metal, grudge, punk fans out there. All good stories. Is there anyone who had a good experience at an r&b or hip hop concert? Even jazz or other genres?
Katie Noonan was pretty good... cheap too I think it was only $34 a tick. Well worth it :yes:
"DonShula84 wrote:
I had an aunt go to that tour, said it was very good. I saw Elton John in Vegas, would love to see Billy Joel. Seeing them together? That's be great.
Billy Joel is going to be opening the new entertainment center at Ceasars Casino Windsor here in a couple of weeks, Tickets are rare and hard to come by, but id like to get my hands on some. Before my time and all, but It would be another show like the Elton John one i saw... Just something you have to do if you have the opportunity to.

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
"Ludacris wrote:
wow, a lot of rock, metal, grudge, punk fans out there. All good stories. Is there anyone who had a good experience at an r&b or hip hop concert? Even jazz or other genres?
I went to watch the Charles Mingus big band two years ago... unfortunately that means that Charles Mingus was loooooooooooooooooooooong gone... but it still was pretty good. Also saw Medeski, Martin and Wood and John Zorn in Mexico City.
I'm afraid that while I have been to a hip hop gig, it was latino hip hop and very old at that (Ilya Kuriacky and the Valderramas with Tiro de Gracia) and I must say Ilya were freaking awesome.

In the old times it was not a crime!!!!
There has been nothing that comes close to seeing KISS for the first time. I was kind of a casual fan to begin with. I started to listen to them around their reunion tour. The Psycho Circus tour came around and it cemented them in as my favorite band.
I have found nothing that beats standing there as the lights go out and the drone starts. Then you hear the, "You wanted the best, you got the best...," followed by the intro to Detroit Rock City and its over. I got goosebumps just typing that. And even though their recent tours have been mediocre by KISS standards they are still pretty enjoyable.
Thanks guys, for making this thread enjoyable to read. You guys rock.
"Ludacris wrote:
wow, a lot of rock, metal, grudge, punk fans out there. All good stories. Is there anyone who had a good experience at an r&b or hip hop concert? Even jazz or other genres?
Been to a BUNCH of jazz (Trio was prob. my fave, but there are quite a few close 2nds), most of the r&b concerts I've been to have been gospel/r&b ones in churches...don't know if that counts. Hip-Hop/Rap I try to stay away from here in G'ville, as it seems every other one tends to have a fight break out sometime during the concert. Heck, I remember one time where a girl-friend invited me to go to a battle one night, and it ended up one wouldn't leave the stage and the other felt dissed, so they and their boys decided to open fire on each other and the crowd. It made me glad I was sick and not able to go.:lol: Also, if you're not with a sistah, (and sometimes even if you are), some of the dudes around here don't take too well to white guys bein' up in their club. Racism and animosity is still alive and well here in tha 'dirrty south'.:sad:
Honor in Virtue. Truth in Sacrifice. Strength in All.
"DevilFin13 wrote:
There has been nothing that comes close to seeing KISS for the first time. I was kind of a casual fan to begin with. I started to listen to them around their reunion tour. The Psycho Circus tour came around and it cemented them in as my favorite band.
I have found nothing that beats standing there as the lights go out and the drone starts. Then you hear the, "You wanted the best, you got the best...," followed by the intro to Detroit Rock City and its over. I got goosebumps just typing that. And even though their recent tours have been mediocre by KISS standards they are still pretty enjoyable.
Used to worship them until they put two scabs in Ace & Peter's makeup and costumes. Then last month in an interview, Paul Stanley said that his days of touring are coming to a close, but he "still sees Kiss touring without him".
WTF?
Now we'll pay to see what amounts to a touring Kiss tribute band? No thanks.
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
The Police were great last summer but this July I'm seeing Bruce Springsteen for the first time and I KNOW that will be amazing. Especially at Giants Stadium.
Back in 92' I got to see a concert for the ages!!
Skid Row - Slave to the Grind Tour with opening act PANTERA supporting their new record Vulgar Display of Power!!
That show was by far the best concert I've ever been too! Sebastian screaming his guts out and Dime's shrieking/crunching guitars! Doesn't get any better then that!
"HULKFish wrote:
Back in 92' I got to see a concert for the ages!!
Skid Row - Slave to the Grind Tour with opening act PANTERA supporting their new record Vulgar Display of Power!!
That show was by far the best concert I've ever been too! Sebastian screaming his guts out and Dime's shrieking/crunching guitars! Doesn't get any better then that!
That sounds like a hell of a show. I saw Skid Row open for Ted Nugent, who opened for KISS. I wish I could have seen Pantera live at least once.
"Pagan wrote:
Used to worship them until they put two scabs in Ace & Peter's makeup and costumes. Then last month in an interview, Paul Stanley said that his days of touring are coming to a close, but he "still sees Kiss touring without him".
WTF?
Now we'll pay to see what amounts to a touring Kiss tribute band? No thanks.
Yeah its ridiculous having Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer in the makeup. I'd rather them just take it off and quit the tribute band crap. And its funny because meanwhile Ace is off touring and by the accounts I've heard is doing well. I'd just as soon pay to see Ace solo as I would the tribute band that is milking the international scene right now.
TOOL...seen 'em 7 times and it only gets better.

I'm on Twitter @ut_pez
"unifiedtheory wrote:
TOOL...seen 'em 7 times and it only gets better.
So true. I don't know how I forgot them. I'm not a big fan, but their shows are unbelievable.

