Zach Thomas HOF 2019 campaign

36 replies

jdallen1222jdallen1222Forum VeteranOP
Nov 21, 2018, 10:53 AM

🎃

BIbigballa2102Forum Veteran
Nov 21, 2018, 11:00 AM

No reason hes not in there!!!!

PUpumpdogsForum Veteran
Nov 21, 2018, 03:11 PM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

No doubt whatsoever, Zach Thomas should be in the HOF! Perhaps this is a topic we all can agree on?

We could sure use zach now!

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Nov 21, 2018, 05:30 PM

Who would let that slow little troll into the HoF?

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Nov 21, 2018, 07:27 PM

"resnor wrote:

Who would let that slow little troll into the HoF?

Someone who understands football?

WEWestCoast PhinsForum Veteran
Nov 21, 2018, 07:30 PM

"resnor wrote:

Who would let that slow little troll into the HoF?

Will someone monitor the teleprompter, Resnor will read exactly whats printed.

JPPT1974JPPT1974Forum Veteran
Nov 21, 2018, 08:06 PM

Need to make it before those who make it easily like Ray Lewis or Peyton Manning will.

Ready for May Flowers and Mother's Day 2022

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Nov 21, 2018, 10:19 PM

Uhhh... You guys do realize I was joking, right?

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Nov 21, 2018, 11:21 PM

"resnor wrote:

Uhhh... You guys do realize I was joking, right?

LMAO, I have no idea how that wasn't plainly obvious. Welcome to the Miami Dolphins football forum though.....where EVERYBODY has a freakin' opinion. Maybe we've become so numb to it over the years that we just can't recognize sarcasm anymore. =)

PS- Global warming was actually caused by Tony Sparano and his TD celebrations. The polar caps just couldn't handle that level of stress from a single human.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
Nov 22, 2018, 06:23 AM

"KeyFin wrote:

LMAO, I have no idea how that wasn't plainly obvious. Welcome to the Miami Dolphins football forum though.....where EVERYBODY has a freakin' opinion. Maybe we've become so numb to it over the years that we just can't recognize sarcasm anymore. =)

PS- Global warming was actually caused by Tony Sparano and his TD celebrations. The polar caps just couldn't handle that level of stress from a single human.

Yep! One of the many negatives of social media. It's nice to come and talk Dolphins football, I like hearing the varied opinions, but a lot of folks are so serious they take the fun out of it for me.

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

ChrisKoChrisKoForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2018, 02:59 PM

"KeyFin wrote:

LMAO, I have no idea how that wasn't plainly obvious. Welcome to the Miami Dolphins football forum though.....where EVERYBODY has a freakin' opinion. Maybe we've become so numb to it over the years that we just can't recognize sarcasm anymore. =)

PS- Global warming was actually caused by Tony Sparano and his TD celebrations. The polar caps just couldn't handle that level of stress from a single human.

Excuse me? Sparano and TD celebrations does not compute. I think it was the friction of the ball moving through the goal posts during a field goal that causes Global Warming.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2018, 03:16 PM

"ChrisKo wrote:

Excuse me? Sparano and TD celebrations does not compute. I think it was the friction of the ball moving through the goal posts during a field goal that causes Global Warming.

Sparano's touchdown celebrations were him jumping around like a madman. It was about 100x his fist pump for field goals.

Myself I always found the making fun of the fist pump an insult to that man's passion. He put his heart and soul on the line every week for the Miami Dolphins. He was the type of person who wore his emotions on the sleeve.

While I think Gase is a better coach, I much prefer the sideline deminer of Sparano. he would be a very fun coach to play for.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Carmen CygniCarmen CygniForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2018, 03:33 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

While I think Gase is a better coach, I much prefer the sideline deminer of Sparano. he would be a very fun coach to play for.

Record after 42 games:

Sparano
Regular: 23-19, Post: 0-1
Gase
Regular: 21-21, Post: 0-1

Offense/defense rank PPG by year:

Sparano
Off: 17, 21, 22
Def: 9, 25, 14
Gase
Off: 17, 28, 26
Def: 18, 29, 22

"In football, no one can take all the credit for making a play successful;
that's the beauty of the game. It has to be everybody together".
- Ron Kramer

Focus on defense, then the kicking game, and then do what you can offensively
-Jim MacKenzie

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2018, 03:36 PM

"Carmen Cygni wrote:

After 42 games:

Sparano, Reg: 23-19, Post: 0-1
Gase, Reg: 21-21, Post: 0-1

It's an absolutely unfair comparison for a myriad of reasons, and you know that.

Carmen CygniCarmen CygniForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2018, 03:39 PM

"resnor wrote:

It's an absolutely unfair comparison for a myriad of reasons, and you know that.

Fuck that. You are who your record and rankings say you are. This "I trust in Gase" nonsense is completely delusional and full of bullshit excuses.

"In football, no one can take all the credit for making a play successful;
that's the beauty of the game. It has to be everybody together".
- Ron Kramer

Focus on defense, then the kicking game, and then do what you can offensively
-Jim MacKenzie

CBcbradForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2018, 05:22 PM

"Carmen Cygni wrote:

Offense/defense rank PPG by year:

Sparano
Off: 17, 21, 22
Def: 9, 25, 14
Gase
Off: 17, 28, 26
Def: 18, 29, 22

You copied the wrong offensive rankings for Sparano. The ones you listed are for yards not points and from his second year in 2009:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/index.htm

So.. Sparano Off: 21, 15, 30

In any case, Gase's offensive rankings over his first 3 years are on track to be worse (on average) than for both Sparano and Philbin.

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
Nov 22, 2018, 05:33 PM

"resnor wrote:

It's an absolutely unfair comparison for a myriad of reasons, and you know that.

With respect to everyone, you and Carmen have forgotten more football than I will ever know, but without proper context I don’t believe those stats tell whole story. At first glance, however, neither are ( or were) the HC we hoped they would be. IMO, considering the unusual circumstances these last couple of years Gase should get one more year. If it’s the same ole, same ole then we should move on.

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

Carmen CygniCarmen CygniForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2018, 05:41 PM

"cbrad wrote:

You copied the wrong offensive rankings for Sparano. The ones you listed are for yards not points and from his second year in 2009:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/index.htm

So.. Sparano Off: 21, 15, 30

In any case, Gase's offensive rankings over his first 3 years are on track to be worse (on average) than for both Sparano and Philbin.

Thanks for the correction (again).

And yes, while the point wasn't to separate or elevate Sparano, or Philbin, or Gase, to seem like the better coach, it was simply to address how none are/were the answer at HC.

*Eek. Sorry for the derail OP. Yes, Zach belongs in the HOF; obviously.

"In football, no one can take all the credit for making a play successful;
that's the beauty of the game. It has to be everybody together".
- Ron Kramer

Focus on defense, then the kicking game, and then do what you can offensively
-Jim MacKenzie

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2018, 06:30 PM

"Carmen Cygni wrote:

**** that. You are who your record and rankings say you are. This "I trust in Gase" nonsense is completely delusional and full of bull**** excuses.

Where did I say "trust in Gase"? All I've argued is that the complaints about the record or how the offense looks are silly. Complain about Gase's play calling, fine. Complain about his unwillingness to play younger guys over vets, fine.

Carmen CygniCarmen CygniForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2018, 06:32 PM

"resnor wrote:

Where did I say "trust in Gase"? All I've argued is that the complaints about the record or how the offense looks are silly. Complain about Gase's play calling, fine. Complain about his unwillingness to play younger guys over vets, fine.

"In football, no one can take all the credit for making a play successful;
that's the beauty of the game. It has to be everybody together".
- Ron Kramer

Focus on defense, then the kicking game, and then do what you can offensively
-Jim MacKenzie

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Nov 23, 2018, 12:35 AM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

Sparano's touchdown celebrations were him jumping around like a madman. It was about 100x his fist pump for field goals.

Myself I always found the making fun of the fist pump an insult to that man's passion. He put his heart and soul on the line every week for the Miami Dolphins. He was the type of person who wore his emotions on the sleeve.

While I think Gase is a better coach, I much prefer the sideline deminer of Sparano. he would be a very fun coach to play for.

I loved Sparano for exactly that reason- Dan Campbell had that same fire and passion as well. Sparano's players fought for him to be kept in Miami and that's about the ultimate compliment you can give a coach. He just didn't have much talent to work with and I've heard that he tried to micromanage everything behind the scenes.

I always loved those fist pumps though....I miss that sideline passion.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
Nov 23, 2018, 08:52 AM

"KeyFin wrote:

I loved Sparano for exactly that reason- Dan Campbell had that same fire and passion as well. Sparano's players fought for him to be kept in Miami and that's about the ultimate compliment you can give a coach. He just didn't have much talent to work with and I've heard that he tried to micromanage everything behind the scenes.

I always loved those fist pumps though....I miss that sideline passion.

It's probably me, but I think I remember early on seeing Gase pretty passionate on the sideline. This year though, he seems to be much more calm. Perhaps I am wrong (as usual) and maybe the intensity is there and the guys feed off that, but it's kind of hard to tell what he is doing watching the game on TV.

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

CBcbradForum Veteran
Nov 23, 2018, 09:33 AM

"KeyFin wrote:

I miss that sideline passion.

Then you won't mind replacing Gase with Harbaugh!

Personally I care only about results not passion.

btw.. Ozzie Newsome is reported to step down in 2018 too (I guess owner wants to clean house). I'd do whatever it takes to get both.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Nov 23, 2018, 09:51 AM

"cbrad wrote:

Then you won't mind replacing Gase with Harbaugh!

Personally I care only about results not passion.

btw.. Ozzie Newsome is reported to step down in 2018 too (I guess owner wants to clean house). I'd do whatever it takes to get both.

YEah...if Harbaugh and Newsome came here as a package deal I'd be elated.

My only concern is the fact that no HC has won a Super Bowl for 2 different teams. Maybe Harbaugh could be the first?

CBcbradForum Veteran
Nov 23, 2018, 10:07 AM

"danmarino wrote:

YEah...if Harbaugh and Newsome came here as a package deal I'd be elated.

My only concern is the fact that no HC has won a Super Bowl for 2 different teams. Maybe Harbaugh could be the first?

There’s always a first. Also.. sample size is VERY small for HC’s that won a SB with one team and then went to another, so that stat probably doesn’t mean anything anyway.