Yeremiah Bell / Phins talking extension

24 replies

RalphX19XRalphX19XNew MemberOP
Sep 3, 2008, 10:50 AM

The Dolphins recently have exchanged contract extension proposals with strong safety Yeremiah Bell, with the idea of locking up that starter beyond 2008. Bell is currently playing out a one-year deal he signed after last season.

Dolphins In Depth
I really like Y. Bell but he is 30 years old not to mention his injury history.

HULKFishHULKFishForum Veteran
Sep 3, 2008, 11:23 AM

Yeah, you have to consider the injury history in the laguage of the contract but IF this guy is healthy he'll be seeing some Pro-Bowls. He has a knack for making plays! My favorite player on the D!

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
Sep 3, 2008, 11:24 AM

if he can stay ihealthy he is a pretty damn good safety.

Zeke0123Zeke0123Forum Veteran
Sep 3, 2008, 11:51 AM

Ok now lets get Carey done Dangit.

mullinganmullinganForum Veteran
Sep 3, 2008, 12:09 PM

Yeah, I think Carey must be a priority this year and get him locked up long term.

Eternal Optimist. I thank God for the good things in my life. My wife, My Family, and the Miami Dolphins:up:


Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Sep 3, 2008, 01:10 PM

Wow I can't believe he is 30. Sign him for 3 yrs max

ALalen1New Member
Sep 3, 2008, 02:04 PM

Give him no more than a two year deal. I expect it to be a one year extension like Williams' deal was.

Brown42000Brown42000New Member
Sep 3, 2008, 02:18 PM

He is too injury prone and old to be get a long term deal. I see him getting 3 years max.

StylaStylaNew Member
Sep 3, 2008, 04:00 PM

Get it done along with Carey's and Crowders.

Calm Like A Bomb!!!.....:freestyle:

Props to GISH for my avy and badges!

2012-2013 NBA CHAMPIONS MIAMI HEAT!!!

ALalen1New Member
Sep 3, 2008, 04:27 PM

"FreeStyle wrote:

Get it done along with Carey's and Crowders.

I agree with Carey but I would wait a little with Crowder. I want to see how he does midway through the season and then maybe offer up a deal.

StylaStylaNew Member
Sep 3, 2008, 04:29 PM

"alen1 wrote:

I agree with Carey but I would wait a little with Crowder. I want to see how he does midway through the season and then maybe offer up a deal.

Good point, I'd say after what 8 games?

Calm Like A Bomb!!!.....:freestyle:

Props to GISH for my avy and badges!

2012-2013 NBA CHAMPIONS MIAMI HEAT!!!

ALalen1New Member
Sep 3, 2008, 04:32 PM

"FreeStyle wrote:

Good point, I'd say after what 8 games?

Yeah, that sounds like a good number. Crowder talked about being underpaid this off-season and wanting a payday. Well, this is his chance to prove he deserves it. I've been impressed with him thus far but its on Sunday's that counts as we all know lol.

HULKFishHULKFishForum Veteran
Sep 3, 2008, 04:43 PM

Yeah Crowder needs to put up some numbers, and not just tackles! Make some plays boy! Akin has been very solid too. I was a little shocked when I noticed Yeremiah's age this offseason, he hasn't played enough ball for his age. If we can get three more good years out of him he'll get it done!

DisgustipateDisgustipateSupporter
Sep 3, 2008, 06:11 PM

It's worth waiting to see what Crowder does.

The draft next year has two 260+ pound 3-4 ILB prospects highly rated so it seems. It's really early to speculate, but that's a spot to consider.

calphincalphinNew Member
Sep 3, 2008, 06:29 PM

I think that our front office is sitting back and watching to see who deserves a payday. Those that earn one will be in line for it, those that don't will be looking for jobs.


Thanks Gish

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Sep 3, 2008, 07:54 PM

"RalphX19X wrote:

Dolphins In Depth
I really like Y. Bell but he is 30 years old not to mention his injury history.

Personally, I think Bell needs to prove it over a 16 game season before we talk extension...

rdhstlr23rdhstlr23Supporter
Sep 3, 2008, 07:56 PM

"Zeke0123 wrote:

Ok now lets get Carey done Dangit.

That was my first thought...nothing about Yeremiah.

If I'm Vernon Carey, I might be expecting to hit the open market. They've given extensions to Ricky Williams and now talking with Yeremiah Bell...not a word about Vernon Carey.

KAKanye WestNew Member
Sep 3, 2008, 08:59 PM

4 year extention would be good

ALalen1New Member
Sep 3, 2008, 09:25 PM

"RonnieBrownTown wrote:

4 year extention would be good

4??

bigbucks24bigbucks24Supporter
Sep 3, 2008, 09:33 PM

Well. Brock Marion was 35 when he retired. Then again, I don't really see them extending him for 4 years. I guess you could look at him like a lot of people look at Ricky--not a lot of mileage on his body (always injured).

FiN.in.RIFiN.in.RINew Member
Sep 3, 2008, 09:35 PM

Yeah that's a tough one for me. The guy must have looked pretty good in camp amd he's a good saftey but man, those injuries.

As the crowd shook

KAKanye WestNew Member
Sep 3, 2008, 09:40 PM

"alen1 wrote:

4??

Umm I did not studder. I am just kidding year a 3-4 year extension. I think hw will be good for a while longer.

ALalen1New Member
Sep 3, 2008, 09:42 PM

"RonnieBrownTown wrote:

Umm I did not studder. I am just kidding year a 3-4 year extension. I think hw will be good for a while longer.

Do misspelled words count as online-stuttering? :tongue2:

I would love to give him that but with the injuries, I just can't. I think in the end, he will receive an additional year on his current contract, like Ricky Williams did.

KAKanye WestNew Member
Sep 3, 2008, 09:46 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Do misspelled words count as online-stuttering? :tongue2:
I would love to give him that but with the injuries, I just can't. I think in the end, he will receive an additional year on his current contract, like Ricky Williams did.

Did you expect any thing else:shifty:

I think hw will bw fine this year but yea it makes sense to give him a year I really hope we give him more then that though. Has anyone heard any extensions for Ronnie Brown?

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Sep 3, 2008, 10:39 PM

I guess now is the best time to start working on an extension with Bell. At least at this point in time when discussing his contract its easy for the team to throw in the fact that he hasnt been able to stay healthy the last few years, and offer him less because of that. Waiting until after the season, or halfway through if Bell is playing well and still healthy, then more than likely he's going to demand more. He deserves an extension though, when healthy, he is a good safety. Hopefully he's able to prove that in a full season this year.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!