Will we beat the Patriots?

137 replies

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Oct 28, 2015, 03:49 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

what about them covering Matthews and landry, watch out for their intense pass rushers...not...were gonna be alright..they have to deal with us too.

They have good pass rushers. They're like 4th in the league. Collins, Jones, Sheard, Hightower form a decent rush attack and our oline has allowed everyone to sack Tanny.

yogeyogeNew Member
Oct 28, 2015, 03:51 PM

I voted yes. I believe in what Dan Campbell is doing with this team. I haven't been this pumped up for a regular season game in a very long time.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 28, 2015, 03:55 PM

"Alex13 wrote:

are they ready for the big stage on offense though, i so much hope that will be the case, i don't know if i trust our secondary against brady

well, we surely havent been ready for any big stages in the past, but this mindset is completely different than any mindset weve seen in our time....

He's the dream coach alex..like the kind of coach if you could draw up from scratch it would be this dude, yes we have to wait and see where his schematic intellect is, but some of that is going to be relative to experience on the job...listening to him discect the pats has me even more hope, he seems to break things down well..

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 28, 2015, 04:02 PM

"jdang307 wrote:

They have good pass rushers. They're like 4th in the league. Collins, Jones, Sheard, Hightower form a decent rush attack and our oline has allowed everyone to sack Tanny.

i believe sheard is out who has been great for them..

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Oct 28, 2015, 04:06 PM

"Alex13 wrote:

are they ready for the big stage on offense though, i so much hope that will be the case, i don't know if i trust our secondary against brady

Our OL has been ready the past few weeks...which has been the BIGGEST surprise to me. And ya I worry about the secondary too.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

UKUK Fins FanForum Veteran
Oct 28, 2015, 04:09 PM

No. Short week and in Foxboro. Eventually, yes, just not this one.

cuchulainncuchulainnSupporter
Oct 28, 2015, 04:30 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

i believe sheard is out who has been great for them..

Yep. Sheard is out.

http://www.patriots.com/news/2015/10/28/patriots-dolphins-injury-report

OUT
OL Marcus Cannon - Toe (DNP)
LB Rufus Johnson - Illness (DNP)
DE Jabaal Sheard - Ankle (DNP)

DOUBTFUL
No Players Listed.

QUESTIONABLE
RB Brandon Bolden - Hamstring (LP)
RB Dion Lewis - Abdomen (LP)
WR Keshawn Martin - Hamstring (LP)
G Shaq Mason - Knee (LP)

Sheard out and Lewis being banged up is a good thing for us.

dolfan7171dolfan7171New Member
Oct 28, 2015, 04:31 PM

You know I am not worry about the secondary. We are going to be as healthy as we have been defensively since week 1. Plus I think with Reshad Jones playing as well as he has been this year, we have a chance to slow down their offense. If our front four can consistently get pressure and knock him down a few times a possession, our secondary could do whatever they want.

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up:

COCOOLPATNew Member
Oct 28, 2015, 04:37 PM

Brady will throw 70 times attacking the rush. The D-line will be a non factor.

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Oct 28, 2015, 04:41 PM

I certainly think it will be a much closer and better game than it would have been if Philbin was still the head coach. If it was being played in Miami, I think the Dolphins would have a very good chance of winning.
Unfortunately with the game being played in New England and on a short preparation week, I just think the Patriots with Belichick and Brady have a huge advantage heading into the game.

Obviously I would love to see the Dolphins win the game, but right now I think it will be the Patriots by a score of 27-17.

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Oct 28, 2015, 04:43 PM

I voted yes because I believe our teams wants it more.

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Oct 28, 2015, 04:45 PM

"COOLPAT wrote:

Brady will throw 70 times attacking the rush. The D-line will be a non factor.

Yeh..Im inclined to agree that will be how yall attack. We need to get you in 2nd and 3rd long...so he has to wait and let guys get open down field.

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Oct 28, 2015, 04:45 PM

"jw3102 wrote:

I certainly think it will be a much closer and better game than it would have been if Philbin was still the head coach. If it was being played in Miami, I think the Dolphins would have a very good chance of winning.
Unfortunately with the game being played in New England and on a short preparation week, I just think the Patriots with Belichick and Brady have a huge advantage heading into the game.

Obviously I would love to see the Dolphins win the game, but right now I think it will be the Patriots by a score of 27-17.

Very fair assessment there. BB and Tammy have been together 15+ years...DC and RT 2 games. Slight advantage maybe?

A win here would make my year though...not only because of what it would mean for this one game, but what it would mean for the rest of the season. However I'd say it's critical that they play well, win or lose.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

dolfan7171dolfan7171New Member
Oct 28, 2015, 04:47 PM

"vt_dolfan wrote:

I voted yes because I believe our teams wants it more.

Oh they do. They definitely do.

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up:

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Oct 28, 2015, 06:00 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

i believe sheard is out who has been great for them..

Oh? That helps us for sure.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Oct 28, 2015, 06:01 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

We will be ahead late and something fishy will happen. It always does. An illegal bat, headset communication, a BS pass interference. Something will happen that isn't fair because that's how it is when you play the Pats. It's not fair.

That being said, I hope (and I'm being serious) that Tom Brady gets paralyzed in this game. He's a piece of **** human and has ounces of bad karma heading his way.

I so badly wanted to like your comment.....but that karma bit scared me into passing on it. Can't wish for paralysis.

If one of the Patriots takes the field with a bat though, then I'm all for it. We need to go Last Boyscout on their asses if that's how they want to play!

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Oct 28, 2015, 06:11 PM

I believe were gonna win, because I think our coaches we have now actually get it. We arent going to come out with some exotic scheme...so Pats really wont be able to catch us in some bad coverage which they do all the time to people. We may disguise some blitzes..but I dont think we will even do that much. We are just going to ask our players to win their one on one matchups..and dorce the Pats to beat us..not us beat ourselves..which is what happens to alot of teams. They have coaches like Coyle..who let their egos get ahold of the team and put there team in a bad coverage..someone makes a mistake and leaves Gronk uncovered. Really if you look at how well weve played last two weeks...we didnt come up with a new scheme...we just played football really well, and beat the players in front of us.

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

Kud_IIKud_IIForum Veteran
Oct 28, 2015, 06:24 PM

I plea the 5th.

Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Oct 28, 2015, 06:25 PM

"vt_dolfan wrote:

I believe were gonna win, because I think our coaches we have now actually get it. We arent going to come out with some exotic scheme...so Pats really wont be able to catch us in some bad coverage which they do all the time to people. We may disguise some blitzes..but I dont think we will even do that much. We are just going to ask our players to win their one on one matchups..and dorce the Pats to beat us..not us beat ourselves..which is what happens to alot of teams. They have coaches like Coyle..who let their egos get ahold of the team and put there team in a bad coverage..someone makes a mistake and leaves Gronk uncovered. Really if you look at how well weve played last two weeks...we didnt come up with a new scheme...we just played football really well, and beat the players in front of us.

My main concern is the crossing / middle stuff we routinely leave open...TEs and such. They will KILL us if we can't stop that stuff...and we really haven't yet, not even against the Texans (they dropped some easy ones).

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Oct 28, 2015, 06:30 PM

"jdang307 wrote:

People slight Tom Brady because of the genius that is BB, but the guy is on a torrid pace. 5,400 yards, 46 Tds, 3int pace. He has one world beater in Gronk. But he has nothing spectacular at WR, RB, and OL. He is carrying that offense. It's insane.

Come on jdang...his WR corps is highly disciplined, very reliable, and YAC monsters. And his #1 RB has been very good when healthy. He's playing VERY well, yes, especially for being 38, but those other guys are helping him a good bit too. And Gronk's impact can NOT be understated...the dude is GOAT. 54 passes at a 6.6 YPA last week? Didn't you say under 7 is garbage?

Ya his OL is weak, but when you're getting the ball out as fast as they are, does it matter?

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Oct 28, 2015, 06:30 PM

I voted no because of two things; Pats are 8-0 on Thursday nights and They are home in Foxboro. Two tough things to overcome. That said I took the Fins for the upset in my office football pool and I certainly think we can win this one.

My biggest worry is Gronk running crazy on our Lbs. We still do not do a good job against TE's defensively.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

SuperselfSuperselfForum Veteran
Oct 28, 2015, 08:04 PM

Voted YES.
Dan has shown little. I think Bill Belichick has the tougher job this short week of GUESSING what Dan's strategy will be. He is reviewing film from our last two games and seeing first hand how tough we are.

He is the nervous one this week. That will transfer to his players and they will lose.

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Oct 28, 2015, 08:14 PM

"Superself wrote:

Voted YES.
Dan has shown little. I think Bill Belichick has the tougher job this short week of GUESSING what Dan's strategy will be. He is reviewing film from our last two games and seeing first hand how tough we are.

He is the nervous one this week. That will transfer to his players and they will lose.

I believe the Dolphins will switch several things around, particularly on defense. I don't think they'll go with the same base 10 looks/calls they've went with the past few weeks. Belicheat has said he noticed they simplified it and upped their execution as a result...I hope he fully expects the same tomorrow night, 'cuz there will NO DOUBT be some wrinkles in there. They HAVE to...they can't allow themselves to show him exactly what he expects...that's the recipe for a blowout loss.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Oct 28, 2015, 08:22 PM

"PhinFan1968 wrote:

Come on jdang...his WR corps is highly disciplined, very reliable, and YAC monsters. And his #1 RB has been very good when healthy. He's playing VERY well, yes, especially for being 38, but those other guys are helping him a good bit too. And Gronk's impact can NOT be understated...the dude is GOAT. 54 passes at a 6.6 YPA last week? Didn't you say under 7 is garbage?

Ya his OL is weak, but when you're getting the ball out as fast as they are, does it matter?

Not saying they are bad. I'm saying they are not spectacular. He doesn't have Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison back there, with Edgerrin James. He has Gronk. Edelman and Amendola are good, but are made better by Tom. Dion Lewis was not even playing football and hadnt had any meaningful carries since 2012. Blount is Blount, and ONLY does well on NE.

A career or season average under 7 is bad yes. If you want to point to a single game than lets talk about the 4.5 and 6.1 we just saw. Naw we shouldn't. Tom Brady is at 8.2 for the year. He's been as low as 6.9 but has had seasons at 8.6. You don't need to worry about IF Brady can throw for a good YPA. He has. He is.

Ryan needs to finish the season out at 7.5'ish for me to believe he can do it. Through College and 3 seasons in the pros he hasn't he's hovered around 7.0 through 5 years. I want him to do it. I want to see it. I'm rooting for him to do it. He's starting all 3 of my teams this week I need an ass kicking. Prove it. No more "projections." Just do it. Do it until the end of the season. Then we'll crown him.

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Oct 28, 2015, 08:36 PM

"jdang307 wrote:

Not saying they are bad. I'm saying they are not spectacular. He doesn't have Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison back there, with Edgerrin James. He has Gronk. Edelman and Amendola are good, but are made better by Tom. Dion Lewis was not even playing football and hadnt had any meaningful carries since 2012. Blount is Blount, and ONLY does well on NE.

A career or season average under 7 is bad yes. If you want to point to a single game than lets talk about the 4.5 and 6.1 we just saw. Naw we shouldn't. Tom Brady is at 8.2 for the year. He's been as low as 6.9 but has had seasons at 8.6. You don't need to worry about IF Brady can throw for a good YPA. He has. He is.

Ryan needs to finish the season out at 7.5'ish for me to believe he can do it. Through College and 3 seasons in the pros he hasn't he's hovered around 7.0 through 5 years. I want him to do it. I want to see it. I'm rooting for him to do it. He's starting all 3 of my teams this week I need an ass kicking. Prove it. No more "projections." Just do it. Do it until the end of the season. Then we'll crown him.

I don't think you give Edelman enough credit, or Amendola for that matter. Manning had those guys, but he needed them. They didn't do what the Cheaters are doing. Brady and Belicheat overshadow anybody else on that team, save Gronk (and Moss when he was there), because the coaches and QBs get the credit...we all know this. RT got offensive player of the week this week, and IMO it easily could've went to (and should've went to) Miller...or Landry. Edelman has been stellar, even better than Welker was...with the ball in his hands. I'm not talking about making a catch, I'm talking about making plays after. He's slippery as hell.

And my post had nothing to do with crowning RT or any such BS. He has nothing to do with Brady or what I posted.

Brady threw for 6.6 YPA (below average) yet they won the game with only a few yards on the ground. That speaks to a team win does it not?

They're made better...by BB 1st, Brady a distant 2nd, IMO.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot: