Why You Should Believe in Matt Moore

1144 replies

HOHoopsForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2016, 02:51 PM

yep I remember that ball...I wasn't in love with that route but I will give you that one...I don't think it's enough of a trend off what I have seen though to paint him with that brush

the other thing is stills is inconsistent with his coverage reads...one ball vs Baltimore in particular ball looked too far inside db leverage the entire time was outside stills for some reason cuts/curls outside into the coverage at the top of the route when it looked like given the leverage and depth of the db early in the stem etc that it should have been either a sticks stop route or a come back...he gets one hand on it and it looks like a poor throw when really it's a poor route and coverage read by the wr

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Dec 15, 2016, 02:56 PM

"Brasfin wrote:

Because wins aren't solely on the QB, but I think you'd know that after being on this site for however long you've been.

Fact of the matter is, this HC chose Tannehill as his starter over Moore and so did the previous regime. Are they wrong, would Moore have been a better starter? Maybe... I personally value the opinion of the head coach more than the opinions of the average fan, at least until the HC proves to have been wrong. For example, if it were up to you, you would have made Doughty the number 1 QB, Moore the backup and Tannehill you would've probably cut...

Hey, maybe Moore comes in and plays lights out, better than Tannehill has ever played in his life. Maybe he gets us to the playoffs, puts up elite QB numbers and wins the Super Bowl. I honestly think that's the ONLY way Moore would even be considered for the starting job. I wouldn't bank on that though.

I never said or mentioned Moore in that post at all. Nor had any thought of Moore in that post. I simply said that SOME people seem to find it ok for one thing to occur as an excuse for something else to occur.

I am sure the coach does not say ok boys it is raining outside today thus it is ok if you fumble. Nor do I think the coach would say dang the D sucks today offense, it is ok for you to suck too.

Lord help us.

KEkeypusherForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2016, 03:05 PM

Can't believe this thread is still going on. Imagine if the Dolphins actually had a quarterback controversy?

NyPhinfanNyPhinfanForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2016, 05:49 PM

"Hoops wrote:

By the way matt moore got concussed on pretty much a glancing blow in the preseason on like the first contact he took even and his eggs were scrambled

Durability and health is definitely a concern here moreso than the norm

Just dont lose me the damn games with your play matt...seen too many instances of that with you in the past...maybe gase can flip that script by limiting the exposure

Im not a big fan of give and take qb play especially when you are doing a lot more giving than taking

Moore also averages like more than a fumble per start in his career or some crazy number that makes ball security another red flag and im not talking jail break miami dolphins o line play of the past 3 years and first 5 weeks this year but treating the pill like a hot potato

You just touched on my biggest concern when it comes to Matt Moore. Its not his gambling or lack of elusiveness...it is his durability. We have been spoiled with Tannehill in that he stayed healthy and bounced back up every time. If Moore gets hurt, we are in a world of trouble with Yates. They have to be able to protect Moore and Matt has to be smart also

Rock SextonRock SextonForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2016, 07:13 PM

"NyPhinfan wrote:

You just touched on my biggest concern when it comes to Matt Moore. Its not his gambling or lack of elusiveness...it is his durability. We have been spoiled with Tannehill in that he stayed healthy and bounced back up every time. If Moore gets hurt, we are in a world of trouble with Yates. They have to be able to protect Moore and Matt has to be smart also

When he took over for DunderHenne in 2011 - he was sacked 36 times and was fine.

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Dec 15, 2016, 08:13 PM

"Rock Sexton wrote:

When he took over for DunderHenne in 2011 - he was sacked 36 times and was fine.

He was also 5 years younger and on the other side of 30, and more used to getting hit. I just hope the line can keep him relatively safe back there...would hate to see 2 QBs go down in consecutive weeks. Not saying he's a wuss...I just hope he don't need to shake off a bunch of hits, possibly garnering another concussion.

I hope nothing more than for him to light it up for the next 7 games.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

smahtazsmahtazForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2016, 09:30 PM

"KeyFin wrote:

Travis-

Like I said, I have nothing against you guys...even though you are overly promotional on this site. That's a red flag on any type of forum...you shouldn't ask readers to click through just to get your opinion. That sort of defeats the whole point of a community forum. And to be clear, I didn't shat over anyone....your boy is attacking me for absolutely no reason and I called him out on his intentions.

I like Tannehill for certain traits AND I like Moore for others. That's my opinion and SICK is saying I am not entitled to share my own thoughts. Either you agree with that or you don't BUT since you're here partially to advertize, that makes it Perfectville's stance on your fans. This isn't about me at all, but the hundreds of people wondering, "Why's he being such a dick to a guy that likes Matt Moore?" There are at least four posts in this thread that basically said that...why are you not listening on behalf of your company? What does that say about your team's professionalism?

That's all on SICK my brother...that's him defining your brand. And it's undoing everything that you're working so hard towards.

As to your points 1-4, I help companies build large brands online from scratch. I know the amount of work involved firsthand, and rule #1 is always, "Give your customers value." Maybe you're not selling anything yet or to the monetization stages, but you'll never ever get there by picking fights on Dolphins forums over senseless crap. The average fan posts one short paragraph compliment over the life of using their account...the average critic posts 3-5 paragraphs 15 times and shares it across all their social accounts. So if you're looking for senseless fights, you've already failed. If your co-workers are trolling the forums where they let you advertise for free, that bridge is going to be burnt before long. That's no way to run a company.

And I'm sorry, but that's how the online world works...there's no way around it. You can't run a brand like that.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck with Perfectville, but you still have a lot of lessons to learn about business, online marketing and journalism. And sadly, very little of this is directed at you personally, but that's how brands work. If I write something online for a client and it offends just one person, I'm retracting the statement and sending a personal apology before it reaches an online slugfest like we're having here. That's how valuable a single customer is...or how badly they can hurt you. Anyone in your company that's intentionally picking fights while showing your company logo is a liability, and it's something you need to put in check immediately.

It can't EVER happen...yet here we are doing it and you're dumb enough to call me out on it publicly. I don't owe Perfectville ANYTHING. Perfectville owes Dolphin fans EVERYTHING. If you don't believe that statement is true, then you have no business doing what you're doing.

So learn from this experience and get your team in check. I also suggest you apologize to me in a PM and ask me to delete my posts in this thread. Or we can continue to play this game, I can keep asking moderators why they're publicly supporting SICK being a troll, and we can see who gets banned first.

That's not the game I want to play....I just want to talk about football....but that all depends on your response.

I understand what you're talking about regarding long term success. I think Travis has put together some really nice reads with video evidence to back it up. Not bad for season one.



It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2016, 11:37 PM

"resnor wrote:

Fin-On, once again, you've missed what people are discussing. No one cares about positive talk about Moore. We dislike exaggerations and factually unfounded statements.

Carry on.

But the definition of "factually unfounded" here seems to be anything that you don't agree with. That type of logic makes me "factually dumbfounded".

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2016, 11:41 PM

"smahtaz wrote:

I understand what you're talking about regarding long term success. I think Travis has put together some really nice reads with video evidence to back it up. Not bad for season one.

I never said he didn't. I have nothing against Travis.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2016, 11:44 PM

"KeyFin wrote:

But the definition of "factually unfounded" here seems to be anything that you don't agree with. That type of logic makes me "factually dumbfounded".

What of their typical complaints is factually founded?

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Dec 15, 2016, 11:52 PM

"Fin D wrote:

What of their typical complaints is factually founded?

Heehee, I'm not going to take the bait. There are very few factually founded statements about Tannehill to be found. For instance, did you know he got credited with the worst pass in the history of football last week?

It's amazing that hasn't been a topic here since we're so factual and all.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2016, 12:05 AM
"KeyFin wrote:

Heehee, I'm not going to take the bait. There are very few factually founded statements about Tannehill to be found. For instance, did you know he got credited with the worst pass in the history of football last week?

It's amazing that hasn't been a topic here since we're so factual and all.

I honestly don't understand your point.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2016, 12:09 AM

"Fin D wrote:

I honestly don't understand your point.

My point is that on a forum that's been 95% pro-Tannehill from the start, the good stuff is counted as facts. The bad stuff is counted as anything but facts. That's why we can't talk about Matt Moore apparently.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2016, 12:12 AM

"KeyFin wrote:

My point is that on a forum that's been 95% pro-Tannehill from the start, the good stuff is counted as facts. The bad stuff is counted as anything but facts. That's why we can't talk about Matt Moore apparently.

Ok, so like I asked what negative stuff was fact based?

Deep ball problems being mostly on Thill? "It" factor? Clutch? Line wasn't the problem? Audibling is not relevant?

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2016, 02:43 AM

"KeyFin wrote:

My point is that on a forum that's been 95% pro-Tannehill from the start, the good stuff is counted as facts. The bad stuff is counted as anything but facts. That's why we can't talk about Matt Moore apparently.

I would like the 95% pro-Tannehill from the start fact checked.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

thetylernatorthetylernatorForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2016, 03:42 AM

On the bright side of things, this is a great career opportunity for Moore. I think he will do well enough to warrant a mid-round pick from a quarterback-needy team this offseason.

Say, the Browns?

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2016, 06:03 AM

"resnor wrote:

Fin-On, once again, you've missed what people are discussing. No one cares about positive talk about Moore. We dislike exaggerations and factually unfounded statements.

Carry on.

YOU dislike any exaggerations or statements that doesn't agree with your agenda.

If I wrote a paragraph saying why I believe Ryan is one the top QBs of all time you would "Like it".

Until you can show that unbiased approach? You look silly saying stuff like that to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2016, 07:12 AM

"resnor wrote:

Clickbait is more like if his signature said, "SECRET TRICK TO GET ANY WOMEN TO SLEEP WITH YOU!!" and you click it, and 25 different pop up ads clutter your screen, directing you to different sketchy websites.

I'm not even gonna say it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

DODolphins DadForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2016, 07:26 AM

"Rock Sexton wrote:

When he took over for DunderHenne in 2011 - he was sacked 36 times and was fine.

Except for that fumble once a game average

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2016, 07:34 AM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Again, no one said Tannehill was some perfect, elite quarterback. We said when he got some better coaching, and some help from his teammates, that he'd be very good. He got that help, and proceeded to set career highs and has been the leader of the team that is destined for it's first winning season in 8 years.

Here is the problem.

I have seen multiple posts claiming Ryan "engineered" 8 wins this year, is the "leader" of a time that will end up with a winning season.

It is the same folks who were crying team sport team sport! When we we sucking for 4.5 years that now are making comments like that.

It's not that I disagree with his rejuvenated play he has looked very very good of late...he HAS been the reason we won 2 of these games where most of his career he has not really had a huge impact on the result of the game.

Things are looking up because Gase has his fingerprints all over Ryan (don't be jelly Res). 2017 is looking really bright all of a sudden. It's a good time to be a fan of the Dolphins.

But here is something I can promise you happens. If we lose and Moore looks bad you will have the same 5-6 posters kind of happy they can prance on the keyboard saying "see how important Ryan is to our team" and in turn if Moore plays well and we win you will have posters claiming Ryan isn't important to the team because look at what Matt did.

You will both be wrong, but will both be comical to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Dec 16, 2016, 07:39 AM

"KeyFin wrote:

My point is that on a forum that's been 95% pro-Tannehill from the start, the good stuff is counted as facts. The bad stuff is counted as anything but facts. That's why we can't talk about Matt Moore apparently.

We can't talk about Matt Moore for the same reasoning. You are choosing to ignore all the glaring and obvious negatives about him (the same ones that have prevented any coach he's ever encountered from making him a starter by choice) and are comparing him to people like manning in any capacity. it's a joke honestly. pretty sure this thread is filled with nothing but support for Moore, then there are some acting like he is going to be a Tom Brady for us. Did you honestly think you could say something as ridiculous as we are 'BETTER OFF in the last 3 games with Moore' and not get called out and criticized? ... cmon bruh.

Lol 95% pro tannehill from the start... dear lord. you have no clue what youre saying. I wish this board was even remotely close to 95% pro Tannehill.


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Dec 16, 2016, 07:41 AM

"Fin-O wrote:

Here is the problem.

I have seen multiple posts claiming Ryan "engineered" 8 wins this year, is the "leader" of a time that will end up with a winning season.

It is the same folks who were crying team sport team sport! When we we sucking for 4.5 years that now are making comments like that.

It's not that I disagree with his rejuvenated play he has looked very very good of late...he HAS been the reason we won 2 of these games where most of his career he has not really had a huge impact on the result of the game.

Things are looking up because Gase has his fingerprints all over Ryan (don't be jelly Res). 2017 is looking really bright all of a sudden. It's a good time to be a fan of the Dolphins.

But here is something I can promise you happens. If we lose and Moore looks bad you will have the same 5-6 posters kind of happy they can prance on the keyboard saying "see how important Ryan is to our team" and in turn if Moore plays well and we win you will have posters claiming Ryan isn't important to the team because look at what Matt did.

You will both be wrong, but will both be comical to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We already pointed out that that would happen pages ago. Not a very bold proclamation with the way this thread turned out and people comparing Moores leadership to Mannings or his situation to Bradys.

If we lose mainly due to Moores poor play how exactly would that be inaccurate? ? ? Tannehill is universes more valuable to us than Moore regardless of how Moore plays. I'm thankful the people who matter know this.

He is solidified as a backup. Period. Guaranteed no matter what happens. So unfortunately for Matt, if he wins and somehow carries us on his back he'll get a big thank you and a smack on the ass and go back to being 2nd string to Tannehill. if we somehow lose mainly due to some kind of horrendous crippling play by him, it would even further prove the importance of Tannehill, which shouldn't even be in question (he'd also probably be gone).


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2016, 07:50 AM

"KeyFin wrote:

But the definition of "factually unfounded" here seems to be anything that you don't agree with. That type of logic makes me "factually dumbfounded".

It is factually unfounded to compare Matt Moore to Peyton Manning.

We'll start there.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Dec 16, 2016, 07:57 AM

"Fin-O wrote:

Here is the problem.

I have seen multiple posts claiming Ryan "engineered" 8 wins this year, is the "leader" of a time that will end up with a winning season.

It is the same folks who were crying team sport team sport! When we we sucking for 4.5 years that now are making comments like that.

It's not that I disagree with his rejuvenated play he has looked very very good of late...he HAS been the reason we won 2 of these games where most of his career he has not really had a huge impact on the result of the game.

Things are looking up because Gase has his fingerprints all over Ryan (don't be jelly Res). 2017 is looking really bright all of a sudden. It's a good time to be a fan of the Dolphins.

But here is something I can promise you happens. If we lose and Moore looks bad you will have the same 5-6 posters kind of happy they can prance on the keyboard saying "see how important Ryan is to our team" and in turn if Moore plays well and we win you will have posters claiming Ryan isn't important to the team because look at what Matt did.

You will both be wrong, but will both be comical to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen many posts saying that Tannehill has played very well, and the TEAM has played very well, leading to the record we have.

However, those of you who kept using record to judge the QB should be the ones talking about Tannehill being the savior.

But you're not. Again, moving the goalposts.

Dec 16, 2016, 08:03 AM

"Fin-O wrote:

Here is the problem.

I have seen multiple posts claiming Ryan "engineered" 8 wins this year, is the "leader" of a time that will end up with a winning season.

It is the same folks who were crying team sport team sport! When we we sucking for 4.5 years that now are making comments like that.

It's not that I disagree with his rejuvenated play he has looked very very good of late...he HAS been the reason we won 2 of these games where most of his career he has not really had a huge impact on the result of the game.

Things are looking up because Gase has his fingerprints all over Ryan (don't be jelly Res). 2017 is looking really bright all of a sudden. It's a good time to be a fan of the Dolphins.

But here is something I can promise you happens. If we lose and Moore looks bad you will have the same 5-6 posters kind of happy they can prance on the keyboard saying "see how important Ryan is to our team" and in turn if Moore plays well and we win you will have posters claiming Ryan isn't important to the team because look at what Matt did.

You will both be wrong, but will both be comical to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll agree. That's fair. Though I do believe he is our leader, the winning record is a complete team effort.

And I think you're right about that last part. Depending on how Moore plays, there's going to be hot takes either way. In the end I think Moore will play adequately enough. He won't be great, but he won't suck either.